Why do you run?

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Ninjapotpie.6973

Ninjapotpie.6973

WHY? WHY ? it makes my heart so sad when you see someone one on one say leaving a camp and they see you….. and RUN. This is WvW its about fighting other people… are you really only here to PVE camps and pretend you are a big bad WvWer? I can understand running from a group but a one on one fight is just silly. don’t run. you will only die tired…

Zorin Blackbow / Azrok [DS]
Ranger, Eng ,Commander (ret),Smartass
GoM. Please don’t feed the Trolls.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Some of us are not specked to roam, and as such only make easy targets. I myself run a support necro with wells and staff aoes most days, my single target offense is generally weaker in some situations. If however I am specked to roam I will of course engage one on ones as getting away is very hard anyways, but it would be like bringing a knife to a gunfight if I was in the wrong equipment/trinkets and traits.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

If you meet some lame roamer and fleeing seems impossible just stand still and let him kill you. He can’t even put video in youtube.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

I roam 90% of time I am on GW2, I play a d/d ele ALOT of that time. I pick my fights, I do not believe in “honourable duels” in open wvw, nor will if i can see you have the upperhand, give you a chance at killing me. I will simply bait you further with my “running” to 1 or 2 guildies i know LOVE to gank, and we will thus proceed to do so. IF you want to play a game where people DO NOT run, play spvp/tpvp. Not a game mode where the idea is tactical fighting. And then we would probably jump on you, for being so silly.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Pretty much what other people have said, you pick your fights based on what your build strengths are. If I see an engi leeroying at me when I’m on my thief, I know he’s prob a 1v1 specced condi build that will have a serious advantage over me and I know that he knows that too, so why would I stay?

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

Pretty much all reasons have been stated. Not built for 1v1, capping camps is important for getting supplies to keeps/towers, and scouting. Scouting becomes a bit problematic if you’re wasting time in 1v1 fights that you’ll likely lose.

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m so tired of that excuse “not spec’d for roaming.” Do you come to WvW expecting not to engage in some form of PvP, whether it be large or small scale? Sorry, not being spec’dfor roaming is not a legitimate excuse. Don’t roam if you don’t want to fight, have a secondary set with you that you can use when you’re solo (considering you can reset traits on the go there’s no reason not to) and unless you have an objective like defending an ally, tower, camp or are trying to reach your zerg, don’t be a pitiful runner. If you don’t learn how to fight when the odds are against you you’re never going to know your full potential.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Because sometimes I’m just trying to get to my guild group. Or, for example, last night a server mate was pleading for somebody to res them just outside the door of the last tower they needed for map completion, so I ran across ebg, from every possible fight, to help this person (who probably got killed trying to run). Sometimes you’re just trying to get somewhere.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

More often these players have no interest in 1v1 or small fights. If they wan’t that, they’d be in sPvP.

It’s WvW and they probably have more interest in running with their zerg, capturing things and making more gold rather than getting into a 1v1 and wasting their time.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

More often these players have no interest in 1v1 or small fights. If they wan’t that, they’d be in sPvP.

It’s WvW and they probably have more interest in running with their zerg, capturing things and making more gold rather than getting into a 1v1 and wasting their time.

Mebbe they should go to Eotm then.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Torvarren.6295

Torvarren.6295

Because mapping is the only reason to do wvw.
I get no excitement out of fighting another player or winning anything in wvw.
If I get attacked, and since I get no enjoyment out of it I may as well stop and let someone else have their enjoyment, whatever that is.
If you want to have your kitten waving kitten fight you can go ahead and claim you have the biggest kitten and I will go back to mapping.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Don’t roam if you don’t want to fight, have a secondary set with you that you can use when you’re solo (considering you can reset traits on the go there’s no reason not to)

Yes sure I’ll just bring 2 complete sets of gear and foods that I have to swap to if I die then swap back out before I reach the fight again, wasting an inordinate amount of time in the process, just to feed the ego of someone that doesn’t realise 1v1 in this game of telegraphs and press v to not die is nothing better than pve.

Not to mention that a staple in any roaming spec is some form of escape skill solely for running away.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

If I see 1 enemy, I’ll click on him and if I see the 40% condi duration food buff, I’ll simply turn my back and run away because I have no desire of fighting this bullkitten.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Paddy.3985

Paddy.3985

Map completion, no interest in pvp. Speak to Anet about needing bls for 100%.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

>> Don’t roam if you don’t want to fight, have a secondary set with you that you can use when you’re solo (considering you can reset traits on the go there’s no reason not to) and unless you have an objective like defending an ally, tower, camp or are trying to reach your zerg, don’t be a pitiful runner

Nonsense. A person should run if he wants to run and fight if he wants to fight. Other players are not there solely to amuse you. They are there for their own reasons. They paid money for the game just as you did and as long as they are not hacking they are free to play as they wish.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

I run to catch up with the rest of my group, so we can all turn and smash you. Xv1 all day erry day.

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Typically, when I go to WvW, and I see a zerg fight, or 10+ on each side, I will stay for the fight. If outnumbered or less than 3 on each side, I will use a very smart strategy… Run run run to my side of a zerg or blob and have my side wipe you. I then proceed to collect my badge and see what I can get with it.

-S o S-

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

>> Don’t roam if you don’t want to fight, have a secondary set with you that you can use when you’re solo (considering you can reset traits on the go there’s no reason not to) and unless you have an objective like defending an ally, tower, camp or are trying to reach your zerg, don’t be a pitiful runner

Nonsense. A person should run if he wants to run and fight if he wants to fight. Other players are not there solely to amuse you. They are there for their own reasons. They paid money for the game just as you did and as long as they are not hacking they are free to play as they wish.

Super right on. Why should i care what you think? It’s my game and my time. And anyone who suggests completely overhauling your build and gear every time you run into an enemy player is not being rational. Uh….no.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Realize that most non thief/mesmer/engie “roamers” are just dudes running towards the tag.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Why would we duel 1v1, when our characters are specced for group/zerg support?

I am not being your free kill…

Of course if I ever play my thief then your dead in like 5 secs and you won’t even see me coming!

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

1v1 is stupid. Since this game balance kitten

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

1min rule. If after 1 min , nothing really happens , i just jump up and down and ignore the other person. Sometimes people /bow. And i bow back to show respect despite it being a draw.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

If I’m on my staff ele, I’m not going anywhere near a roamer and have to take time to regear and retrait. Any other class and I’ll engage just cause I enjoy that stuff. Even against full bs condi builds. That doesn’t mean that most people aren’t interested in small scale fights in wvw since it’s mostly about guild/pug zerg fights

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Dancing Face.4695

Dancing Face.4695

First, few traits and gear for 1vs1. Wvw was not done for 1vs1 so, if someone is not traitede for that is not doing that bad, don’t complain.

Second, many ppl don’t want to get farmed by farmers who have, maybe, full ascended gear, ascended weapons, ascended trinkets, ascended underwear, full sigil stack, food buff …. vs ppl who have exotic, don’t farm adds to have full sigil stack and food is the “stuff” they eat when gw2 is turned off.

If you want not running players go spvp but, you know ,there food is not allowed and gear is the same for everyone.

Gandara

(edited by Dancing Face.4695)

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

With 1v1 builds only nabs do big scale battles. With zerg builds only nabs stop for 1v1. Its like a submarine and a helicopter. Good in different areas. If your helicopter is under the see you are kitten…

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Roll ranger, hardly anyone will run away from you.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

So true is hurts xD

But I guess it really depends what people are looking for in their WvW / Roaming experience. If you’re there to help your server win then actually avoiding fights and just camp flipping and dolly killing makes most sense.. even if its annoying to play against and boring for most people to do.

Then theres also people who spec for certain fights, like many thieves, who will happily fight people they know they are geared to beat but will run within 10s of fighting someone they know wont be easy.

I’m like the OP want to fight anyone, and build my builds to give me at least an outside chance at any matchup.. so it can be annoying when you meet others who dont want to fight.. but you just have to remember not everyone is there for the same reason as you.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

So true is hurts xD

snip

Then theres also people who spec for certain fights, like many thieves, who will happily fight people they know they are geared to beat but will run within 10s of fighting someone they know wont be easy.

snip

I’m guilty of that to an extent, but given there’s no reward for fighting and killing a class/build that’s problematic for you, that’s actually the logical thing to do in WvW. There’s no requirement to fight everything you see. So yeah, I pick my fights, and as long as it’s not a duel I’ll run if necessary.

The only things I don’t really bother with are mesmers, engis and thieves that have the +40 condi duration food, because the fights go on too long and are too heavily tipped in their favour to justify it. Likewise, I fully expect rangers to try getting away from me if possible, I’ve been playing ranger a lot recently and it’s a flipping thief magnet. Some matchups just aren’t in your favour.

Frankly, if I see a PU mesmer defending dolyaks, I go for the dolyak. It’s got more chance of outrunning me :P

Edit: I realise that your post wasn’t a jab, and upon rereading my post seems kinda defensive, it’s not meant that way ^^

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Why do you run?

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m saying you should be prepared not that you should be there to amuse me. If you’re not willing to learn from your mistakes you’ll get killed and come here to cry about how this or that is OP because the only way you know how to deal with anything is by zerging it. Like with real life, you’ll have a much better time if you understand things rather than being ignorant to them.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Piteous.4165

Piteous.4165

WvW is not about 1v1 combat, besides most roamers looking for fights are geared for it and usually take me down in 3-4 hits, so really, what’s the point…

Blackgate
Stay frosty! Keep it tight!

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

I’m saying you should be prepared not that you should be there to amuse me. If you’re not willing to learn from your mistakes you’ll get killed and come here to cry about how this or that is OP because the only way you know how to deal with anything is by zerging it. Like with real life, you’ll have a much better time if you understand things rather than being ignorant to them.

wat

I’m not gonna 1v1 someone. Mainly because it’s just condi cheese. If someone actually spikes me down with straight damage I’m actually impressed and try to contact them to learn their spec.

So unless you are a spike spec I’m not gonna waste my time on your condi bullkitten.

Learn to play a difficult spec.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Ninjapotpie.6973

Ok so pveing camps solo and then running from actual players is ok but expecting someone to fight you in wvw isn’t. Running a stealth build with no armor but tons of damage is ok or a stun burst build that keeps a person locked down till dead but Condi builds are not and if I don’t like it I should goto spvp.. I guess I could respond with if you want to Pve go to pve stay out of wvw (unless you want to fight) and all builds are viable you just have to learn to adjust to who and what your fighting . Win some lose some. Gotta love the guys/girls that need 4 friends to beat one person. Run in to then in real life too they are called punk kitten kittens. I do agree people have a right to play however they choose because they pay t buy the game so I will withdraw my statement and simply say I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why you would waste time going to a player vs player are to run from a even fight. To me no matter how bad I lose atleast I try… But to each there own I guess.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

WHY? WHY ? it makes my heart so sad when you see someone one on one say leaving a camp and they see you….. and RUN. This is WvW its about fighting other people… are you really only here to PVE camps and pretend you are a big bad WvWer? I can understand running from a group but a one on one fight is just silly. don’t run. you will only die tired…

They run because they’re afraid. I’ve asked this question so many times. They almost always say, “I don’t have time…bla bla bla.” That’s a lie though. Because I’ve seen those same people who don’t have time to stop and 1v1, will stop and chase you for 10 minutes around the map if they outnumber you. Or they’ll try to lead you into npc guards so they can get help, or won’t leave the area in front of their base so they can quickly run back inside. Of course they’re defending the base, but as soon as more people show up they will leave their post to fight you outnumbered.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Tibstrike.2974

Ok so pveing camps solo and then running from actual players is ok but expecting someone to fight you in wvw isn’t. Running a stealth build with no armor but tons of damage is ok or a stun burst build that keeps a person locked down till dead but Condi builds are not and if I don’t like it I should goto spvp.. I guess I could respond with if you want to Pve go to pve stay out of wvw (unless you want to fight) and all builds are viable you just have to learn to adjust to who and what your fighting . Win some lose some. Gotta love the guys/girls that need 4 friends to beat one person. Run in to then in real life too they are called punk kitten kittens. I do agree people have a right to play however they choose because they pay t buy the game so I will withdraw my statement and simply say I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why you would waste time going to a player vs player are to run from a even fight. To me no matter how bad I lose atleast I try… But to each there own I guess.

I play WvW to drop meteornados on zergs and watch big flashy numbers pop up across my screen.

I also play to go balls deep into an opposing zerg as a guardian and wade through the damage and dish out some of my own.

I often play WvW in small groups ranging from 3-10 to run around the map and have small skirmishes.

I am impressed by a well executed spike of damage, especially when I am built tanky.

I do not play WvW to run down solo players with large groups that outnumber them.

I enjoy even large scale fights and endurance tests against much larger blobs.

Notice how I never said anything about the PvE aspects of WvW?

And finally

I don’t like 1v1s because most time it comes down to builds, and the meta builds at the present are lame condi bunkers that sacrifice nothing to deal their damage. Spike specs are impressive because if they mess up I can kill them. They sacrficed survivability for damage.

And yes, I can kill thieves, because only bad players can’t handle stealth.

Edit: Also, if a roamer follows me all the way across the map and can’t kill me, you sure as kitten are getting kited into guards surrounding a tower owned by my server. And I will also jump on your body and probably drop a siege blueprint on your body. Because that is hilarious.

(edited by Tibstrike.2974)

Why do you run?

in WvW

Ninjapotpie.6973

I normally have no issues with thieves. Some days they beat me most they dont. I don’t cry when they do. I can take a beating and learn from it. I am simply trying to understand why. IF someone does roam solo taking camps by them selves they would run from another solo person. I spend 90% of my time guarding a tower on my home map. Is I see sentrys flipping and camps with swords I go see what’s what. I am amazed to often find a solo player in a camp guards all dead ring up I rush in and….. They run away. Or I catch them leaving a camp after capping it and…. They run. They choose to roam solo. I am alone why not stop and fight? Pveing camps is easy. I can solo clear them in about A min…. I enjoy the challenge of fighting other PEOPLE that is why am in a PvP area…. And no spvp is not the same thing… I wish they would install a dueling Que.. would solve a lot of issues.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

Because sometimes it’s not optimal to stay and fight. You can stay and fight for three minutes for a camp and possibly win or you can go cap something else before the timer ticks down. Also if you die now you lose presence and have to run back which means you might lose intel. Besides, if I can get you to chase me across a map instead of defend something I’ll do it Everyone should know not to chase a Thief by now.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Why do you run?

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Example. I enter a camp that two of the enemy try and flip. With guards help I down them and they return several times over and bring a third only to be downed. (Venomshare on guards always surprises folks)

I then receive a message along the lines of “why not be a man and come outside the camp to fight”?

I mean DUH. 1v3 I will lose and then you will flip the camp. If it just a duel the other two flip the camp. Why would I leave the camp?

Why do you run?

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Example. I enter a camp that two of the enemy try and flip. With guards help I down them and they return several times over and bring a third only to be downed. (Venomshare on guards always surprises folks)

I then receive a message along the lines of “why not be a man and come outside the camp to fight”?

I mean DUH. 1v3 I will lose and then you will flip the camp. If it just a duel the other two flip the camp. Why would I leave the camp?

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

If I see 1 enemy, I’ll click on him and if I see the 40% condi duration food buff, I’ll simply turn my back and run away because I have no desire of fighting this bullkitten.

Are you saying…. That you only ever fight thieves, greatsword warriors and bearbow rangers?

Edit: I see a few posts of people saying they never fight condi or certain classes…. I think the OP got his answer on why people run so much, it’s cause he’s not a zerker bearbow ranger with 6/6/0/0/2 traits, obviously judging from the posts thats what it requires of our enemies before we decide its a challenging fight.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Are you saying…. That you only ever fight thieves, greatsword warriors and bearbow rangers?

Edit: I see a few posts of people saying they never fight condi or certain classes…. I think the OP got his answer on why people run so much, it’s cause he’s not a zerker bearbow ranger with 6/6/0/0/2 traits, obviously judging from the posts thats what it requires of our enemies before we decide its a challenging fight.

Oy, I didn’t know that the other classes only have condition builds…

Besides I don’t really have much problem dealing with condition builds if they aren’t using the food. That 40% condi duration do a big difference…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Why do you run?

in WvW

Tibstrike.2974

Challenging? Maybe.

Tiresome as its the 10th condi roamer I’ve faced/seen in an hour? Yes.

Why do you run?

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Lol, alright since people like to twist words let me clarify what I had stated earlier… This is your game, play it how you like. I don’t expect people to “feed my ego” by engaging in a fight with me I just get frustrated when people are constantly fleeing from combat. It’s like going paintballing and only shooting targets. You paid your money to be there and you’re entitled to do as you wish, but you can’t say “don’t shoot me” to the other players. If you want to shoot targets all day go to a firing range not a competitive zone. If I see a solo and they think “fighting that person would be a waste of my time” I would love to ask them how they think playing a video game is in any way shape or form not ALREADY a waste of your time…
Run if you like… But don’t claim others to be bothering you, a waste of your time to fight, that you’re not built for 1v1’s or that they’re using some form of cheese. Admitting it’s because you know you’re a bad player and would rather PvE is the correct answer. And you’re bad because you’re not willing to learn by engaging in a fight. The heaven’s won’t come crashing down if you’re not able to scout for 60 seconds, take a shot and you might learn something, you might win… Heck, you might even have fun…

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

If its a fight that becomes more than a me vs 3 then im going to kite and back fight or wait till my pursuers are back to the 2 or 3 vs me again and fight again

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

Why do you run?

in WvW

Ninjapotpie.6973

Lol, alright since people like to twist words let me clarify what I had stated earlier… This is your game, play it how you like. I don’t expect people to “feed my ego” by engaging in a fight with me I just get frustrated when people are constantly fleeing from combat. It’s like going paintballing and only shooting targets. You paid your money to be there and you’re entitled to do as you wish, but you can’t say “don’t shoot me” to the other players. If you want to shoot targets all day go to a firing range not a competitive zone. If I see a solo and they think “fighting that person would be a waste of my time” I would love to ask them how they think playing a video game is in any way shape or form not ALREADY a waste of your time…
Run if you like… But don’t claim others to be bothering you, a waste of your time to fight, that you’re not built for 1v1’s or that they’re using some form of cheese. Admitting it’s because you know you’re a bad player and would rather PvE is the correct answer. And you’re bad because you’re not willing to learn by engaging in a fight. The heaven’s won’t come crashing down if you’re not able to scout for 60 seconds, take a shot and you might learn something, you might win… Heck, you might even have fun…

^ perfectly said

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Like I said, do most people here not realize that most solo players running aren’t actually roaming, but getting to a destination/tag? Obviously, if they were roaming, they’d be engaging.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Ninjapotpie.6973

Like I said, do most people here not realize that most solo players running aren’t actually roaming, but getting to a destination/tag? Obviously, if they were roaming, they’d be engaging.

As I said. I see people ALL the time clearly solo roaming. no towers being taking only camps flipping. they will take a camp by them self and if you cut them off before the next camp meet them in the camp with the ring up or engage them in anyway on a player vs player fight they will turn and run
that is what I am talking about. if I see a zerg run past or know there is one around me and see a solo player run I understand it. I don’t when people just want to PVE a camp but avoid other players at all cost.
The worst are the ones that just stop and stand there…. your attacking things on my map and I should what… just let you live. no you get the spike too. if I do see a Solo or even 2 or 3 people headed for the JP and they are not touching yaks sent or camps just moving though I will leave them alone. But if you want to take points… fight back

(edited by Ninjapotpie.6973)

Why do you run?

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

As I said. I see people ALL the time clearly solo roaming. no towers being taking only camps flipping. they will take a camp by them self and if you cut them off before the next camp meet them in the camp with the ring up or engage them in anyway on a player vs player fight they will turn and run
that is what I am talking about. if I see a zerg run past or know there is one around me and see a solo player run I understand it. I don’t when people just want to PVE a camp but avoid other players at all cost.
The worst are the ones that just stop and stand there…. your attacking things on my map and I should what… just let you live. no you get the spike too. if I do see a Solo or even 2 or 3 people headed for the JP and they are not touching yaks sent or camps just moving though I will leave them alone. But if you want to take points… fight back

Yep, yep. This is a warzone, if I see someone wandering the fields should I leave them be to have them potentially turn around attacking me while my back is turned? Should I leave them be to have them potentially jump me later on with a group? Should I allow them to flip camps and collect intel on our server? No. I will attack them and regardless of whether they are spec’d for a 1v1 or not, I will attempt to eliminate them for my own, and my server-mates’ safety. If you think I’m a bully perhaps you should reconsider your location on the map. Which, if you’re being attacked, is probably in enemy territory. Again, so my words aren’t twisted; you can play as you want. Myself, and I’m certain no other roamers, expect you to be an object for our amusement. We simply want to eliminate a possible threat. If you’re going to run, go ahead and run. But don’t make excuses that that person is using some sort of “OP build” or that you’re not prepared to fight… Not my fault you’re in a PvEvP (WvW) zone, not my fault you’re on an offending server, and it definitely isn’t my fault that you aren’t prepared to fight. So please, put your dignity on the shelf for 60 seconds and have a fight. If you lose and fall in to a deep depression as a result of your failure, maybe you should take a step back and say “I take this game too seriously.”

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

This game isn’t balanced for 1v1. This is world vs world, not necessarily player vs player. And there’s nothing wrong with choosing your fights.

Besides not having time to prove myself to every random that comes across (and will most likely run away anyways), there’s absolutely no reason for me to believe this is a fair fight since there’s plenty of “roamers” that run back to their friends when they’re losing and then also gank pvers and then brag about it on forums. Such badkittens.

So sorry, there’s too many thieves and warriors that make several passes at you and then realize how worthless they are and just turn tail. Wasting time isn’t particularly fun.

If you want duels, there’s always obsidian sanctum.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

wat

I’m not gonna 1v1 someone. Mainly because it’s just condi cheese. If someone actually spikes me down with straight damage I’m actually impressed and try to contact them to learn their spec.

So unless you are a spike spec I’m not gonna waste my time on your condi bullkitten.

Learn to play a difficult spec.

I use power and condition builds. A good power build played properly can easily kill a condition build. A good condition build played properly can easily kill a power build.

Learn to play multiple specs.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

The same blowhards who mock people who do not wish to fight them are likely the same people who play thieves and PU mesmers who run when they’re about to lose, anyway.

Little wonder that people don’t bother fighting them anymore. Half the classes in the game can just flee on a whim, so what’s the point of even stopping to fight these days? The game is just not balanced around having massive open fields, it’s balanced around fighting in a tiny circle, and it shows.