Will vendors be updated for PoF?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They must have an entire department just to come up with all these ‘currencies’. Its gone past an insane number of them.

Its development by accretion and its lazy development, they don’t want to properly develop interlocking gear, skill and currency systems that work together in the long term across expansions.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Laivine.9308

Laivine.9308

We will be adding a new currency that is similar to Proof of Heroics that will allow you to buy new sigils, runes, recipes, and hero points from PoF.

Awesome, thank you!

One more question, will these be available in skirmish chests, like proofs of heroics?

There will be a new skirmish chest with the new currency in them.

Will that new chest replace the old ones in a retroactive manner?

All skirmish chests earned before PoF launch will contain Proof of Heroics. All skirmish chests earned after will have the new currency.

Do you mean that the new skirmish chests will contain both currencies, or just the new one? If it is the latter, is there going to be any way to gain Proof of Heroics after the expansion?

in WvW

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

He is saying it’s hard gated (wrong word to use really), because you now have to grind this new currency from day one to buy the notarized scrolls that unlock the new PoF hero points. Your stock piled proof of heroics cannot be used to buy the scrolls to unlock the new maps hero points.

With proof of heroics you just can’t unlock the hero challenges on the pof maps and can’t buy the new runes/sigills immediately.
For the new elites you probably just need hero points. There are enough hero challenges on core and hot maps to get enough hero points to unlock the new elites.

in WvW

Posted by: mcnick.3150

mcnick.3150

so everytime a new expansion there gonna be new currency now?

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

I’m really disappointed in that move honestly. We’ll be soon running with 4 currencies in WvW, and it clearly needs some cleaning, and more consistency in the “what currency buys what thing” departement. Example : New Currency buys PoF runes, PoF reciepes, PoF sigils. PoH buys HoT runes, HoT reciepes, HoT sigils alongside superior siege blueprints. So it has to be cleaned a bit.

Some questions are also unanswered, and I’d be really grateful to McKenna to give some insight to it :

• Will ascended gear with selectable stats (bought with skirmish tickets) provide new PoF stats at release ?
  • If someone bought that gear and did not pick the stats yet at release day, will the list update, or will it stick to core(+HoT) stats ?

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

That sucks I have 300 skirmish chests already….

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

So does this mean we will no longer be able to acquire proofs of heroics after 22nd of sept? (Edit: meaning the currency from rank up chests would also change?)
and if so, will we be able to buy HoT stuff with the new currency?

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

(edited by Artemis Thuras.8795)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeon.3752

Aeon.3752

I have a few questions towards this change.

Since it was stated, that the new skirmish chest will include the new currency, will there still be the option available -in this chest- to grab proofs of heroic aswell?
Because if not, there will be a problem with people who do not own “Path of Fire” and/or for people who want to still spend their proofs of heroic for HoT-recipes/runes/sigils/… Aswell as for people who are currently working towards the Legendary WvW Armor. Since it requires proofs of heroic to create the respective gifts.

My second question is about the WvW rank-up chests. Currently they are offering a random number of proofs of heroic aswell as a tome of knowledge. Will those chests also be updated with the new currency and you get (for example) the same amount as with proofs of heroic, as addition?
Because if those rank-up chests do not include the new currency, the only way to obtain it then, will be the new skirmish chest. And this leads to a variation problem due to being “forced” to grab your new currency out of it to get all the new “Path of Fire” sigils/runes/… and barely being able to use this chest for food/tactics/shards/…
Also, if the rank-up chests getting the same treatment as the skirmish chest, consider to leave an option behind to still be able to get proofs of heroic.
(Last point is only important if the new skirmish chest aswell as the rank-up chest does not offer anymore proofs of heroic)

Thanks in advance

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Well crap… I took a gamble and saved all my skirmish chests hoping the new currency would be in there. Really do not want to grind Pve, just want to kill peeps in WvW lol

in WvW

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

We will be adding a new currency that is similar to Proof of Heroics that will allow you to buy new sigils, runes, recipes, and hero points from PoF.

so all the hero points I have done despite having maxed everything will be worthless? I really do not want to grind through all of PoF just to max out the elite. THAT is a horrible, thankless, boring grind.

You don’t have to grind all of PoF, this will work the same as with HoT which is good. This way you can still get all this stuff done through wvw, and nobody can simply have immediate access to everything which would be unfair to those with many thousands of Proofs of heroics.

So banked Hero Points on characters will or won’t work to buy skills for PoF? In which case, what use would those banked Hero Points be when you’ve already maxed out all your skills and the first elite class?

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

wow itll take like 10 minutes to wander around to the channel hero points in 1/2 the maps and get ~100 of the 250 points youll need and the other 150 are prolly already unlocked on your characters how is this a big deal lol

If you played the HoT maps at all you’ll know that’s not true and that initially some of the hero points were either insanely hard to get to, or were guarded by champs/veterans that you needed a group to take down. So if Anet is true to form, none of us are unlocking an elite spec in a single evening, never mind “ten minutes”.

WHY YES, I HAVE PLAYED THEM! i have 22 toons. and thats why I said what I said. there are 11 or so channel ones spread across vb, ab, and td. there are a couple more that arent champ fights but usually need a mastery to not be a pain. all it takes is the time to traverse the map.

seriously.

and go buy hero points with proofs right now on toons that already have their specs, cuz you can use the extra points towards the new spec.

it’s not a big deal and yall be whining. stop.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Not that the champions are all that hard… Most of the champion points are easily duo-able. Some of them can even be solo easy (Vinetooth champion, lul)

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

so all the hero points I have done despite having maxed everything will be worthless? I really do not want to grind through all of PoF just to max out the elite. THAT is a horrible, thankless, boring grind.

You don’t have to grind all of PoF, this will work the same as with HoT which is good. This way you can still get all this stuff done through wvw, and nobody can simply have immediate access to everything which would be unfair to those with many thousands of Proofs of heroics.

So banked Hero Points on characters will or won’t work to buy skills for PoF? In which case, what use would those banked Hero Points be when you’ve already maxed out all your skills and the first elite class?

from what it seems, there will be a new way to distinguish one version of hp’s (e.g. gold/yellow) vs another. So, the ones you have now will not work.
So, if you grinded HP’s or bought HP’s after maxing out HoT then they are no longer useful (just as they are not useful now.)
Sucks, I know. That should have been communicated from the start so people don’t invest hard work into a currency that would be easily assumed to still work.

in WvW

ThomasC.1056

from what it seems, there will be a new way to distinguish one version of hp’s (e.g. gold/yellow) vs another. So, the ones you have now will not work.
So, if you grinded HP’s or bought HP’s after maxing out HoT then they are no longer useful (just as they are not useful now.)
Sucks, I know. That should have been communicated from the start so people don’t invest hard work into a currency that would be easily assumed to still work.

I think Hero Points you already have will still be useful. You have to spend them to unlock skills and traits, the whole system works that way. Therefore, whatever points you already have can be used. The only question is : will that be enough ?

Now, the new currency will be used for reciepes, runes and sigils, as well as HP unlock. It’s the hero points unlock on PoF maps for “convenience”, or any need of extra HP.

At least, this is how I understand what McKenna said.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

Essentially:

Proofs of Heroics will let you buy Heart of Thorns Hero Points, and HoT Runes, Sigils, Recipes, etc.

The New Currency will let you buy Path of Fire Hero Points, and PoF Runes, Sigils, Recipes, etc.

The reason for tihs separation is because when you use a Notarized Scroll of Heroics, it doesn’t just give you 1/10 Hero Points. It basically instantly completes a random Hero Point for you. So, it makes sense to distinguish between randomly completing a HoT HP and a PoF HP, especially for people who own one but not the other.

this honestly annoys me. For what purpose can PvE players unlock their elite specs in a single evening but WvW players are hard time gated? Atleast WvW players had to prepare to get elite specs on day 1 but now all that preparation is just kinda wasted.

Do you not read or something? You will still be able to buy the Notarized Scroll of Heroics and Notarized Scroll of Maguuma Heroics to get Hero Points to max out your elite spec on minute 1.

No the new currency grants a new form of heroic points so that your current hero points and current chests and current heroic notes will contribute nothing to getting your new elites. farming for the new elites starts on launch day not a minute sooner. thats the entire purpose for the new currency.

in WvW

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I think Hero Points you already have will still be useful. You have to spend them to unlock skills and traits, the whole system works that way. Therefore, whatever points you already have can be used. The only question is : will that be enough ?

Now, the new currency will be used for reciepes, runes and sigils, as well as HP unlock. It’s the hero points unlock on PoF maps for “convenience”, or any need of extra HP.

It should be enough, on my main character with 100% world completion including all of HoT and WvW’s Hero Points (including the old red borderlands Hero Points) I have 364 Hero Points unlocked before the expansion launches. I’d be very surprised if the new Elite Spec costs more than the 250 points needed for HoTs elite spec.

So after unlocking that I will have 114 Hero Points left before I get a single Hero Point from the expansion area.

If you have HoT and you have enough Proofs of Heroics to unlock all the Core Tyria and HoT Hero Points then the new currency will initially only be needed for PoF recipes, runes and sigils.

After a while you can spend the new currency to unlock the PoF Hero Points. If you don’t have HoT then you’ll need to buy a bunch of PoF Hero Points straight away in order to unlock the new Elite Spec.

It’s a bit meh but shouldn’t be a problem for players with HoT who just want to unlock the new Elite Specs quickly.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Yay! Another currency. Just what we all really needed in wvw…I guess that will be sold as a ‘major update for wvw’….

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Essentially:

Proofs of Heroics will let you buy Heart of Thorns Hero Points, and HoT Runes, Sigils, Recipes, etc.

The New Currency will let you buy Path of Fire Hero Points, and PoF Runes, Sigils, Recipes, etc.

The reason for tihs separation is because when you use a Notarized Scroll of Heroics, it doesn’t just give you 1/10 Hero Points. It basically instantly completes a random Hero Point for you. So, it makes sense to distinguish between randomly completing a HoT HP and a PoF HP, especially for people who own one but not the other.

this honestly annoys me. For what purpose can PvE players unlock their elite specs in a single evening but WvW players are hard time gated? Atleast WvW players had to prepare to get elite specs on day 1 but now all that preparation is just kinda wasted.

Do you not read or something? You will still be able to buy the Notarized Scroll of Heroics and Notarized Scroll of Maguuma Heroics to get Hero Points to max out your elite spec on minute 1.

No the new currency grants a new form of heroic points so that your current hero points and current chests and current heroic notes will contribute nothing to getting your new elites. farming for the new elites starts on launch day not a minute sooner. thats the entire purpose for the new currency.

That’s how I understood it too. I just can’t imagine Anet allowing people
with thousands of accumulated heroic proofs that would allow them to unlock every single hp in both the core maps and Hot maps, simply being able to apply those unused points to all the new elite skills on all their toons on launch day.

(edited by Hexalot.8194)

in WvW

Posted by: VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618

VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618

No, the hero points already earned will be useful. The proof of heroics will not be.

Just like world completion hero points could be spent on HoT specs, HoT hero points will be spendable on PoF specs.

So you did not waste your time.

And, in fact, you could even use proofs of heroics to buy all of the hero points available to them, and probably get pretty close to maxing a new elite spec. So even proof of heroics are still useful for this, assuming you’re as lazy as I am.

I just hope you are correct, because my level in laziness is legendary.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

For what it’s worth, if you really want to play Scourge day 1, you could put all your Ascended gear in the bank, delete your Reaper, use Tomes of Knowledge to rush back to 80, use your stockpile of Proofs of Heroics to buy Central Tyria and Heart of Maguuma Notaries, and you’ll have 580 hero points, which you’ll almost certainly be able to fill Scourge with.

Don’t lose anything but the stack of Proof of Heroics (which you were spending anyway) your tradeskills (kind of a bummer, but you’ll keep your patterns) and Tomes (which you probably already have millions of).

Or since Ascended gear is account-wide, you could just buy another character slot and make a Scourge out of that, or clear out an unused character and reroll it. Spend tomes, spend proofs, instant espec.

Or you could just clear a week’s worth of WvWing and you’ll probably have enough of the new skirmish chests and rankup chests to buy the espec completely anyway.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

Do you realy want WvW to be empty, like it was with HoT release? That’s part of why desert was soo hated, IT WAS EMPTY. Why was it empty? Everyone wanted their elite spec.

I was one of the earliest to get elite spec on my server and first in the guild(i used 15 teleport to friend and stuff like that), i went to WvW and it was completly empty and i logged off, what else could i have done? Now imagine how many more did the same thing when they’ve seen it was completly empty.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Yet another currency? This is a seriously BAD idea. We are already have a lot of currencies, which have become more or less obsolete: karma, laurels, proofs and badges. I have so many of them, that I cannot possible spend them into useful things and clicking 1000+ times will give a sore wrist.

Arenanet: please stop adding currencies to this game. Or make existing currencies at least convertible to others. The crazy amount of currencies in this game is example of bad game design and makes game more confusing for players. And a lot of players are irritated to have currencies which will never be used (unless you really plan to equip 9+ with legendaries and multiple full ascended gear etc).

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Deniara Devious.3948

All skirmish chests earned before PoF launch will contain Proof of Heroics. All skirmish chests earned after will have the new currency.

I hope the player will be able to select the new currency or proof of heroics from skirmish chest, because otherwise it would mean that obtaining proof of heroics will be really difficult after PoF.

I am speaking this for others. I personally have over 15k of proof of heroics. I don’t think I will ever be using them all.

in WvW

ThomasC.1056

I hope the player will be able to select the new currency or proof of heroics from skirmish chest, because otherwise it would mean that obtaining proof of heroics will be really difficult after PoF.

I am speaking this for others. I personally have over 15k of proof of heroics. I don’t think I will ever be using them all.

Given skirmish chest is a vendor, I think they’ll just add a new line.

That said, it’s really lame to create a new currency. That’s the cheesiest laziest way to solve an “issue” that may not even exist.

in WvW

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Awesome, thank you!

One more question, will these be available in skirmish chests, like proofs of heroics?

what about our current farm towards the legendary armor? Is that going to be affected?

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

Awesome, thank you!

what about our current farm towards the legendary armor? Is that going to be affected?

Why would it? Tickets will not be affected, at least there was no mention of it. They are only adding the new currency to skirmish chests after PoF launches. So this way we can choose either Proofs of heroics, or the new currency.

in WvW

Serenity.6135

Given skirmish chest is a vendor, I think they’ll just add a new line.

That said, it’s really lame to create a new currency. That’s the cheesiest laziest way to solve an “issue” that may not even exist.

No it is the proper move, because if they just keep proofs of heroics as the standard currency for PoF as well, then players who have thousands stockpiled can simply unlock all the new stuff immediately giving them an unfair advantage.

in WvW

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

I am getting confused now. So I spent my proof of heroics on the scrolls. So i currently have like 11 stacks of notarized scrolls in my inventory. Since they said Proof of heroics won’t be needed anymore, was it a smart move to do so?

I was/am under the impression that on day 1, you can use those notarized scrolls to gain hero points? Currently I have 364 unspent hero points on my Thief, will that be enough for next expansion?

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in WvW

Serenity.6135

I am getting confused now. So I spent my proof of heroics on the scrolls. So i currently have like 11 stacks of notarized scrolls in my inventory. Since they said Proof of heroics won’t be needed anymore, was it a smart move to do so?

I was/am under the impression that on day 1, you can use those notarized scrolls to gain hero points? Currently I have 364 unspent hero points on my Thief, will that be enough for next expansion?

Proofs will still be used the same way they are now, we just wont be able to use them for PoF items. I believe you can also exchange scrolls back for proofs. I think any excess hero points you have on a character should still be useable to unlock the new elite specs.

in WvW

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Proofs will still be used the same way they are now, we just wont be able to use them for PoF items. I believe you can also exchange scrolls back for proofs. I think any excess hero points you have on a character should still be useable to unlock the new elite specs.

Well, nothing really is confirmed right now, so everything is like speculation, but I just hope I’d be able to get my proofs back, because then these 11 stacks of scrolls will just be staring at me telling me im an idiot everyday, and soulbound to my 1 toon as well.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Awesome, thank you!

Why would it? Tickets will not be affected, at least there was no mention of it. They are only adding the new currency to skirmish chests after PoF launches. So this way we can choose either Proofs of heroics, or the new currency.

1 of the items is bought with proofs of heroics so it is affected.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Will the new stat combos be available from the ascended armor we can get now?
Or will that need the new currency also?

Same question for PvP ascended armor.

in WvW

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

I imagine the new currency will work in that if you own HoT, you can purchase HoT related items.
If you own PoF, you can purchase PoF related items.

Then after 6-12 months, they will probably just combine the 2 currencies since enough time will have gone by so people cant max things out day 1.

At least, that is how I would do it.

in WvW

Deniara Devious.3948

No it is the proper move, because if they just keep proofs of heroics as the standard currency for PoF as well, then players who have thousands stockpiled can simply unlock all the new stuff immediately giving them an unfair advantage.

This is yet another lame excuse. They could very easily introduce some delay e.g. 2 weeks before one can buy the new hero points using existing currencies, such as proof of heroics. Thus NOBODY can unlock all the new stuff immediately. Either you wait 2 weeks and unlock them with proof of heroics or go to pve and unlock them there. Problem solved.

A new currency is a NOT solution, it is a PROBLEM.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

This is yet another lame excuse. They could very easily introduce some delay e.g. 2 weeks before one can buy the new hero points using existing currencies, such as proof of heroics. Thus NOBODY can unlock all the new stuff immediately. Either you wait 2 weeks and unlock them with proof of heroics or go to pve and unlock them there. Problem solved.

A new currency is a NOT solution, it is a PROBLEM.

Genuinely worse solution to the issue than the currency rollover.

Seriously just play for the Diamond box on reset week you’ll have enough of the new Proofs to get the espec.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

ThomasC.1056

I’d be really thankful if McKenna or anyone else from ANet was able to answer those simple questions :

• Will the current hero points (tied to each character) be able to unlock the new e-spec ?
  • Will the new PoF stats be added to stats selection of exotics and ascended gear from the skirmish vendor ?

If the answer is yes, then the new currency will only be required for runes, sigils, and craft reciepes. Not for the espec unlock. Even if I’m not fond of the concept of “new currency”, this may be an acceptable choice because runes, sigils and craft reciepes will require PvE grind whatsoever (for map tokens, I suppose).

in WvW

Posted by: Cirrion.8951

Cirrion.8951

Wow there seems to be a lot of confusion as to how this is going to work. I don’t think it’s that complicated:

- There has been no indication that Hero points won’t be used to unlock the new e-spec, so any Hero Points that you have stockpiled should be able to be used for that. This is also consistent with how HoT was handled. Remains to be seen if the price will allow unlocks on day one for players with all current HP’s unlocked

- The new PoF Skirmish chests will likely have the same drops as the current ones, except for changing Proofs of Heroics for the new currency

- The new currency will most likely allow you to buy everything that Proofs can now, along with the PoF specific items and PoF specific proofs.

This would make the issue of still being able to obtain Proofs moot, since they will be totally superseded by the new currency. As far as I can tell this is completely inline with what ANet has published so far, along with some reasonable assumptions. This way no-one loses functionality whether they upgrade or not, no-one can insta-unlock all the PoF content but they will be able to start working on unlocking it on day 1.

To me the more interesting question is what will happen with selectable stat gear with PoF. Will PoF stats be selectable on day 1? Will it matter it the gear has been purchased yet?

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

If they follow the same pattern with HoT hero points and elite specs, I’m wondering if the new PoF elites will cost significantly more than the HoT ones, meaning most people aren’t likely to be able to get the new elites on day 1 unless they go after the new hero points in PoF. Our core specs cost 60 hero points to master, the HoT elite was 250 points, but at least the HoT hero points were earned 10 at a time. Perhaps the PoF elites will cost 1000 hero points to master, but the PoF currency and/or hero points will generate 40 points each. I have about 1k proofs saved up, so that might generate elites for 4 characters, or it might give me the elite for only 1 character. I couldn’t tell on the stress tests how much the new elite spec will cost to master as it had already been fully mastered on the demo characters.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

in the stress tests and preview weekend, the pof hero points were 10 each, if that gives you some indication (it might change… i guess)

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Deniara Devious.3948

Genuinely worse solution to the issue than the currency rollover.

Seriously just play for the Diamond box on reset week you’ll have enough of the new Proofs to get the espec.

I usually complete the 6/6 diamond box multiple times per week, so if the new skirmish chests will just award similar amount of the new currencies, I will accumulate it quickly.

I still think the new currency and proof of heroics should be merged sooner or later.

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

in the stress tests and preview weekend, the pof hero points were 10 each, if that gives you some indication (it might change… i guess)

Thanks…I didn’t see how I could determine that with the elite traits already skilled up.

in WvW

Posted by: northlion.7608

northlion.7608

This leaves me with 2 questions:

1) Will I still be able to buy the items sold by Legendary Commander War Razor that require proof of heroics with the old currency or will these items require the new currency aswell?

2) If the new currency replaces the old Proof of heroics in skirmish chests, where will we earn the old proof of heroics for HoT runes , sigils and recipe’s, when our “endless” supply runs out?

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Does this mean that HPs will be different pools or just that unlocking PoF HPs will require a different currency that adds to the existing HP pool? Appreciate your time.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.