Why is SM waypoint contested all the time?

in WvW

Posted by: QuartzMoped.2370

QuartzMoped.2370

Trebbing SM walls from afar shouldn’t make the waypoint inaccessible, imo. Only an actual attack. Like, enemy at the gates sort of thing. Seems pointless to even have a wp there most of the time, as usually someone is taking potshots from long range.

Am I wrong?

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I would prefer a change of the teleport-block: the teleport is blocked permanent (without “port-window”) whenever a visible (not dead) enemy is inside outer walls area (inside inner walls of course as well). As soon there is not one visible enemy left port opens immediately.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

im guessing if they removed the contested from the waypoint they would have to remove contested from the keep from wall shots, meaning you could stealth treb as much as you like.

i’d rather have the wp contested than find sm riddled with holes in the walls and to be able to be capped without any warning.

yes it is annoying but it is still useful. otherwise noone would bother to buy the upgrade.

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

in WvW

Dayra.7405

I have no idea how they implemented it. And how easy it is to totally decouple it.
But the WP is always contested for any enemy, if there are swords on the keep or not.
So WP contest and Swords on the keep can be independent. And in my view should be independent

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

Would prefer if we could stealth treb, that makes things much more tactical and not zerg blobby like it is now.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Would prefer if we could stealth treb, that makes things much more tactical and not zerg blobby like it is now.

Oh. I think making swords with a treb to cover a ram/golem attack is the stealth way.
The trebs “fireballs” are easily spottable by a scout anyway.
And for that the ram/golem stealth attack the treb need to make swords.

in WvW

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

Personally, I’m starting to think that maybe they should just get rid of waypoints in the keep. Everyone keeps muttering about how zergs get around the small maps so easily, and… well, waypoints do make a small map even smaller.

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Personally, I’m starting to think that maybe they should just get rid of waypoints in the keep. Everyone keeps muttering about how zergs get around the small maps so easily, and… well, waypoints do make a small map even smaller.

I was just thinking this.

Except defense is harder than offense to begin with so this may make it even more in favor of the offense. With waypoints at least you have some hope of getting some people in quickly, bolstering your chances.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

great, having 5 trebs hit the walls while a zerg spams /sleep on the outside wont contest the objective.

yeah, thats not an actual attack. just a fake. go back to LA, nothing to see.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

They really need to to address this issue.

One single bored player shouldn’t be able to hard counter all the effort and cost of getting a waypoint by keeping it permanently locked.

There needs to be a minimum number of players (5?) hitting a structure to block the WP.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

You ask about the timer and just watch the clock above you. What’s hard about it? Any treb that can hit sm, can usually be hit with either a treb or one of the mortars in it (SM).

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Take a page from DAOC…. they got it right.

- Waypoint becomes contested when any piece of the structure hits 75% damage.
- Waypoint becomes contested when X-number of enemies (say 15 players)in the area and attacking the gate.

Using any combination of that mechanic allows some dynamics in WvW and only stops waypoint porting if a significant threat is pending. IMO you should NOT be able to port to a contested waypoint… PERIOD. Half the fun is cutting off enemies trying to get into a keep/tower to defend it.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

Am I wrong?

Yes.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

oh oh Pixiesh, just gave me a great idea → the more people you have grouped together within a certain area gives a speed debuff. Larger groups in Warfare are generally less mobile and would address the issue of a bigger zerg moving just as fast as a 5 man party. That and taking away WP’s would be great for game play. :p

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

big groups already move slower — the leaders have to periodically stop to give the stragglers time to catch up. if the leaders don’t do this, the group gets spread out.

the really good groups are able to stay together even when on the move and shouldn’t be penalized for being able to achieve this feat.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Trebbing SM walls from afar shouldn’t make the waypoint inaccessible, imo. Only an actual attack. Like, enemy at the gates sort of thing. Seems pointless to even have a wp there most of the time, as usually someone is taking potshots from long range.

Am I wrong?

Yes.

SM should be hard to hold and manage. By holding SM, having a waypoint there is a huge advantage. You can also pretty much treb most enemy structures on the map.

However the cost is that you also become a target by the other two opponents and it is very costly and difficult to defend.

Having SM’s waypoint being contested by treb fire is balanced.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

nah, I think if there’s enemy within 2000 range of the actual waypoint then it should be “contested”

being able to walk upto a gate get downed then attack the gate and contest the waypoint is just silly.

I think the lowest damage I’ve done once was 7 damage and it contested the fortified castle, that’s pretty bad.

Sincerly, Me.