Why is Baruch bay on the EU matchup?

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.5839

aspirine.5839

I would be surprised if there is one EU player on the whole server., It’s the most boring server to fight against as a EU server.
During the EU daytime there is no-one on the server, and at night the spanish american start playing. So shouldnt this one be in the US matchup?

in WvW

Posted by: Drizzy.1268

Drizzy.1268

In before “this is a cultural thing, we eat at midnight and go to bed at 4am since we can sleep till noon as we only have to work for a bunch of hours in the afternoon blablabla”

[BNF] – Bitte Nicht Füttern
https://www.youtube.com/user/Drizzlebob

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Baruch Bay is Brazilian is it not ?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

On Desolation we have a culture of staying up late and lately this one Guild whom seems like something off of EoTM, are from different timezones.

SFR have zombies, americans, bandwagoners and Kimberlite. (Terra’s not been spotted on either Deso or SFR lately at night)

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Why? Most people from Baruch are from Spain…

PD: 2:24 am, just to prove how many spanish american play.

Attachments:

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

(edited by Ansau.7326)

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Stop being asinine. Some people don’t work from 9 to 5. Some people don’t work 5 days a week. Some people don’t work at all. Some people are students.

Additionally, it has long been known that prime time in Spain starts later than other EU countries.

in WvW

aspirine.5839

Stop being asinine. Some people don’t work from 9 to 5. Some people don’t work 5 days a week. Some people don’t work at all. Some people are students.

Additionally, it has long been known that prime time in Spain starts later than other EU countries.

All fine, but that is not what Baruch Bay is made off. Do you have any idea how boring it is to fight an completly empty server during the morning, daytime and evening? The things you described are valid for all other servers but not as much for BB. Without the US region players BB would be lowest tier, if not complete bottom.
I can only imagine these players just wanted a Spanish server only to find out they are mostly fighting nothing but doors, but since none of the US based servers have language preference they choose BB.

in WvW

Ansau.7326

All fine, but that is not what Baruch Bay is made off. Do you have any idea how boring it is to fight an completly empty server during the morning, daytime and evening? The things you described are valid for all other servers but not as much for BB. Without the US region players BB would be lowest tier, if not complete bottom.
I can only imagine these players just wanted a Spanish server only to find out they are mostly fighting nothing but doors, but since none of the US based servers have language preference they choose BB.

Youre wrong. These people are in baruch cause we paid them. Mexican army has been in baruch since the start of the game, but we manage to include argentinian and chilenean ones also. Then we recently managed to embrace to come a lot of people from different countrie. They were all playing in a dead server in NA, so the idea of baruch was quite interesting for them.

Also, you may think baruch is boring to play against, but the truth is all rest of servers are boring, full okittenward people who play during lunch and dinner and go to sleep at 10pm. What snoring lives you have!!

in WvW

aspirine.5839

Youre wrong. These people are in baruch cause we paid them. Mexican army has been in baruch since the start of the game, but we manage to include argentinian and chilenean ones also. Then we recently managed to embrace to come a lot of people from different countrie. They were all playing in a dead server in NA, so the idea of baruch was quite interesting for them.

Also, you may think baruch is boring to play against, but the truth is all rest of servers are boring, full okittenward people who play during lunch and dinner and go to sleep at 10pm. What snoring lives you have!!

Perhaps its snoring for us, but its just no fun playing against you.

Nothing to do with the topic but half you guild is abusing the golem buff bug btw. But no bug abuse is snoring too I guess?

in WvW

Ansau.7326

Perhaps its snoring for us, but its just no fun playing against you.

Nothing to do with the topic but half you guild is abusing the golem buff bug btw. But no bug abuse is snoring too I guess?

So if it’s not fun for you, don’t play, move to a much lower tier server to avoid Baruch or move to NA.
Since when you have more rights than tons of Europeans?

And about “my” guild, I’ve not been playing the game for months. In fact, I’m not even in that guild. And even if I was there, what if some members use a bug? That doesn’t make you point more valuable, since everybody is using it, so everyone is affected.

in WvW

aspirine.5839

You seem to be missing all the points. But no worries, matchup will be over soon, and here is me hoping it’s not againts BB

in WvW

Ansau.7326

What points? It’s you who doesn’t understand Baruch is full of european people, and your idea to move it to NA is nonsense.

- First because people are from Spain, so they have the right to play in EU.
-Second because that would mean to merge servers from both EU and NA, since the amount of servers have to be a multiplier of 3.
- Third because you want to move tons of people for the pride of a very few who have a problem easily fixed by moving to another server.
- Fourth because no matter what you do, Spanish people will still play at the same time. Go look and see Spanish guilds outside Baruch (siN or Core), they still play at the same time.

Just face it and embrace it. If you want to fight against Spanish people, play during our times…

in WvW

aspirine.5839

What points? It’s you who doesn’t understand Baruch is full of european people, and your idea to move it to NA is nonsense.

Because it isnt? Perhaps in pve, I cant say that of course. But since we got a mega server that does not count. I am looking at a WvW perspective. The fact a server placed 6 places lower than BB can kick the snot our of BB during the whole day untill the mexican hordes come online. And that is way passed midnigth so EU people are not online by then. That and that alone is the only reason BB is in the top ten.
So how is this an EU server again?

in WvW

Ansau.7326

Can you understand?
Most people in Baruch are from Spain. And by most I mean +90%.

Until you don’t understand this, there’s no valid point in your arguments and QQ.

in WvW

aspirine.5839

No they are not. How you are argueing against that is plain stupid. Everyone on every wvw server it’s not true. Hell even BB players I talk to in WvW say the same. How would someone who hasnt played the game in months like yourself even know anything about this server.

in WvW

Ansau.7326

Well think whatever you want, but you’re fooling yourself. I’m Spanish and I play on Baruch, like most people. Oh, and I’ve played there since the start of the game, hell I even played in Ruins of Surmia, where Spanish community was before Baruch got the Spanish flag.

Bye and have fun.

in WvW

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

Op is either trolling or he’s an idiot. BB is at least 95% Spanish any time I play. Only time I can’t corroborate that is 3.30 – 6.30 gmt. People are always mumping about BB nightcapping “Mexicans”. Never seen them. Honestly, this post should be locked. More bullkitten ignorance

in WvW

aspirine.5839

Ok so right now, 20:45 main prime time. Where are those spanish people. Whole EB and your BL is almost blue or green.

in WvW

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

There aren’t many people in Europe who speak Spanish.

in WvW

Ansau.7326

Ok so right now, 20:45 main prime time. Where are those spanish people. Whole EB and your BL is almost blue or green.

In Mos Millenium you can see Baruch played a lot during 17h and 19h. That’s the usual time for all those guilds who do raid during afternoon. Now they’re resting.

People in Spain have dinner at around 9pm-9.30pm. That’s why between 20.30 and 22.00 there’s no one.

Now, 22.33, Baruch has 20 people in EB queue, in our borderland there’s also a public commander, and the other 2 borderlands have 2 guilds doing their raids.

Europe has around 500 million people. Spain has 47 million people and more than 15 million of people around the rest of Europe know Spanish.

(edited by Ansau.7326)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

So when does that prime time after 10pm finish and if there around 10% of non-spanish players, how does the map communication work (assuming most of these players don’t speak spanish)?

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Ansau.7326

Spanish from Spain the country, not no-Spanish language speakers. +90% are spaniards if you prefer xdOther people are from south-american countries or native spanish people living in USA.

We also have had some guilds which didn’t speak spanish, like Scnd or SoW (I think they are now HoW). We mostly communicate each other in english via map chat.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Okay okay xD I took it the other way round.

So what about the end of the prime time?

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Pastafarian.1642

Pastafarian.1642

BB is not telling the truth they forgot to tell about the “siesta” at midday. Where everyone goes to sleep for an hour or so. In spain.

Not a HoT copy owner

in WvW

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Europe has around 500 million people. Spain has 47 million people and more than 15 million of people around the rest of Europe know Spanish.

Exactly my point.

He expects a full server, but there aren’t that many Spanish players in Europe to fill it. On top of that, there might be many Spanish players who don’t even play on Baruch Bay, since they might have moved to other servers for different reasons.

So, Spanish players have no problem with moving to English-speaking servers, but non-Spanish wouldn’t move to Baruch Bay. It could make sense for it to die out over time.

But then again there are 5 French and 5 German servers that somehow have enough players to fill them.

in WvW

Posted by: Drizzy.1268

Drizzy.1268

Point is:
During the day, evening and “normal eu-primetime” you have the coverage of a lower-silver-league-/upper-bronze-league-server, at best.
Thats what makes you so super boring to fight against and hence the complaints.
Yet your t1-worty latenight-/night-capping between 23pm till maybe 4am keeps you in a place where you dont belong imho.
And thats why ppl will always hate to play against BB and flame you.

[BNF] – Bitte Nicht Füttern
https://www.youtube.com/user/Drizzlebob

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

No Baruch has to stay EU hands down. These guys are hilarious, they are so deep into their PvD experience that most of them are totally surprised if they see an enemy player. Some of them even forget to press any skills at all if engaged. So no, Baruch goes nowhere, keep the free bags rolling, hasta la vista.

in WvW

Posted by: Indie.4129

Indie.4129

Because its an eu server.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

On Desolation we have a culture of staying up late and lately this one Guild whom seems like something off of EoTM, are from different timezones.

Sounds a lot like [CI], the PvD train…

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

So the opinion seems to be, now that we’ve dispelled the Mexican myth, that Spanish people play at the wrong time? Those inconsiderate kittens! What they need to do pronto, is change their whole culture to suit a few whiny GW2 players. kitten stop moaning about how other servers play and get on with it. Unless you’re Gandara or BB, you’re all a bunch of PPT, PvD kittens anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Exactly my point.

He expects a full server, but there aren’t that many Spanish players in Europe to fill it. On top of that, there might be many Spanish players who don’t even play on Baruch Bay, since they might have moved to other servers for different reasons.

So, Spanish players have no problem with moving to English-speaking servers, but non-Spanish wouldn’t move to Baruch Bay. It could make sense for it to die out over time.

But then again there are 5 French and 5 German servers that somehow have enough players to fill them.

There are 7 german servers and 5 french ones. And even if Spain has a big population inside europe, its not a big video game market.
In 2012, GW2 sold 630k copies in Europe, nearly half of them (302k) in Germany, 90k in the UK and 55k in France.

I doubt that the decision to implement a spanish client had anything to do with europe or spain but with the large US population that speaks spanish.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

aspirine.5839

So the opinion seems to be, now that we’ve dispelled the Mexican myth, that Spanish people play at the wrong time? Those inconsiderate kittens! What they need to do pronto, is change their whole culture to suit a few whiny GW2 players. kitten stop moaning about how other servers play and get on with it. Unless you’re Gandara or BB, you’re all a bunch of PPT, PvD kittens anyway.

We didnot dispell the myth, there is noway that Spanish people im my time zone play from 24:00 till 4 or 5. These people have jobs too you know. There is no weird time the Spanish play games like it’s some kind of national agreement. They play the same as the rest of europe, there is just not many of them playing.

in WvW

Ansau.7326

We didnot dispell the myth, there is noway that Spanish people im my time zone play from 24:00 till 4 or 5. These people have jobs too you know. There is no weird time the Spanish play games like it’s some kind of national agreement. They play the same as the rest of europe, there is just not many of them playing.

Well, start believing that Spaniards play during night. Not until 4 or 5, but 2 or 3 for sure. It’s not that hard when you’re used to go to clubs at such hours and go to sleep at 7-8am.

in WvW

Posted by: Belphegor.1789

Belphegor.1789

after several matches against bb it seems pretty clear to me that there are a lot of non-european but spanish-speaking ppl from all over the world that do most of the work for the bb server by hard nightcapping from 1 am to 6 am. during the whole day they are hardly able to win a single “zerg” fight (unless they don’t have the double amount of ppl, which is still sometimes very close xD) and just play with about 20 or 30 ppl until 1 am. although we are let’s say 30 k points ahead and make a huge plus during the day the whole week (it almost never happens that bb has a better tick then us during the day) all of sudden around 1 am the bb-server summons a giant army of ppl ( about 50-60 and sometimes even more) and keeps hard nightcapping every night which gave them lots of points and wins the most matchups with our server at the end. so after a certain time of wondering what’s actually going on i asked some ppl from the bb-server who told me that lots of mexicans, brazilians and spanish-speaking us citizens are doing most of this job.
so my question now: why is baruch-bay rly in the european matchup if its rly lots of non-europeans who win the matchup for this server every week by hard-nightcapping? or maybe the better question: why is it even possible to enter european servers as non-europeans and influence the real european matchups so enormously???

- to be honest you should maybe keep an eye on that because otherwise you could really start to mix all different servers from NA, EU, etc..

(edited by Belphegor.1789)

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

after several matches against bb it seems pretty clear to me that there are a lot of non-european but spanish-speaking ppl from all over the world that do most of the work for the bb server by hard nightcapping from 1 am to 6 am.

Nope. Wrong. Been on their ts. 99% of them are Spanish.

Read the thread before posting.

in WvW

Posted by: Belphegor.1789

Belphegor.1789

after several matches against bb it seems pretty clear to me that there are a lot of non-european but spanish-speaking ppl from all over the world that do most of the work for the bb server by hard nightcapping from 1 am to 6 am.

thanks for this advice but i think that lots of things have changed in the EU matchup since the last post (~8 months ago) ;-) well…i hope that your statements aren’t just based on the teamspeak flags that are displayed by single players (it can be changed easily, just check google^^) but rather hard facts.

i mean bb is the only pure national “spanish” server in the EU matchup that’s why i would expect a higher presence of ppl during the day (and maybe night) which would absolutely make sense to me. the only problem is that the extent of the amount of ppl doing the nightcapping compared to the whole day is just so extreme that i can’t imagine that “all of a sudden” spanish ppl wake up every night during the whole week.

- if i ask some ppl if this rumours are true about non-europeans doing the nightcapping job for bb and they cofirm this i believe this, at least a little bit xD (i know that they could lie to me as they are my enemies in wvw to annoy me )

nevertheless i think the amount of ppl that bb has during the night to sometimes make battlecrosses on two borders is a little bit sick – which doesn’t even happen on matchups with other top servers during the week (also international ones). so all i do is looking for an explanation based on real facts for this.

to sum it up: if it’s really the case that non-europeans do the job for bb or maybe also other servers, anet better think about doing something against this and maybe give them the opportunity to transfer the account to the continental place where they would belong to to make the EU or NA matchups fair.

-> however… if it’s the case that it’s just a giant army of european-spanish ppl during the night that wakes up after midnight to make hard ppt, forget about every single word i’ve written here

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

thanks for this advice but i think that lots of things have changed in the EU matchup since the last post (~8 months ago) ;-) well…i hope that your statements aren’t just based on the teamspeak flags that are displayed by single players (it can be changed easily, just check google^^) but rather hard facts.

i mean bb is the only pure national “spanish” server in the EU matchup that’s why i would expect a higher presence of ppl during the day (and maybe night) which would absolutely make sense to me. the only problem is that the extent of the amount of ppl doing the nightcapping compared to the whole day is just so extreme that i can’t imagine that “all of a sudden” spanish ppl wake up every night during the whole week.

- if i ask some ppl if this rumours are true about non-europeans doing the nightcapping job for bb and they cofirm this i believe this, at least a little bit xD (i know that they could lie to me as they are my enemies in wvw to annoy me )

nevertheless i think the amount of ppl that bb has during the night to sometimes make battlecrosses on two borders is a little bit sick – which doesn’t even happen on matchups with other top servers during the week (also international ones). so all i do is looking for an explanation based on real facts for this.

to sum it up: if it’s really the case that non-europeans do the job for bb or maybe also other servers, anet better think about doing something against this and maybe give them the opportunity to transfer the account to the continental place where they would belong to to make the EU or NA matchups fair.

-> however… if it’s the case that it’s just a giant army of european-spanish ppl during the night that wakes up after midnight to make hard ppt, forget about every single word i’ve written here

That might answer your question on why a spanish server is starting to play later then other EU server:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/18/world/europe/spain-land-of-10-pm-dinners-ponders-a-more-standard-time.html

in WvW

Posted by: Peazomanco.7259

Peazomanco.7259

Baruch doesn´t have such numbers after midnight.

I don´t wanna waste my and your time explaining a typical day for a spanish person, but I can tell you that if guilds play their raids from 22-00 on is for the simple reason that is when they can gather most of their players. Due to work, studying, social life, family, whatever. Most people have dinner at 21.00 pm aprox, i know in other countries that happens at 19.00.

When i end my day at job at 22.00 Yes, that hour when many european are already going to bed I end my dinner by 22.45-23.00 I just want some relief playing till a bit late.

And like me many people. Don´t blame us for having a life please. Blame us for running away from battles, for smashing doors, but not for having a different daily schedule.