Why is wvw so salty?

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Seriously everyone has been whining since the game inception. Get your kitten together and figure out what u actually want. A net has been working on the mode but think about it they have to work with a 4 year old system and build off of that.

1st off Nobody really knows what would be good for wvw. I see posts about make it more defensible!! Hmmm wouldn’t that stall fights and just kill small roaming play? Give more rewards (gonna make server stacking more) make it about k/d then people will just blob and alt f4 to work around it…..looking at u Mr m server

2nd roaming is dead (not true at all) . Literally played every tier and roaming is not dead. Hell even during evening time at teir 1 I’ve been able to solo towers.
I’ve had some good small scale fights and even seen other guilds let me be to 1v1 one dudes. Some honorable mentions of cool guy guilds that haven’t hate whispered me and totally let me be when dueling QQ,Lose, os (some of your guys are total bros)

3rd power creep balance is broken, hot killed everything. I can partially agree with power creep. We probably won’t see real build diversity until the next expac when more elite specs are introdeced. (The elite specs filled gaps in each class thus making them super strong)))
I think it’s more of the hot stat/consumable creep than anything.

4th wvwers are giant hypocrites. We cry everyone’s not running zerker and yet will run 3k armour and or damage reduction. meta builds users will cry and rage and call you broken even though they’re Cleary useing a copy paste build off of meta battle. When I loose fights I think hmm what can I do to counter this or improve my build
The only type of build I get annoyed with is a full celestial/nomads/minstrel druid or ele. They literally just. Troll builds once again it’s the stats not the class that break them.

TLTR: get ur kitten together and stop being so buthurt about everything so anet can actually know what to fix.

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

+1 Like this post.

But to be fair, the WvW population is a pack of headless chickens running around in circles trying to find corn. Everyone wants different things, everyone perceives things differently, what is the problem, the cause, the reason, etc. And everyone demands everything Right Here, Right Now.

Someone linked to what I think should be the WvW forums theme song: Queen – We Want It All

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

You know nothing John Snow.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Posted by: Sarge.9730

Sarge.9730

Forums exist for the loud minority to complain about what they feel is wrong with everything while the majority of the players just enjoy the game and never even think to look at the forums.

People don’t generally have a great night of WvW and run to the forums to tell everyone about it. They have a terrible night and then look for somewhere to vent their frustrations.

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Forums exist for the loud minority to complain about what they feel is wrong with everything while the majority of the players just enjoy the game and never even think to look at the forums.

People don’t generally have a great night of WvW and run to the forums to tell everyone about it. They have a terrible night and then look for somewhere to vent their frustrations.

So uh, why has wvw been dying? And do you feel like nothing should be said and instead anet so have just gone along business as usual like the first 3 years?

P.S before you sayed it, there were many sane constructive discussions over the years, it’s just to the point now that players realize there’s no point to do doing so anymore.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

I have solved my WvW dilema… After all this linking and relinking I finally got to the point where I don’t give a rats butt about scores period. Frankly don’t care if someone caps something since it can be capped back. What I do like to do is get a small group and just go in and take everything we can, have some fights (not blobs)… and maybe defend if it’s a T3 keep … I mean ya don’t wanna lose those wp’s!

Other than that… the folks can scream their freakin heads off for people to GET ON TAG! STUPID NOOB… and anything else they can think of.. I’ll just take my Mithril butt so wherever the wind (phew) blows and just have fun… No salt in my WvW anymore.. :P

… just call me … Tim :)

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

well then let me tell ya… I had a great night tonight… doing just what my previous message says …

… just call me … Tim :)

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Post complaining about saltiness while being salty…..

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

1st off Nobody really knows what would be good for wvw. I see posts about make it more defensible!! Hmmm wouldn’t that stall fights and just kill small roaming play? Give more rewards (gonna make server stacking more) make it about k/d then people will just blob and alt f4 to work around it…..looking at u Mr m server

That’s not really it… everyone has a plan for how to get there, but no-one knows where they’re going.

While ANet lacks a goal for how WvW should function, it’s no surprise that they are chasing shadows trying to improve it. The only thing we mostly agree on is that the original design didn’t work.

But we don’t even agree on why – personal opinion here, ANet seems to have decided it just needs more polish to make it work, while I’m convinced the foundations are broken.

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Eleazar.9478

I have solved my WvW dilema… After all this linking and relinking I finally got to the point where I don’t give a rats butt about scores period. Frankly don’t care if someone caps something since it can be capped back. What I do like to do is get a small group and just go in and take everything we can, have some fights (not blobs)… and maybe defend if it’s a T3 keep … I mean ya don’t wanna lose those wp’s!

Other than that… the folks can scream their freakin heads off for people to GET ON TAG! STUPID NOOB… and anything else they can think of.. I’ll just take my Mithril butt so wherever the wind (phew) blows and just have fun… No salt in my WvW anymore.. :P

This is what I do. There are constant constant fights at anytime of day.
However It’s crying literally every where. It’s like this perceived notion that is all going to kitten and anet is some callous company. Rofl have you tried other mmo? I think anets been pretty responsive and their posts seem more to indicate what they co do within reason. Christ if your bored of the game take a break, everyone on everything gets bored of kitten after four years

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

OP, why r u so salty about others using certain builds?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Forums are salty. WvW in game nowhere near as much.

Is WvW dead? No.

Is it dying? No.

Are there fewer people playing WvW than there used to be? I would definitely say so from my experience, and in all four tiers too, but I don’t play NA Prime so can’t speak for that.

Is WvW lacking direction at the moment? It seems so.

Is it still fun? It is for me although it varies match to match.

Will it go on being fun if it stays “as is” long term? Hard to say but with no meaningful scoring system, matchmaking or competitive element it’s hard to see how interest can be sustained over years to come. If it’s just about fighting for the sake of fighting, well, there are other games that do that a lot better.

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

If you think releasing more elite specs will improve build diversity, I don’t need to read the rest of your post.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Eleazar.9478

OP, why r u so salty about others using certain builds?

Im not i just pointed out the sustain builds that you cant kill you just kinda stare at each other, and like i said Im not blaiming the build or class its more a stat issue than anything, stats break the game thats why theyre so restricted in PvP and why they got rid of healing toughness combos cuz it stalls gameplay.

As much as I love the 4 stat combos i think they hurt the balance as its every easy to build for sustain and damage.

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Eleazar.9478

If you think releasing more elite specs will improve build diversity, I don’t need to read the rest of your post.

yes it will in fact I’ve seen alot more class diversity since hot. like every class has a niche in every game mode and theres a power/condi varient to every class, and support builds theres ones that are due better in certain areas or situations but generally lately i haven’t been seeing to much class stacking.

however anet has to make sure the next elite specs are not stronger than the hot ones otherwise its going to be the same cycle. Like for example lets the next ranger one is offensive so thus you’d have to choose between doing good deeps or bringing support with druid. (I do play quite a bit of vanilla ranger but lets face it like every other the class the elite spec is just too good not to take when your doing anything bigger than a 1v1.)

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

yes it will in fact I’ve seen alot more class diversity since hot.

Seeing a lot of vanilla mesmers running power phant are we? The only diversity is choosing between condi shatter and power (lol) shatter. This decides your third trait line, since the other two are invariably chrono and inspiration.

however anet has to make sure the next elite specs are not stronger than the hot ones otherwise its going to be the same cycle.

Of course they will be stronger or there’d be little point in buying the expansion.

Like for example lets the next ranger one is offensive so thus you’d have to choose between doing good deeps or bringing support with druid.

Yes, staff druid being known world over for having to choose between damage and tankiness.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Is it dying? No.

Are there fewer people playing WvW than there used to be? I would definitely say so from my experience, and in all four tiers too, but I don’t play NA Prime so can’t speak for that.

Is WvW lacking direction at the moment? It seems so.

Is it still fun? It is for me although it varies match to match.

I don’t know how people can say this with a straight face. Obviously it’s dying, it’s obvious it has way less players than even 6 months ago, nevermind what it was before hot or at release. They’ve had to fold the servers in half with links to get it back to pre hot level, and even now it feels like it could use another fold.

Please stop trying to hide that fact, call it like it is.

People come in here to complain because the current format will not sustain itself, and there’s barely anything to get new players into the game mode. While some of you might see a lot of qq and salt, a lot of changes that made it into the game were born from these forums.

A loud minority may be in here, but at least there’s someone to say something, than the other silent half that just packed their bags and left never to come back to the game.

Why is wvw so salty?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

It wont because the actual one will be nerfed or the new ones will be even more OP that no one want to runs the old stuff, its like they avoid armor progression but they do it on specs being released by increasing the power creep.

Besides the next release should not be a elite spec… just some new wepaon and its respective trait.
Anet should have learned that they dont know how to design clesses that fit pvp, pve and WvW w/o gimmicks that are easy to reproduce, so an elite spec should be out of order.

*sorry my bad english.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)