Why is there massive lag in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

Q:

Since the latest update a few hours ago, lots of WvW players have been experiencing massive latency issues, something that many of them have never experienced before.

Is Arenanet aware of this, and will it be fixed?

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

(edited by Cirus.5748)

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

in the hour since this post has been up not a single other player has come to add to the thread … sounds like your ISP acting up.

AR

in WvW

Posted by: BladeWaker.9716

BladeWaker.9716

We just had this issue in BG/SoR/IoJ.

[PUGS] Vatara – Guild Leader
Probably that one D/D Elementalist
puglifechoseus.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

I been feeling the lag as well in ET BL last night while fighting kaineng invaders..

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in WvW

Posted by: Fevess.7658

Fevess.7658

The BG/SOR//IOJ 1hr + fight in SM lords room was one massive Skill Lag fest.

in WvW

Cirus.5748

in the hour since this post has been up not a single other player has come to add to the thread … sounds like your ISP acting up.

It’s a more a question directed to arenanet, hence people not answering.

In Stormbluff Isle Borderlands, there are 10+ people complaining of the exact same thing while I was there and it’s been happening for hours.

In my 4 months of WvW, I’ve never seen this before, and many people are experiencing the exact same issue. As far as I know it’s been happening to some people in Australia, New Zealand and Asia, not sure if it’s happening to Americans though.

Just to clarify, I am not talking about GPU/memory lag, I am talking about latency. The players stopping, teleporting randomly all over the place and experiencing frequent disconnects from WvW.

(edited by Cirus.5748)

in WvW

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

2 of my guildies (of 3 lol) have been DC’ing a lot in wvw after lagging out. This has never happened before as often. They are still on skype though so it isn’t their internet. In fact one uses my same fios provider.

I dc’d once tonight while running in to save a keep. I rarely dc, but have seen (since about a week or more ago) an increase in dc’s from using wp teleports.

edit: In my Keep dc though there was no wp involved.

SOR – [Boss]

in WvW

Cirus.5748

For me that lagged has stopped in SBI BL, but i still had a disconnect out of WvW from out of the blue, my internet was still connected and I was still in GW2.

I’ll post more about this is it keeps happening.

in WvW

Cirus.5748

Once again there is massive lag in Stormbluff Isle Borderlands being experienced by many players from all factions, this cannot be a coincidence.

I think it’s important that Arenanet is aware of this issue,

thanks

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

Once again there is massive lag in Stormbluff Isle Borderlands being experienced by many players from all factions, this cannot be a coincidence.

I think it’s important that Arenanet is aware of this issue,

thanks

I’ve been having a lot of lag issues when I randomly run around empty keeps etc. There is no way this is a coincidence. It’s being felt by everyone.

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Ronin.4501

Ronin.4501

Same for me. I’ve been randomly disconnected several times in an hour from the SBI borderlands, whether there are numerous players around or none at all (and it’s not the connection on my end, as I still remain in Teamspeak w/ no connectivity issues to speak of). Far more annoying is when I get stuck in the loading screen for 10-20-30 minutes as I attempt to enter the borderlands, with ALT + F4 being the only means by which to get out. (and as I am forced to run a 5-10 minute repair every time I open the GW2 client this is extremely frustrating.).

btw, I live in the eastern US, so yes it is happening here in America as well.

Ronin V/Skhaar/Vicious Blacktongue
Dog Biscuits [DOG] – Stormbluff Isle
Self-Proclaimed King of Orr – “It’s MY Island”

(edited by Ronin.4501)