Will they announce WvW Legendary backpacks?

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

http://dulfy.net/2015/08/08/gw2-pvp-leagues-coming-with-heart-of-thorns/

http://dulfy.net/2015/07/30/gw2-fractal-of-the-mists-changes-and-legendary-backpacks/

As we see from the two links, there will be both a PvE and a PvP backpack. Anyone holding hope for a WvW legendary backpack or should we all just be resigned to not expecting one.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Posted by: tyrellian.3706

tyrellian.3706

Of course they will.

You just need to complete Yakslapper to get it...

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Of course they will.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Of course they will.

You just need to complete Yakslapper to get it…

Drum roll, cymbal splash.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Of course they will.

That will only reward one item of the precursor collection. You will need to finish all of the WvW achievements to complete the precursor collection…

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

Of course they will.

That will only reward one item of the precursor collection. You will need to finish all of the WvW achievements to complete the precursor collection…

This would be amazing.
I’m sure i’ll get it before i turn 80 :P

Or maybe in 60 years will be a tiny bit to early.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Of course they will.

This would be amazing.
I’m sure i’ll get it before i turn 80 :P

Or maybe in 60 years will be a tiny bit to early.

But wait that is not all. The finished legendary backpack will look like this if my data mining is right. Colin Johnson used it for 25 years, thats what is making it legendary.

Attachments:

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Doubt it. PvP and Fractals always seem to get way more updates than WvW. Wouldn’t be surprised if WvW doesn’t get any legendary backpiece.

I’m resigned to not expecting any new rewards for WvW to be honest. My barrel of hopes and dreams for WvW is empty.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Here’s another design.
Mind you,the actual colours might be a bit brighter,so nothing to worry about.

Attachments:

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

Here’s another design.
Mind you,the actual colours might be a bit brighter,so nothing to worry about.

that would look cute on my asura mesmer. So yes please.

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Hahaha….A reward for WvW?

That’s a good one, best joke I heard in a long time.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I’m pretty sure the strategy here is “we want for you to experience all the game not just WvW!”… so even if you don’t want it, go run fractals!

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I’m pretty sure the strategy here is “we want for you to experience all the game not just WvW!”… so even if you don’t want it, go run fractals!

Actually the message here is:

“We don’t care if all you like in GW2 is WvW. Hence we will force you into game modes you may have tried but don’t like in order to get items and skins you do.”

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

You are spot on. They don’t care about us that much. How long since they stated they would rework something as simple as WvW achievements?

Heiann – NSP

(edited by yanoch.7051)

in WvW

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

I hope not. Bunch of farmers and PvErs looking for achievements and skins will show up. Rather keep WvW unrewarding than seeing the new maps as EoTM 2.

9 Guardians later…

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Anet has all these nice shinies for spvp and pve because it is really easy to score an individual’s accomplishments, be they killing champs or other players or winning matches. Before anet can think about giving out desirable rewards for wvw, they need to first figure out how to quantitatively score the things we do in wvw. How many “points” should be awarded for wvw activities like winning fights, taking objectives, etc. It is the nebulous, never-ending nature of wvw that makes a reward system challenging. Also, anet has to be careful to not create a farmable reward system that will pull in primarily pve players (aka rallybots) and ruin the game for us primary wvw players.

I know we all like to complain about how anet doesn’t care about wvw. It is pretty obvious that wvw rewards are laughable compared to spvp or pve. However, if getting better rewards means a bunch of wvw noobs flood the maps during prime time and I spend an hour in queue, i’d rather anet keeps wvw as it is.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Anet has all these nice shinies for spvp and pve because it is really easy to score an individual’s accomplishments, be they killing champs or other players or winning matches. Before anet can think about giving out desirable rewards for wvw, they need to first figure out how to quantitatively score the things we do in wvw. How many “points” should be awarded for wvw activities like winning fights, taking objectives, etc. It is the nebulous, never-ending nature of wvw that makes a reward system challenging. Also, anet has to be careful to not create a farmable reward system that will pull in primarily pve players (aka rallybots) and ruin the game for us primary wvw players.

I know we all like to complain about how anet doesn’t care about wvw. It is pretty obvious that wvw rewards are laughable compared to spvp or pve. However, if getting better rewards means a bunch of wvw noobs flood the maps during prime time and I spend an hour in queue, i’d rather anet keeps wvw as it is.

I understand and agree with everything you say here. My only problem is that we have been having to deal with whatever scraps we are handed for going on 3 years now. I can see that monitored achievements are much easier to track and reward. You would figure though that after going this long waiting, and still waiting some more, they could have at least given us easier to attain titles (baby yak slapper… lol).

And I fully understand that the bots are a problem to ANet, and farmers already have the higher ranks thanks to EotM. But IMO they have had more than ample time to make changes for the better. If the last event with the golems has shown us anything though it is that they don’t even understand their own game mode as well as those that play it. I am still hoping they put some emphasis on making WvW be as well designed as the other areas (with commensurate rewards), but sadly I’m not sure how many of my guildies will still be here by then. /rant

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Hopefully we get cool EotM backpack, because i don’t want some noob WvW backpack.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

From day 1 EOTM should have had a different award currency from badges of honor (call them badges of farming or whatever). Assuming anet hadn’t screwed that up, they could add additional skins and gear that could be bought with the badges. Honestly, if we want some decent rewards, we should be prepared to buy them with a combination of badges of honor and gems. I can only assume wvw players don’t spend much $ on gems, so they are treated like second class citizens.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Don’t hold your breath.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Wvw legendary backpack will be the old engi hobo sacks…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Or it could be a giant loot bag!!!

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I know people will disagree as we all have different expectations, but honestly an mmorpg like gw2 is meant to be a breathing world where u would only limit urself by solely playing one type of content and expecting to be fullfilled. One should try and do 2 3 types or rotate since Anet (and any other mmorpg) just cant keep up (though sometimes not do right) which would leave u unsatisfied. But by all means, its good to voice opinions and i would love to have a legendary backpack from WvW as well.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

wtb eotm made legendary super hero complex backpack

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: UKADAM.3910

UKADAM.3910

If there do aslong as its not some type of wing, theres too many wing type items.

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

yes okay! and what about them fractal newbies coming to wvw?
they have high AP bra! high AP = skills in this game they would roll half a guild solo! need these people to join WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I don’t think so.

Besides, they would have to change the whole reward structure and the scoring system. Then, and only then.