Why you hating on Seaweed Salad?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Consumables:
The line of foods that provided bonus damage while moving has been dominating consumable use for all power-based builds. In addition to being significantly more powerful than other foods designed to boost power damage, the “wiggle” strategy to maintain uptime on its effect has a negative impact on the health of the game (and its players). For these reasons, food that increases outgoing damage while moving has had its efficacy reduced by 50%. This affects the following items and their respective feasts:

So instead of buffing other food to be on par, you nerf it. That’s actually okay but was anything underpowered buffed maybe? Then again, when you still have food that reduces a single condition duration by a lesser amount than the “all condi” one, I have a hard time taking that seriously. And it had to be in half instead of some lesser amount. And funny enough, it’s one of the few food that’s actually mildly interesting because it requires an active element to it, but of course that’s apparently bad for the game because passive effects are more skillful.

Of course this yet again provides the edge to condi. And yea I know this was done because of raids or some kitten dps measuring content there, but….

Now the alternative is butternet squash soup, which is nice and all, but even the lower level versions of them are quite pricey. Privisioner has them, right?

Not that I run power food most of the time anyways….

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I’ve never even heard of the “wiggle” strategy is used in WvW.

Anyone hear a commander callout a wiggle stack, or a wiggle blast, or a wiggle bomb?

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

It is unfortunate they tunneled visioned on the dps side of the spectrum then ignored the opposite side…damage reduction (from HoT no less). But I guess that is irrelevant outside of WvW…

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Anyone hear a commander callout a wiggle stack, or a wiggle blast, or a wiggle bomb?

That would be an excellent new meme! Wiggle here, wiggle here!

Although I like how in this game apparently not standing still is a “strategy”.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I’m glad it was nerfed because I do think it was a poor mechanic. Yes, you technically had to do something to keep it up, but wiggling back and forth? I’m sure that’s not what was intended when it was designed. And it was also far beyond any other power food available, for no real reason.

I only wish condi food had been similarly nerfed (not 50%, but still nerfed).

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

It is pretty much about raid, the food has been there for years and only now they start to nerf it.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

That would be an excellent new meme! Wiggle here, wiggle here!

Although I like how in this game apparently not standing still is a “strategy”.

This would be a nice anthem i reckon; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB5zqLeuAPc

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

wiggle i a strait in WvW it to avoid ranged attack not buff dmg XD

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

It is pretty much about raid, the food has been there for years and only now they start to nerf it.

Yep. That “wiggle” technique was used while standing in front of bosses so you could dps them without actually having to run around to keep the buff going. Like we all know by now, everything is balanced around raids, full stop.

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Yep. That “wiggle” technique was used while standing in front of bosses so you could dps them without actually having to run around to keep the buff going. Like we all know by now, everything is balanced around raids, full stop.

Agreed, it wasn’t very well thought out in regard to wvw where the “wiggle” isn’t a thing, where real movement has meaning and condi is meta.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I read anets explanations at times and feel like a 2 year old is trying to communicate biogeochemistry to me.

Should put that on “devs read mean tweets”

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Anet has abandoned a lot of things in favor raid.

They nerfed dungeons rewards for it.
They are very caution about balancing because of it so they come up with band aid like PvP only nerf.
The buffs and nerfs do not have much considerations on effects on WvW.

Gw2 is a pve game but guess what? 2017 has a lot of promising open world mmorpgs that too have their own raids and pve contents while having large scale guild contents. Gw2 is bleeding players over years to other mmorpgs and anet doesn’t seems to care.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Sometimes on drunk raid in WvW. But I guess thats just due to the intoxication. Prevents further toxication by condi.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Yea. If they were going to revamp foods I’d be ears, but this just seems to be for that.

I don’t really see the point of balancing pve metas. Whether or not things get taken as options or not are irrelevant if we’re talking about high speed clears, because in those cases 2nd best might as well be the same as last. PvE can effectively be solved (hence the spreadsheets) and naturally the final product isn’t going to be very elegant looking. Just because speedrunning in a platform game means one skips the powerups because they’re not needed/slow things down doesn’t mean said powerups are useless.

PvE’rs have to realize that ultimately doing the content to the max in games that don’t have the best AI is that it comes down to mechanical execution and exploiting the flaws in the game and in the encounters. And that’s not always concurrent with what is considered fun for everyone, though personally I like to break the game legit. =p

It’s not just raids of course. It’s also the same principle towards the Farm of the Week too, such as multiloots or whathaveyou. You can nerf it all you want, but people just find something else.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

They are just trying to get people to run different foods.. and buy their own.. i mean 90% of the people that come in wvw dont run personal food that is best for their builds.. they eat the free stuff people throw down because they are idiots.

if you are power crit build.. eat power crit food for example… not seaweed.. that 5% damage while moving isnt going to help unless you never ever stop… and how many times to people stop and cast, shoot etc on engage? all the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Anyone nodding their head thinking it was OP has no idea about foods in this game. I invite you to look at the wiki and read all the entries to educate yourself.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Food#Damage_Reduction

5% = about 150 power on most full power builds
10%= about 300 power

YES attack %‘s are multiplicative. But if you do the math…..its only giving you 5-10 extra power assuming you have ’a ton’ of them stacking. THis isn’t rocket science guys..look at the wiki and the formulas and get a calculator.

Now seaweed a lvl 80 food is giving 150 power base….and still only A CHANCE for swiftness on kill.
This food is now absolutely worthless for all power users that know what they are doing. Base foods will give 100 and 70 for stats. So THEY give 170 stats BASE WITH NO CONDITIONS….and seaweed now gives 150 stats plus the chance of swiftness? its no longer viable for anyone to use. Why spend 30-50s on 30 mins of seaweed when you can get pretty much the same kittenty effect (-1%) for the 5 badges at the vendor…its stupid.

This was once a great roamer food for glass cannon builds….now its absolute garbage. The only reason to use this is for the swiftness stacks you “can” get on multi kills. So zergs shouldn’t use it. Roamers might use it for utility to get around larger maps like desert if they lack swiftness or 25% movespeed (unlikely). And thats pretty much it…..

You killed the food. FOr the stupidest reasoning ever.

So now we have:
OP tank food
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Curry_Mussel_Soup
Cause you kno….thats not OP at all.
Op condi food
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rare_Veggie_Pizza
Op healing food
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Delicious_Rice_Ball
and more OP tank food…and there’s plenty of other op boon foods in the mix to lookup
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plate_of_Mussels_Gnashblade

The OP power food is now……
WEll you have the option of 270 stat foods from on kill. Or https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fried_Golden_Dumpling
assuming you do alot of dps? lol….its wvsw though so this is a limited option for many burst and ‘touch and go’ classes.

POWER CLASSES NEEEEDED the cleave to kill downs and get through the insane tank and healing the other foods and “hand holding” gw2 allows with the rezzing and everything. You took that away from them…..
Condi users still are the best downed state killers. Their attacks pulse, preventing the downed from using their 4 while the condi users can literally go for a walk and come back negating all damage. tank users as well still have the ability to flag plant and soak up any inc damage with these stupid damage reductions (10% power reduciton and 5% condi reduction all in a single food….its a no brainer for anyone that doesn’t want every single stat going to condi/power)

YOU NEED TO NERF ALLLLLL THE TOP PLAYER FOOODS. Its not fair to just nerf one of them! The 10% damage reduction foods were already top dog before the nerfs were made, now its just blatantly handsdown the best food ingame.
All hail the blob tank meta!

Is making it harder to kill people who blob going to somehow make the matchups more fair? What the heck are the devs thinking? Are we all supposed to bandwagon to the winning servers and then just blob all our forces together and sizzle against the enemy blob for 2 hours till enough of one side calls it a night? Cause with all the rezzing and waypoints and everything else…its impossible for a properly coordinated attack to ever end in most matchups.

edit: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spring_Roll
even that is better than seaweed atm…just everywhere basically.
you automatically get teh swiftness on the kill….and its 3x as much.
And you get an automatic 20% boon duration increase instead of 150 power (that only applies when ur wasd moving and doesn’t apply to alot of movement based attacks). I mean if you put boon duration increase vs 150 power…..the majority of basic builds ur gonna have more damage just from might and quickness and fury and all that building up than 150 power~!!
They just blatantly nerfed this food to the ground. I thought they removed the “on moving” part of it as well…..but they haven’t lol, they don’t even solve the “wiggle” problem they identified as being a problem. Such a joke.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I fully support nerfing the other top foods, especially condi and dmg reduction foods.