Why repair costs? And why random mobs!?

in WvW

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

As the title suggests, plain and simple, why are there repair costs? There aren’t any in PvP. Unavoidable situations when you’re just strolling along and get mopped up by a group of 10+ people really shouldn’t ping you with a 2 silver penalty. I understand it in PvE which is painfully easy regardless of where you go, but yea, so a reason as to why it is would be good :]

Also, random mobs, why. There are no hearts, no reason to fight them, it’s like trying to get through Mt Moon and you’re drowning in Zubats. Clever as he was an engineer got away by bogging me down in a butt tonne of krait, who each have the most most annoying amounts of stuns and immobilises. He did well yes but it begs the question why are they there? Funny enough I didn’t go to WvW to fight random mobs, something you do in PvE, I went to WvW to fight PEOPLE.

/end rant.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Becouse www w/o living things roaming around would be dull. Thats not pvp map, thats world pvp map with objectives that involves pve. IF repair cost bother you, i got nothing more to say.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

As the title suggests, plain and simple, why are there repair costs? There aren’t any in PvP.

/end rant.

There aren’t loot and gold rewards in sPvP, either. Simply WvW’ing should pay for your repair costs.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

so they can apply PVE balance to WvW and say GG?

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

and whats wrong with that ?

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

and whats wrong with that ?

everything is wrong with that…

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

I agree about the PvE mob CC abilities, that should not be there. Period.

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

in WvW

Posted by: LameTerror.4032

LameTerror.4032

Random mobs because WvW’ers should be able to get daily kill variety too.

Game Of Elements – Elementalist
WBC – Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

NPCS use more cc abilities than most players I come across. It is a bit ridiculous

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

NPCS use more cc abilities than most players I come across. It is a bit ridiculous

Especially mid lake lately, constant stun fest :$

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

You have to remember that there is lore in this game, and these battlegrounds were once used in history. We are fighting in the mists, which allows you to travel through time and space. Creatures would have been alive back then and just as much an annoyance.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Becouse www w/o living things roaming around would be dull. Thats not pvp map, thats world pvp map with objectives that involves pve. IF repair cost bother you, i got nothing more to say.

Then don’t let any mobs aggro anyone unless they attack those mobs.

There is no reason for mobs to randomly start attacking players… e.g. Why would a bear attack 30 ppl that are not interested in killing it? I don’t mind the mobs being there to make the world more “alive”, but the aggro seems unnecessary to me.

It doesn’t bother me so much though.

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in WvW

Dolan.3071

As the title suggests, plain and simple, why are there repair costs? There aren’t any in PvP.

/end rant.

There aren’t loot and gold rewards in sPvP, either. Simply WvW’ing should pay for your repair costs.

There’s very little gold rewards in WvW, I’m probably doing it wrong but more often than not WvW is just a gold sink as I try to evenly exchange it for badges of honour.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

1,you can easy cover food buff and repair costs with the current drop rate
2. mobs are good for daily

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: REAL.7483

REAL.7483

Because when they launched WvW i bet they thought it would be a casual thing, so it has much from PvE. But no, it is not for casuals anymore, most WvW players do 95% of WvW so they should change some things.

1 – Put mobs friendly, so they are still in the environment but don´t slow people or cause random swords.

2- Can´t really complain about repair costs, the amount of gold one makes in WvW is more than enough. But we should definitely have a system like sPvP where you can switch to an alt and try it at max lvl without grinding PvE….

Dolyaks in Disguise [DD] ~ Seafarer’s Rest Server

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

If you aren’t rolling in gold in wvw now, you’re doing it wrong.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Please share how you avoid WvWvW being a giant money sink for you. And I’m being serious. Do you upgrade camps, towers, keeps and the sort?

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

Please share how you avoid WvWvW being a giant money sink for you. And I’m being serious. Do you upgrade camps, towers, keeps and the sort?

Watch my videos. Anet fairies drop loot bags at my feet.

in WvW

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Honestly I prefer having the random mobs everywhere. As a Guardian I have to target mobs to use my blinks skills (super lame, but I work with what I got) when traveling, engaging if I can’t target a PC, or making a quick escape. Also in solo / small group situations using the NPCs around you to your advantage is just another tactic of PVP itself. You’re utilizing the environment around you to your advantage. Also armor costs when you die will hopefully make you learn to be more aware of your surroundings / map awareness if you keep running into large groups of people.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Watch my videos. Anet fairies drop loot bags at my feet.

So in essence you kill stuff and get lucky? Two lines worth of an answer would’ve sufficed ( because I’m probably never going to watch the videos, nothing against you, its just not something I tend to do).

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

luck has nothing to do with it. I haven’t seen a yellow in weeks. Have only seen 1 exotic ever. You just get mountains upon mountains of vendor garbage and end up with 1-2g in your pocket.

Which is like 50-100+ deaths, which if you’re dying that often in 2-3 hours you’re doing something horribly wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

I get multiple Rares a day and rarely get Exotics, it seems fine to me.

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

Ya, not really bragging here. I have been making tons since the loot change. I assumed all the guilds in the top tiers were.

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

The random mobs are fun to pull with you into a fight. Other than that, they are a minor annoyance at best…like when you are fighting a player and you pull a Moa or whatever while fighting them…it’s annoying.

Repair costs? I never ever worry about those.

TC

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Why should you only break even or make a small profit from wvw? Why shouldn’t you get the same 2g/hr+ that you get from pve?

And no, the mobs aren’t fun. It isn’t fun downing someone with a bit of health left just to have them finish off a mob that got caught in all the aoe and pop up with half health while you’re sitting on nothing. That’s just plain bad game design.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: chandrawib.5489

chandrawib.5489

I can make 1-2 gold a day in wvw,, sometimes even more eventhough i have to repair my gear multiple times. The rewards you get from capping camps, towers, are more than enough to cover repairs. And the mobs there are lvl 80, they often drop ~1silver worth items to sell on TP. I usually vendor every blues and greens when my bags are full and get ~20silver. Or sometimes i save up the greens and throw them to the mystic forge to get rares. And now with the drop rates increased …… ^^ woot woot ^^

Keira Skywalker [TFH]

in WvW

Dolan.3071

You poor WvW’ers… How on earth will you guys ever get legendaries if you consider that making good money. But nonetheless WvW is clearly not for raking in gold.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Why should you only break even or make a small profit from wvw? Why shouldn’t you get the same 2g/hr+ that you get from pve?

And no, the mobs aren’t fun. It isn’t fun downing someone with a bit of health left just to have them finish off a mob that got caught in all the aoe and pop up with half health while you’re sitting on nothing. That’s just plain bad game design.

Bad game design in your eyes.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

So you’re telling me you get 2 gold an hour from exploring and having fun in PvE?

NO. No you don’t. You get 2 gold an hour from no-life grinding CoF. That’s not fun. That’s not interesting. That’s not exciting. No one cares about comparisons of gold rates from no-life CoF farming to wvw. That makes no sense and is pointless to do.

in WvW

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

I don’t suffer from any of the issues the OP describes.

- I make plenty of gold in WvW
- Repairs costs aren’t an issue. Just how often do you die?
- Mobs add an extra dimension to fights and provide more loot

Not seeing a problem here.

in WvW

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I agree with the no repair cost thing but as for the mobs, as a thief, I kinda depend on those to stealth when fighting other thieves so, I have no qualms about them. Of course, the needs of the few do not outweigh the needs of the many-_-

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in WvW

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

As the title suggests, plain and simple, why are there repair costs? There aren’t any in PvP. Unavoidable situations when you’re just strolling along and get mopped up by a group of 10+ people really shouldn’t ping you with a 2 silver penalty. I understand it in PvE which is painfully easy regardless of where you go, but yea, so a reason as to why it is would be good :]

Also, random mobs, why. There are no hearts, no reason to fight them, it’s like trying to get through Mt Moon and you’re drowning in Zubats. Clever as he was an engineer got away by bogging me down in a butt tonne of krait, who each have the most most annoying amounts of stuns and immobilises. He did well yes but it begs the question why are they there? Funny enough I didn’t go to WvW to fight random mobs, something you do in PvE, I went to WvW to fight PEOPLE.

/end rant.

The game is already ridiculously easy / casual, you don’t even have to pay to port back to the waypoint, yet apparently that isn’t enough…

They should turn on ‘real PvP’ mode for a week where there is player looting, XP penalties and corpse runs.

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

So you’re telling me you get 2 gold an hour from exploring and having fun in PvE?

NO. No you don’t. You get 2 gold an hour from no-life grinding CoF. That’s not fun. That’s not interesting. That’s not exciting. No one cares about comparisons of gold rates from no-life CoF farming to wvw. That makes no sense and is pointless to do.

Uh I’m pretty sure you get a hell of a lot more than 2 gold/hr doing real farming. I purposefully picked a low number that could be easily achieved with non hardcore pve.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

in WvW

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

I like money as much as the next guy, but I think that the repair costs are good. I think that there should be some sort of penalty for dying; it gives fighting to stay alive more meaning in my opinion and gives more reasons for people to run away. I want a game where people have to choose whether to fight or run, not just suiciding because there is no consequence.

As for random mobs, I think that they are important too. WvW is as much about situational and environmental awareness as it is about actual combat skills. Maybe you shouldn’t try and duel someone inside a pack of coyotes or krait. Maybe if they’re about to go down, you should try to get rid of the low-health mobs. If they’re downed already and trying to finish off a mob, consider stomping them instead of spamming AoE damage. Mobs force people to think about their fights in WvW. If you remove that, I think that you’d be removing one of the great aspects of WvW. Please, if you want to fight in a vacuum where combat skills are the only important thing, look into trying sPvP; it provides a much more contained environment for fighting free of repair costs and NPC distractions.

in WvW

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

I like money as much as the next guy, but I think that the repair costs are good. I think that there should be some sort of penalty for dying; it gives fighting to stay alive more meaning in my opinion and gives more reasons for people to run away. I want a game where people have to choose whether to fight or run, not just suiciding because there is no consequence.

As for random mobs, I think that they are important too. WvW is as much about situational and environmental awareness as it is about actual combat skills. Maybe you shouldn’t try and duel someone inside a pack of coyotes or krait. Maybe if they’re about to go down, you should try to get rid of the low-health mobs. If they’re downed already and trying to finish off a mob, consider stomping them instead of spamming AoE damage. Mobs force people to think about their fights in WvW. If you remove that, I think that you’d be removing one of the great aspects of WvW. Please, if you want to fight in a vacuum where combat skills are the only important thing, look into trying sPvP; it provides a much more contained environment for fighting free of repair costs and NPC distractions.

I agree a 100% and i will even add to this.

The mobs are there to make it harder to sneak around unnoticed if you are in a large zerg and it becomes a trade off.

Stay on the road where you are visible or risk making your ZERG spread out through the slow downs making it easier to stop you, but that is only if they spot you.
There is a risk in every thing and all part of how you plan to move.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

in WvW

Posted by: Qwyksylver Vyqtunos.6312

Qwyksylver Vyqtunos.6312

Ok as a preface let me just say that I am totally new to wvwvw I started yesterday, since then I have died uncountable times, repaired uncountable times and I still have 3g more than when I started. The repair costs don’t bother me at all nor is it incentive to stay alive. My incentive to stay alive is not dying and that’s it. In approximately 5 hours of wvw i’ve found one rare and a heap of greens and blues as well as some mid level crafting mats

Raagar Deathclaw-Necromancer | Korgin Shadowmind-Mesmer

Circle of Legends [BOLD]

in WvW

Posted by: Helamintur.8641

Helamintur.8641

Mobs I am fine with, WvW has little incentive as is, so drops are a great idea, but I have to agree with the OP, there is no point to repair from every death in pvp. It could remove the death durability drop, and make standard durability drop off combat damage over a series of time, because realistically speaking, if you die, you don’t care about your gear being broken because your dead, this is a game, and running to the repair bot to pay money for getting steamrolled by a zerg makes people less likely to play in WvW when they are losing, and we end up sitting around staring at grass growing with no one to fight sometimes.

Light may be faster than darkness, but darkness is always there waiting for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Mobs are there to help thieves so they have always a static target they could use c&d on. But hey they consider wvw as pve so…Tbh i think they added them just for the lulz, cos they look c00l.
I’m fine with repair costs tbh, i always run with a small party and i rarely die. Ofc happens sometimes cos we aren’t always able to avoid zergs but i have no problem with that.