Winner goes up Loser goes down 1 tier system.

in WvW

Posted by: iohc.6208

iohc.6208

Mag and BG have been fighting over months in t1. There has been only once or twice

that one of the servers dropped down to t2 and didn’t fight each other just for a week.

When a new server comes up to t1, the server goes fairweather so quickly hoping to go

back to t2. But, it takes weeks to drop down to t2, and bg and mag just fight each

other until a new server comes up. The new server goes fairweather within a week and

everyone wants to go back to t2. Since this has been happening over and over for

months, people on mag and bg are getting burnt out. BG doesn’t even come out to

fight anymore these days. Literally there is nothing to fight in NA prime time in T1.

I am tired of wasting my time to rally up for fights and ending up hitting doors.

It doesn’t make sense how t3 and t4 have more fights than t1 does. Not that I am

saying t1 should have more fights, but people in t1 are more eager for fights in general

compared to the people in low tiers. It’s not even worth playing in t1.

WvW needs a new system ASAP or this game mode will disappear in history soon.

I suggest this " winner goes up loser goes down 1 tier" system.

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

Anet have it set up so that eventually all the servers in T1 will die from a stale boring match up. They won’t do anything about it or the game mode in general. They had a vote on 1 up 1 down and people voted for rewards instead. Pve players deciding wvw’s fate yet again. we couldn’t even vote against the crappy 543 system.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

It doesn’t make sense how t3 and t4 have more fights than t1 does. Not that I am saying t1 should have more fights, but people in t1 are more eager for fights in general compared to the people in low tiers.

BS – many people that want to fight realized long ago rolling around in lag inducing map que blobs isn’t fighting. (might be ok if the servers could handle it) We have found more fights in t3 in the 20-40 range this past month then we saw in quite some time. I believe many of the guilds were T1 escapees……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

Here is the thing with 1 up 1 down. It doesn’t change population balance. However, it stops stagnant tiers. It would have indeed allowed someone like TC to escape Tier 1. A rotation does keep people on servers and stops bandwagoning and mass transfers because of the tier itself.

However because it doesn’t change imbalance, using it for the sake of balance shouldn’t happen. I agree that 1 up 1 down is better than 5 ,4 , 3. I also agree that if Arena Net can’t properly use Glicko, they should dump it for a more simple solution and apply their focus to balance instead.

The issue with the polls as we all know, is that they give so little information based on it and we’re not game designers nor can we all agree. In a game like Guild Wars 2, the hardcore player that drives the WvW scene is the minority to the casual player that logs on for any given reason. To leave these decisions up to the mass is dangerous. Especially given the fact, that in this live beta each change permanently effects every single server and community even if it’s reverted.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

1 up and down solves nothing. Just spreads the suffering, maybe brings “fresh bags”.

There is a huge imbalance currently, that’s what has to be solved first. We need a system where every team has a chance to fight back. There is no 3rd server that can compete with BG & Mag currently, but that can change quickly, and then there won’t be anyone to “compete” with that new monster sized bandwagon of the moment.

The linking system was good for a while, but failed long time ago. There can’t be competition as it is now. Doesn’t matter who’s fault it is, things must change. The players can’t or won’t on their own.

WvW is still very fun, despite class problems and so on, unless one side simply overwhelms the other with numbers. Beyond the PvF accusations and those “don’t do it, stop blobbing” and the likes — no player has the power to change this situation. No “leader” can do this. No “server” can do it. I hope the devs understand this: the players are to blame, but you are the ones who CAN change things. You need useful metrics and changes based on those. A new system.

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

1 up and 1 down is a rather meaningless change. It would be a waste of resource if Anet decided to work on that.

With constant repairing and manual glicko adjustment, we are already getting a variety of matchups. But a variety of matchups does not mean fun and balanced match ups.

The fundamental problem here is that you have two servers that are stacked by hardcore WvWers. Whoever gets rotated into T1 will not enjoy the matchup. This is not something you can solve by 1 up and 1 down.

Also remember, if you happen to have a balanced tier, 1 up and 1 down could make things worse by rotating in a much weaker server every other week.

in WvW

iohc.6208

To Excition,

lots of hardcore wvw guilds in T1 already transferred out T1 in the past two months
like MAS, SEAL, REKZ, and ETC. The stacks already got loosen a lot.

In addition, T1 means T1. U complaining about t1 servers having more hardcore WvW
players is like you, as an ordinary person with a BS degree getting paid 50k a year,
complain to ur boss about why a person with a master degree gets paid 100k a year.
People in t1 have been putting more time and effort and overcoming the hard and
boring matchup to stay in the tier. At this point, if u still wanna complain about it, I got
nothing to say to you. This issue is not something to be solved by Anet. Its how the game mode has been going. If a strong one exists, a weak one does. Law of nature.

Since 5/4/3 changed nothing so far but making more odds, 1 up and 1 down may be an option to prevent the T1 servers from being stuck in t1 and getting same match-ups over and over.

(edited by iohc.6208)

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

Those T1 people, always working so hard. That still won’t solve the population imbalance. Plus, what T1 people are we talking about here? The ones who were on the servers last week? Two years ago? The folks who show up just long enough to capture enough PPT in order to not drop down?

The time to implement what you suggested would have been two to three years ago.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

It doesn’t make sense how t3 and t4 have more fights than t1 does. Not that I am

saying t1 should have more fights, but people in t1 are more eager for fights in general

Your premise is flawed. To be in Tier one, you do not have to look for fights nor be eager for them. And likely, it was more PPT that raised a server vs PPK (Though there have been some legendary periods for Mag over the years with PPK)

Not saying that there are not guilds on T-1 that enjoy and look for fights, it is just that those guilds are in EVERY tier. Though, your perspective likely means that most of them left, and you are left with mostly PPT focused groups.

One up, one down would not solve the issue you are stating. If anything, it is more likely to get some of the t-2 guilds to tank matches to keep from being the “Lucky server to go to T-1”

The other problem with 1 up 1 down, is that theoretically, a bottom tier server could win their way to tier one in 4 weeks. Not sure that is the healthiest model either. (I can see the intentional manipulation now.. Not that anyone would do that of course….)

Now, some form of a hybrid of the current and the 1 up 1 down would likely be a manageable solution.

What, pray tell that is, is beyond me.

in WvW

iohc.6208

To Strider Pj,

If a bottom tier server wins their way to tier one 4 weeks in a row, that means the server is good enough to be one of the three t1 servers in any aspect. The other than that, its impossible to make it to t1. Think about it, do u really think one of the servers in t4 can win 4 weeks straight in a row against jq sos and FA that are stacked by so many guilds.

If u wanna approach this hypothetically, anything can happen. Wake up.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

To Strider Pj,

If a bottom tier server wins their way to tier one 4 weeks in a row, that means the server is good enough to be one of the three t1 servers in any aspect. The other than that, its impossible to make it to t1. Think about it, do u really think one of the servers in t4 can win 4 weeks straight in a row against jq sos and FA that are stacked by so many guilds.

If u wanna approach this hypothetically, anything can happen. Wake up.

Wow. Wake up? I really didn’t think my post warranted that rude of a response. I believe you read the rest of my post where I said some form of a hybrid of your idea and our current system would be good.

Yes, I gave a hypothetical, and we have seen a LOT of gaming the system here, so no, while it would be unlikely, I would not put it past an alliance of guilds to game it.

But anyhow, it’s my opinion. Nothing else. ????

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

To Excition,

lots of hardcore wvw guilds in T1 already transferred out T1 in the past two months
like MAS, SEAL, REKZ, and ETC. The stacks already got loosen a lot.

In addition, T1 means T1. U complaining about t1 servers having more hardcore WvW
players is like you, as an ordinary person with a BS degree getting paid 50k a year,
complain to ur boss about why a person with a master degree gets paid 100k a year.
People in t1 have been putting more time and effort and overcoming the hard and
boring matchup to stay in the tier. At this point, if u still wanna complain about it, I got
nothing to say to you. This issue is not something to be solved by Anet. Its how the game mode has been going. If a strong one exists, a weak one does. Law of nature.

Since 5/4/3 changed nothing so far but making more odds, 1 up and 1 down may be an option to prevent the T1 servers from being stuck in t1 and getting same match-ups over and over.

LOL wat? I was not even complaining about anything.

I was merely stating the fact that 1 up 1 down is a meaningless change when you already have dev manual adjusting glicko and keep repairing servers.

I am not even complaining about T1 because I have never been in that tier. It is all the other ppl in this thread stating that they don’t enjoy it. This is just a simple fact. Players made their choice by transferring out of T1

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Mag and BG have been fighting over months in t1. There has been only once or twice

that one of the servers dropped down to t2 and didn’t fight each other just for a week.

When a new server comes up to t1, the server goes fairweather so quickly hoping to go

back to t2. But, it takes weeks to drop down to t2, and bg and mag just fight each

other until a new server comes up. The new server goes fairweather within a week and

everyone wants to go back to t2. Since this has been happening over and over for

months, people on mag and bg are getting burnt out. BG doesn’t even come out to

fight anymore these days. Literally there is nothing to fight in NA prime time in T1.

I am tired of wasting my time to rally up for fights and ending up hitting doors.

WvW needs a new system ASAP or this game mode will disappear in history soon.

I suggest this " winner goes up loser goes down 1 tier" system.

As others have said. This change will not solve the problem with the whole mechanic of the game mode. Number of Players directly correlate into irrefutable power. Zerging is so heavily push by design in the mode that, nothing else matters.

T1 is the worst tier in the game to find fights. All of the PPT and PvD lovers have already stacked two servers leaving no room for others to compete. Because again in WvW numbers matter more then skill and tactics in GW2. So since all of the PvD and PPT lovers have already stacked on two servers. Most of the fight oriented players and groups left, will find no enjoyment in T1 anti-fight mentality. Then when you add in the fact that inorder to push that mentality on the server coming into the tier. They will just laugh as they blob them to demoralize the new server from playing in the tier. Thus again avoid the possibility of a actually fight.

Actually compare to other Triple A title RvR-like games and MMORPG on the current market. GW2’s WvW is the absolute worst by design for a fight oriented type player or group to play. Nothing but misery awaits such people. Oh and btw the way all of the Main GW2 WvW fight guilds and players. Either barely plays WvW anymore or don’t play at all. All that’s left truly in WvW are causal by gaming term of the word (PPT and PvD oriented type players.) That’s why out of prime time on nearly all of the WvW servers there is nothing but players and guild actively avoiding fights to k-train and PvD.

The system is working as intended. This is what ANet wanted to promote. This is what WvW is.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys