Why should I pay?

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Dear Anet,

I want the Anet personnel to take this post seriously as its not a troll attempt or flame bait.

Given these facts:
The game is designed to greatly encourages zerg play.
The server I am on often has < 5 people per battleground . (Not at the wee hours either but during the day and evening hours.)
The gaming experience for me is running around alone or with all other players (yes all three of us…I’m not kidding.) Then when a group of 40 shows up its run away if I can.
So the game is “Hide from the zerg”.
I didn’t think this was the game I purchased.
Am I delusional about my expectations? Let’s see…

Looking at this page:
https://welcome.guildwars2.com/en/welcome/livingworld?cid=32:1::::NA:14::&gclid=CMSG_bP518ICFepaMgod328Aug

“I WILL PERFORM
MIGHTY DEEDS
WORTHY OF SONG”

I ran away and lived 50 times in one day..doo dee da…Catchy tune?

“I WILL DOMINATE
THE BATTLEFIELD”

Hmmm? I dominately ran away! Doo da dee….

You did ask:

MY IDEA OF A GOOD TIME INVOLVES…

A.) Some siege weaponry and 50 of my closest friends.
B.) Writing another chapter in the epic saga I call my life.
C.) Crushing evil wherever it pops up.
D.) Checking out what lies around that next corner.
E.) A friendly duel to the death against a team of equally matched opponents.

None of these seem to apply but I do especially like E. And as far as C goes. I didn’t know I was the evil one cause I sure do get crushed.

Also “How will I leave my mark?” – As a bloody stain on the bottom of a zergs boots.

So jusging by the advertising screen I point to above you have failed on a promise to deliver an enjoyable game. Further to add insult to your customers…it is as if you are saying: “Sorry we caused the situation you find yourself in…but now you have to pay more to transfer to have the experience we promised.”.

Give me one reason how this is my fault and why I should be obligated to pay for a transfer. Really if I am going to pay money how do I know I won’t be doing it again and again….all …not my fault. If there was a lemon law for software it might apply here.

Thanks

P.S. I am sure your first instinct is to delete this post and warn me of a violation.
Be warned: If you do delete this post I have copied the text locally and will send it by snail mail. The implication is that you are cleansing your message boards to hide customer dissatisfaction.

(edited by Skeletor.9360)

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Welcome to GW2.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

Red Bull doesnt give you wings either.

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

You could have shortened your thread by a lot by saying what server you chose.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Just transfer to a tier with servers that are relatively balanced. Your experience will be much better. Players serious about WvW have all pretty much consolidated to the T1 and T2 servers, on the NA side at least. Doing so will save you a whole lot of hassle, complaining and waiting for things to change on your server or Anet to facilitate changes which make things more balanced.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

So the game is “Hide from the zerg”.
I didn’t think this was the game I purchased.
Am I delusional about my expectations?.

This made me laugh cuz I’m sure alot of people bought Guild Wars 2 for…. GUILD WARS! or atleast some sort of improvement on the GW1 guild halls and stuff anyway and not just scrapped all together.

Reminds me of the people who bought D3, got mad it wasn’t the D2 devs work and ended up buying Torchlight 2 Instead lol

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Sounds to me that you just got outplayed. Enemy moved their troops better and you lost fight. Next time make zerg and fight 40 vs 40.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Sounds to me that you just got outplayed. Enemy moved their troops better and you lost fight. Next time make zerg and fight 40 vs 40.

“Make zerg” spoken like a real T1 player… Seriously I’m lucky if I can make a full party outside of EB on my server.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

This is why I have only used in-game gold for transfers. I’ve done this, to be with guildmates and friends, five times since Oct. 2012. It’s never broken my in-game bank, and I’m almost exclusively a WvW player. I don’t even do dungeon speed runs, and am behind a few chapters in Living Story.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Just transfer to a tier with servers that are relatively balanced. Your experience will be much better. Players serious about WvW have all pretty much consolidated to the T1 and T2 servers, on the NA side at least. Doing so will save you a whole lot of hassle, complaining and waiting for things to change on your server or Anet to facilitate changes which make things more balanced.

I love how mega blob servers keep saying that they are more serious or more skilled when it is simply untrue.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Well the issue that I am seeing is that it is in ANet’s short-term interest to make you pay to move. I don’t know if they see the longterm detriment to their bottom line however.

I have moved around more than once looking for a better W3 experience. I found it a time or two, but it often is for a short duration. The sweet spot for me is T2. Big, but not too big. The problem for ANet, longterm, is that there are a large number who won’t pay to move. They will stay until where they are is boring, and then quit the game completely. ANet is betting on the fact that there aren’t any other games out that compete in this market right now. The issue is that if they don’t do something soon it won’t matter for many players, they will jump on anything that comes out.

Every player that leaves is one less player to buy gems, any expansion that might come out, and yes, pay to move. They really should give a free transfer option annually that allows player to change their server experience once per year. As long as that move isn’t to T1, or maybe even exclude T2 as well, I don’t see that destroying the game.

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

How to have a rewarding experience at GW2 WvW:

1. Find a guild
2. Now, find a guild with 3-4 people who actively enjoy doing WvW and every aspect of it, rather than just zerging
3. Set times to play that everyone will be online
4. Log into another server’s borderland
5. Look at the map
6. Using a VoIP server, explain to your new-found, WvW-loving guildies, that you see an enemy camp with your name on it
7. Using the terrain, sneak over to enemy camp
8. Explain with force, to the guards, why the camp is now yours
9. Look at the map
10. Find another camp, or even a tower that now has your name on it
11. Go take said tower or camp
12. Look at the map
13. Notice of anything you’ve taken has been “flipped”
14. If yes, then move to another Borderland, then repeat steps 5 thru 12
15. If no, then then repeat steps 5 thru 12

Pro-Tips:
- Have a group leader who watches the map and assigns targets for the group
- Have said leader “call targets”, or target the most dangerous of any other small group you run across, so that dangerous target is killed first
- Check Metabattle.com for “Roaming” builds, and build your class accordingly
- Use foods and oils
- Treat it as a “raid” or “dungeon” night and enjoy the experience

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

1. Find a guild
2. Now, find a guild with 3-4 people who actively enjoy doing WvW and every aspect of it, rather than just zerging
5. Look at the map
6. Using a VoIP server, explain to your new-found, WvW-loving guildies, that you see an enemy camp with your name on it
9. Look at the map
12. Look at the map

Pro-Tips:
- Have said leader “call targets”, or target the most dangerous of any other small group you run across, so that dangerous target is killed first
- Use foods and oils

Why not play PvE? Playing in silverwastes is more fun than cap empty camps.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: DemonforLife.8546

DemonforLife.8546

1. Find a guild
5. Look at the map
9. Look at the map
12. Look at the map

Pro-Tips:
- Use foods and oils

not all groups do PPT, i solo roam and i could care less for PPT i flip camps well used to before white swords removal to get some people to get me, i love outnumbered fights they keep you on edge ( despise that most people i fight now can’t do kitten to save themselves or run a cheesy condi build and /laugh when you run) but now i run around for an hour lucky to find a single roamer else its a 5+ man group or a zerg

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Back to the point. We shouldnt have to pay to switch to another server to have the gaming experience that we expected. Not having the same experiece as others I can understand. but we shouldnt have to pay to move.

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Just transfer to a tier with servers that are relatively balanced. Your experience will be much better.

Until they collapse at random and shuffle to the bottom where you have to transfer again to escape!

The gift that keeps on GIVING!

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

i dont think we will ever have population balance for wvw or decent coverage or be able to play with who we want as long as people need to pay this much to find there place in wvw

anet needs to take a different approach now that there is mega servers
because the only people paying to swap servers now is wvw players

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

Just transfer to a tier with servers that are relatively balanced. Your experience will be much better.

Until they collapse at random and shuffle to the bottom where you have to transfer again to escape!

The gift that keeps on GIVING!

ya there is nothing worse than when guilds decide to leave your wvw to move to another server ….
that happened to me and i just stopped playing for a (long time) till my server picked up again

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

Heres a radical idea… let us buy transfers with karma!

Not that it rly has to cost any at all and the gem cost is only a small barrier anyway but most likely to cause ill-will towards our lords and masters.

It seems to me transfer costs mainly punish causals who, not playing wvw, is the preferred option when the server is losing. These are the same players we are trying to get backing into the maps.

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Isredel.4302

Isredel.4302

ANet is betting on the fact that there aren’t any other games out that compete in this market right now.

You mean other than Planetside 2 and soon Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade?

Viktor Rageclaw: Seaimpin na Cu, (Officer)
Gaiscioch Social Gaming Community http://www.gaiscioch.com/

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

I love how mega blob servers keep saying that they are more serious or more skilled when it is simply untrue.

It’s just a matter of player concentration, that’s all. In the higher tiers, you have a higher amount of people who are focused heavily or exclusively on WvW compared to the lower ones. There’s a lot more going on literally 24/7 on these servers and the fights are sometimes non-stop. The players on these servers, for that reason, are much more likely to be more experienced than players who play on servers where there’s huge coverage gaps or a lower concentration of players generally.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

It’s just a matter of player concentration, that’s all. In the higher tiers, you have a higher amount of people who are focused heavily or exclusively on WvW compared to the lower ones. There’s a lot more going on literally 24/7 on these servers and the fights are sometimes non-stop. The players on these servers, for that reason, are much more likely to be more experienced than players who play on servers where there’s huge coverage gaps or a lower concentration of players generally.

I am afraid that you’re only party correct. There is certainly a higher number of skilled people in higher tiers, but it has nothing to do with gaps in coverage or concentration of players. It has to do with the fact that T1 is the happy place to be. No one who is on T1 and has been on the same server since launch is T1 material who wouldn’t have been T1 material on a different server. (In other words if Player A has the time, dedication, and skill to play at a highly skilled level, then he would be a highly skilled player whether he started on Eredon Terrace, or BlackGate. But eventually he would transfer to BlackGate because of server populations/centralized area of other skilled players.)

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Skeletor.9360

Well still have no heard any official word why Anet thinks there is justification for my money to switch because of thier failure….I am waiting.

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Well still have no heard any official word why Anet thinks there is justification for my money to switch because of thier failure….I am waiting.

To switch from which server? Did you ever say?

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Skeletor.9360

It does not matter what server I am on. Why do you ask?

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Krustydog.3072

Krustydog.3072

You could have shortened your thread by a lot by saying what server you chose.

I’m guessing Sorrows Furnace cause SoR and Kaineng been slugging it out all day and that leaves them as the other bottom tier server. Been a fun day with plenty of action.

SoR FTW

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

You’ll be waiting a long time. Anet is under no contractual obligation to provide you with a free transfer. If you were keen on WvW from the get go, I wonder why you failed to put in the effort to find a server more suitable to your needs?

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

I wonder why you failed to put in the effort to find a server more suitable to your needs?

Servers ebb and flow, how can you predict which one serves your needs? Ive been on HOD from day one, where we were unbeatable, until the wvw guild. decided to implode. My guild started out with no interest in wvw, and has now grown to be a recognized player on reset night. But HOD matchups have still given me reason to wish I was being matched against better suited servers. I won’t leave this server, but I still think people should not have to pay to find a better gaming experience.

Why should I pay?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I have personally paid for many transfers. I have never been on a low tier server, but have some experience with T4 and T5 from CD days. For myself and what I want to do in W3 I find T2 is the right spot. I did the T1 stuff…twice, and it was okay, but a bit too blobby for me. T4 and T5 was too desolate. T3 is okay, but T2 has the right balance….for ME.

The issue arises when people just blindly move without finding out what the tier they are moving to has to offer. Some move to T1, because bigger is better right? They then find that they cannot stand that style of gameplay. Each experience is going to be different, and all I can say to you is that if you hate what’s going on in whatever tier you are in atm then move, but do your homework first.