Why no ban for the Maguuma Pip Farmer?

in WvW

Posted by: quagganzilla.6450

quagganzilla.6450

There is a Maguuma player who has been reported many times bu a lot of people and Anet is yet to take action and I was curious why?
They have a Maguuma account with 30k AP that farms an alt on SoS by jumping up a wall near DBL red spawn and killing their alt repeatedly.
They even named the alt a smart aleck name about farming so it’s obvious and they whisper you about it if you kill them.

in WvW

Posted by: Nevaahe.6308

Nevaahe.6308

I mean, as long as they are not playing both accounts at the exact same time, I don’t see how it is against the ToS. They aren’t really affecting much except a slot in queue, so I almost see no issue here.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Seems like a lot of work to avoid a little bit of work <<

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Mag’s KDR outlier mystery solved? Say it ain’t so!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

LetoII.3782

I can’t imagine he manages any significant count doing it by hand like that.
So much easier just to actually participate

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I’m sure they are just overwhelmed with all the reports about Maguuma players. That server as some seriously toxic players among the high skilled ones.

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

While I would love to see a form of punishment for such behaviour, Anet will never make it happen.

Instead a countermeasure could be some sort of limit on how many times you can kill the same enemy in a span of time, without killing anyone else.

I completely agree that what he is doing is lame and scummy.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

LetoII.3782

And inefficient

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I mean, as long as they are not playing both accounts at the exact same time, I don’t see how it is against the ToS. They aren’t really affecting much except a slot in queue, so I almost see no issue here.

They are playing both accounts at the same time. That seems like the least of the issues, though.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I don’t understand these sorts of posts when getting pips is so incredibly easy. I don’t understand why someone would run two accounts to farm pips for the exact same reason.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Sviel.7493

I don’t understand these sorts of posts when getting pips is so incredibly easy. I don’t understand why someone would run two accounts to farm pips for the exact same reason.

According to them, they play Diablo 3 at the same time.

They take a few camps to get T6 participation, then play D3 and check in every 10 minutes or so to stop decay. When necessary, they take another camp or kill some passersby to boost participation up again.

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

According to them, they play Diablo 3 at the same time.

They take a few camps to get T6 participation, then play D3 and check in every 10 minutes or so to stop decay. When necessary, they take another camp or kill some passersby to boost participation up again.

Makes sense to play a grindy loot game that can literally be played with a macro (1 hand maybe), and then have another game that requires minimal effort as well.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Nevaahe.6308

They are playing both accounts at the same time. That seems like the least of the issues, though.

Well, I multi-box and have 3 to 4 accounts logged on at the same time, that isn’t against the rules. Using a single keyb/mouse or a macro do use skills at the same time is however. This is what I meant. So assuming they aren’t actually using skills on both accounts at the same time, I don’t see an issue per se.

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

It’s simply not against the rules.

Do something within the game’s mechanics about it, if it rustles your jimmies to the degree that you feel you must post about it.

……which apparently it does.

in WvW

Sviel.7493

Do something within the game’s mechanics about it, if it rustles your jimmies to the degree that you feel you must post about it.

I was quite curious about this. Sometimes, people say things are true without actually knowing, but I thought I’d give you the benefit of the doubt.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

Since there are two characters that are not participating, this behavior is a violation.

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Clearly their KDR isn’t high enough from farming lower servers so they need to make it look even higher :-)

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Not that I care but I’m pretty sure using an alt account to farm in WvW is against the rules.

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

I was quite curious about this. Sometimes, people say things are true without actually knowing, but I thought I’d give you the benefit of the doubt.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

Since there are two characters that are not participating, this behavior is a violation.

No…you’re not understanding the context of that snippet. And I won’t give you the benefit of the doubt, because it’s clear you don’t understand what you’re quoting. That which you quote is in reference to PVP, not WvW (and there IS a distinction despite players vs players). Where a single person has a large influence on the outcome of a match.

Nice try.

(edited by Firebaall.5127)

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

This isn’t anything really new. When they introduced buffed loot/loot on OS and PPK there were entire guilds in mag (that were also reported a lot) which camped alts in OS to farm kills/bags/ppt.

I’m not really sure how this type of larger-scale behavior could be fixed, but it’s not exactly anything new.

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

This isn’t anything really new. When they introduced buffed loot/loot on OS and PPK there were entire guilds in mag (that were also reported a lot) which camped alts in OS to farm kills/bags/ppt.

I’m not really sure how this type of larger-scale behavior could be fixed, but it’s not exactly anything new.

It certainly wasn’t just Maguma. Not by any stretch of the imagination. If you actually look up some of the videos of this, it was entire servers in 3-way collusion doing this, and Anet saying it was fine.

So, a single guy running his alted-multiboxed accounts to kitten kills is certainly ok.

Again, if you have a problem with him doing so…..go kill the alt or main. It’s in your power to do so. That’s way less effort that posting here about it.

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

It certainly wasn’t just Maguma. Not by any stretch of the imagination. If you actually look up some of the videos of this, it was entire servers in 3-way collusion doing this, and Anet saying it was fine.

So, a single guy running his alted-multiboxed accounts to kitten kills is certainly ok.

Again, if you have a problem with him doing so…..go kill the alt or main. It’s in your power to do so. That’s way less effort that posting here about it.

Fair enough. There was a lot of tier shuffling at the time and I didn’t see anyone in my server’s other matchups doing it, but I won’t claim this was one-sided.

My point still being that these things usually don’t get the attention they deserve and such moves have been made by people for a long time.

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

Fair enough. There was a lot of tier shuffling at the time and I didn’t see anyone in my server’s other matchups doing it, but I won’t claim this was one-sided.

My point still being that these things usually don’t get the attention they deserve and such moves have been made by people for a long time.

Not only is it “fair enough”, but precedent was clearly set that WvW is exempt from what you quoted. This happend When T1 servers worked together against a single server to overthrow them. You can’t apply stipulations meant for PvP to include WvW.

Now, if Anet wants to step in and say “dont’ do this”, that’s their prerogative. However, as stated above (and in other threads about this), it’s entirely within the complainant’s ability to mitigate if they so choose to.

in WvW

Sviel.7493

Clearly, I’m not going to convince you, but your insistence that WvW is not PvP earned a double eyebrow raise. Kudos~

If this was happening in OS, I wouldn’t care. Do note that participation can’t be gained in OS, so it wouldn’t work there anyway.

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

Clearly, I’m not going to convince you, but your insistence that WvW is not PvP earned a double eyebrow raise. Kudos~

If this was happening in OS, I wouldn’t care. Do note that participation can’t be gained in OS, so it wouldn’t work there anyway.

WvW has a PvP element. Nobody is contesting that. It is player vs player.

You quoted terms that specifically addressed PVP as it relates to the other game mode. To try and deflect this, is disingenuous at best. Again….nice try.1

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

If you actually look up some of the videos of this, it was entire servers in 3-way collusion doing this, and Anet saying it was fine.

Wait what? Anet disabled loot bags in the OS in addition to moving the spawn points far away from each other.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

If you actually look up some of the videos of this, it was entire servers in 3-way collusion doing this, and Anet saying it was fine.

Wait what? Anet disabled loot bags in the OS in addition to moving the spawn points far away from each other.

Making changes to the core game mechanic didn’t fault the player. Go run in OS and kill yourself over and over again. You might not find it as rewarding as it used to be, but you’ll find it A OK, just as before.

Also….does it still credit a kill? Because that’s what they were doing it for.

(edited by Firebaall.5127)

in WvW

Sviel.7493

Kills in OS do not count for PPK.

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

A lot of those doing it weren’t farming PPK. It was for the loot and player kill title. If the loot was removed, I’m curious about the kill credit for the individual player’s title progression.

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

Kills in OS do not count for PPK.

Correct in that they do not currently. Like the loot negation, this too was changed.

My point wasn’t about WvW issues being ignored entirely, but rather this kind of behavior is nothing new and that these types of things need to be considered in advance during design before pushing out implementations.

in WvW

Sviel.7493

I didn’t mean that in response to what you said. I just meant to give some info I thought was missing. Anyway, I agree with you.

That said, I’m not sure how they could deal with this specific situation in advance. No matter what the system is, there will be a way to abuse it—in WvW at least.

in WvW

Posted by: SnowPumpkin.1809

SnowPumpkin.1809

I highly doubt it’s just one server and one person doing this. It seems like a bigger issue that needs to be addressed.

in WvW

Sviel.7493

It’s definitely a more widespread issue than I previously thought.

I was able to confirm with Anet that botting is the correct reporting category—despite the offense not involving botting. But despite the multiple reports and the fact that I catch this guy red-handed without going out of my way, nothing has been done. If they wanted to stop him, they could. So, if they’re not going to worry about it, it’s fairly pointless for any of us to worry about it.

It’s probably asking too much from the folks that advocate abusing known bugs in their very own WvW tutorial videos.

in WvW

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

lol. Maybe he couldn’t get into squad? Or doesn’t like TS? Maybe this is his way of “participating” in defiance of rigid squad entry requirements. Don’t really see too much of an issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Keviin Snow.5760

Keviin Snow.5760

check out my server , people afk for hours , either using macro or using something to hold 1 to farm pips

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Does this really ruin your day OP?

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

I think theres something about that in the ToS about match manipulation. And since enemy kills give War Score, even a tiny bit, it is still blatant match manipulation.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

OK Mag can move up or down whenever it wishes. Do you really, and I mean really, think this would actually change anything? This is one player doing what he does. Are you really bent out of shape that much or think his/her actions are going to affect a score that is, at best, arbitrary since the manual glicko adjustments?

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

OK Mag can move up or down whenever it wishes. Do you really, and I mean really, think this would actually change anything? This is one player doing what he does. Are you really bent out of shape that much or think his/her actions are going to affect a score that is, at best, arbitrary since the manual glicko adjustments?

Match manipulation is match manipulation. And since the loudmouth Mag players love throwing out their server’s KD/R left and right, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is happening elsewhere in other maps often.

Regardless, your argument advocating the ignoring of these actions is silly and shows a state of thinking that is unhealthy for this game mode. Its like saying that a big box store makes $100k a day, so why should the employees get bent out of shape if a cashier pockets $50 bucks from the till every day…

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Nevaahe.6308

I am pretty sure they implemented a 5 minute rule on killing the same player(s) over/over when it came to scoring, quite awhile back. So I don’t think this would affect KDR.