Why is everyone saying that SoS will be the next HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Dorps.8610

Dorps.8610

This has had me wondering since we got the NA coverage everyone has been saying that we will go the way of HoD but i dont see that happening as most NA servers have come to realise it is pretty hard to get an aussie or sea guild to move servers so if they want the coverage they will really have to be on IoJ or SoS or one of the other top 3 servers ones that have already the offpeak NA presence

in WvW

Posted by: Awka.4593

Awka.4593

Because as long as free servers transfers are still in place people will jump on your bandwagon and flood your ques, people will eventually get pissed off at the long ques and leave your server and once that happens you might not win so much or be the dominating force you were, then all the bandwagoners will just jump to another another server that’s winning and leave yours desolate and alone. Look at Blackgate, a bunch of HoD guilds went there and now they are back in tier 1 winning the match, the bandwagoners will jump to them and I’m pretty sure those guilds that were in HoD before their fall will do the same thing and hop back down to a low pop server again once their que times become unbearable. After JQ beat out HoD, JQ got flooded with new transfers because they’re the top server. As long as free server transfers are free and on a 24-Hour cooldown with no WvW restrictions in place the top servers in each bracket will only get more transfers because the other servers are tired of losing and want to be on the winning side for a change. At least this is only my opinion based on the trend.

in WvW

Posted by: LordXy.4278

LordXy.4278

Because when you’re on top, there’s no where to go but fall down.

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I really doubt us oceanics will ever leave, thats the whole reason we got this far

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I’ve heard Blackgate is the new HoD, mainly because many HoD guilds went to BG. Though SoS is pretty strong in their own right. They got a lot of new blood.

IoJ needs more Euro and NA players to cover the weak spots in coverage. hint hint to those looking for someplace new to go

in WvW

Posted by: Northernmaster.8461

Northernmaster.8461

But they do have penalty, i read a dev said the penalty for jumping Server is no Bonuses for the remainder of the match + the next 2 week? i kinda forgot the exact details.

in WvW

Posted by: LordXy.4278

LordXy.4278

Oceanics in SoS are pretty solid so I guess in the oceanic peak times we will remain solid for a long time. But in NA, I think there are only a few solid guilds that plays on NA peak time and if they leave the server, SoS will pretty much fall back to where it is in the beginning of the launch.

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I just hope our queues stay reasonably short. I wouldn’t want the HoD nightmare of 4 hour long queues. Not really worried what tier my server is.

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Who is saying that?
SoS is not remotely old HoD.

SoS is probably going to hover on the t1/t2 cusp for a bit, as the server population matures playing in high level competition. Some of the current population on it, is used to that level of play, but much of it is not.
It certainly will not dominate t1, unless the other t1 servers fall apart on their own.

(edited by Casia.4281)

in WvW

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

The time for 3 top servers is gone. There are 5 top servers with a 6th on the way. If the other servers are caught off guard just like IoJ, they will move down the bracket. Let’s keep the past month’s bracket behavior to history’s past and move forward! And no, the guilds that moved to SoS and SoR are calling it home so chance for moving out is nearly 0% except of course the bandwagoners they picked along the way.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot