Why start new content before WvW season ENDS?

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Come on!

It’s hard enough to get pve’ers in to WvW, you give us nothing to draw the achievement hunters except those which can be had very quickly, leaving our numbers decimated after 1-3 weeks into the season.

Why overlap your new pve content with our WvW season?

You couldn’t wait 10 more days???

I call foul!

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Wizzey.7845

Wizzey.7845

To be honest, I doubt the PvEers would want to WvW after the last 2 months anyways. They are probably bored of it. I’d rather have more people playing the game in general than having a higher percentage in WvW any day.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

All the PvE achievment hunters problably left WvW by now… They demand new content, and Anet need to give it to them.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Most PvE players completed their achievements the first or second week. All you see now are WvW players and those PvE players that regularly play WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Come on!

It’s hard enough to get pve’ers in to WvW, you give us nothing to draw the achievement hunters except those which can be had very quickly, leaving our numbers decimated after 1-3 weeks into the season.

Why overlap your new pve content with our WvW season?

You couldn’t wait 10 more days???

Or reduce this godawful season by 2 weeks.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: shocking.3269

shocking.3269

As said most pve’rs aren’t even in WvW. Won’t bother me, I’m in WvW for the fights and can always do this new PvE content after Season 2 ends.

Savajj Blayde Lvl 80 Thief
Hrafn Skaarsgard Lvl 80 Healadin Guard
Beastgate – 2vs1? Who cares! We are just here for the fight! ;)

in WvW

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

The only real issue with getting PvE’ers into WvW is lack of reward.

I do both WvW and PvE regularly (considering I’m a casual player). Considering that WvW is an “80” zone, you cannot even come CLOSE to reward in WvW compared to Cursed Shore. One hour in WvW will net me maybe 1g if I salvage/sell everything, whereas with the spawn times of events/champs in CS, I can easily net close to what I was making on the FGS champ train.

I really noticed this disparity last night, as I had been spending a lot of time in CS after the patch. Then last night I wanted to WvW for a while, so I spent probably 1.5 hours in there. About 27 spikes later, with a few greens and one rare item, I was shocked at just how bad/unbalanced the rewards are in WvW. Yes, I had fun, but people who PvE want PvE rewards out of their time.

TL;DR: unless you provide a rewarding time, PvE’ers will never go “all in” to WvW.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

It isn’t new content really. Most of it is Recycled content.

in WvW

Posted by: shocking.3269

shocking.3269

WvWers don’t WvW for rewards, they do it for the fight.

Savajj Blayde Lvl 80 Thief
Hrafn Skaarsgard Lvl 80 Healadin Guard
Beastgate – 2vs1? Who cares! We are just here for the fight! ;)

in WvW

Posted by: Flyphish.6398

Flyphish.6398

WvWers don’t WvW for rewards, they do it for the fight.

Correction. They do it for the zerg. Anytime a good fight presents itself they tuck tail and run.

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

As mainly a WvW player now,I do not care for rewards.I do not care for achievements.And I do not care for pve content.I wish WvW was its own game.To be loved by its own dev’s.

But it is what it is.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

As mainly a WvW player now,I do not care for rewards.I do not care for achievements.And I do not care for pve content.I wish WvW was its own game.To be loved by its own dev’s.

But it is what it is.

There’s only so much you could do to WvW to keep it balanced and fair. Stop repeating the same phrase in every WvW topic. What do you want, Air Ships to drop infantry in enemy garrison’s lord room? Go play some Battlefield 4 then…

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.9641

Shadow.9641

I don´t think, that the excitement of the festival will last long, cause the redesign is … nah … nvm (not just my opinion, also in the most mapchats I saw yesterday). The excessive farming of the first time isn´t possible, so after a few days all achievements will be done and everything will get in the pre-festival status soon

Big Heimdal
Pikeneer

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

I don’t care about the rewards… I care about server pride… and I never run from a fight even when I know I will lose because of numbers. A fight is a fight no matter how long it lasts and if I can get one or two down before I am mobbed then great… it doesn’t cost to repair my armor anymore.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Anet should have really delayed this content patch until after the WvW Season. They really screwed WvW all over again.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

I am pretty sure S2 was over around week 3-4, except for a few hundred impervious tryhards on every server…The long and short of it is that WvW has been back to normal on pretty much all tiers for at least 3-4 weeks…ANET apparently takes leagues about as serious as 80% of the player-base, which is not very serious at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

But it is what it is.

There’s only so much you could do to WvW to keep it balanced and fair.

But Anet has tried none of it.

Even worse, they have introduced mechanics that have exacerbated the natural imbalance.

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

it’s my understanding that WvW season 2 was originally going to be only 7 weeks, but then it got extended to 9 weeks.

the new PvE content has probably been planned for a long time, and ArenaNet probably doesn’t want to push it out 2 weeks because that would push other things out as well, which would push other things, and before you know it we’re celebrating Halloween in November.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

it’s my understanding that WvW season 2 was originally going to be only 7 weeks, but then it got extended to 9 weeks.

the new PvE content has probably been planned for a long time, and ArenaNet probably doesn’t want to push it out 2 weeks because that would push other things out as well,

That would make it worse considering the WvW season was mainly filler in between the living story updates. There was no reason to make it 9 weeks if the living story was going to come back after 7.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Be thankful it’s just recycled old content, until Living World Season 2 begins it won’t hurt PvX populations like Desolation.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

It shows how many kittens they care in case it wasn’t painfully obvious.

in WvW

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I think at this point, since the nerf hammer has hit everything, WvW is the only thing I am remotely interested in. I spent about1 hour trying out some of the “new” (coughrecyclebutnerfedtooblivioncough) content. That was enough for me. I hope that many others decide it’s not worth it as well and treck on back to help out their servers. From the looks of things in the forums, that’s probably happening already.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

It’s a slap in the face to all WvW players. This happened last year too. The last 7.5 weeks in WvW now feel like they have been wasted. it’s obvious WvW is 2nd class.

Bad planning.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

atheria.2837

To be honest, I doubt the PvEers would want to WvW after the last 2 months anyways. They are probably bored of it. I’d rather have more people playing the game in general than having a higher percentage in WvW any day.

Want? With nothing “else” to do, it’s our job to interest them, not anet’s.

I’ve made over 250 gold in 7.5 weeks in WvW – it’s lucrative, it’s fun, and you play with some of the best players and worst trolls in the game on your own side…

Many I know spend 4-6-14 hours a day in WvW – but it’s not enough because we need coverage and training, not mindless zerging and panic calls at those times when each map holds far too few.

Map calls btw, that are now public knowledge – like nothing in fantasy or fact would happen if a war broke out between three entities – and the megaserver that lays us bare before our enemies is highly unfair and just a bit more than ridiculous. Megaserver was a bad idea in light of the needs of WvW.

Strategy is what WvW should be more about rather than pew-pew-pew, jump like in PvE, where, btw, Rangers are rockers with halos who can stand in a champions glow and laugh, but never in WvW.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

This was really, really horrible timing for some servers. We were somehow pulling to first place in our current matchup slowly despite being drastically outnumbered the majority of time. We were somehow holding our own and it looked like we might actually pull it off. They release this crap, and BAM, both the other 2 servers pull way ahead of us in less than a day and we have so few people on now we can’t even hold a single tower. Now we’re in 3rd. Way to bend us over and stick it up our rears Anet. Horrible, horrible timing to release the pve stuff. You couldn’t have waited 2 more weeks? Sheesh. And yeah, totally agree with the guy above me. Megaserver screwed wvw. Where do we do map calls now? the enemy can see what we say if we call for help in LA or wherever now. Brilliant idea.

in WvW

atheria.2837

This was really, really horrible timing for some servers. We were somehow pulling to first place in our current matchup slowly despite being drastically outnumbered the majority of time. We were somehow holding our own and it looked like we might actually pull it off. They release this crap, and BAM, both the other 2 servers pull way ahead of us in less than a day and we have so few people on now we can’t even hold a single tower. Now we’re in 3rd. Way to bend us over and stick it up our rears Anet. Horrible, horrible timing to release the pve stuff. You couldn’t have waited 2 more weeks? Sheesh. And yeah, totally agree with the guy above me. Megaserver screwed wvw. Where do we do map calls now? the enemy can see what we say if we call for help in LA or wherever now. Brilliant idea.

After one day I have about half of the achievements needed for this “new patch” and I am disappointed they didn’t bother to put any into WvW or any thought into what PvE patches do to servers, large and small, and their populations who see the “candy” of achievements and go into a feeding frenzy for one-three days and then are bored again until the next patch because they were far too simple to accomplish.

Sad that Anet isn’t understanding WvW at all and that just one person assigned to WvW to keep it going and updated is not working, not for Anet and not for the players who know its many flaws and lack of draw to the PvE/PvP communities.

in WvW

atheria.2837

I think at this point, since the nerf hammer has hit everything, WvW is the only thing I am remotely interested in. I spent about1 hour trying out some of the “new” (coughrecyclebutnerfedtooblivioncough) content. That was enough for me. I hope that many others decide it’s not worth it as well and treck on back to help out their servers. From the looks of things in the forums, that’s probably happening already.

I agree!

I do so little PvE and almost, NOW, next to no pvp, because I want the same people to be there every day and to get to know them and learn from them…

I think Anet needs to elevate WvW as a priority and stop focusing all of their attention, time, money and energy on PvP and a bit of PvE that can be gone through in less than a day if one really tries hard enough.

in WvW

atheria.2837

It shows how many kittens they care in case it wasn’t painfully obvious.

The cared so little that they nerfed the pavilion yet again with no viscious claws, buffed insanely NPCs who do more damage than ever before, and this one really gets me – no magic find NPC like in theh original.

I had so much fun at the pavilion last time but it wasn’t vieing for the people at the same time as the flying Walenda ships that aren’t fun, hard to understand, harder to find its “rules” and is just a mess for finding crystals, like maybe 1/5 or less to find and that’s just ridiculous.

The Pavilion had the most success of any PvE patch and they didn’t restore it, they killed it.

WvW needed love, not this.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Pretty silly of the OP to think that any decision maker at ANet even knows that WvW exists.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

atheria.2837

Pretty silly of the OP to think that any decision maker at ANet even knows that WvW exists.

Truer words were never spoken.

I can’t think of one single thing that has been done to improve WvW.

The “new” map doesn’t contribute to the score and is one long karma/gold train led by one or two commanders at any given time.

Those of us with disorientation from the map being sideways and no rails to keep one from falling is a real issue that this game isn’t taking into account.

WvW is the real end game of Guild Wars 2 – but it’s being treated like a total stranger.

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

To answer the OP:

Because WvW season was only a distraction for EU and NA until they release the game in China.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Aly Cat.9415

Aly Cat.9415

To say that one server has fallen behind due to new content makes no sense because all of the other servers have the same new content.

That, and as already has been pointed out, PvEers were probably done in WvW, or sticking to EotM. That map exists to appeal to the PvErs that WvWers complain about so if WvWers are even more dissatisfied they should probably be careful for what they wish for. People criticize PvEers when they are there, then complain when they aren’t there.

Also, if you care about WvW scores and don’t like EotM, then what’s the problem?

You said yourself, it doesn’t count toward the score. Stick to WvW. Let the karma farmers do what they gotta do.

Not a single thing has been done for WvW?

Really?

First they added the rank system and the progression people requested. Then they finally came around and made it account bound like we wanted. You may not like the things they do, but they can’t please everyone, and it’s silly to think they are expressly out to hurt the game or ignore players.

It’s one game among many, not some mandatory service over which they have a monopoly and can afford to alienate customers.

As for the pavilion, which is a bit off topic, they did go overboard nerfing rewards, but it was not their most successful update. A lot of people participated, not because it was fun engaging content, it was just a mindless farm fest that hurt the game’s economy. And really, it makes even less sense to complain about karma trains in EotM since the pavilion was pretty much the same thing in terms of fast easy rewards.