Why you dont like the new change?

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I am not for or against it. I havnt had a chance to notice any changes. My WvW server is dead.

But I am curious as to what people dislike about the change.

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

1-You have to have some poor guy locked inside a tower/keep all day and he gets ZERO rewards for it as he can’t participate in the PPK.

2-It’s a lazy solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.

3-It promotes karma training.

4-There are no rewards for people who follow the enemy blob.

5-It benefits the server with the largest population ONLY, no one else coz everyone else would just give up after reset day and the weekend.

6-No seriously how lazy a game change is this?.

7-Night shifts will suffer the most and just give up, for example FSP without fail at about 3/4 am run a 20 man group with a few golems, it takes a bit of doing but you can suually keep your garrison with a bit of effort, now it’s gone coz you couldn’t react to a keep not being scouted at 4am coz lets face, even Burk needs sleep (love you Burk).

8-It’s soooooooooooooooooooooooooo lazy.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

since when WvW player care about reward ? and, i thought those WvW superstars only care about fight, and not to worry about losing building ? what happened ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I don’t like it because it’s harder to try get attention of enemy and get a fight… Usually you would be able to poke a tower or a keep, and people would come running to see what was going on. Now you can take the said structure without anyone ever realizing what happened….

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Because as a PPT defender, my role is now impossible to play.

I don’t want to backcap, I want to prevent my opponent from capping in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Because as a PPT defender, my role is now impossible to play.

I don’t want to backcap, I want to prevent my opponent from capping in the first place.

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I like the changes.
Now the good fighter guilds are important. Who cares a tower if you can kill 50 people

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

since when WvW player care about reward ? and, i thought those WvW superstars only care about fight, and not to worry about losing building ? what happened ?

You’re ignoring the fact that quite a number of us actually enjoy owning, upgrading and defending the objectives, but I’m simply not going to do that when the tools I use have been taken away from me.

I can roam at will and get some loot for a change. It’s working too. I think I’ve been killed maybe 5 or 6 times this week, but compared to the 50x more loot bags I’ve gotten, that’s acceptable.

Ok, I’ve had to back-cap my favorite towers and keeps a LOT more often, but hey? It’s just more loot bags, and karma, and WXP, and XP. Right?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

I like the changes.
Now the good fighter guilds are important. Who cares a tower if you can kill 50 people

Because sometimes you don’t have enough people to kill 50 people.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

since when WvW player care about reward ?

It seems you fail to realise the cost of upgrading towers and keeps.
We get hardly a thing compared to PvE for putting in more effort and time, and then we have to pay a fortune on upgrades, and then the enemy zerg takes the tower, and the whole thing begins again.

Show me a rich, casual WvW player, who’s only made their wealth from WvW alone. They dont exist, they are broke!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

So many sensible WvW comments in here from logical players <33333

-Show me a rich, casual WvW player, who’s only made their wealth from WvW alone. They dont exist, they are broke! +1

-Because sometimes you don’t have enough people to kill 50 people. +1

-You’re ignoring the fact that quite a number of us actually enjoy owning, upgrading and defending the objectives, but I’m simply not going to do that when the tools I use have been taken away from me. +1

-Because as a PPT defender, my role is now impossible to play. I don’t want to backcap, I want to prevent my opponent from capping in the first place. +1

-1-You have to have some poor guy locked inside a tower/keep all day and he gets ZERO rewards for it as he can’t participate in the PPK. +1

-2-It’s a lazy solution to a problem that doesn’t exist. +1

-3-It promotes karma training. +1

-4-There are no rewards for people who follow the enemy blob. +1

-5-It benefits the server with the largest population ONLY, no one else coz everyone else would just give up after reset day and the weekend. +1

-6-No seriously how lazy a game change is this?. +1

-7-Night shifts will suffer the most and just give up, for example FSP without fail at about 3/4 am run a 20 man group with a few golems, it takes a bit of doing but you can suually keep your garrison with a bit of effort, now it’s gone coz you couldn’t react to a keep not being scouted at 4am coz lets face, even Burk needs sleep (love you Burk). +1

-8-It’s soooooooooooooooooooooooooo lazy. +1

Kitten you guys are BEASTS! Keep dropping those WvW logic bombs! <33333

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Trying to find people to scout in a dying game mode was bad enough, but the latest change is the exact opposite of what was needed. What is needed is a way of seeing larger concentrations of players on the map when they get close to a camp or structure, which would promote a lot more fights and a lot less pvd.

The latest change just means people don’t bother upgrading as much as they know sooner or later a 5 man team will ninja the tower without anyone being around to see it.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I don’t like it because, again, it advantages the big server more than the small. I dislike anything that widen the gap we already have.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

So many sensible WvW comments in here from logical players <33333

-Show me a rich, casual WvW player, who’s only made their wealth from WvW alone. They dont exist, they are broke! +1

-Because sometimes you don’t have enough people to kill 50 people. +1

-You’re ignoring the fact that quite a number of us actually enjoy owning, upgrading and defending the objectives, but I’m simply not going to do that when the tools I use have been taken away from me. +1

-Because as a PPT defender, my role is now impossible to play. I don’t want to backcap, I want to prevent my opponent from capping in the first place. +1

-1-You have to have some poor guy locked inside a tower/keep all day and he gets ZERO rewards for it as he can’t participate in the PPK. +1

-2-It’s a lazy solution to a problem that doesn’t exist. +1

-3-It promotes karma training. +1

-5-It benefits the server with the largest population ONLY, no one else coz everyone else would just give up after reset day and the weekend. +1

-6-No seriously how lazy a game change is this?. +1

-7-Night shifts will suffer the most and just give up, for example FSP without fail at about 3/4 am run a 20 man group with a few golems, it takes a bit of doing but you can suually keep your garrison with a bit of effort, now it’s gone coz you couldn’t react to a keep not being scouted at 4am coz lets face, even Burk needs sleep (love you Burk). +1

-8-It’s soooooooooooooooooooooooooo lazy. +1

Kitten you guys are BEASTS! Keep dropping those WvW logic bombs! <33333

I’ll try to drop another logic bomb:

Removal of white swords surely removed the chance to find a fight in these already unbalanced matchups our server is going through.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: aesthetix.4832

aesthetix.4832

gr8 thread m8, sry im l8.
i h8 these changes and they’ve made me str8 ir8
hope we can convers8 and communic8 so anet appreci8s our long w8 to fix this st8 thats got me str8 ber8

- Enthust

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Not true unless the only currency that matters to you is xp, loot and karma. The satisfaction of a job well done that helps your team performance is a rewarding act if you care for it.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I like the changes.

Because sometimes you don’t have enough people to kill 50 people.

Because sometimes we can’t even find these people…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Karma trainings is a lot easier now but that was the exact opposite of what we wanted. We wanted defending to become easier than attacking – siege disablers and their recent nerfs are 2 steps in the right direction, PPK is another 2 steps forward. The removal of white swords is like 5 steps back. 2 good changes with 1 mega bad change.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: aesthetix.4832

aesthetix.4832

Karma trainings is a lot easier now but that was the exact opposite of what we wanted. We wanted defending to become easier than attacking – siege disablers and their recent nerfs are 2 steps in the right direction, PPK is another 2 steps forward. The removal of white swords is like 5 steps back. 2 good changes with 1 mega bad change.

Removing white swords a bad change?

Consider this: What about the players with inadequate computer setups? Think of how much smoother the game is running for them without the GPU-heavy white sword animation on structures. I think we all just need to take a second and put ourselves in their shoes.

not srs

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Removing white swords a bad change?

Consider this: What about the players with inadequate computer setups? Think of how much smoother the game is running for them without the GPU-heavy white sword animation on structures. I think we all just need to take a second and put ourselves in their shoes.

not srs

I play all day at 6-10 FPS, since sword change I play at 12 fps, I have no enemies around anymore to lower it lol

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This change effectively makes T3 towers pointless. It also makes running a KTrain easier than even EotM since everything pretty much lives as paper now. There is just no point in defending something without a WP.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I honestly like the change.
Though it hasn’t changed T1 too much, other than more havoc squads are getting stuff done without having larger groups always smash them down. ^.~

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

While it added flavor, it didn’t solve anything, and only made things more annoying. I’m on a T1 server so scouts aren’t hard to come by but I feel bad they don’t get rewarded for it. The commanders usually pay them or the scouts volunteer because they are eating or something lol.

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

I don’t like it because, again, it advantages the big server more than the small. I dislike anything that widen the gap we already have.

Actually, it makes matchup more balanced since it makes it easier for the losing servers to cap things.

The losing servers own less targets so it’s easier to scout them all even if they have a lower population.

The winning server owns more targets so it’s harder for it to scout everything, which make it easier for the losing servers to steal their upgraded structures.

Please keep the change.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Actually, it makes matchup more balanced since it makes it easier for the losing servers to cap things.

The losing servers own less targets so it’s easier to scout them all even if they have a lower population.

The winning server owns more targets so it’s harder for it to scout everything, which make it easier for the losing servers to steal their upgraded structures.

Please keep the change.

Yeah, but the bigger server have more people and can cover more ground. If they decide to attack multiple targets of the smaller servers, you just can’t defend everything and you’ll lose ground until you are pinned down on your last tower/keep, where you’ll get blobbed.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

You shouldn’t be standing in a tower to scout in place of white swords. You should be moving between towers and camps, out in the open, where you can see as far as possible.

A zerg will often move to a camp before moving to a tower or other objective. Stand out there in the camp. You will be the first to know when they show up. When they kill you, you get 4 minutes to report their direction before you are forced to respawn.

When you get sick of volunteering for suicide duty, you can always run off with your own zerg when they come through.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

1-You have to have some poor guy locked inside a tower/keep all day and he gets ZERO rewards for it as he can’t participate in the PPK.

What kind of battle are you running if your so unorganized that you do not rotate scouts in and out every 15 minutes like the rest of us? Sounds like your creating your own problem with weak organizational skills. Not to mention that you can have a roaming rotation that can catch anything going on and kill two birds with one stone.

2-It’s a lazy solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.

Lazy? You mean like like so lazy you cannot succeed unless the game tells you where the enemy is? Face it, white sword simply should never have existed in the first place.

3-It promotes karma training.

Not really. For one, karma training already occurred, that is a fact. Secondly, the only thing that promotes karma training is laziness of the scout rotation or roamers to have battlefield awareness and report it in.

4-There are no rewards for people who follow the enemy blob.

hat doesn’t make a lick of sense. There certainly are rewards. As well, these forums are chalk full of threads crying about blobs. Thin the “blob” out a little and guard/hold your territory, or you earn your losses.

5-It benefits the server with the largest population ONLY, no one else coz everyone else would just give up after reset day and the weekend.

How so? It gives smaller havoc guilds/groups the ability to stealthily do and take things they never could have done before. That demonstrates that it actually benefits smaller server populations in that respect.

6-No seriously how lazy a game change is this?.

Not nearly as lazy as your lack of effort in guarding your own territory or your lack of effort to organize a scout rotation, in my personal opinion.

7-Night shifts will suffer the most and just give up, for example FSP without fail at about 3/4 am run a 20 man group with a few golems, it takes a bit of doing but you can suually keep your garrison with a bit of effort, now it’s gone coz you couldn’t react to a keep not being scouted at 4am coz lets face, even Burk needs sleep (love you Burk).

This complain was made a million times over before white swords were gone. Whats the difference?

8-It’s soooooooooooooooooooooooooo lazy.

Prove it?

You offered only one argument for 8 different complaints. You have no real evidence or argument for your complaint. You are simply crying because the change didn’t serve your personal needs, even though it opened the door for so many smaller guilds and groups.

I wouldn’t call it “Lazy” as much as I would call it “less hand holding”. You cannot win a weeks match up without having your hand held, and having the game tell you everything? And you call others lazy?

With the white swords gone the smaller guilds in all of Tier 1 now have a chance to show just how useful they can be. Instead of forcing servers to blob up in order to defend then now have to spread out which makes the game much more fair for all size groups to both attack and defend. Personally my guild is a havoc guild and now we have the capability to not only attack waypointed structures but if the scouts are not paying attaention we regularly capture them. Scouts now actually have to pay attaention to all the sneakier places for siege units to be placed instead of just semi-afk and wait for swords to pop then start looking. That being said ArenaNet should definately work out a reward system of some kind for those who ACTIVELY scout and find havoc teams being sneaky.

This. I experienced the same thing and I’m on tier 6-7.

It’s a good change.

I absolutely agree.

The problem as I see it, is that players posting here are simply crying because the game doesn’t tell them where everyone on the enemy team is anymore, instead of having them break into smaller groups and do a little thing commonly known as “searching”.

everyone posted crying about “blobs”, and “zergs”, now everyone is crying about not wanting to pull out of the zerg and actually roam around and “look” for the enemy. Then they want to make snide comments towards Anet.

Danged if you do, danged if you don’t, when it comes to the forums.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

as player i can deal wvw with or not swords , but i think wvw needs more adjustments and fixes to be more casual* friendly .

i have already wrote that the worst in wvw is the human reaction on score . what i mean .

when a server is first and has big cap from others then the people of the 2 other servers do not want play to matchup because they have the felling that the game is over and they can not do anything to reverse it , and the first sever has always more and more people because they have the feeling of the winner .

how often is this happening ? after the first day ! and the six next days the weight of the matchup is going to veteran wvw players and gvg guilds to keep their servers competitive .

not all players but a big part of them has this behavior . i can call them the casual wvw players and ofc the new players that do not have the historical data from seasons where some matchups reversed the last 2 or 1 day .

also the eb and borders main keeps need a mechanism like siegerazers for towers. the situation where a server creates a waypoint to your keep and full upgrade it doesn’t give any chance to new players to stay on the map . this somehow must change .

in greece we say … "one cuckoo never brings the spring " .that means , wvw needs many more changes to be better .

the wvw buff and the chests from wvw was in the right direction , but the wvw needs many more changes to be a good and fun game mode of the game for all types of players.

.* with more casual friendly , i mean to not be sadistic as it can be some times …..

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

McWolfy.5924

Guys! This is something what changes the whole wvw experience. I wanted this feeling. We wanted this feeling!

Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

McWolfy.5924

We wanted tools to lower populated servers. Siege disabler was useful for big servers but this changes gives a chance to the little ones. 5 men nearly cap as fast kitten and if they siege up and sit in the tower as sfr? Roaming teams can capture everything and if they rush out thats just more free points.

This is a good change for the good fighter guilds

Just the WvW
R3200+