Will PoF bring pirate shipping back?

in WvW

Posted by: Nighteyess.2149

Nighteyess.2149

I’m kind of concerned that with the amount of boon strip in the new elites that it will kill any melee combat.

in WvW

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’m kind of concerned that with the amount of boon strip in the new elites that it will kill any melee combat.

The elites that use melee to strip boons, won’t use melee because there’s boon strip? I think the opposite, Hammer Spellbreakers ftw.

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

As long as I can play my warrior again.

in WvW

Nighteyess.2149

The elites that use melee to strip boons, won’t use melee because there’s boon strip? I think the opposite, Hammer Spellbreakers ftw.

I was thinking melee ball clashes all boons get striped and back line drops CC’ s on them and collects the bags

(edited by Nighteyess.2149)

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

pirate shipping is still here. =)

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Kind of. Most organized groups decimate pugs the these days so you only see the pirate ship when it’s an even fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

pirate shipping is fine, but having a game where is impossible to get on melee that would be wrong….very wrong.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Consider we have tons and tons of condi cleanses yet still cant keep up with necros, I seriously doubt that a couple of warriors will have a significant impact on the literal fountain of boons people squirt out.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

we can only assume and speculate but the final product or a glimpse of it will be next mobth =)

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

That’s exactly the thing. If stripping requires melee, you won’t be engaging in melee…
I’m very concerned for the upcoming meta :\ I think there’s a good chance Pirate ship meta is going to be back…
I sure as hell hope it won’t though, it’s only left to wait and see now

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in WvW

Nighteyess.2149

we can only assume and speculate but the final product or a glimpse of it will be next mobth =)

True true just thought it was worth talking about

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

wont there be a free beta test event???

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

That’s exactly the thing. If stripping requires melee, you won’t be engaging in melee…
I’m very concerned for the upcoming meta :\ I think there’s a good chance Pirate ship meta is going to be back…

But you want to strip enemies boons, soo you have to go into melee, becouse warrior strips are going to be melee… So for that warrior to survive you need to have somekind of melee support.

What i hope will happen is revival of backline and with that revival of focus party.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I just hope that it’s somewhere between the unstoppable stability/resistance blob and the pirate shp.

in WvW

Nighteyess.2149

But you want to strip enemies boons, soo you have to go into melee, becouse warrior strips are going to be melee… So for that warrior to survive you need to have somekind of melee support.

What i hope will happen is revival of backline and with that revival of focus party.

My fear is that when the melee ball collides all boons are striped and can not be reapplied making them sitting ducks as they get hard cc and condi bombed. Both sides melee dies on the first push so then no one plays melee. I would like to see a more defined back line too but not like that

in WvW

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

My fear is that when the melee ball collides all boons are striped and can not be reapplied making them sitting ducks as they get hard cc and condi bombed. Both sides melee dies on the first push so then no one plays melee. I would like to see a more defined back line too but not like that

I never get this kind of logic, as if we are kitten english red coats, just lining up of either side of a field and walking together.

Just gotta use some better or different tactics man.