Why has skill lag seemingly gotten worse?

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I remember around the time of leagues when the optimization patch came through, skill lag was almost entirely removed from the game. For the longest time, I remember fights in Stonemist with at least 2 queued servers, and there being minimal skill lag with even 3 in the same spot.

Recently, however, skill lag has come back in full force. In T2 we can barely have 40vs40 fights without the servers crapping out. What happened?

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

They fix something, Then they break it again…. That’s just how Anet roll’s.

in WvW

Posted by: Torgrim.3642

Torgrim.3642

They fix something, Then they break it again…. That’s just how Anet roll’s.

Same as every developer in every game you mean?

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Recently, however, skill lag has come back in full force. In T2 we can barely have 40vs40 fights without the servers crapping out. What happened?

This has been FA’s experience as well. Starting to see that cross map skill lag again as well…where you can see the crossed swords on the map and experience skill lag miles away.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Wtb: Culling :S

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I haven’t played much during Prime Time for a long while, but anyway I just tried it and in the end I was just endlessly rubber-banding.
So then I reset my router and all was okay until I hopped to EB which had no queue on our side but it had some awful rubber-banding compared to the borderland I hopped to beforehand.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: EmoDevo.3209

EmoDevo.3209

Coming soon to gem store.
Reduce skill lag – 800 gem.
Account bound WXP – 1800 gem.

in WvW

Posted by: Neuroticgrim.8769

Neuroticgrim.8769

Agreed, T1 is seeing some crazy crazy lag this week….. even when no blobs on map/…..

[JINX] – [BG → FA] – (Veteran Commander) – Neuroticanecro

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

It’s an immersion feature

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I tend to get horrendous lag between the top of the hour and around 5-10 past the hour. As well as the odd spike.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: jluiz.8630

jluiz.8630

yeah please reduce the lag, even on the lowest graphic on a build computer with high speed in a non-3way fight still getting this lag lol.

Commander Darkesthawk Knightz of Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

It’s an immersion feature

xD

Not only in T1 or T2, T9 has lag issues past few days as well. Haven’t had lag in T9 until now.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

My guess, guilds have left the game.

After the story there isnt much to do, so people go into WvW.
WvW hasnt had enough love from the devs because they are somehow deluded that sPvP is the way forward.
Took 18 months to fix party system for WvW, all other bugs are still there since launch. And only things WvW have got are masteries and the now useless bloodlust isles.

Guilds got fed up and left GW2 for newer or older games. Fewer people playing means less chances of people buying gems, which means less money for Anet. Less money means they got to make cuts, and since they dont like WvW they have most likely reduced the bandwidth available to servers.
This has already been pointed out by a person who was on SoR, saying they had very little lag in WvW even when all 3 zergs were in one area; but having moved to a lower tier server they now experience a tonne of lag even when they are alone miles from any zerg.

Anet refused to listen to us, refused to fix WvW, spent all their resources on other things and now have lost a lot of players. They basically shot themselves in the foot and now the game is limping along.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: sil.4160

sil.4160

the problem started right after the massive ddos on anet. I think they changed something to address it, now I’m experiencing massive lags and rubber banding more often. It has become unplayble. Please fix anet

(edited by sil.4160)

in WvW

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

IT’S SCARLET!!

She has been planting Lag Mines all over Tyria, even in the mists. So Watch your step, cause with this latest LS: “You never know when Scarlet’s reign of terror will strike you!”

All kidding aside, I think the servers all handle bandwidth together, so some times of the day, more players in WvW, all servers lag more.

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

It’s absolutely ruining the experience of WvW.

Anet needs to inform us either the cause of or the planned solution to this problem.

Especially on the eve of S2

in WvW

Posted by: American.2869

American.2869

Anet refused to listen to us, refused to fix WvW, spent all their resources on other things and now have lost a lot of players. They basically shot themselves in the foot and now the game is limping along.

They’re going to continue to lose players/guilds once ESO & Wildstar release. Anet has made it very clear to us that WvW is nothing more than a mini-game and have isolated the WvW community. It’s sad really.

Anyhow, on topic; I agree. I’ve been noticing more skill lag as well.

~ [RET] Retribution ~
Necro: Skyinho

in WvW

Posted by: Eir Jordan.2156

Eir Jordan.2156

The amount of massive slowdowns and teleport lags is worse than it has been in recent memory. I hear similar stories from other EU servers lower down the ladder. I am fairly sure this is a recent server side change. I hope this is addressed before leagues restart.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Any word when EB is gonna be fixed again btw ? Huge squares still at spawn and on sm…..

Anet policy " If it’s broken..Just don’t fix it,let’s wait and then…still don’t fix it,but hey here is a living story ! "

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

Lag has definitely gotten worse. Before, you only really lag when 3 servers are at one location. Now, it lags even when 2 servers are fighting at one spot. Possible that they switched the good servers for pve since all of the new content released requires 150+ people on the map (scarlet, wurm, knights, etc)? I’ve only noticed the lag getting worse with the new content coming out..

in WvW

Posted by: Opacus.4390

Opacus.4390

Skill lag occurs again, during big fights. Sometimes even 1 vs a few. Framerate drops significant while a few months b4 this was acceptable.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Lag is irritating but I usually don’t let it bother me too much. I just wander away from high density areas and do some scouting for a bit. However; if everyone wandered away and did the same what fun would that be. And even though I’m not using my skills while scouting about I still experience lag miles away from any action and am delayed when reporting any enemy activity in mapchat.
The lag has gotten to an unbearable level recently, however. As I’ve said usually I’ll just scout about but I can’t even do that at this point because it takes up to 40 kitten seconds just to get through a gate portal. And even if I get through I sometimes rubberband in and out of it a few times. I also experienced probably the worst lag I’ve had in my entirety of playing this game just yesterday… Zergs collided in SMC and suddenly I wasn’t able to use any of my skills. Everyone kept fighting, then eventually it went further down hill to people no longer fighting but just running in straight lines which is a good indication of heavy lag. I went to a safe place in the outer walls and watched the names float around down the hallway. When the lag finally subsided about… THREE MINUTES later… I was blasted with a horrible jumble of every character phrase and weapon sound effect all at once, every condition stacked, my health vanished and everyone was suddenly in our keep. It was kind of funny looking back but at the time I felt like putting my knuckles through the screen.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Kincaidia.3192

You can’t wander away from high density areas and have it get better. It extends the whole breadth of the map. You can be in spawn and have the fight be at another spawn point and you still get the same skill delay as if you were in the middle of it.

in WvW

Posted by: Blackelk.3784

Blackelk.3784

In T1 we noticed a marked difference the day EotM came out the skill lag came back in force, it was ebbing off slowly getting better and better, but from the day EotM came out its been a steady decline…..

Guild Lead -[MMAC] Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts
Bluntski

in WvW

Posted by: Sven.3680

Sven.3680

It has been getting worse over the last weeks. The last days have been almost umplayable: constant lags and warps, freezes for several seconds and random disconnects. There was the rumour about some “bad” sever slots but lately almost everybody in our raid has the same problems. I cannot really tell when it all started (eotm or LA event or whatever) but before that i dcd like once or twice from wvw in 1.5 years so i doubt the problem is on my side …

its Schlossen Time

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

It started lagging precisely when EotM hit. Probably running on the same cluster or something.

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I remember around the time of leagues when the optimization patch came through, skill lag was almost entirely removed from the game. For the longest time, I remember fights in Stonemist with at least 2 queued servers, and there being minimal skill lag with even 3 in the same spot.

Insanely worse even in a moderate zerg.

So bad that I am dead seemingly without even getting the chance to see myself downed – isn’t that nice?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Kincaidia.3192

Additionally hilarious when you’ve got the “Outmanned” buff but by the lag you know the other 2 teams must have full map blobs… /cry

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Likely Anet’s cutting down on servers since WvW is dying.

in WvW

Posted by: ViRuE.3612

ViRuE.3612

It has become ridiculous lately, this weekend was especially bad in TC Garrison with a three way fight. Whole map was lagged, there wasn’t even that many people in Garrison actually fighting – defenders in lord room, one set of attackers on one wall and one set of attackers on another wall. Just looking at each other wondering why no skills would fire.

As others have pointed out – EoTM release on things started going downhill. I assume they just ran the new EoTM maps on existing cluster so no wonder. Strangely we got a couple of minutes of relief from skill lag every so often – someone pointed out that it matched when EoTM was resetting.

Go figure. Anet forward planning comes to the fore again eh?

in WvW

Posted by: ImMortAL.9017

ImMortAL.9017

I can usually cope with a little lag, but when your skills take 2 seconds to fire and then random disconnects every 15 minutes, it starts to get irritating to say the least.

How will season 2 of WvW cope if during normal weeks it cannot keep up with the numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: Caosaur.3871

Caosaur.3871

I’ve always experience skill lag in eb, bc three ways in SM tend to do that. However now I’m getting lag in every BL. If two zergs are in garri, I’ll be lagging my kitten off in south camp. I understand that T1 has lag, but dang.

I really hope it’s dealt with before the season starts.

Being a cancerous roamer on TC.

(edited by Caosaur.3871)

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

Being a country kid, this farmers quote rings a bell, “if she still goes, she ain’t broke.”

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Being a country kid, this farmers quote rings a bell, “if she still goes, she ain’t broke.”

So you feel comfortable riding a car with 3 wheels ?

in WvW

Posted by: Toramino.4381

Toramino.4381

Been a couple days since last post here but I’m pretty much commenting in any thread about this problem. Been experiencing horrible skill lag in wvw to the point that when two zergs fight, I can’t get a skill to fire until the fight is over yet people are still moving around. And it feels as though it’s getting progressively worse.

in WvW

Posted by: Purr Kitten.8731

Purr Kitten.8731

Making wvw completely annoying to play. I doubt they are working on a fix anytime soon either.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Krumbotor.9064

Krumbotor.9064

Forget this post, Anet is already collecting information on the problem!

Making wvw completely annoying to play. I doubt they are working on a fix anytime soon either.

No they aren’t working on it. Support says it is not known among the developers. I wrote a ticket specifying very clearly that everyone in the whole zerg has this problem whenever I have it. Despite of that they assume it is my specific problem. I think we need more tickets to raise awareness. There is also an official sticky thread for this. I think that is were we should give feedback:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Official-state-of-skill-lag-and-server-optimizations/page/6#post3819247

“But unfortunately this is the real world, not some fantasy land” Winni Asuran Offspring

(edited by Krumbotor.9064)

in WvW

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

I personally haven’t experienced skill lag since season 1 (T2 NA).

If you think it is bad now… just wait till season 2, where the first 1-2 weeks will be flooded with PvE achievement hunters…. on all servers.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

It seems to have settled down; One of the major problems were those ddos attacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

It seems to have settled down; One of the major problems were those ddos attacks.

Funny that’s its settled down for you.

I’ve had the worst lag I’ve ever had in game the last 2 days. Disconnecting every 10 minutes or so, my guildmates say that my character is warping around the screen. I’m seeing everyone else warping around. But I know it’s not my connection because other games and voice comms are perfectly fine.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Wtb: Culling :S

That was actually pretty good, they just needed to raise the cap a bit

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: Jazz.1095

Jazz.1095

I’ve experienced lag & rubber banding predominantly in WvW specifically when to teams face off with 40+ per team. Voice comms no problems (and I have no other programs running) but those 4+ second delays can be a game changer. I have experienced this on both JQ & Gandara servers.

It has one benefit, and that is you know a zerg is coming for you lol

No specific times to report it’s random.

Jazz -JQ Ally