Will not buy a expansion without new content.

in WvW

Posted by: Willkilliam.5012

Willkilliam.5012

I have been trying to stir up the conversation about WvW content in a few recent posts my last is still relevant in the forum right now (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-players-are-planning-to-leave-the-game/first#post6574600)

But For this post its less of a discussion and more of a statement, I do not speak for anybody in this post but what I will say is that there is a great number who feel the same for when I say I won’t buy a new expansion without new WvW content guaranteed before or during the expansion. You gave PvP Esports and it failed so why not try to put more support into WvW. If you can guarantee that there will be “NEW WvW Content” Before years end me and others who feel the same will buy new content.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Since forums are places for sharing information and discussions, why not make this thread about what it would take for you to buy the next expansion?

For me, it would take a change of the meta to something less unpleasant, a clarification from Anet on what WvW is intended to be and, thus, what their future changes will be trying to accomplish and something that actually suggests they aren’t planning to abandon WvW and coast it out on once-yearly major updates.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Still waiting on HoT fulfillment.
Think I’ll pass on the $50 trait line.

in WvW

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

I want a third bl, and maybe some new types of siege.

Having two alpine and one desert bl is awkward. Desert borderland is only so widely hated because it was clearly meant for gliding, which they left disabled for some reason, so it’s hard to navigate. If they made a new borderland it should be smaller, and flatter considering there won’t be gliding.

The Art of Roaming [gank]

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

They’ve stated they won’t announce anything related to the expansion until after S6, so if you are looking specifically for WvW content coming with the expansion, you’ll need to wait several more months before you’ll hear anything, regardless of what they do or don’t have planned

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Agreed, unfinished product. Can’t trust these guys.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

As it stands I won’t be buying the xpac. What would get me to buy it would be:
- for WvW to be redone into an alliance based system not a server based system.
- legendary armor to be made available via means other than raids
- grind for masteries and collections to be reduced.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

i mean, the fact that their teams seems incompetent to produce legendary weapons and until recently the armor doesnt mean they are liars they just take longer

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

“We want new WvW content”
finger on the monkey’s paw curls down

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

i mean, the fact that their teams seems incompetent to produce legendary weapons and until recently the armor doesnt mean they are liars they just take longer

Who’s talking about skins?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3rbpp0/colin_johanson_admits_that_they_released_wvw/

(edited by LetoII.3782)

in WvW

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Don’t worry, I am sure that when ANET said that WvW would be a priority after the expansion they were saying after the SECOND expansion.

You guys just assumed it was the first expansion, but nowhere did ANET say that.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Don’t worry, I am sure that when ANET said that WvW would be a priority after the expansion they were saying after the SECOND expansion.

You guys just assumed it was the first expansion, but nowhere did ANET say that.

Clearly it would be “a” priority…. The last priority out of all, but that still counts

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Do you want DBL?

Because this is how we got DBL.

in WvW

Posted by: vier.1327

vier.1327

I will wait to the first episode of the 4 LS, and buy it on sale.

Mejor músico de Bahia de Baruch.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

They also didn’t say SECOND expansion either.

But seriously, Anet did have WvW as a priority, but they experienced mission creep and scrapped it to only work on the quick and easy fixes because other issues (LS, xpac…) became the priority issues.

WvW got put on the bottom of the priority inbox and has to wait its turn in the queue.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

WvW got put on the bottom of the priority inbox and has to wait its turn in the queue.

WvW doesn’t get a “turn”, which is a fine example one of the reasons an MMO released in 2004 (ish) and charges a sub still has way more players than second raters like this game, that don’t put the minimum of necessary amounts of resources into many areas of the game (even entire game modes like WvW), then wonders where most of the players went and why it has record low revenues 3 quarters in a row, but don’t worry, more outfits in the gem store.

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Next new version of HoT power creep…if you are WvW player, you will have to. Sorry but true.

You’re only other option is getting kitten on non-stop or playing a different game than GW2.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

WvW doesn’t get a “turn”, which is a fine example one of the reasons an MMO released in 2004 (ish) and charges a sub still has way more players than second raters like this game, that don’t put the minimum of necessary amounts of resources into many areas of the game (even entire game modes like WvW), then wonders where most of the players went and why it has record low revenues 3 quarters in a row, but don’t worry, more outfits in the gem store.

But every company that has to release a product at a certain time has to allocate resources to every project for the life of the project. The WvW project was sacrificed to more important projects when it was determined that the WvW project became out of scope. GW2’s buy to play and free to play model just doesn’t allow it to have the same resources as that other MMO and can’t have a fully staffed WvW team.

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

I’ll buy it just for mesmer elite specialization and story(yea you can argue it’s pve, but well i realy like gw2 story)

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I’ll buy it just for mesmer elite specialization and story(yea you can argue it’s pve, but well i realy like gw2 story)

50$ to be stronger is very tempting. It looks like the new ele spec is going to be much stronger dmg then core ele so i may end up getting it too just so i can play staff ele as dmg agen something i miss a lot in wvw. This has become p2w sadly.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

dont expect much, Anet have made SW from guardian trash lvl and never cared about to putting them to a decent gameplay, so bigger things are worse they will try to cover with freebies and rewards and weird gimmicks….

expecially when reaches WvW.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

I personally will not be buying the expansion as I only wvw and refuse to pay for ascended vendors/rewards since the golden child pve has them pre expansion. Plus the ongoing issue of server lag (4 years + an expansion and still here really?) and still no purpose for scoring, like what’s the point of winning apart from winning?All combined with the lack of communication. It fills me with 0 hope.
The power creep is an issue but core classes will still have there place (vanilla zerg guard etc)
I also predict that the small scale roaming scene will be gone with even more power creep condi madness, perhaps we’ll get a 5 stat must have armor that rewards passive bunker condi more.
Not gonna lie the new thief spec looks like it’s going to be the final nail in the coffin for me. The last thing they need is an option to do damage and be slippery as hell from range.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

“We want new WvW content”
finger on the monkey’s paw curls down

^kittening nailed it

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN