Will major WvW issues will be addressed?

in WvW

Posted by: Argos Helios.4965

Argos Helios.4965

I’d just like to know if the numerous and very real problems that have been raised in the hundreds of threads over the last 2 weeks, and 2 years will ever get noticed by Anet. We all know what these problems are…

Please just say yes or no Anet…Stop stringing us on with that loose statement that the entire live dev team will work on WvW after HoT release. Will WvW get attention?

Just want to know so I can give up building for the future or not. Most of us were kinda expecting some kind of resolution with HoT release…not a bunch of changes to make things, much, much worse.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

At this point an immediate response from Anet is highly unlikely. There have been a couple cases in the past but most of the time their development teams seem to be on a regimented schedule that doesn’t include quality of life changes for the population. We waited years for them to fix achievements and there are still numerous bugs from launch in WvW.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

I am pretty sure they once said in a live stream that they’ll prioritize wvw pop balance and focus on wvw once HoT was done.
Haven’t heard anything since though

in WvW

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

Per this interview with Colin that was released today:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/10256/Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns-One-Week-In-with-Colin-Johanson.html

That being said, I’d also add one of the goals of Heart of Thorns was to address every major game system to ensure they had all the core components we need for the future of the game. Our goal was to ensure we didn’t really need to tweak any major game system again after this expansion and our focus could be entirely on adding new content, and building on top of – rather than expanding outward systemically. WvW is the one major feature I’d say we didn’t end up accomplishing this goal, the project is so large it didn’t end up fitting into the scope of the expansion and we still have work to do to address core fundamental issues like population balance, rewards, scoring, night capping, etc. As always we don’t discuss features in development until they are far enough along to share meaningful details, so for now we’ll just say WvW is the final big game system on our radar – and we’ve had a lot of great conversations with our players about what they’d love to see from epic large scale PvP combat.

And per John Corpening’s statement two months ago:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Invitational-Statement-from-John-Corpening-game-director-for-World-vs-World/first#post5350913

But World vs. World is huge and complex and so is the technology behind it. We’re continuing to work now on developing and building our solutions to the core issues I outlined above, and once we reach a point in development where we are far enough along with them, we look forward to sharing those plans with you. As work on Heart of Thorns wraps up, we’ll be treating resolving the remaining core areas in WvW as our #1 live development feature priority for the game to ensure we deliver on making World vs. World not just the great experience it is today – but the incredible experience we know it can be. As this effort ramps up you will be hearing more from us about the work in progress.

TL;DR: They’re working on it. It’s one of their top development priorities right now. No ETA yet, but they are working on it.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/10256/Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns-One-Week-In-with-Colin-Johanson.html

That being said, I’d also add one of the goals of Heart of Thorns was to address every major game system to ensure they had all the core components we need for the future of the game. Our goal was to ensure we didn’t really need to tweak any major game system again after this expansion and our focus could be entirely on adding new content, and building on top of – rather than expanding outward systemically. WvW is the one major feature I’d say we didn’t end up accomplishing this goal, the project is so large it didn’t end up fitting into the scope of the expansion and we still have work to do to address core fundamental issues like population balance, rewards, scoring, night capping, etc. As always we don’t discuss features in development until they are far enough along to share meaningful details, so for now we’ll just say WvW is the final big game system on our radar – and we’ve had a lot of great conversations with our players about what they’d love to see from epic large scale PvP combat.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Invitational-Statement-from-John-Corpening-game-director-for-World-vs-World/first#post5350913

But World vs. World is huge and complex and so is the technology behind it. We’re continuing to work now on developing and building our solutions to the core issues I outlined above, and once we reach a point in development where we are far enough along with them, we look forward to sharing those plans with you. As work on Heart of Thorns wraps up, we’ll be treating resolving the remaining core areas in WvW as our #1 live development feature priority for the game to ensure we deliver on making World vs. World not just the great experience it is today – but the incredible experience we know it can be. As this effort ramps up you will be hearing more from us about the work in progress.

TL;DR: They’re working on it. It’s one of their top development priorities right now. No ETA yet, but they are working on it.

As always we don’t discuss features in development until they are far enough along to share meaningful details

Maybe if they did they wouldn’t spend months working on things that fundamentally fail.

we’ve had a lot of great conversations with our players about what they’d love to see from epic large scale PvP combat

What?!…. Where? …. Someone check twitter.

That’s something new and different than what they have been saying for years….
/s

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Many of us have become jaded to these statements as we have seen them in various forms over the years. Very few times have they carried through on them in a timely manner. The WvW achievement issue was a priority going into the second year of GW2. It was another 2+ years before they fixed it. Even when they do a considerable effort it hasn’t gone great… EotM is a perfect example. A WvW game mode that hardly has any WvW in it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Many of us have become jaded to these statements as we have seen them in various forms over the years. Very few times have they carried through on them in a timely manner. The WvW achievement issue was a priority going into the second year of GW2. It was another 2+ years before they fixed it. Even when they do a considerable effort it hasn’t gone great… EotM is a perfect example. A WvW game mode that hardly has any WvW in it.

Maybe CU will force them to do something in WvW or they will lose some Core WvW players.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

Maybe CU will force them to do something in WvW or they will lose some Core WvW players.

for that CU have to come out….

in WvW

Straegen.2938

CU could supplant WvW in GW2 at release. I have played a bit and it is a rough game that may be a bit too old school for modern gamers. Time will tell.

Black Desert Online looks promising with even more fluid combat than GW2 but Asian based games are often too grind driven to be enjoyable at least to me.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

BrickFurious.7169

I understand the jadedness, trust me. I was just informing the OP, since he/she was asking a question, that yes, Anet has said they will address the core issues. That’s all we know, anything else is just conjecture.

Yes, they’ve said they’re working on it before, and it hasn’t panned out yet. In the meantime, there’s other stuff in GW2 I enjoy, and there’s other games I enjoy. And even WvW in its current flawed state is still enjoyable (just with a frustrating amount of unrealized potential).

So…at this point there just isn’t much point in complaining about the core issues anymore, IMO. Anet has said they’re working on it, what else is there to say? No one is going to blame anyone for moving on to another game in the meantime, and if those people that move on never come back, well that’s on Anet. At this point, you either stick around despite the issues or stop playing WvW. Continuing to complain after Anet has acknowledged the core issues and said they’re working on it is just wasted energy.

in WvW

BrickFurious.7169

we’ve had a lot of great conversations with our players about what they’d love to see from epic large scale PvP combat

He’s referring to the WvW CDIs we had about a year ago. Which you participated in, so I have no idea why you’re being snarky about it. I’ll refresh your memory:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Solution-to-fix-the-population-imbalance/first

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Scoring-Discussion/first

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Siege-Troll-Discussion

(edited by BrickFurious.7169)

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

He’s referring to the WvW CDIs we had about a year ago. Which you participated in, so I have no idea why you’re being snarky about it. I’ll refresh your memory:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Solution-to-fix-the-population-imbalance/first

Those threads are over a year old…. if a handful of posts every couple years is what they consider a discussion then it is no wonder they keep saying they will fix things “soon”.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Black Desert Online looks promising with even more fluid combat than GW2 but Asian based games are often too grind driven to be enjoyable at least to me.

Black Deserts PvP is apparently poor. The games that will compete with WvW are CU and Crowfall that barely anyone here mentions but which looks like it will be better than CU.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

What’s CU? I wonder how long it would take for Anet to delete a thread weighing pros and cons of WvW with other competitors? Probably not very long and it’s probably against forum rules? I’ll have to read up.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

and did they even consider the feedbacks of eotm? we told them that it was too pve driven and too complex, did they listen? did they even consider 1 of our feedbacks and suggestions? no they went ahead and made a map driven with pve mobs and pve events and complex keeps and a vertical map, they even put more pve in it eventhough for years we kept telling them please no pve.
they have proven that they dont understand wvw. it is a gamemode where the players design the map and the way they use it not the ai.
u wanna upgrade? need dolyaks
u wanna cap a keep? u need supply and well placed siege
u wanna defend? try to get dolyaks in and build siege
u wanna cap anything? be prepared to fight
u zerg? watch out for zergbusters… etc

now its u wanna cap? take shrine, do laser event, kill ai, kill mobs, kill lord cap
u wanna defend? try to reach enemy in time while walking for hours throug the maze, try to get to the second keeps for the next hour trying to find your way

wanna cap a keep? make sure u are on the map when zerg heads out or u will be lost and alone…wandering through pve ai driven areas and jumping puzzles…

no anet never listened to anything the community had to say. now we are all backed up in the corner with only eb still being sort of what wvw used to be like.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

As always we don’t discuss features in development until they are far enough along to share meaningful details

Maybe if they did they wouldn’t spend months working on things that fundamentally fail.

That’s something new and different than what they have been saying for years….
/s

So you want them to open communication, then make negative post when they do? That doesn’t strike me as a very wise path toward more communication.

History has proven if they discuss an idea that doesn’tmake it in game, that they get unreasonable backlash. The tone and wording of your post, in itself, makes my point.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

morrolan.9608

What’s CU? I wonder how long it would take for Anet to delete a thread weighing pros and cons of WvW with other competitors? Probably not very long and it’s probably against forum rules? I’ll have to read up.

CU is Camelot Unchained, an RvR only game coming from one of the chief devs from Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer Online.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’d just like to know if the numerous and very real problems that have been raised in the hundreds of threads over the last 2 weeks, and 2 years will ever get noticed by Anet. We all know what these problems are…

Please just say yes or no Anet…Stop stringing us on with that loose statement that the entire live dev team will work on WvW after HoT release. Will WvW get attention?

Just want to know so I can give up building for the future or not. Most of us were kinda expecting some kind of resolution with HoT release…not a bunch of changes to make things, much, much worse.

Think about this: Do you really even want them to focus their attention on WvW? Look at the damage they’ve to WvW with the limited amount of attention they have given it:

• failed bloodlust area,
  • failed eotm,
  • failed new BL,
  • failed golem event (yes, this minor compared to the others, but is an example of how out of touch they are)

All failed because they refuse to acknowledge that their vision of WvW is completely different from their customers’ vision.

If they do put their full attention on WvW, are they going to completely change their vision? That’s really far fetched. More like they will continue their failed vision, except this time with the full force of the company behind them. Not a good thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

So, the Capt. Obvious take on Colin’s statements is… there aren’t enough Devs at ANET to go around? Imagine how frustrating it’s gotta be to be a full time skeleton crew WvW Dev. Must be overwhelming. Is it even possible to shift to a skeleton crew for PvE? Besides there is a long list of items that will be added over the next few months. Then all the bugs that come with those will be addressed.

My personal prediction for WvW to get more than a skeleton crew’s worth of attention is May of 2016… IF they don’t release any Living Story in April.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Think about this: Do you really even want them to focus their attention on WvW? Look at the damage they’ve to WvW with the limited amount of attention they have given it:

• failed bloodlust area,
  • failed eotm,
  • failed new BL,
  • failed golem event (yes, this minor compared to the others, but is an example of how out of touch they are)

All failed because they refuse to acknowledge that their vision of WvW is completely different from their customers’ vision.

If they do put their full attention on WvW, are they going to completely change their vision? That’s really far fetched. More like they will continue their failed vision, except this time with the full force of the company behind them. Not a good thing.

I think bloodlust was a great addition to WvW.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

• failed bloodlust area,
  • failed eotm,
  • failed new BL,

Yeah it seems to me that everyone in my circles enjoyed bloodlust, and EotM is packed 24/7. I fail to see how either of those can be deemed as failures.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

It shouldn’t take an unplanned interview to get that sort of information out. I’m still somewhat optimistic, but they need to do a better job of communicating. This is a big change, after all.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Yeah it seems to me that everyone in my circles enjoyed bloodlust, and EotM is packed 24/7. I fail to see how either of those can be deemed as failures.

EOTM is a karma train, taking players away from actual WvW, ultimately it did damage to the mode.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3r7jr6/wvw_hot_issue_list/

We really could at least use an acknowledgement of the things that are completely broken with this expansion. Like, then entire borderland! I tried to give this new borderland a fair shake, but honestly……. it was designed to use the new masteries that they decided last minute to keep separate from WvW. It’s completely asinine.

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

So then you fully agree with us that Anet’s vision of WvW is something entirely different than how the core WvW players see it. And that EtoM was never designed to satisfy WvW players. Sadly, even though I think it was Colin that fully admitted that most WvW players hate EtoM over a year ago, the new map we got seems only to reinforce the mindset that gave us EtoM. It appears that not only does Anet not understand WvW, they also don’t seem to realize it either, or worse they think they will somehow move us in this direction that they think WvW should go in…
I still think we have months before we will see how the game play on the new borderlands is going to shake out and there is certainly the possibility that once people really understand the map game play will improve, but I don’t know, given the past and the length of time it takes Anet to make even modest changes to WvW, the new borderlands brings ominous portents as to the furture of WvW…. yes I said it. DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

• failed bloodlust area,
  • failed eotm,
  • failed new BL,

EoTM is packed as it’s a karma/wexp train, which achieved exactly the opposite of what it was supposed to do, which is to give people something to do whilst waiting in the (now almost non-existent) queues to get in wvw. Instead it’s has pulled people away from wvw as it a better place to gain wvw exp and a chance of having fights than any of the new BL.

Bloodlust OK, apart the absolute zero you get from taking the time to cap those shrines.

Guard buffs were great, but they removed them.

Underwater combat was great, but they removed that.

Orbs were fun, but they ‘suspended’ those…

As for the hot air from Colin, I’ll believe they are working on wvw when they actually recruit some wvw players (non fanboys and streamers) to a design team that then designs a map from the ground up that is made for wvw.

And bringing up the utter failure that were CDI’s just reminds us that they were all just hot air and nothing in them was brought in with the new map.

in WvW

Posted by: keadlaw.6350

keadlaw.6350

Honestly Id be willing to give the new bl a shot if they reverted the auto upgrade no supply required, and removed the gimmicks. No one wants to defend our bl, and why would they. When you can just cap stuff back after the RI wears off and boom waypoint restored. No work involved in upgrades means no one values them. The cost removal was awesome I just wish they had stopped there.