Why do you run?

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

As a roaming Guardian, I have to avoid engis (they kite) and eles (we both out sustain, so the fight stalls out until they get reinforcement)

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

…it’s balanced around fighting in a tiny circle, and it shows.

My sPvP Turret Bunker Engi disagree with that phrase.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Like I said, do most people here not realize that most solo players running aren’t actually roaming, but getting to a destination/tag? Obviously, if they were roaming, they’d be engaging.

As I said. I see people ALL the time clearly solo roaming. no towers being taking only camps flipping. they will take a camp by them self and if you cut them off before the next camp meet them in the camp with the ring up or engage them in anyway on a player vs player fight they will turn and run
that is what I am talking about. if I see a zerg run past or know there is one around me and see a solo player run I understand it. I don’t when people just want to PVE a camp but avoid other players at all cost.
The worst are the ones that just stop and stand there…. your attacking things on my map and I should what… just let you live. no you get the spike too. if I do see a Solo or even 2 or 3 people headed for the JP and they are not touching yaks sent or camps just moving though I will leave them alone. But if you want to take points… fight back

Ah yeah, if they’re soloing camps, they should man up and fight. Even when I’m in a guild run spec, I won’t back down from a 1v1, though 2 or more, I’d probably hightail it out of there lol

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Man up and fight?

This is a computer game. I hardly think playing one makes a person “manly”.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Lotta times one on one isn’t worth it in a specific areas, especially when you’re soloing a camp in enemy territory quickly, as other enemies end up popping up during the battle. I usually run off and if I’m followed far enough into a secluded area I’ll turn to 1 on 1.

There’s also pesky troll builds like tanky perplexity that just aren’t worth the time it takes or risk of getting ganked. You should never really expect a 1 on 1 in WvW. There are much bigger goals than that to help your server and get lootz.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Why do I run? Lots of reasons.

1. I don’t expect to win. This could be the case of someone coming in to defend a camp I haven’t yet captured. I don’t want to fight them and their allied NPC’s when they respawn. Alternatively, it’s a Hambow (I roam on my necro, which gets wrecked by heavy CC, but a Hambow can actually be outrun) or something else that heavily counters me. I might be far more skilled than they are, but why take that risk?

2. I have a particular goal that fighting a 1v1 doesn’t help me fulfill. Like getting that Dolyak headed for the keep my server is sieging.

3. I don’t expect it to remain a “1v1.” This is incredibly common with thieves in my experience, but it happens with all professions.

4. I’m seeing if I can lead you to a more favorable location. On my necro, this could mean closer to cliffs (to fear off of) or simply taking the fight underwater. I’ve let thieves get me down to half health before I reach the water, but then they make the mistake of following me down there and get wrecked.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I am actually specced for running away. I main a warrior and started roaming alot about 2 months ago after a year in the hammer train of a wvw guild.
I had a hard time with condi specs, so i adjusted my build.
Full ascended sentinel armor and weapons for extra vitality and pvt trinkets (no asc sentinel available). With lemongrass poultry soup and dogged march, snares are a non issue and damage condis dont stay active very long as well with warhorn traited. Sword/greatsword gives me great mobility to get away.
I mostly tag the enemy keep to block their waypoint, tag towers to divert the enemy zerg and kill dollies/flip camps. Usually i am tanky enough to kill dollies with 3 enemies on me and then get away. Usually i have at least 3-5 people chasing me and they cant catch me. Thats 3-5 enemies that wont kill my team mates, scout or flip my own camps or kill my dollies.
I have been doing this for 3 weeks now and the blue keep in eb is my favourite waypoint to block because it has 4 gaps that can only be traversed with a 1200 range leap (sword 2 for me) making for a great escape when chased by too many people.
At times, i have been doing that for hours and got many whispers and party invites from enemies to haul some abuse at me for not fighting. I dont care.
I also like to jump into water, so my chasers lose their stacks when they are too cheap to get a sigil for their underwater weapon.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Wanze is my hero. And many of the assumptions of some of the posters in this thread are flat out wrong. Please refrain from making blanket statements about what “type” of person does anything in internet-land. To continue to espouse such trash just makes you look silly and …well….wrong.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Wanze is my hero. And many of the assumptions of some of the posters in this thread are flat out wrong. Please refrain from making blanket statements about what “type” of person does anything in internet-land. To continue to espouse such trash just makes you look silly and …well….wrong.

Judging from your appreciation of a glorified troll I’d venture to guess you’re one of those people who runs at the sight of a red name and pans people for using +duration foods while standing safely behind your tower gates.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

Why do I run? Well, because I suck at PvP, that’s why.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I get the feeling the OP is a lot like me. And this problem pours over into my real life. My real issue is I hate people who don’t even try. In a way, it sickens me. To not even want to try. I think that’s what it boils down to. How can someone be so afraid to not even try, especially in a virtual setting? When I find myself getting annoyed in WvW with runners, I just do dungeons. And when i get annoyed by people in dungeons, I just do WvW again.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Most people dont play WvW to fight 1v1. Its completely unbalanced and dominated by a profession, who himself just stealths and flees when his gank fails.
Its why most people dont run solo, because they just get trolled and rolled.

Cant blame anyone for trying to avoid 1v1 in WvW.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

WHY? WHY ? it makes my heart so sad when you see someone one on one say leaving a camp and they see you….. and RUN. This is WvW its about fighting other people… are you really only here to PVE camps and pretend you are a big bad WvWer? I can understand running from a group but a one on one fight is just silly. don’t run. you will only die tired…

As someone else mentioned, some of us are built for zerg fights. I guess you feel good, being built for roaming, and killing people who aren’t. Why don’t you join the zerg fight, and see how long you stand.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Grym.4295

Grym.4295

Garcon! Cheese, please. No, thank you. We have plenty of whine…

The slave dreams not of freedom, but of becoming the master.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Maybe it was pointed out, but if you’re capping camps for points there is only a small window where it is efficient, that is when your freshly capped camp has a supervisor with the righteous buff extending to the next ppt time.

So, say I just capped a camp and you show up, if I timed my capping right the buff on the supervisor will prevent you from capping in time. If however i still have to cap the camp, your presence in your camp (where you are assisted) killing you and capping it cost so much time that in the time wasted fighting you I could cap three or four unguarded camps. Especially since my setup for capping is poor suited for fighting players.

And I might not be in the mood for 1v1, or maybe I am just passing time capping camps until some allies show up and we can go for bigger fish.

Other players could have other reasons off course, but it should be obvious from their action that, whatever their reasons, they don’t want to fight 1v1.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Ninjapotpie.6973

Ninjapotpie.6973

WHY? WHY ? it makes my heart so sad when you see someone one on one say leaving a camp and they see you….. and RUN. This is WvW its about fighting other people… are you really only here to PVE camps and pretend you are a big bad WvWer? I can understand running from a group but a one on one fight is just silly. don’t run. you will only die tired…

As someone else mentioned, some of us are built for zerg fights. I guess you feel good, being built for roaming, and killing people who aren’t. Why don’t you join the zerg fight, and see how long you stand.

I actully do run with a zerg busting crew of RISE. These guys are about as hard core and bad kitten as it gets …. And guess what.. I don’t change my build one bit for running with them and I do just fine. My build is a hybrid build that I made that is good for anything I want to do. I just have to adjust and PLAY the game. I would never run a cheese build built for one thing that would be extremely boring to me. I can solo group or zerg run. All with the same build and do well at all of them just by adjusting how I play. But thanks… My question is to you why would you be soloing camps in your zerg build? Or did you not actually read what my issue is just added your 2 cents?
“insaneshadow.1654
Why do I run? Well, because I suck at PvP, that’s why.”
atleast I can respect a truthful response.
frans.8092
I can respect this, but it doesn’t make much since to me see as how if you do run am going to chase you and if you happen to get away the call to watch the other camps will go out and you are going to be met in camp by me and friends making it harder to take another camp… hell I wont even call out when I see a solo person. if I win my job is done map is safe… if I lose well I figure you deserve the next camp and I will mostly let people have them unless they do something silly like /laugh or blueprint drop.

I guess my point is THIS IS A GAME. YOU DONT REALLY DIE… not even your armor cost to repair. If you are being active in a PvP area and are only PvEing it seems silly.. would be like me going to a dungeon and saying am only going to fight people not monsters. sooo if a human comes I will fight otherwise you all handle it. Its YOUR game, you play it how you wish. I am not talking kitten or saying you suck. I am just trying to understand why in a PvP area you would avoid PvP. esh with how some people respond you would think I ask about gun control or something.

Zorin Blackbow / Azrok [DS]
Ranger, Eng ,Commander (ret),Smartass
GoM. Please don’t feed the Trolls.

(edited by Ninjapotpie.6973)

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

frans.8092
I can respect this, but it doesn’t make much since to me see as how if you do run am going to chase you and if you happen to get away the call to watch the other camps will go out and you are going to be met in camp by me and friends making it harder to take another camp… hell I wont even call out when I see a solo person. if I win my job is done map is safe… if I lose well I figure you deserve the next camp and I will mostly let people have them unless they do something silly like /laugh or blueprint drop.

Well, do chase me instead of capping and please, do call your friends, the more to join in the game the merrier. They could see on the map that someone is capping, so basically if I am allowed to solo cap it means there’s not enough people on the map, or they’re all busy zerging somwhere ….

I guess my point is THIS IS A GAME. YOU DONT REALLY DIE… not even your armor cost to repair. I you are being active in a PvP area and are only PvEing it seems silly..

The points thing is the actual game you’re playing in Wvw. Fighting players is fun, fighting in groups is even more fun, running around looking for duels is not so much, so I group up and we make them come to us while collecting points. You will not see me capping solo a lot, it’s usually something I do when a server is empty and I am just roaming to find other players.

…. I am just trying to understand why in a PvP area you would avoid PvP. esh with how some people respond you would think I ask about gun control or something.

If you are trying to understand you are doing it wrong. You ask the question, but when people answers it, you argue against them, rather then going into depth.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

The short of it is that some aren’t running because they don’t want to duel or any of the reasons you’ve listed but rather because they’re trying to optimize the amount of information they can glean and/or the amount of points they can turn before the tick.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Ninjapotpie.6973

frans.8092

Well, do chase me instead of capping and please, do call your friends, the more to join in the game the merrier. They could see on the map that someone is capping, so basically if I am allowed to solo cap it means there’s not enough people on the map, or they’re all busy zerging somwhere ….

Normally we have 10 or so people on our map and yes you can solo a camp with out having someone stop you ( I can solo clear a camp in about a min) getting the next camp wont be so easy.

I guess my point is THIS IS A GAME. YOU DONT REALLY DIE… not even your armor cost to repair. I you are being active in a PvP area and are only PvEing it seems silly..

The points thing is the actual game you’re playing in Wvw. Fighting players is fun, fighting in groups is even more fun, running around looking for duels is not so much, so I group up and we make them come to us while collecting points. You will not see me capping solo a lot, it’s usually something I do when a server is empty and I am just roaming to find other players.

I happen to enjoy dueling a great deal and wish there was a que for it, I don’t enjoy zerging very much so I don’t do it often.. and as you say… you are roaming to find other players… so my question doesn’t really apply to you. it was to people that openly clearly are out to JUST take camps and avoid player vs player combat at all cost but I guess that’s just how some people choose to play.
I spend a great deal of time guarding a tower on my home map. I have done so for about a year and a half. If am guarding my tower and I see the either sent around me or either camp with swords I am after it. I am sure a lot of people don’t understand my defending but its what I enjoy with my busy life it works.

…. I am just trying to understand why in a PvP area you would avoid PvP. esh with how some people respond you would think I ask about gun control or something.

If you are trying to understand you are doing it wrong. You ask the question, but when people answers it, you argue against them, rather then going into depth.

Is that not how you come to understand things? you make your point I make my counter point. you respond, the conversation continues a understanding is reached.

(edited by Ninjapotpie.6973)

Why do you run?

in WvW

Ninjapotpie.6973

The short of it is that some aren’t running because they don’t want to duel or any of the reasons you’ve listed but rather because they’re trying to optimize the amount of information they can glean and/or the amount of points they can turn before the tick.

Another answer I can respect. I guess I am just of the mindset of see enemy kill them. not everyone works that way.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Nah, that’s not true. If more comes, then the whole group of them will stop whatever they were doing to chase you for over 10 minutes sometimes just to fight and kill you… as long as they outnumber you.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Nah, that’s not true. If more comes, then the whole group of them will stop whatever they were doing to chase you for over 10 minutes sometimes just to fight and kill you… as long as they outnumber you.

Basically this is the main reason why i tag stuff and run away, to have as much people chasing me as possible. They dont get a kill for 5, 10 or 15 minutes and they dont do anything productive.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Judging from your appreciation of a glorified troll I’d venture to guess you’re one of those people who runs at the sight of a red name and pans people for using +duration foods while standing safely behind your tower gates.

Keep GUESSING. And keep not knowing anything. Have fun

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

If I want to troll these ‘leet’ roamers (or if I’m killed on my support staff ele by ‘roaming’ gangs of thiefs too often) I’ll jump on my engi and troll to my heart’s content.

I particularly like leading 2 or 3 right across the map as they get increasing desperate to kill me, leading them away from people they could kill and wasting their time whilst our guys take an objective or wipe their zerg.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Why do you run?

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Keep GUESSING. And keep not knowing anything. Have fun

Hard not to when you’re being so vague. Maybe a hint or a riddle? Internet-land sounds like a place I’d want to go, oh mysterious one.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

When I play my PU condi mesmer, I CAN’T run, so I have to stay and see if I can down anyone. Thieves and warriors may run from me, but I cannot chase them, so I don’t. If I’m trying to take a camp and 3-5 of the enemy show up, I’m hosed because I’m way outnumbered. Can’t run with a PU condi build, so I try to do as much damage as I can before I get overwhelmed. If I’m running a power mesmer build and I’m outnumbered, I’ll try to run to get to the water, as I feel I’m more powerful under water with that build. There have been times when I’m trying to catch up with the commander to get in on taking a keep or tower when I’m confronted by 3-5 enemy and I have to engage. The other day, I actually came out on top in this situation, and the adrenaline rush and amazement I felt at winning that encounter was the best drug ever available in a game format. Still have no idea how I won that encounter….

If I’m on my guardian, nothing can run from me. Thieves might kill themselves while I have so much retaliation up, and they might choose to run, but most come back after all their cooldowns are up. If I’m significantly outnumbered, I’ll try to run somewhere to even the odds, whether its to another group of players or NPC’s. If I lose and get stomped, it’s a learning situation. Gotta admit, I don’t mind losing to someone who stomps me with a cool finisher. As I mentioned in another post, when the quaggan finisher came out, I got stomped by it and didn’t pay attention till I noticed the end of the animation. I actually chased that player down again and fought half-heartedly just so I could see the finisher again close up.

Why do you run?

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

When I play my PU condi mesmer, I CAN’T run, so I have to stay and see if I can down anyone. Thieves and warriors may run from me, but I cannot chase them, so I don’t. If I’m trying to take a camp and 3-5 of the enemy show up, I’m hosed because I’m way outnumbered. Can’t run with a PU condi build, so I try to do as much damage as I can before I get overwhelmed. If I’m running a power mesmer build and I’m outnumbered, I’ll try to run to get to the water, as I feel I’m more powerful under water with that build. There have been times when I’m trying to catch up with the commander to get in on taking a keep or tower when I’m confronted by 3-5 enemy and I have to engage. The other day, I actually came out on top in this situation, and the adrenaline rush and amazement I felt at winning that encounter was the best drug ever available in a game format. Still have no idea how I won that encounter….

If I’m on my guardian, nothing can run from me. Thieves might kill themselves while I have so much retaliation up, and they might choose to run, but most come back after all their cooldowns are up. If I’m significantly outnumbered, I’ll try to run somewhere to even the odds, whether its to another group of players or NPC’s. If I lose and get stomped, it’s a learning situation. Gotta admit, I don’t mind losing to someone who stomps me with a cool finisher. As I mentioned in another post, when the quaggan finisher came out, I got stomped by it and didn’t pay attention till I noticed the end of the animation. I actually chased that player down again and fought half-heartedly just so I could see the finisher again close up.

I’m the same as yourself, and it’s too bad more aren’t like you. I can’t run and probably wouldn’t if I could anyway. I don’t mind losing but if I can prevent it I will. I won’t stick around to see if I can survive a 1v2 or 3 but if I can’t escape I’ll go out guns blazing. It’s fun to test your limits and I guess I’ll just never understand people who get so wounded by losing a fight. We all die it’s not something to be ashamed of especially if you’re outnumbered. Preventing unnecessary deaths is one thing but refusing to ever fight unless you outnumber your foes makes you only another faceless soul in the sea of red names.
As a solo roaming Ranger I’m astonished at how often people will run. I’m not a bearbow which might be the cause, but even with all the talk of how bad Rangers are I still see a lot of runners.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

So, I don’t really think of myself as a roamer but I end up doing it from time to time.

If I’m running around and I see a single person just kinda standing there, I’m pretty suspicious of engaging. My assumption is that there’s a reason they’ve decided to just camp that area. Might be buddies nearby, might be they’ve practiced using the terrain in this particular spot, whatever. It’s usually sound tactics not to walk into their trap. I don’t necessarily try to evade them right away, but I’m certainly not going to try to engage them aggressively. “Roamers” who mainly camp spots trying to gank people tend to be slippery sorts. Especially if they’re of a class that’s faster than me: warriors and thieves can run like the wind, so chances are they’ll either hound you to death or get away if you have the upper hand — seems to be very little payoff to trying to get into a fight with them one-on-one.

If I’m running around and I see another player running around, I tend to be much more aggressive about engaging, since there’s far less reason to assume they’re just waiting around to screw with people. And if I kill them or drive them off I’ve presumably stopped them from actually accomplishing something for a little while.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

Ok so pveing camps solo and then running from actual players is ok but expecting someone to fight you in wvw isn’t. Running a stealth build with no armor but tons of damage is ok or a stun burst build that keeps a person locked down till dead but Condi builds are not and if I don’t like it I should goto spvp.. I guess I could respond with if you want to Pve go to pve stay out of wvw (unless you want to fight) and all builds are viable you just have to learn to adjust to who and what your fighting . Win some lose some. Gotta love the guys/girls that need 4 friends to beat one person. Run in to then in real life too they are called punk kitten kittens. I do agree people have a right to play however they choose because they pay t buy the game so I will withdraw my statement and simply say I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why you would waste time going to a player vs player are to run from a even fight. To me no matter how bad I lose atleast I try… But to each there own I guess.

Really? You just used the “in real life” card? You know, a lot of people play these types of games. Kids, adults, mothers & fathers. From all walks of life and from many countries. And in real life, we are all different. Myself, I call home to the great state of Florida. I carry a sidearm all day every day. We can even defend ourselves to the death against unarmed attackers….and get away with it. Self defense and all. I guess I’d be one of your “kittens”…tho I’d be the one walking away.

As for this “game”, I tend to stay and fight…win or lose. You never know what kind of fun you run into when alone. Tho I’m not really much of a roamer so to speak. Just take it when it happens. I don’t have anything against those that do tho.

What I find funny, is when the enemy has a zerg that’s twice our zergs size…and they run…and it isn’t a baiting issue….they then ported. Just had that happen today too.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

(edited by ganeshori.6309)

Why do you run?

in WvW

Ninjapotpie.6973

Ok so pveing camps solo and then running from actual players is ok but expecting someone to fight you in wvw isn’t. Running a stealth build with no armor but tons of damage is ok or a stun burst build that keeps a person locked down till dead but Condi builds are not and if I don’t like it I should goto spvp.. I guess I could respond with if you want to Pve go to pve stay out of wvw (unless you want to fight) and all builds are viable you just have to learn to adjust to who and what your fighting . Win some lose some. Gotta love the guys/girls that need 4 friends to beat one person. Run in to then in real life too they are called punk kitten kittens. I do agree people have a right to play however they choose because they pay t buy the game so I will withdraw my statement and simply say I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why you would waste time going to a player vs player are to run from a even fight. To me no matter how bad I lose atleast I try… But to each there own I guess.

Really? You just used the “in real life” card? You know, a lot of people play these types of games. Kids, adults, mothers & fathers. From all walks of life and from many countries. And in real life, we are all different. Myself, I call home to the great state of Florida. I carry a sidearm all day every day. We can even defend ourselves to the death against unarmed attackers….and get away with it. Self defense and all. I guess I’d be one of your “kittens”…tho I’d be the one walking away.

As for this “game”, I tend to stay and fight…win or lose. You never know what kind of fun you run into when alone. Tho I’m not really much of a roamer so to speak. Just take it when it happens. I don’t have anything against those that do tho.

What I find funny, is when the enemy has a zerg that’s twice our zergs size…and they run…and it isn’t a baiting issue….they then ported. Just had that happen today too.

You seem to have missed the entire point of this post and that comment… I said people that need 4 friends to beat one person are kittenes you said " I guess I’d be one of your “kittens”…tho I’d be the one walking away." …. now you are bringing guns in to it and saying in a fight where you are 5 on 1 you being the 5 side would pull a gun on the one guy… good job tough guy. I live in Colorado. I am a 38 yo father of 4. I have a carry conceal permit in this state but I most certainly don’t need one to protect myself.
NOW maybe if you would bother to comment on what this post is about and not waste time trolling you would add something useful to this thread

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Sometimes a player can be much more effective by running instead of fighting. Maybe they’re luring you to a place where they have the advantage (terrain, NPCs, cooldowns have reset), or maybe they are just so mobile they know you can’t catch them, and when you give up the chase, they’ll be back tapping keeps or killing yaks. Or maybe the 5 people that peeled off the zerg to try and kill you is 5 less attackers for the Keep.

In any case, a kill for you means points for your server, so why wouldn’t they try to stay alive to help their server?

If you are dead set on killing enemies while roaming, then it behooves you to have ways of pinning the enemy down so you can finish them.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

IMHO, Adapt to what the other guy does or seek an alternative game style.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

If you run you are bad. If you are good you stay and fight and win, even vs a class or build that counters yours. Baddies gonna be bad.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

If you run you are bad. If you are good you stay and fight and win, even vs a class or build that counters yours. Baddies gonna be bad.

Lets see, there are two options: Stay or Run

If I run, I’m bad – End

If I stay there are two options: Win or Lose

If I win I’m good – End

If I lose, I’m bad – End

But there is a problem: People say that you beating bad people don’t make you good, because you need to beat good people to be good. But if people that lose are bad, it means you’re only beating bad people, thus you’re not good. And if you’re not good, you’re bad.

Conclusion: Everyone in this game is bad.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Why do you run?

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Lets see, there are two options: Stay or Run

If I run, I’m bad – End

If I stay there are two options: Win or Lose

If I win I’m good – End

If I lose, I’m bad – End

But there is a problem: People say that you beating bad people don’t make you good, because you need to beat good people to be good. But if people that lose are bad, it means you’re only beating bad people, thus you’re not good. And if you’re not good, you’re bad.

Conclusion: Everyone in this game is bad.

Well duh, GW2 is designed for casuals. All the try hards in this game are hilarious. It’s like gloating about being good at Jenga. Sure you need a steady hand but a kittening chimp could do it if it wanted to.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Big Boss.5206

Big Boss.5206

When I roam on my glass mesmer, I go looking for fights. Even if I get outnumbered and I have the opportunity to escape, I wont. I play to fight and kill as many people as I can, while also trying to up my skill in facing multiple opponents at once.

When I am on my support guard, I play to help my friends and zerg. However when I get on my guard, I usually have about 15 minutes or so of downtime before we group up. So during that time I will go take a camp or sentry or something. If one enemy engages me…or four I will run like a kitten haha. I actually find it to be quite alot of fun to have four people trying to finish me off before I get to safety…I’m always like "I hope I make it! >.< " even though a fair share of the time I dont lol. I will never complain or QQ about it, wvw is a hostile environment…it’s killed or be killed

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

I’m so tired of that excuse “not spec’d for roaming.” Do you come to WvW expecting not to engage in some form of PvP, whether it be large or small scale? Sorry, not being spec’dfor roaming is not a legitimate excuse. Don’t roam if you don’t want to fight, have a secondary set with you that you can use when you’re solo (considering you can reset traits on the go there’s no reason not to) and unless you have an objective like defending an ally, tower, camp or are trying to reach your zerg, don’t be a pitiful runner. If you don’t learn how to fight when the odds are against you you’re never going to know your full potential.

How about this reason: I simply don’t want to fight. It is as legitimate as any other (including wrong specs), since this is a game, and more importantly, it is not your game. Other people are not there for your entertainment.
I run D/D valk/zerker thief and roam a lot. When I 1v1 another roamer it’s fine. It’s fine when I catch a PVT warr outside of his zerg as well. And you know what? It’s also fine if that player teleports before engaging me because he doesn’t want to give me a free lootbag.
Other players don’t owe you fair fights or the points or loot and every kill the other server doesn’t get is a contribution to your own server
(likewise, I don’t feel obligated to stay and fight a condi engi).

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

If you meet some lame roamer and fleeing seems impossible just stand still and let him kill you. He can’t even put video in youtube.

I do this Vs thieves, i see them and just stop moving/reacting or just auto walk somewhere. they get an empty hollow kill and i don’t end up in their youtube video. My best counter to a thief is to pretend they don’t even exist. If you don’t engage them or aknowledge their existance they get bored and leave the map, this in my books is a win.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

I spend 90% of my time guarding a tower on my home map. Is I see sentrys flipping and camps with swords I go see what’s what. I am amazed to often find a solo player in a camp guards all dead ring up I rush in and….. They run away. Or I catch them leaving a camp after capping it and…. They run. They choose to roam solo. I am alone why not stop and fight? Pveing camps is easy. I can solo clear them in about A min…. I enjoy the challenge of fighting other PEOPLE that is why am in a PvP area….

The guy that ran from you made points for his server, claimed your supps and got out alive, denying you the stomp point. You got nothing. See the difference?

It’s fine that you enjoy the challenge of fighting other people (so do I) but it doesn’t matter, since the other guy doesn’t and was able to disengage.
Nothing wrong here, stop QQ and go spvp.

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

Simple: because I have no respect for people running low risk builds/classes, in any game.

Why do I /laugh @ and then walk away sometimes?
- Because the noob is using perplexity runes
- Because it’s a PU Mesmer
- Because 40% condition food on condition spam perplexity engineer
- Because it’s an apothecary shadow arts perplexity thief, aka god mode.

If some noob is going to use some easy mode set up playing the simplest combat option in the game (conditions) then I’d rather upset them by taking away their toy.

In the mean time, I’ll look for someone who isn’t running one of those above 4 noob set ups. I’ll look for a good player, or a player who wants to improve at playing with high risk builds.

Also, I love the irony of a person playing a thief or PU Mesmer and then crying because other people disengaged, it cracks me up every time.

I have no issue with solo zerker thieves, since I can down the predictable ones in less than 10 seconds, and the good ones provide a challenging fight win or lose.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

(edited by Realist.5812)

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

The same blowhards who mock people who do not wish to fight them are likely the same people who play thieves and PU mesmers who run when they’re about to lose, anyway.

Little wonder that people don’t bother fighting them anymore. Half the classes in the game can just flee on a whim, so what’s the point of even stopping to fight these days? The game is just not balanced around having massive open fields, it’s balanced around fighting in a tiny circle, and it shows.

pretty much this. whats the point to fight thieves when they can just get away pretty much whenever they want? same with warriors, sometimes.

IF someone does roam solo taking camps by them selves they would run from another solo person. I spend 90% of my time guarding a tower on my home map. Is I see sentrys flipping and camps with swords I go see what’s what. I am amazed to often find a solo player in a camp guards all dead ring up I rush in and….. They run away.

2 reason i can think of:
1.that player maybe used some of his cooldowns to kill the camp
2.it took him a while to flip it, which means its likely that some guards are going to respawn. i wouldnt want to duel in a camp with respawning guards either, but take the fight somewhere else

what class are you playing btw? thief?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

As a PU Mesmer.. I lose more often than I win. To tell the truth, 1v1 is very rare in my experience. Most of the time it’s a cowardly group of 6v1. As to fleeing at whim, Blix you obviously haven’t played Mesmer or Thief.. It’s usually the ones who don’t play a class that scream OP.

Mesmerising Girl

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Simple: because I have no respect for people running low risk builds/classes, in any game.

Why do I /laugh @ and then walk away sometimes?
- Because the noob is using perplexity runes
- Because it’s a PU Mesmer
- Because 40% condition food on condition spam perplexity engineer
- Because it’s an apothecary shadow arts perplexity thief, aka god mode.

If some noob is going to use some easy mode set up playing the simplest combat option in the game (conditions) then I’d rather upset them by taking away their toy.

In the mean time, I’ll look for someone who isn’t running one of those above 4 noob set ups. I’ll look for a good player, or a player who wants to improve at playing with high risk builds.

Also, I love the irony of a person playing a thief or PU Mesmer and then crying because other people disengaged, it cracks me up every time.

I have no issue with solo zerker thieves, since I can down the predictable ones in less than 10 seconds, and the good ones provide a challenging fight win or lose.

Funny thing is that meta power builds are just as cheesy. Sounds like a learn to play issue.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Why would I stay and fight some cheese build and give you a free point for your server? When I can run away and make you waste time thus potentially saving my server some points.

If they did away with the down state and stomping and points for stomp (and thieves) then maybe people could just fight for fun and not worry about it. I’d bet you’d see less people running.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

I would stay and fight, but I am not a roaming spec.
Most roamer I met are thieves and D/D ele.
I lost mostly, but there are cases I got upper hand and when that happened those so called roamer run away like the wind lol.
So I want to ask back: why “roamer” run away when the 1v1 fight is not in their favor?

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Dueling is waste of time. Adds nothing to ppt and in many cases keeps you away from your original goal (yaks, camps…whatever)

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

As a PU Mesmer.. I lose more often than I win. To tell the truth, 1v1 is very rare in my experience. Most of the time it’s a cowardly group of 6v1. As to fleeing at whim, Blix you obviously haven’t played Mesmer or Thief.. It’s usually the ones who don’t play a class that scream OP.

I’ll give you mesmer, as they can be tracked down pretty easily, but thief?

I can stealth with my heal and be a full warrior GS/sword – X combo away before I come out of stealth again. That’s just using heartseeker.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Totbot.4583

Totbot.4583

Its pretty simple. Two equally skilled players fight, the winner will be the one with the 1v1 spec/gear/runes/ect. There is no way around it. The difference between a group build and a solo build can be massive. If I am using a group based build I gain nothing from trying to 1v1. I’ll probably lose unless the enemy is bad and by choosing to stay and die I deprive my group the suppport it needs. Hell, even if I manage to win, I am still wasting time that could be better spent supporting my group.

If I’m messing around and running a meditation build in WvW for fun, I’ll 1v1 all day everyday. Otherwise, not worth my time to feed someones ego. And despite people denying it, its clearly all about the ego.

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: Murdoc.4251

Murdoc.4251

I’ll run if I have a bunch of abilities on cooldown or to reset a fight in a spot of MY choosing. Especially when surprised, getting a little room to see what you are up against makes the difference between winning and losing the fight.

Plus, running annoys the other person so much which is its own sort of fun.

[HDS] – Gate of Madness
Murdoc Jones – Brock Jones – Murdoch Jones – Jaedmara Jones
Warrior – Guardian – Ranger – Necro

Why do you run?

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I run for my group, because I know that single guy coming at me isn’t alone either. Never had a 1v1 in month. If I tried, some thieves or other kittened roamers jumped at me.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc