Why isn't this a thing yet?

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Let players talk to the Heroics Notary to swap stats on ascended gear (armor, weapons, and accessories) in exchange for badges and proofs.

Since WvW players are “encouraged” to play the other 2 game modes to earn the ascended gear, this could be our unique thing to draw the PvE/PvP players into WvW. If they absolutely hate WvW they can still grind out individual sets in their respective game modes instead of stat swapping.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Oh yes pl0x. I always wanted more pve peoplez here.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Sounds an awful lot like crafting stations in alpine bl.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

How? In what possible way does adding something to an already existing wvw vendor, with currency you already earn in wvw, sound like having crafting stations in the alpine bl?

LGN

(edited by Jim Hunter.6821)

in WvW

Jacion.6302

How? In what possible way does adding something to an already existing wvw vendor, with currency you already earn in wvw, sound like having crafting stations in the alpine bl?

“unique thing to draw the PvE/PvP players into WvW”

Your idea will only be utilized by WvWers and not PvE players, it will not drive people to WvW to actually play and “like” crafting stations in WvW will be a option void of increasing any meaningful participation in the game mode by people who prefer another game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Your idea will only be utilized by WvWers and not PvE players, it will not drive people to WvW to actually play….

Wouldn’t they have to play to earn the required currency? If they chose to buy from the TP instead, it would increase the income for wvw players who sell their own.

I don’t have any sense of how much of a draw this would be, but I don’t see any harm in it either. Might even be a net improvement.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Your idea will only be utilized by WvWers and not PvE players, it will not drive people to WvW to actually play and “like” crafting stations in WvW will be a option void of increasing any meaningful participation in the game mode by people who prefer another game mode.

That argument makes no sense. People will need to play to earn badges and proofs, otherwise they would have no reason to talk to the vendors.

LGN

in WvW

Jacion.6302

That argument makes no sense. People will need to play to earn badges and proofs, otherwise they would have no reason to talk to the vendors.

Yes, which means no one from PvE will use the vendor

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

That’s not the point really. It would be something nice for WvW players and then has the benefit of MAYBE drawing new people to WvW for maybe a cheaper way to change their gear.

That’s what you call a, win win.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Okay….. So who the kitten cares if they don’t? Maybe go back and re read the original post, I feel like you really aren’t getting the idea.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

where exactly do I go to find out how many badges and proofs I have?

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Wallet.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

It might be more practical to add a box that when opened allows you to choose an exotic inscription or insignia. The other items are easy to get (5 ecto and anthology of heros) from within wvw. They would probably want to price it steep to prevent pve material prices from crashing though. Probably 200 heroic things, 200 badges and 2g. Could probably also add infusion extractors into provisioner.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

It might be more practical to add a box that when opened allows you to choose an exotic inscription or insignia. The other items are easy to get (5 ecto and anthology of heros) from within wvw. They would probably want to price it steep to prevent pve material prices from crashing though. Probably 200 heroic things, 200 badges and 2g. Could probably also add infusion extractors into provisioner.

If they really want to keep the extra step for armor and weapons I can live with that.
The 5 ecto/anthology doesn’t do anything for accessories though, and I swear it feels like the same 4 rings drop over and over again with zero chance of getting anything else. It would be nice to be able to turn a few of those red rings of death into something like marauder or commander rings.

LGN

in WvW

Justine.6351

If they really want to keep the extra step for armor and weapons I can live with that.
The 5 ecto/anthology doesn’t do anything for accessories though, and I swear it feels like the same 4 rings drop over and over again with zero chance of getting anything else. It would be nice to be able to turn a few of those red rings of death into something like marauder or commander rings.

Well for trinkets just get new ones with reward tracks.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Which reward track gives ascended trinkets? I’ve been doing hero weapon track (mainly for siege lols) for so long I’ve forgotten!

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Justine.6351

Which reward track gives ascended trinkets? I’ve been doing hero weapon track (mainly for siege lols) for so long I’ve forgotten!

Need to have HoT and unlock the LS 3 map reward tracks. Bloodstone Fen, Ember Bay and Bitterfrost Frontier.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I thought they gave 50 of the map material? Or did i miss something? Will check later. thanks.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Jacion.6302

Okay….. So who the kitten cares if they don’t? Maybe go back and re read the original post, I feel like you really aren’t getting the idea.

Your words, not mine

in WvW

Justine.6351

I thought they gave 50 of the map material? Or did i miss something? Will check later. thanks.

They give map materials, you then go to a merchant on those maps and buy, no gimick involved.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Your words, not mine

Okay I really have no kittening clue what argument you are trying to make. This is something that would benefit wvw players. If it encourages pve players to start playing wvw, cool. But that’s not the end goal of this idea, I really don’t give a kitten if they come or not, this is a good change for wvw players no matter what pve players do.

LGN

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

The reward tracks on their own don’t really cut it. They don’t provide enough unbound magic. To get enough for just a back piece you need to complete the reward track something like 15 times. Your talking months for a full set, and then if a balance patch comes along that nerfs your build you are just sol.

This change would bring back the freedom to experiment with different builds. Remember how nice it was when they finally allowed us to swap stats on weapons and armor? You could finally convert all that random magi kitten to something useful.
How nice would it be to go thorough your storage and change all those duplicate rings and amulets to something else so you could experiment with new builds on a whim?

LGN

in WvW

Jacion.6302

Your words, not mine

Okay I really have no kittening clue what argument you are trying to make. This is something that would benefit wvw players. If it encourages pve players to start playing wvw, cool. But that’s not the end goal of this idea, I really don’t give a kitten if they come or not, this is a good change for wvw players no matter what pve players do.

I agree and don’t debate the benefits for core wvw but please understand in your initial post literally the whole 2nd paragraph is a call to how this idea will drive pve players to wvw. So you understand I am saying you are wrong in that regard and you can put emphasis on the main idea (first paragraph) the benefits to WvWers all you want and I will agree with you on that.

in WvW

Justine.6351

The reward tracks on their own don’t really cut it. They don’t provide enough unbound magic. To get enough for just a back piece you need to complete the reward track something like 15 times. Your talking months for a full set, and then if a balance patch comes along that nerfs your build you are just sol.

This change would bring back the freedom to experiment with different builds. Remember how nice it was when they finally allowed us to swap stats on weapons and armor? You could finally convert all that random magi kitten to something useful.
How nice would it be to go thorough your storage and change all those duplicate rings and amulets to something else so you could experiment with new builds on a whim?

You can get more magic by consuming any excess map materials.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Your words, not mine

I agree and don’t debate the benefits for core wvw but please understand in your initial post literally the whole 2nd paragraph is a call to how this idea will drive pve players to wvw. So you understand I am saying you are wrong in that regard and you can put emphasis on the main idea (first paragraph) the benefits to WvWers all you want and I will agree with you on that.

The “whole 2nd paragraph” was literally 2 sentences, and in the second sentence I said, " If they absolutely hate WvW they can still grind out individual sets in their respective game modes instead of stat swapping." Which is basically saying what I’ve repeatedly responded to you, I don’t give a kitten if they come or not.

Also, you think having the ability to easily stat swap gear won’t be appealing to some PvE players? Just because it doesn’t force them to play the game mode doesn’t mean it won’t entice some of them. If nothing else they might come to WvW to upgrade some of their old accessories and then end up enjoying the game mode and sticking around.

LGN

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

So it’s slightly faster, maybe something like 10 tracks for a back piece. That still comes out to months for a full set unless you have no job/no life, and still doesn’t change the fact that at the very next balance patch all that work can be made useless.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

They should add a scribe station in WvW.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Justine.6351

So it’s slightly faster, maybe something like 10 tracks for a back piece. That still comes out to months for a full set unless you have no job/no life, and still doesn’t change the fact that at the very next balance patch all that work can be made useless.

No…More like 6. I mean atleast try to do some math.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

If you do the bloodstone fen reward track with reward track boost you can get half a reward track in an evening or at least 1/3rd of it assuming this is your main game mode. After 3 days you will have some unbound magic and 50 rubies, last I checked this is faster than PvE and a lot more enjoyable to boot…well…maybe.

There is also an item you can buy for 100 unbound magic to change the stats of the back, amulet and rings.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Buy the Magic Gathering tools from many of the heart vendors on the new maps. All those nodes that almost everyone stops for? You get magic form that. Before you know it, you’ll have more magic than you know what to do with.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.