Will WvW every get Updated?

in WvW

Posted by: Darsh.3145

Darsh.3145

Well, this is quite disappointing. Haven’t played this game in 4 Months because of the lack of WvW content updates.. I come back to see a brand new progression system in WvW.. where you gain WvW ability skill points and some neat WvW specific passive abilities.. ok.. that’s kinda neat.. but that’s it? The game has been out for 8 Months.. and that’s it? After all this time, We still only have 1 exotic set of gear? The Invader’s set.. Not only is it butt ugly… but why does it have tanking stats? Power, Toughness and Vitality? What if I play a support / healer in WvW? or what if play burst DPS? I suppose those WvW medals are more or less useless to me. And don’t even get me started on Ascended gear? Didn’t they say we’d be able to play the game however we like to play and still get all the loot and stuff we want? Didn’t take them very long to break that promise. I don’t see any variety of cool looking sets in WvW.. PVE has Ascended gear and WvW is still stuck with only 1 exotic set with 1 set of stats.. WTF?

How about the Meta game? Keeps are still easy to flip.. takes about 30 seconds to kill a Keep Lord once the gates are down. How about making them into a legitimate boss fight so that the defending team has a shred of hope of defending their keep? Why are there still no incentives to defending and keeping your Keeps / Towers?

Anywho, the game has been getting plenty of PVE content updates but PVP has been left pretty much in the dust.. and I suppose that’s the price we pay for playing a F2P game. The support plainly sucks. By the time ANET has a WvW that’s somewhat more acceptable, games like Elder Scrolls Online will be out and players will just not care about GW2 anymore.

I can guaranty you that I would rather pay $15/month for a game (like Elder Scrolls Online) than keep playing a game like GW2 that’s F2P but has crap support and hasn’t had a decent PVP update in 8 months. This is truly pathetic. In the end.. I suppose there’s no surprise there.. we get what we pay for right?

EDIT
frostshade.3617 corrected me and pointed out that the game now has different sets with different stats. However, I would still like to point out that we have no Ascended gear in WvW.. and still are stuck with the same ugly looking armor sets and weapons. More skins would be nice..

(edited by Darsh.3145)

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

After all this time, We still only have 1 exotic set of gear? The Invader’s set.. Not only is it butt ugly… but why does it have tanking stats? Power, Toughness and Vitality? What if I play a support / healer in WvW? or what if play burst DPS? I suppose those WvW medals are more or less useless to me.

Other sets are available now (Rabid, Berserker, etc. No Valkyrie, though) for ~1g + 100-200 badges depending on the specific item. Check the Weapon/Armor vendors.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

The pvp sets aren’t different then crafted or dungeon why the qq.. a lot of things have changed in fact they have been slowly fine tuning wvw and they released content for spvp so your kitten is unwarranted.. yea no new maps were added or stat armor but there is no need for those considering you can get the armor five other ways. Anet in fact pays more attention to its pvp it seems then games like wow read the forums once and see all the dev feedback and leave useless kittens like this at the door

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I’m not paying $15 bucks a month for anything. Especially when it’ll have issues as well. Every game does.

But WvW is the best, most fun game to come out in a long while so I’m sticking with it. We just had a fantastic fun battle for SM the other night – my team lost it but its the fight that counts. Who needs shineys? Not me.

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

The pvp sets aren’t different then crafted or dungeon why the qq.. a lot of things have changed in fact they have been slowly fine tuning wvw and they released content for spvp so your kitten is unwarranted.. yea no new maps were added or stat armor but there is no need for those considering you can get the armor five other ways. Anet in fact pays more attention to its pvp it seems then games like wow read the forums once and see all the dev feedback and leave useless kittens like this at the door

actually op’s kittening is warranted, the type of content that PvE side has received compare to WvW is way better and much more well-planned. This recent update still feels like an afterthought.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Darsh.3145

Darsh.3145

After all this time, We still only have 1 exotic set of gear? The Invader’s set.. Not only is it butt ugly… but why does it have tanking stats? Power, Toughness and Vitality? What if I play a support / healer in WvW? or what if play burst DPS? I suppose those WvW medals are more or less useless to me.

Other sets are available now (Rabid, Berserker, etc. No Valkyrie, though) for ~1g + 100-200 badges depending on the specific item. Check the Weapon/Armor vendors.

Thanks for pointing this out. I wasn’t looking at the right vendor. Its nice to see that they’ve at least done that. but.. honestly.. why was that not done immediately? its the same skin as far as looks goes.. and I can’t imagine this was hard to incorporate..

But hey.. at least its added now..

It would be nice to have some ascended gear as well now, and maybe have more armor skins / looks. So ppl can mix and match pieces of gear sets ect.. Some of the pvp armor looks and especially the weapons are just TERRIBLE.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Skins are in the Other tab, but they are not unique to WvW.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

Pve is easier to make content for no game unless its soul purpose is pvp is gonna get pvp updates at the rate of which pve can be made

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild