Will Kaineng finish 1st for the first time in their servers history?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaine.3501

Kaine.3501

Will Kaineng pass Ferguson and win their division for the first time in their servers history?

We’re working on it…

Attachments:

Server: Kaineng
Name: “Kaide” (Kaine is just the account name)

(edited by Kaine.3501)

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Looks like Kaineng population absolutely exploded. Seems if you’re the bottom server a lot of guilds want to transfer to you.
I’d rather them not win today

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Setis.4390

Setis.4390

Seriously, Kaineg is an exploding hornet’s nest right now. Though last night you guys came to our homeland, kicked our teeth down our throat, took our orb, and…vanished. We had no resistance taking it back. Did the whole server go to bed on cue or something?

Setis X – 80 guardian/thief/warrior/mesmer
IceClan – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

is this meant to be special or something?

in WvW

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Well considering Kaineng has been dead last since launch…

in WvW

Posted by: Stonehenge.7830

Stonehenge.7830

I am a bit surprised by that but it is likely noone is in wvw for ferg or DR. It is still within the grasp at only 40k down. Assuming you have a presence when others don’t. Generally makes it easy.

Johanne Timber – [Heap] – Borlis Pass
Stonehenge Grr – [Heap]

in WvW

Kaine.3501

I thought this song was fitting for our rise to the top…

http://youtu.be/VAOUbr2HEpo

in WvW

Stonehenge.7830

lol have so say I was thinking “Eye of the Tiger” not Biggie

Assuming this is the oceanic guild’s doing. They are about to go to sleep and time for the euro group to enter (assuming you got one). West coast picks up around 4pm – 12am eastern.

Stonehenge Grr – [Heap]

(edited by Stonehenge.7830)

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Maybe…maybe not. Not many on right now for DR. Maybe it’s all the active guilds Kain got recently and those that transferred off DR/Ferg to Kain. Maybe it’s something else. Maybe we’re messing with you and want you to leave our bracket this next week…..so many questions, so little time.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Kaine.3501

Maybe…maybe not. Not many on right now for DR. Maybe it’s all the active guilds Kain got recently and those that transferred off DR/Ferg to Kain. Maybe it’s something else. Maybe we’re messing with you and want you to leave our bracket this next week…..so many questions, so little time.

Or maybe people are watching the “Kaineng uses Overgrown Grub to assault SM” video….and want to be a part of that.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/VIDEO-Kaineng-uses-Overgrown-Grub-to-assault-SM/first#post455987

in WvW

Kaine.3501

Well considering Kaineng has been dead last since launch…

i’m speechless as to how amazed i’m meant to be then, my apologies for missing how glorious this not yet achieved achievement is

Kaineng is kind of a big deal. But at least now you know….

in WvW

Posted by: micron.5369

micron.5369

As much as I’d like for Kaineng to finish first this week, i think the point differential between Ferg and Kain is too much to overcome.

I’d say that there would be a better chance next week; however, it is my understanding that RMA is transfering off the server this weekend. If they were to leave, it would be a pretty big hit to the prime time EST population. Who knows though – I thought that the server was going to nosedive after LaZy left, and it didn’t. Maybe another guild will transfer over to offset the loss here too. Or more optimisticly, perhaps RMA will stick around. I promise a lifetime supply of acai if you do!!*

*promise can only be fulfilled if Anet adds acai berries and an acai, banana, and granola recipe into the game.

(edited by micron.5369)

in WvW

Posted by: smiljem.4632

smiljem.4632

Now you are absolutely dominating. Don’t pretend you are underdogs any more.

Edit: Not to mention any competition is now gone.

in WvW

Darek.1836

One hilarious thing about Kaineng and Devona is how terrible and mindless a lot of heir players are. For the past couple days, about 4 of my buddies and myself go to the Devona map (which was totally owned by Devona) and started battle with about 20 Devonas right outside our waypoint. There were probably more than 20 now that I think about it.
Anyway we totally crushed them and they only pushed back when a few more respawned and came at once or when they fell back to their tower to hit us with cannons.
To be honest, it wasn’t fun at all.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

smiljem.4632

Spawn camping is always bad. Ferg doesn’t to have the numbers we did before. I just logged on and had outmanned in every battleground. Then left and cried.

in WvW

Posted by: Nabarue.3290

Nabarue.3290

I gotta say, from a Devona’s Rest player, this is impressive to see.

But I speak for many people in our match-up when i say: quit announcing your accomplishments and let them speak for themselves. We on Devona’s have had many great victories as we’ve finally found some footing in the last few weeks, but you will rarely, if ever, see a post saying how great we are when we are in the last bracket. Everyone loves an underdog, but no one likes one without humility.

I am not trying to be a troll or belittle the accomplishments of a server that spent so long in the shadow of larger servers, but do your entire server a favor and have some class.

Tales are never told by those who do heroic deeds, but by those who witness them.

Sir Sprocket the Engi/ Kyoryu Silver the Ele
And my Alter-Ego- Kyoryu Gold, Mesmer, Thundering Hero, wielder of the Legendary Meteorlogicus!

in WvW

Darek.1836

Yeah we’re gonna be the new worst server unless some commanders (what’s that?) show up. I’ve been nagging the hell out of my guildies to get commander so they can actually organize something, but they don’t want to play outside of our 1 party force.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Quatre.6085

Quatre.6085

Competition dead indeed.

Hopefully whatever zerg has populated Kain moves on after realizing how erroneous the claims of population disparity really were.

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

It’s Amazing to see how far K has lept in the last two weeks. DR needs a few more guilds from EU!

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

smiljem.4632

@ Nabarue- Exactly. Congrats Kaineng, you have destroyed the fun balance we had going on this week. Quit boasting now that you have huge WvW numbers on Ferg and DR. You are not the underdog in this bracket. You will also get demolished if you are moved up for next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

I gotta say, from a Devona’s Rest player, this is impressive to see.

But I speak for many people in our match-up when i say: quit announcing your accomplishments and let them speak for themselves. We on Devona’s have had many great victories as we’ve finally found some footing in the last few weeks, but you will rarely, if ever, see a post saying how great we are when we are in the last bracket. Everyone loves an underdog, but no one likes one without humility.

I am not trying to be a troll or belittle the accomplishments of a server that spent so long in the shadow of larger servers, but do your entire server a favor and have some class.

Tales are never told by those who do heroic deeds, but by those who witness them.

I disagree,

I love reading Kaineng Tales, everybody love the underdog.

If they didn’t annonce their accomplishments, who would have done it? It rarely happen that an ennemy will make a psot about something incredible the other team did.

And there is a way to do it. And I think he did it the good way, not being disrespecful to other server.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

@ Nabarue- Exactly. Congrats Kaineng, you have destroyed the fun balance we had going on this week. Quit boasting now that you have huge WvW numbers on Ferg and DR. You are not the underdog in this bracket. You will also get demolished if you are moved up for next week.

This week is the closest thing to a balanced match I have seen this division have. I can’t believe so many poor sports wishing to take away a moment of pride or accomplishment.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: thenoobler.7540

thenoobler.7540

Kaineng isnt gaining as it is cause a bunch of new guilds xfer’d over this matchup.

We have been steadily having our own homegrown population funneleld into WvW from PVE-land.

We have defintely made this a focus of our own recruitments efforts within Warsworn and iSPY and have grown our guilds by rather a lot from recruiting in the lowby zones.

Havent seen a whole of RMA this matchup either.

Alot of our score is from SoS during the daytime. Then War, iSPY, Jawa and KAIN among others as well during the primetime, where we def hold our own. I I missed anyone please forgive me.

Kaineng’s population hasnt “exploded” by any means. We are alot more organisd than 2 weeks ago, and are still working out more things for the future.

Xiir – lvl80 Guardian – Dragonbrand Server
Guild Leader – Warsworn [WAR] – www.warsworngaming.com

in WvW

smiljem.4632

This week is the closest thing to a balanced match I have seen this division have. I can’t believe so many poor sports wishing to take away a moment of pride or accomplishment.

No. It has been close, and that was fun. Until today. Look up the scores. Its 670 to 15 to 10. That is not competition.

in WvW

thenoobler.7540

Lets not forget that Fergs is still in the lead, and will still win this matchup.

You speak as if Fergs has been pounded into the ground, which it has surely not been.

Kaineng and DR both are still underdogs.

Kaineng is still lowest pop server in the game.

We just have a plan and are putting it into action of funelling our newer lowby players into WvW to show them how much fun it is. Guess what? they come back when they have fun.

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

No. It has been close, and that was fun. Until today. Look up the scores. Its 670 to 15 to 10. That is not competition.

its 1 o’clock Eastern. DR is a ghost town till later in the day. This isnt new. K went and got people to play at this time. green team almost always owns the map at this time. DR needs the same.

High pop servers have people on around the clock. low population capping is part of the game. K is finally getting a shot to NOT be on the receiving end of it. considering we have been floating at the bottom of the toilet together for so long, I am happy for them.

All this says is that DR can do it too.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

Lets not forget that Fergs is still in the lead, and will still win this matchup.

You speak as if Fergs has been pounded into the ground, which it has surely not been.

Kaineng and DR both are still underdogs.

Kaineng is still lowest pop server in the game.

We just have a plan and are putting it into action of funelling our newer lowby players into WvW to show them how much fun it is. Guess what? they come back when they have fun.

IMO, Population for K is no longer an issue. lower pop or not, I think K has as many if not more PvPers than DR, and it’s starting to look like in weeks to come will probably crawl out of last place.

DR has a lot of lowbies, a lot. I will see a spike in our representation as well.

We still need Oceanic peeps if we want to become more than what we are.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

smiljem.4632

So what is your point? You think servers should just take turns rolling one another? Ferg had a huge start on Saturday that balanced out by Sunday. It has been mostly even, at least within 150 since. Until today. Ferg was still losing most of last night. That is fine. This, however, is lame. Crushing all bg isn’t fun and vice versa isn’t either.

in WvW

Stonehenge.7830

It is pretty obvious that DR nor Ferg has any resistance at the moment or the numbers would be very different. Tactics is nice and all but it is pretty simple to see there is a vast population difference in this time period in WvW now. You just don’t cap all 4 maps within a few hrs with resistance. It just doesn’t happen. Don’t get me wrong, it is nice to see Kaineng getting some more people, but it is pretty obvious that WvW numbers are no longer a concern for them.

Stonehenge Grr – [Heap]

in WvW

Kaine.3501

So what is your point? You think servers should just take turns rolling one another? Ferg had a huge start on Saturday that balanced out by Sunday. It has been mostly even, at least within 150 since. Until today. Ferg was still losing most of last night. That is fine. This, however, is lame. Crushing all bg isn’t fun and vice versa isn’t either.

We know all about not having fun when being crushed on all the maps….

we’ve lived with it since our servers creation…

in WvW

Posted by: Quatre.6085

Quatre.6085

Kaineng isnt gaining as it is cause a bunch of new guilds xfer’d over this matchup.

We have been steadily having our own homegrown population funneleld into WvW from PVE-land.

We have defintely made this a focus of our own recruitments efforts within Warsworn and iSPY and have grown our guilds by rather a lot from recruiting in the lowby zones.

Alot of our score is from SoS during the daytime. Then War, iSPY, Jawa and KAIN among others as well during the primetime, where we def hold our own. I I missed anyone please forgive me.

Kaineng’s population hasnt “exploded” by any means. We are alot more organisd than 2 weeks ago, and are still working out more things for the future.

Oh yeah, I like this one.

Garner sympathy on forums for more players/zergy bads to transfer to the server because of “population issues” (mostly you just hate being a bunch of bads).

Successfully get transfers, then claim it was hard work and how well you guys did reorganizing the server.

This time yesterday the scores were all even. If one side all of a sudden after a day has a 600 point cap over the others, the population HAS exploded, at least for this time segment.

Stop trying to pretend like it’s anything else.

in WvW

thenoobler.7540

I disagree.

Fergs is set to win.

Im sure some of there guilds and leaders and players are just taking a break with what they assume is a sure thing and enjoying other aspects of the game.

Happens on every server when either the loss or win is a sure thing. Happenned all the time when i was dragonbrand. the population either gave up when the matchup was lost and it was a ghost town for the rest of the week… or they gave up when the win was a sure thing and it was a ghost town for the rest of the week..

Kaineng also has the benefit of a large oceanic guild. We have only jus started working with SoS just recently and look forward to more in the future. DR and Fergs dont have this.

Fergs can crush us in the primetime if they wanted to. But as stated before they dont need to as they think they already have the match won. Some of them do, sorry, not all. but its enough to make it look like they lsot alot of population.

in WvW

thenoobler.7540

Oh yeah, I like this one.

Garner sympathy on forums for more players/zergy bads to transfer to the server because of “population issues” (mostly you just hate being a bunch of bads).

Successfully get transfers, then claim it was hard work and how well you guys did reorganizing the server.

This time yesterday the scores were all even. If one side all of a sudden after a day has a 600 point cap over the others, the population HAS exploded, at least for this time segment.

Stop trying to pretend like it’s anything else.

This time of day for the last 2 weeks Kaineng has consistantly had a 600point lead due to SoS our oceanic guild taking the entire 4 maps.

It isnt anything new.

You also incorrectly lump me in with other posters from Kaineng. My opinions and view are mine alone.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

one benifit kaineng has is that we really dont have all that many fair weather players. What you see is what we have, and even late in the week when the scores no longer matter were still fielding armies to fight.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

…I speak for many people in our match-up when i say: quit announcing your accomplishments and let them speak for themselves…

I disagree,

I love reading Kaineng Tales, everybody love the underdog.

FWIW, I love reading about Kaineng, too, and I did not think the OP was in any was boastful or disrespectful.

in WvW

Posted by: Nabarue.3290

Nabarue.3290

Oh I’m not being a poor sport or wishing anything bad upon them. But holy crap the sheer amount of threads I see on the WvW forums about their accomplishments is crazy. And let us re-iterate, they are no longer the underdog. Their numbers have exceeded those of us at Devona’s, and seem to rival the Fergs. I find it thrilling to fight them and the Fergs this week, but I just find all the saber rattling tasteless. Perhaps this is just me. Either way, I said in my first post that what they are doing now is impressive, and i find the challenge refreshing.

Either way, best of luck to you guys, and see you on the field of battle.

Sir Sprocket the Engi/ Kyoryu Silver the Ele
And my Alter-Ego- Kyoryu Gold, Mesmer, Thundering Hero, wielder of the Legendary Meteorlogicus!

in WvW

Posted by: spif.7580

spif.7580

Couple things about this past week.

It’s been great fun to see the scores moving around, but nobody taking full map control (what you see in this screen shot will not stay very long).

3 way fights constantly breaking out is often quite epic.

DR waking up and holding territory (often making their BL fully red) and constantly pressuring both sides.

Defense of our last keep at times that results in finally pushing defenders away and going on to reclaim most of our territory.

Lot’s of great skirmishes and less dominance on zerg balls; seeing multiple fronts all the time.

Best week so far of WvW.

—- Kaineng : Nuke → Saarc ---

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

Oh I’m not being a poor sport or wishing anything bad upon them. But holy crap the sheer amount of threads I see on the WvW forums about their accomplishments is crazy. And let us re-iterate, they are no longer the underdog. Their numbers have exceeded those of us at Devona’s, and seem to rival the Fergs. I find it thrilling to fight them and the Fergs this week, but I just find all the saber rattling tasteless. Perhaps this is just me. Either way, I said in my first post that what they are doing now is impressive, and i find the challenge refreshing.

Either way, best of luck to you guys, and see you on the field of battle.

For what they had to put up with, I don’t mind seeing posts about them improving. It is a good story. The ones that stayed kept a good attitude and are finally starting to see some progress. It isn’t easy being the last server. Unfortunately, that means your server will be the new dog. Just keep a good attitude and keep plugging away. Eventually, some server will implode and fall down the rankings. It will be just as sweet for you as it is for them.

in WvW

Posted by: CharliePrince.2071

CharliePrince.2071

go Kaining GO!!!

yes, i am an unabashed Kaining cheerleader

GO !!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Drede.4701

Drede.4701

DR waking up and holding territory (often making their BL fully red) and constantly pressuring both sides.

OK good to know that this Kaineng domination is just due to me playing at a different time than usual. Time for a nap before my usual overnight adventure retaking our home.

The many different ways I can spell Regnilond xD
Guardians of the Creed [HATE]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: iii.3905

iii.3905

SoS on kaineng is Chinese guild?

Man if fergie gets beat by kaineng… You guys should all switch server to anvil rock or something and just combine forces, or face a looooong time of defeat

in WvW

iii.3905

It’s the Chinese that are night capping, you guys really need to thank them

in WvW

iii.3905

A week ago on one post for kaineng I remember someone saying that you guys don’t like SoS because

They don’t work with you guys and you guys wanted
Them out of your server. now that your winning you should seriously apologize to them.

On my server dark haven our chinese team is led by HOT
Their guild leader Yaska always communicate to
Public and stay in public vent now. HOT and HVN here basically got our night capping train started three weeks ago. Now lots of oceanic joins us because of the famous Dark Haven night crew

in WvW

Posted by: spif.7580

spif.7580

SoS is Taiwanese

—- Kaineng : Nuke → Saarc ---

in WvW

iii.3905

Chinese Taiwanese Cantonese Mandarians same thing, us russians care less

They stood up for you guys

in WvW

Posted by: micron.5369

micron.5369

@iii: SoS has been on Kaineng for awhile now. Also, it was one guy who said he didn’t like SoS, and he (thankfully) left the server. That one guy does NOT speak for the server.

On the contrary, SoS is fantastic group of individuals. They’re really nice people. Back in the “dark days” I used to tag along with them whenever I was online rather early. They were one of the few guilds (along with LaZy, Nuke, and a few others) that were WvW’ing on Kaineng back before it was apparently the “cool” thing to do! I honestly have no idea why anyone would dislike them.

in WvW

Posted by: Fubuki.7162

Fubuki.7162

I used to play on DR, and I used to fight FC regularly. Allow me to paint a picture of Kaineng, Devona’s Rest, and Ferguson’s Crossing 6 weeks ago.

6 weeks ago I played on Devona’s Rest. I played there for a week. We faced FC and sometimes BP and NSP, but mostly FC day after day.

Every day the match would reset at 7:00. FC would rush SM. DR didn’t have enough people to get it most nights, so they moved on to Kaineng territory. After taking SM, FC would also move on to Kaineng Territory.

Both teams would then race to take over most of the Kaineng map because… there wasn’t a single Kaineng player anywhere to be found. Ever. WvW between these two servers were mostly World vs Door back then, with a few fights between them as FC would eventually make their way into DR’s side of the map.

At midnight DR would mostly log, and be behind FC who had the most players by far. FC would take over the rest of the map and it was game over. By the next day FC had a 50K point lead.

(Keep in mind, these were only 24 hour matches, points were recalculated every 5 minutes back then, not 15, and Stonemist was worth 50 points).

FC is a launch server, DR and Kaineng were expansion servers. Since FC was there at launch they had a lot more people and DR couldn’t really compete.

What was missing was a 3rd player. A wildcard. The only way things were going to get more fun between DR and FC was if Kaineng woke up.

A week went by of this same routine, then one night I saw… TWO people on Kaineng from a guild called Nuke. I was inspired. The next day I made this post on the forums.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Moving-to-Kaineng-Join-me/first

I joined Kaineng hoping do my part to help breathe some life into the server, but also to try to make our tier more fun. It wasn’t 10 minutes into my adventure I ran into Nuke. Turns out the players I saw were Mr Girly Man and Feralblood, both of which still play on Kaineng. My wife and I joined their guild, and off we went.

(And btw, it’s worth noting that our Oceanic guild, SoS was already on the server when I got here, though they were mostly a PVE guild for the first couple of weeks. SoS is not new for us, and they’ve been out there doing WvW every morning now for over a month).

I made a few more posts, and despite getting messages of support from Mike Ferguson and from people on other random EU and NA servers, no one seemed to be moving over.

A week later I made my first Kaineng WvW video.

That seemed to get people’s attention, and people started showing up. Some were already on the server doing PVE, others moved over after getting tired of queues. A week after that I made another:

This video shows our entire WvW community working together in our first even fight against an enemy team of this size. We pushed them back off the keep and defended it, a server first. This was a really big deal for us.

Kaineng is used to being dead last in north America. A lot has changed for us in the last 6 weeks, and most of it has happened since Friday. This is the first time we’ve ever been the blue team. This is the first when I’ve been on that I’ve ever seen us cap SM twice in one day, capture all 3 orbs at one time, have the highest potential score in our tier for any period of time, and it’s the first time I’ve ever seen us capture FC’s keep in EB.

A lot of people got 100% map completion in EB this weekend for the first time ever on Kaineng.

I think a little cheering is in order. There aren’t many of the original players / guilds left from 6 weeks ago, but the OP of this thread happens to be one of them. When you’ve been dead last and unable to complete (most weeks DR and FC weren’t even aware we were out there taking things), it’s really exciting to finally be able to compete.

We’re all still fully aware we’re in the bottom tier in NA, we’re still very aware that we’re not even winning this tier, but to us this is exciting progress.

Every year one team wins the Super Bowl, and one team loses. The winning team cheers and celebrates and the losing team tucks their tail between their legs and walks sadly off the field. On Kaineng we’re cheering and celebrating as we’re walking off the field losers, and the winning team is looking at us like what the hell is wrong with you people.

Hopefully this post explains why.

in WvW

Posted by: Ira.5172

Ira.5172

Kaineng has one of the best comminuty I personally ever encounter and overall helpful.
Even thought sad for missing this community I’m very happy to see what this little server that could has now become. Every accomplished for this under populated server IS a big deal.
I will always be another Kaineng cheerleader!

“GO Kaineng, GO”

Ira Souleater – Necromancer
Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

iii.3905

Good to know!!!!!!!!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: xXTattsXx.4361

xXTattsXx.4361

Congrats on the influx of guilds freshly joining in on Kain because they couldn’t hack it in a higher bracket. I truly hope that you all do well but going from barely holding on to slingshot where you are isn’t really an accomplishment in my opinion.. you did have to work for it.. you guys got good transfers.

Tatts – SoCo