Wondering about server reputation.

in WvW

Posted by: Archon of Victory.6938

Archon of Victory.6938

Hey all, so I’m a roamer from a server that I am more or less hating. I was thinking of transferring to SOS but have no idea what the people are like or what the server’s rep. is. Otherwise, I’d be open to suggestions for which servers are roamer/skill-group player friendly.

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

This thread created by Luvpie about SoS should cover a lot of questions on how SoS operates. Though the section detailing our guilds is outdated by like 5 months, some other parts may be outdated too. ((Pages 3 and 4 show the guilds that have joined SoS recently.))

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Sea-of-Sorrows-Version-3-0/first

We have a good spread of guilds for all styles of play, which ever you’re most interested in. Which time zone do you mostly play? I could give you a better idea about what guilds and how they play are on around that time, as well as contact info.

If you find yourself playing outside of your usual timezone, all of our guilds are very welcoming of others to join in on their havoc/small ops/skill groups.

Our server has an incredibly strong community which has stuck together through thick and thin, climbing the ranks again with all of our original guilds intact.

We ALWAYS come out to fight, and bring our ‘A’ game, no matter who we are versing.

We do not buy guilds, or pay for anyone to transfer here. We don’t want to attract those kinds of players. We want to build a tight community of players who want to succeed as a server, and have a heap of fun. Over the last few months we have had quite a number of guilds transfer here for this very reason, and they are really enjoying it here.

It is impossible to tell what the players are like without experiencing it, but I guarantee you if you come to SoS, you’ll make this your new home It’s also very easy to jump into one of our guilds and our server teamspeak and fit in right away.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

(edited by thaooo.5320)

in WvW

Posted by: Muramasa.6487

Muramasa.6487

Try guesting there.

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

I am under the impression that guesting doesn’t work for WvW, only for PvE.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

On a scale of 1 to 8, how much do you enjoy your roaming?

Pick the tier that matches your answer.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

If you want more candid and frank advice go to our community website at

www.Gw2WvW.net and post it there

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Hey mate, i’m from SOS and i can tell we are actually going to be focusing our recruitment on roamers and small ops groups as it is somethign we lack. The general culture of SoS is very laid back (why so many guilds come here and stay here) there is a lack of ego’s almost no in server fighting and everybody just gives each other the personal space to play the game as they please.

If you have any questions ingame feel free to pm me ingame or mail me i’ll answer all your questions

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

SoS is in a really strong position right now in terms of guilds, so I’m sure roamers would be much appreciated.

Watching SoS rise up in ranks has been pretty awesome. They were a great fight during leagues.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Hey mate, i’m from SOS and i can tell we are actually going to be focusing our recruitment on roamers and small ops groups as it is somethign we lack. The general culture of SoS is very laid back (why so many guilds come here and stay here) there is a lack of ego’s almost no in server fighting and everybody just gives each other the personal space to play the game as they please.

If you have any questions ingame feel free to pm me ingame or mail me i’ll answer all your questions

Agreed, I like where SoS and SBI are heading.
Looks like we’ll be seeing plenty of each other in the future as we swap between tier 2 and 3 =)
I like that we get to take turns beating on maguuma! =)

~Tarnished Coast~