Why is it wrong to get gold in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: UHD.2634

UHD.2634

I’ve been reading on these forums, and why is it wrong to be rewarded for playing this particular game mode, especially with the next tier of armor coming?

Your Last Light-Gandara, Staff and a D/D Elementalist.
Fioravante-Fort Aspenwood, D/D Elementalist and a Warrior.

in WvW

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

being rewarded for playing wvw isnt wrong, but having these leagues was a horrible idea, that should never be repeated.
honestly they should of just gave us a mini and a finisher, and said that from the start, but i guess anet needed money so they suckered a bunch of idiots into transfering into t1 servers last minute.

in WvW

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

It’s not wrong and to be honest, we do get gold. Sure it’s a bit lower than aggressive farming in pve but even after buying a bunch of siege to donate to the commander after an hour play session I still normally walk away with a 1g. The rewards seem to mirror a normal lvl 80 zone without farming.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

“A bit lower” is an understatement.

Just casually go and kill world bosses. Push 1, afk, get rares. WvW… fight other players, spend gold upgrading/buying siege/repairing armor and get 2 greens for a rank. The armor we get in WvW from gold + badges can’t be salvaged/forged… but the easy dungeons… no gold cost, can salvage/forge.

That’s not “a bit lower” that’s more like wallstreet and WvW are the 99%.

That’s why many of us play the TP in addition to playing WvW (so we aren’t poor and can get ourselves good foods/ascended armor/etc.)

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa