Why won't people care about bloodlust?

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

+30 all stats for every member on your side across 4 maps. Enemy loses their bonus. Takes 2 players to capture 3 ruins. Nobody gives a **** even when I say it on chat. Tier 1 server, reset night.

Discuss.

edit
Jade Sea is now 500 points ahead of their competition because they got level 2 bloodlust. What a joke.

(edited by Zenith.6403)

in WvW

Posted by: The Pied Piper.9827

The Pied Piper.9827

Have you tried this on a T1 server with 2 people? I have and I get met with 5-10 players from the other team back capping us the whole time. When they catch up they just roll right over us.

in WvW

Zenith.6403

Actually no team got the bloodlust on one of the borderlands. I held 2 ruins for about 10 minutes before I just gave up since nobody bothered to capture the third ruin. It was full map with queue and all.

in WvW

The Pied Piper.9827

Was this during the tournament or after? I have seen alot less Ruin capping since it ended. To me bloodlust is not important during off season play. I could be out with my guild capping something that will actually reward me.

If they can add some form of reward (something worthwhile) to capping bloodlust, and actually make it an objective that the servers will fight over, I think it would be worth it.

I think that’s what ANet was going for when they added it. Having big fights over bloodlust, but it did not turn out that way.

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Extra stats don’t matter to the zerg, more bodies is all they need. It’s only relevant to roamers who want the extra advantage along with their guard stacks, sigil stacks, food, etc.

in WvW

Zenith.6403

Happening just now. I understand that there’s no personal gain for capturing those ruins, but I thought that at least in the highest tier people would think of their team more. Those stats can and will make difference in blob vs. blob and skirmish battles alike.

Compare:
Ascended armor gives 90 points of stats.
Bloodlust gives 180 points of stats.

So getting bloodlust is comparable to giving everyone armor two grades above ascended.

in WvW

The Pied Piper.9827

There are many days when its hard enough to get people to scout, much less try and keep bloodlust capped on 3 maps.

I believe it all comes down to rewards. Most people are not going to give up a chance to get rewards(wxp, chest, karma) for guaranteed nothing. That is why so many people are flockign to EoTM, bags drop like candy there instead of having to work for them. At the least there needs to be wxp rewarded for capping/defended the ruins.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I rewarded a few players whom grabbed BL with 2g each. Money talks

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

If they don’t give WvW xp, then they shouldn’t be part of WvW, basically.

I can kill a sentry, or fix a wall. I can even treb a wall down and expect to get some minor reward as a sign that “I am taking part in WvW”, but if I take a ruin, even at great cost and with organising another player or more to assist, I get nothing and that feels bad.

Its an easy fix and one that should have been put in long ago – add the WvW xp.

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Theres a really simple way to show people its worthwhile. You show them how it affects the score. In week 2 of season 2 JQ was put up against Maguuma and Dragronbrand. Both knew from past experience, they don’t have the off hour numbers to match so they tried to focus fire JQ down on reset and try to bunker down and protect each other as the NA players went to bed. JQ had a sub-200 tick for most of the night, but JQ also had all three bloodlusts pretty much all night, which also means Mag/DB had none. JQ saw this + the constant double headed attacks on its structures and instead of caring about PPT (also partially because JQ knew its off hours would win it anyway), JQ just sat in its ridiculously holey keeps and farmed bags all night. I distinctly remember running back and forth from south to north bay as DB and Mag kept running back on Mag BL. We lost the total ppt race for the few hours after reset, but we lead the entire night in score solely from stomps.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Bloodlust is rewarding to the overall ppt but its not rewarding for the player who normally go for it. Also, the server with more player will have it more often then the server who only have roamer out during a low period.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

(edited by Ulion.5476)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

It makes a difference in score, but is only rewarding when there’s other people playing bloodlust with and against you. Great for solo roamers looking for fights, if people gave a kitten

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

Because the lake and quaggens were better and should return .

Instead of making more of the map used the design concentrated everything into a small area i.e the centaur and skritt area which are generally totally ignored on borderlands .

For me I would like the lake returned and the bloodlust nodes spaced around the map more .

At present the nodes are a bore and an eyesore.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

As some people already said, people mostly care about them during the tournaments. Also, upon introduction of the ruins the stats were +50, +100 and +150. So if one world held all 3 ruins, they received a substantial bonus stat amount.

in WvW

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

People wont do what you want when you want. Very sad

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Is this a serious question? Who wants to spend their time standing still when there are good fights to be had? All for some lame stat increase? Are you kidding me?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

The bloodlust is ignored because the points gained are not shown anywhere.

About 30% of matchup points come from dolyaks, sentries and stomps. These sources deserve more visibility.

Suggestion

The guild(s) which captured bloodlust or sentries/camp/tower/keep are rewarded by influence for every point gained for the server.

For example:
If a guild captures bloodlust, and then there are 100 stomps before the buff is lost, give the guild 100 influence.

If 20 players representing 20 different guilds capture Stonemist, and the castle is held for 10 point tallys and 15 dolyaks reach it, give each guild (10*35+15*3)/20 influence.

List the guilds which contributed to the server’s points on:

• GW2 Leaderboards
  • Guild/WvW API for external sites
  • In-game monument in the Citadel showing the last matchup’s top 5 guilds
Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

The guild history page could list the influence gained by WvW effort on daily or weekly basis.

One downside is that holding a structure would be very profitable to the guild which captured it and no profit to any guild defending it later on.

Attachments:

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

If they had just left the quaggan and krait alone in their lake instead of committing genocide against them to install the ruins, none of this would be a problem. A player could do the quaggan events solo if they wanted.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Its mostly down to rewards. I did capture this stuff quite frequently in the past. But WvW is not rewarding as it is so going about doing the things that are not personally rewarding at all is just a joke. For a while I tried to get a balance between zerging/running with guilds and roaming to contribute the small objectives, but you just end up broke and having a bad taste in your mouth…

The other thing is, there are alot of people out there who lack the confidence and/or skills and knowledge to roam and to potentially take on multiple enemies solo. In NA I would say the large majority of players have little to no experience in solo roaming. As someone who has solo roamed in the past its common place to run into the same people over and over again and rare to run into someone whom I haven’t fought before.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

People want to have fun playing games, not run around in circles and wait for minutes to capture some circle only to lose it to superior numbers who are attracted by the swords or color change.

Has anyone ever in their wvw life build one cannon over a ruin purposefully?

(ok ok.. i did once.. to see how it worked.)

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

#bringbackthequaggans

(they were delicious)

in WvW

Zenith.6403

- I wonder what was the process that led to placing a cannon on top of it. Did some dev just get the idea of building a vista-like point and the cannon icon just happened to be visible on the toolbar. “Oh, I’m going to add a cannon! Yeah that looks cool.”

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

#bringbackthequaggans

(they were delicious)

Quagan soup ftw!

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

wvw is bad enough rewards wise (not counting spam 1 guards and eotm here) without having to spend time capping something that no one cares about, won’t defend, and rewards absolutely nothing.

I’d much rather have our underwater playground back.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Because the lake and quaggens were better and should return .

Instead of making more of the map used the design concentrated everything into a small area i.e the centaur and skritt area which are generally totally ignored on borderlands .

For me I would like the lake returned and the bloodlust nodes spaced around the map more .

At present the nodes are a bore and an eyesore.

I also wish the lake would be back, with or without the quaggans.

The Skritt and Centaur areas are definitely underused and could be use to tie some events, which help to defend or hinder the North towers. I also liked that while the lake was still there you could have those storm generators to create lighting in the associated keep. No need to redesign the map areas, just use the original borderland maps, but tie the Skritt and Centaur areas to a more useful event.

The bloodlust should be removed. It creates more imbalance and the additional +30 all stats is just too much (it is more than the difference between full celestial and full exotic), not to mention superior bloodlust. Generally the server who is winning has the best chances to hold bloodlust, thus skewing the match up even further.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Getting full bloodlust (sigil), applied fortitude, and guard leach stacks is more important to me.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

- I wonder what was the process that led to placing a cannon on top of it. Did some dev just get the idea of building a vista-like point and the cannon icon just happened to be visible on the toolbar. “Oh, I’m going to add a cannon! Yeah that looks cool.”

On rare occasions I have put a cannon up on a ruin to guard a trebuchet that we have placed there. Unfortunately, when the enemy responds in force, the cannon doesn’t really do much. Orchard and the temple have tricky to reach cannon spots, but its a very limited strategy that seldom bears rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

No rewards in a crappy reward system.

The thing is that it ultimately becomes a “someone else will do it thing” because it seems the more productive things you do, the less it rewards. Also, reset night is different; people are looking for fights because that’s when most people are on.

Maybe there needs to be more bonus chests depending on crossing certain score thresholds.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)