Why no WvW Armor skins?

Why no WvW Armor skins?

in WvW

Posted by: Westpalm.7462

Westpalm.7462

I enjoy all aspects of this game, PvE, sPvP and WvW so this isn’t a post bashing one or the other. I was just curious as to why there isn’t more armor / weapon skins for WvW? There’s quite a few skins for PvE players who do dungeons, most look amazing, and same thing for the sPvP. Has there been any reasoning given for this?

I would love to spend my karma and badges on stuff like skins. I have loads of siege equipment so my badges are just kinda stacking up, mostly just been using them to buy extra gear to try out some wonky specs.

[PHZE] Blountstown – Necro
Coralsprings – Thief

Why no WvW Armor skins?

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Because Anet had it in their heads that sPvP would take off as an esport, which of course it didn’t, but that’s where all their development time and energy went prior to the launch of the game.

They had no idea that WvW would be as popular as it is, although for a variety of reasons it seems to be losing something lately. The good, solid comments and suggestions we players have given Anet have largely been ignored and even now our chief dev is telling us this stuff is going to take time.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Why no WvW Armor skins?

in WvW

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

WvW use PvE skin (actually using PvE armor), so ?

WvW skin = PvE skin. If you mean WvW need a new set armor skin which obtainable from doing WvW activity (BoH), yes (but it still count as PvE armor).

while sPvP/tPvP does not use PvE skin (note:not the model). You can’t export your PvE armor to PvP armor (unless it is stated otherwise > skin which you buy from gemstore or special merchant). Which is why PvP has its own different set of skin.

(edited by deviller.9135)

Why no WvW Armor skins?

in WvW

Posted by: Westpalm.7462

Westpalm.7462

WvW use PvE skin (actually using PvE armor), so ?

WvW skin = PvE skin. If you mean WvW need a new set armor skin which obtainable from doing WvW activity (BoH), yes (but it still count as PvE armor).

while sPvP/tPvP does not use PvE skin (note:not the model). You can’t export your PvE armor to PvP armor (unless it is stated otherwise > skin which you buy from gemstore or special merchant). Which is why PvP has its own different set of skin.

I understand how it works, I was more curious as to why there aren’t more options which could be obtainable from WvW rewards. They put in a few, however, the skins they placed in are no where near the detail of PvE or sPvP options. Would be nice if the armor skins from places like CoF were available from WvW awards. It would be even nicer if there were as many WvW exclusive skins as there are for PvE.

[PHZE] Blountstown – Necro
Coralsprings – Thief

Why no WvW Armor skins?

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

It was stated somewhere in one of the dev responses recently that armor skins take quite abit of development time so they aren’t focusing of that.

Whether or not that’s true, I’m not sure..(you figure they could at least make 1 armor set in 1 year….), but that was their response. I’d look for the response, but I’m at work haha

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Why no WvW Armor skins?

in WvW

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

It was stated somewhere in one of the dev responses recently that armor skins take quite abit of development time so they aren’t focusing of that.

Whether or not that’s true, I’m not sure..(you figure they could at least make 1 armor set in 1 year….), but that was their response. I’d look for the response, but I’m at work haha

Well technically they do have 1 armour set, so year 1 is covered :P

As to the time it takes, look at the problems CURRENT armour has with clipping/cutting/hiding/not actually being where they should. If there was just 1 race, this wouldn’t be as much of an issue, its the kitten giants/midgets/cats!