Why is JQ full when is outmaned on all bls?

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

It’s very strange maby it is bugged, people dont even wait for EB queue inside the desert borderlands because our players dont tolerate well the map.
EB gets like 100 queue because guilds queue early so they dont have to wait for the 100 queue line and they stay afk until the time for raiding comes making the problem even worse.
:(
Does the queue for EB counts for the server being full?

(edited by kefro.9312)

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

It takes forever to find fights in the new bl’s. Nobody plays WvW for keep and tower lords that take ten minutes to kill, big PvE events in the center of the map, and lovely scenery that is quite appropriately “deserted.”

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Because most of JQ players stopped playing due to HoT, and it takes a while for them to open a server after players stop playing.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I speculate that JQ is the only server left in all of WvW that consistently has a queue on EBG. BG and YB both have very small queues on the rare occasion that there is even a queue. I don’t remember the last time I saw one over 30.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: TexasRanger.5107

TexasRanger.5107

conspiracy to keep JQ full so other servers can stack so JQ can ’t get new guilds in?

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

I speculate that JQ is the only server left in all of WvW that consistently has a queue on EBG. BG and YB both have very small queues on the rare occasion that there is even a queue. I don’t remember the last time I saw one over 30.

On reset night past (na prime time), BG was queuing over 100 on EB and 40 on it’s home Desert Border land, just saying. But we don’t have the coverage that we used to, so we inevitably get left in the dust at the end of the week, score wise.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

On reset night past (na prime time), BG was queuing over 100 on EB and 40 on it’s home Desert Border land, just saying. But we don’t have the coverage that we used to, so we inevitably get left in the dust at the end of the week, score wise.

Its actually more that YB has an insane commander that plays hugely long hours and will go around backcapping the BLs while JQ and BG are looking for fights on EB. YB is essentially the only server playing for PPT, both BG and JQ generally are just playing for fights cause PPT has basically become meaningless.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Its actually more that YB has an insane nolife commander that plays hugely long hours and concentrates on backcapping the BLs while BG and JQ guilds are looking for fights on EBG. JQ and BG are essentially only playing for fights now they don’t care about ppt generally.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

If you are in WvW, even if you are AFK, you are in effect participating in WvW.

And yes this will affect a world population.

If the player is botting in WvW in order to stay in WvW and not face queue when primetime starts then report them for botting.
This is all we can do.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Nobody really knows how the new server status is actually calculated, what constitutes activity, when does it update, etc etc. You had weeks where one server will just ppt at over 300-400 all week because the other 2 dont bother showing up and that server wont show full, so who the heck knows.

On BG Eb has a queue pretty consistently and it starts early, the bl’s only really have a queue on reset, and not for very long, and only 1 or 2 of em. People will just stick to eb, and wont bother leaving even to help other groups in other bl’s for fear of not being able to get their groups back in because of queues. This is a real tragedy of anets ignorance, the breakdown of server cooperation, unity, and coordination. Before HoT I used to be able to run with my guild and fight alongside all other guilds, I used to love this kind of teamwork, now…it hardly ever happens. Everyones scattered, doesnt bother to show up as much, stopped playing, or dont care about defending anything or just dont care anymore.Thanks anet….

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Wouldnt surprise me the slightest if the population is based solely on EB activity. I mean think about it. Servers should have dropped alot in population if the borders was a major part of the activity calculation. I mean they are 75% of WvW and get like 5% of the activity.

in WvW

kefro.9312

ArenaNet could put Alpine Borderlands now because we are in the winter and its lore friendly .
(I keep dreaming :P)

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

ArenaNet could put Alpine Borderlands now because we are in the winter and its lore friendly .

me too…

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

Yes… I was hoping they give them back for the wintersday event…

Wouldnt surprise me the slightest if the population is based solely on EB activity. I mean think about it. Servers should have dropped alot in population if the borders was a major part of the activity calculation. I mean they are 75% of WvW and get like 5% of the activity.

I doubt, that it is only based on EBG, i’d rather believe that everyone who joins a WvW map counts. So if your server just has a lot of PvE player that use the home BL for the crafting you are screwed… (just speculations, but would fit into typical Anet logic for me)
A lot of servers have droped from full to verry high or high.
I also think that they adjust the system sometimes. Remember that one week where all servers down to mid silver went to full at the same time? That was never ever a real calculation. At this point not a single server had the population it had before HoT when most of them have been open.

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I shall ask my ministers to investigate this matter immediately.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

You are asking why zerglings rather stay in 100man queue than go roam? I am sure brainless 11111 on a tag with fellow 100 zeglings is more fun.

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

You are asking why zerglings rather stay in 100man queue than go roam? I am sure brainless 11111 on a tag with fellow 100 zeglings is more fun.

Honestly speaking, I think it has got more to do with the maze BL more than being a zergling. Many enjoys it and many don’t. BLs being empty clearly implies that majority belongs to the latter section of the playerbase.

On topic, being an off hour (OCX-SEA) player who dislikes the new BL, JQ’s off hours outnumbers both us and BG combined atm and a huge blob runs around in EBG. Cant speak for EU-NA though.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: caljay.8720

caljay.8720

Its actually more that YB has an insane nolife commander that plays hugely long hours and concentrates on backcapping the BLs while BG and JQ guilds are looking for fights on EBG. JQ and BG are essentially only playing for fights now they don’t care about ppt generally.

You are a member of SoX are you not? And you are saying JQ guilds are only playing for fights? When both KILL and SoX would run away from eN when we were on YB, unless you had at least 2x the numbers? When was the last time SoX ever looked for fights? Probably when we last had a GvG with you guys about a year ago, one pushed you in one round, and ever since then, Capp has dodged every single request.

If you guys are interested in fights and not in PvDing in a dead tz (which why would you do that), feel free to pm me for scrims

[eN] Entröpy – Guild Leader/Driver
[oT] Ominous Threat – Reform hype inc?
OCX Rallybot

in WvW

morrolan.9608

You are a member of SoX are you not? And you are saying JQ guilds are only playing for fights? When both KILL and SoX would run away from eN when we were on YB, unless you had at least 2x the numbers? When was the last time SoX ever looked for fights? Probably when we last had a GvG with you guys about a year ago, one pushed you in one round, and ever since then, Capp has dodged every single request.

Since HOT SoX has averaged under 15 people during its raids so unless you were only running 8 or less………………….. Be that as it may I did say generally, occasionally guilds will pvp but the general attitude on JQ is to look for fights rather than ppt.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Posted by: caljay.8720

caljay.8720

Since HOT SoX has averaged under 15 people during its raids so unless you were only running 8 or less………………….. Be that as it may I did say generally, occasionally guilds will pvp but the general attitude on JQ is to look for fights rather than ppt.

Before we left t1, we were averaging about 10 yea. Even pre HoT though, SoX were never looking for fights.

Also Tobias is in eN, and SoX continually dodged TS while TS was doing wvw, and that has continued with eN.
One last point, TS is a 200 person PvX guild, there are people in there who are pure pve or pvp, they wouldnt care about gvg’s or know who the rubbish guild SoX is

[eN] Entröpy – Guild Leader/Driver
[oT] Ominous Threat – Reform hype inc?
OCX Rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Because JQ hates the bls more and the formula to determine buff is [if A+5 < b + c] give world buff Outnumbered. Basically concept and / about the right math. So if JQ has 5 people on bl, and other server has 10 and another has 15, then jQis outnumbered…
Population so small does not affect actual server pop because que is counted. Logically explained by non-dev through simple, graceful, leaps of logic that I don’t care to try and explain.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

No servers are full atm. All T1 servers are set to Very High :P

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

kefro.9312

Roaming is on EOTM not in the wvw map, so yes i rather stay in queue wile im afk waiting for the only true wvw possible map.
Im too old for mediocrity.

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

As for JQ, when the large majority of guilds are queuing for EBG rather than playing on the BLs they are not playing for ppt, this is self evident.

You sure about that? There was quite a bit of blue on the BLs earlier today.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

As for JQ, when the large majority of guilds are queuing for EBG rather than playing on the BLs they are not playing for ppt, this is self evident.

Currently ticking at 140.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Currently ticking at 140.

Match-ups are 24/7. YB was ticking at 135 last night. /shrug

All servers have PPTers and k-trainers.

in WvW

Posted by: Crazy.6029

Crazy.6029

I don’t know about all the guild drama but usually on JQ there is only a queue on EB for 1-3 hrs a day generally and just on EB that is it, occasionally there will be a map hop to DBLs in which there might be a 2 man queue for there but it doesnt last longer than a few mins here and there. I have wondered about the same thing the OP said. I would love some transparency from Anet on how this all works.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Apparently, no server is full anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

There is around a 3-4 week delay after a mass exodus if I recall properly based on when fa/SOS/YB gvg guilds went to t3. Not sure if there is that big delay when bandwagoning…. Chaba on fa had it worked out on the timing….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Sanchez.4017

Sanchez.4017

Not only JQ, wvw population has dropped steeply for all T1 servers to a point where most of time BG and JQ would contact each other to organise fights among themselves, not giving a care about that illusionary PPT. Results in having a closer bond with rival guilds of the same timezone.

Not going to insult YB or anything but I really hope that YB slowly realise how pointless PPT is in T1 because let’s be honest here, no other servers are going to break the T1 wall at this point, ever.

Bring back 3 ways fights!

Ghost Scout – You can’t kill what you can’t see.

(edited by Sanchez.4017)

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Because most of JQ players stopped playing due to HoT, and it takes a while for them to open a server after players stop playing.

this is pretty much the case for all servers.none plays since the new map. my entire guild quit and i changed servers in the hope to get a better oceanic presence, but oh well……. its dead

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Straegen.2938

What I do know is that T1 during NA Prime has some pretty epic roaming and skirmish. Last night was a blast… especially when that small JQ zerg turned to wipe our 3 man. Been a while since a small zerg chased us a short distance across a map.

Not going to insult YB or anything but I really hope that YB slowly realise how pointless PPT is in T1 because let’s be honest here, no other servers are going to break the T1 wall at this point, ever.

Bring back 3 ways fights!

YB disperses its man power over all the maps rather than concentrating it on one. They tend to get rolled by the big BG and JQ zergs which play the old style Alpine game play of map hopping with one large force to defend/attack. YB adapted and plays the way ANet likely meant WvW to be played with multiple commanders running on multiple maps rather than one unified group. YB is also doing a excellent job with the siege refreshes and keeping scouts relevant.

I do agree it ultimately doesn’t matter but as long as people enjoy the PPT game, I say go for it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

morrolan.9608

YB disperses its man power over all the maps rather than concentrating it on one. They tend to get rolled by the big BG and JQ zergs which play the old style Alpine game play of map hopping with one large force to defend/attack. YB adapted and plays the way ANet likely meant WvW to be played with multiple commanders running on multiple maps rather than one unified group.

BG and JQ have concentrated in EBG cause they largely hate the desert BL, YB are not doing anything innovative just not concentrating on EB. Guilds on BG and JQ literally don’t care that it means they lose PPT. As for winning because of multiple commanders its actually more because you have a well known pugmander running a zerg long hours backcapping objectives constantly while BG and JQ are fighting in EB.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Straegen.2938

BG and JQ have concentrated in EBG cause they largely hate the desert BL, YB are not doing anything innovative just not concentrating on EB.

I think we are saying the same thing. Just a note though that YB breaking down its singular zerg which was effective before WP changes and new BLs is actually innovating as in doing something different than typical established methods. In this case YB is likely approaching WvW as ANet intended for better or worse.

As for DK playing a lot, he definitely can and does play in long spurts but not sure what that has to do with this topic. He also goes on fairly long runs where he doesn’t play such as just after the HoT release when TW was on YB.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Liston.9708

With the score as close as it is (not that it matters) someone on JQ is doing what YB does – just at a different time of day….. Something something about those that live in glass houses…..

in WvW

morrolan.9608

As for DK playing a lot, he definitely can and does play in long spurts but not sure what that has to do with this topic. He also goes on fairly long runs where he doesn’t play such as just after the HoT release when TW was on YB.

When he doesn’t play YB don’t win.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Well, I get it. JQ and BG both have done exactly what YB is doing right now, it just…. happened 2-3 years ago. So, that’s why we’re kind of over it? It wasn’t a great time for you guys to hit T1, because we’re all very very beyond this stuff. We had amazing scouts, crazy siege placements/refreshing, siege training… you name it. Now, there’s no point. Was there ever a point? So, yeah, nothing new.

All servers being open at this point is a good thing, not because of the potential for large guilds moving around (which I don’t see happening for JQ!) but so the militia coverage can even itself out.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Myinate.1894

Myinate.1894

BG and JQ have concentrated in EBG cause they largely hate the desert BL, YB are not doing anything innovative just not concentrating on EB. Guilds on BG and JQ literally don’t care that it means they lose PPT. As for winning because of multiple commanders its actually more because you have a well known pugmander running a zerg long hours backcapping objectives constantly while BG and JQ are fighting in EB.

JQ hates the Borderlands…Yet we see SoX and Kill both spend their raid times attacking/defending borderland keeps!?

But yeah, you guys are all about the fights…well…fighting after you’ve pinned up, gathered a group that is at LEAST double the number of players YB has (30++ to deal with a 10man roaming group). Seems if you don’t have the numbers…one lost skirmish… and you run off the map, or camp siege in a keep until the map blob can back you up.

Whining about a server going for PPT when you ONLY fight with a map blob.

What confuses me is the fact that I rarely see the “Fight” servers (JQ & BG) ever fight each other in my game time.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Well, I get it. JQ and BG both have done exactly what YB is doing right now, it just…. happened 2-3 years ago. So, that’s why we’re kind of over it? It wasn’t a great time for you guys to hit T1, because we’re all very very beyond this stuff. We had amazing scouts, crazy siege placements/refreshing, siege training… you name it. Now, there’s no point. Was there ever a point? So, yeah, nothing new.

“Back in the day” T1 servers filled all the maps so the strategy was to fight it out usually blob v blob. T1 is now playing with far less population than it has ever seen. To say JQ/BG has played this version of the game before hasn’t been true for either server for a very long time if at all.

When he doesn’t play YB don’t win.

When any major guild takes a break in T1 (or any tier for that matter) their respective servers struggle to keep the PPT up. FoW and DH is particularly important for YB because their BL strategy is effective and generates a lot of PPT. Again not sure what the point is.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Since this thread has covered multiple subjects, I might as well wade in too. First, I may literally Gibb smack a scalp off the next person that say’s WvW is about bags. That’s not a selling feature as it’s about the most inefficient way of earning income in game. Nor is WvW about fights, as if that were true, the population should never had dwindled. What held the mode at such a level was a combination of all of it and especially, PPT.

WvW in it’s current state is simply being run by Zombies. Players that cared about WvW PPT’d. When some players stopped caring, they simply left the game. When other players stopped caring, they turned into these emotionally undead things that wander around the maps looking for death. Either their own or another’s…

It’s no ones fault this has happened to WvW. Though this is the state of WvW and we should ask ourselves what we need to do to care again? Because WvW will never return to it’s glory until it’s replenished with players that have heart and give a bleeping bleep.

btw… stop using cancer builds and those cancer banners while in there. We all know the things that suck the life out of the mode. So stop choosing to cheese them as you are in fact slowly killing the mode off further.

L2 Have Fun with Others….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in WvW

Cecilia.5179

When other players stopped caring, they turned into these emotionally undead things that wander around the maps looking for death. Either their own or another’s…

Is that why there’s always a mob in front of the Blue ebg keep O.O

Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

When other players stopped caring, they turned into these emotionally undead things that wander around the maps looking for death. Either their own or another’s…

Is that why there’s always a mob in front of the Blue ebg keep O.O

As one that has no life too, kitten ing in EB is mostly out of habit. And, a slight bit of hope that the mode will become good again.

Speaking of kitten ing in EB by Valley and the before mentioned cancer builds. Time to go hunting…..

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Liegence.5216

Liegence.5216

TBH, I think it’s a little unfair to blame this on the desert BL. JQ has been queuing EB and ignoring BL’s for months now. Outside of reset nights and seasons, you will rarely see more than a guild or two crossing into a BL that’s not JQBL. That’s how it’s been, that’s how it is now. This wasn’t caused by the new BL’s, they just didn’t change anything.

Anet missed an opportunity to use the new BL’s to revitalize the WvW community. They should have incentivized playing on Desert BL at least till players were trained on the new maps.

To be entirely honest, I don’t like the new maps because they’re not intuitive. And no guild is actively training anymore. All they do is bait team fights, all the while scoffing at EOTM or EB queues for being ktrains and blob vs blob.

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

JQ hates the Borderlands…Yet we see SoX and Kill both spend their raid times attacking/defending borderland keeps!?

But yeah, you guys are all about the fights…well…fighting after you’ve pinned up, gathered a group that is at LEAST double the number of players YB has (30++ to deal with a 10man roaming group). Seems if you don’t have the numbers…one lost skirmish… and you run off the map, or camp siege in a keep until the map blob can back you up.

What confuses me is the fact that I rarely see the “Fight” servers (JQ & BG) ever fight each other in my game time.

Quote for absolute undeniable truth.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

How is it that JQ/BG stayed in T1 this long if they didn’t care about PPT? Close to three years or more, as two of the top tier WvW servers, and yet are being beat by a server that’s been in T1 for what, a few months? Like what tricks/tactics did you both use to get there and stay there as long as you have, if not PPT’ing and only “Fighting”….

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Cecilia.5179

How is it that JQ/BG stayed in T1 this long if they didn’t care about PPT? Close to three years or more, as two of the top tier WvW servers, and yet are being beat by a server that’s been in T1 for what, a few months? Like what tricks/tactics did you both use to get there and stay there as long as you have, if not PPT’ing and only “Fighting”….

The gap between us and T2 has allowed us to not care about PPT. People on my server complain about YB playing for PPT and not fighting lol

#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Quote for absolute undeniable truth.

Won’t speak for Kill but its absolutely not true regarding SoX since HOT. Most of the time SoX has been running between 12 and 15, sometimes it gets up to about 20 in the last few days.

Its been clearly stated that its mainly been since HOT.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Liston.9708

The gap between us and T2 has allowed us to not care about PPT. People on my server complain about YB playing for PPT and not fighting lol

Some would say map que vs map que vs map que kittening a ton or red aoe isn’t fighting at all. Not to mention the OP banners all sides have….

Some YB and BG have found better fights in the BLs with sizable, but not queue sized blobs. Fact is, not many on YB want to pugmander EBG and only a select few would ever get the entire EBG pop on tag. Separate from the blob and you will find fights.