Why is there no leaderboard for WxP?

in WvW

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

All in the title. Anyone else want this or am I alone?

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

Agreed and /signed.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

in WvW

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

I guess I see what you mean, but WXP is literally just a measure of how much time you’ve invested in WvW. It doesn’t really indicate anyone’s skill.

I honestly think it would just encourage even more zerging, because people would just want to jump on the WXP trains to move up the “leaderboard”

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in WvW

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

Because it doesn’t actually mean anything?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

I guess I see what you mean, but WXP is literally just a measure of how much time you’ve invested in WvW. It doesn’t really indicate anyone’s skill.

I honestly think it would just encourage even more zerging, because people would just want to jump on the WXP trains to move up the “leaderboard”

Oh you mean like the achievement leader board? Which just shows how much time spent in pve.

As far as wxp leaderboard, yes it should be listed. If anything it at least will show you who are the active particpates in wvw for each server and class.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

in WvW

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Oh you mean like the achievement leader board? Which just shows how much time spent in pve.

As far as wxp leaderboard, yes it should be listed. If anything it at least will show you who are the active particpates in wvw for each server and class.

And that is perhaps why it is not on the leaderboard.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

PvE achievement points got a leaderboard… and they don’t mean anything.

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

PvE achievement points got a leaderboard… and they don’t mean anything.

Technically it is a leaderboard for achievement points earned in PvE, PvP, and WvW combined. Having a leaderboard for WXP would be like having a leaderboard for PvP level or the number of skill points you’ve earned on a character.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Zumi.6384

The difference between the Achievements leaderboard and a WXP leaderboard is that the Achievements one doesn’t encourage undesirable play in PvP. There’s no disadvantage to showing it, if people want to grind it, they can, and no one is hurt from it.

However, if a WXP board was introduced, some people would strive to be on the top of it, and as a result would just zerg around collecting WXP instead of actually trying to play and win for their server.

They’d defend less, and small groups would be discouraged even more, which is the opposite of what they want to do. Because of that I doubt they’ll ever introduce a WXP leaderboard. That’s just how I see it.

Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

There is no WvW leaderboard because the whole mode is considered (by Anet) an extension of pve rather than pvp with its needs.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

And that is perhaps why it is not on the leaderboard.

What is wrong with knowing active particpants in wvw?

I for one am in wvw about 95% of the time when I’m online. I recently transferred to a server that needed coverage in a mid tier server about a month ago. I was looking for a pure wvw guild and realize there just not many on the server. Many claim to be wvw, but everytime I log on most are pveing and seem to refuse to do wvw.

I rather play or friend with people who have the same mind set as me.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

(edited by Jeda.5209)

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Achievement leader board is account based.

If WXP was account, I wouldn’t mind. I think I’d rather they work on other stuff though.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

I would like to see a leader board for kill against players and deaths from players as well as WXP. Then sub leader boards showing kill per death, wxp per death, and wxp per kill.

in WvW

Zumi.6384

I would like to see a leader board for kill against players and deaths from players as well as WXP. Then sub leader boards showing kill per death, wxp per death, and wxp per kill.

Same thing as my other post. Posting leaderboards of kills would promote zerging, and kills per death would promote turtling.

The more I think about it, the less I want a leaderboard like this to be released.

Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in WvW

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

What is wrong with knowing active particpants in wvw?

It wouldn’t do that, though. All it would show is who spends the most time in the zerg. People doing all the supporting work don’t get near the amount of Wxp.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Best validation right there. If it doesn’t mean kitten to you don’t look at it, but yes I would like to see who on my server is vested in their characters and to what extent.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Zumi.6384

@Omne – Not sure if you were talking to me, but if so you definitely didn’t really read my post. I wasn’t saying that I don’t want it because it doesn’t mean anything to me. I was saying it will encourage poor gameplay, bad strategy, and zerging.

Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in WvW

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

Best validation right there. If it doesn’t mean kitten to you don’t look at it, but yes I would like to see who on my server is vested in their characters and to what extent.

Like I said…it wouldn’t even do that. All it would show is, “Who has spent the most time in the zerg?”

It wouldn’t tell you anything about people doing all the other important (actually, often more important) things in WvW, because they don’t grant nearly as much WXP as the zerg.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I wish there were more player stats in general. GW2 is lacking across the board in stats.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”