World Ability Point refund?

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

Since the removal of the vendor selling the Gift of Battle, and thus (for me) the instant reduction of Badges of Honor’s value to near zero, is there a chance to get a refund of the Ability Points spent to increase Badges of Honor drops in the Provisions Master track? I feel the 35 Ability Points spent in the 5th pip is just a huge waste now as I’m stuck with more Badges than I will need anyway..

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

Nah, i don’t feel like going through all characters and putting all masteries to max.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

You should be given an option to reset. A reset button would be very helpful to new players. That way players who do not wish to reset , do not have to, yet keeping the game new player friendly and allowing new guys that don’t have their abilities maxed and are not sure where to place them can actually put them where they need and if they make a newbie mistake can start over once they understand what they actually do. A reset button for each character would be really nice.

Often the vets who already have everything maxed take for granted if they want their beloved game mode to grow, you need to keep it a welcoming environment for new players so they can be able to enjoy, learn and help in the game too.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

You know that gift of battle vendor you want? Yeah we’ve been asking for a reset vendor for close to three years now.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I would suggest a reset button as well.

It’s obnoxious to people that have everything maxed out to have our points occasionally reset, and for everyone else it’s unnecessarily penalizing.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Once upon a time, there was a reset vendor for traits, and they eventually removed it, and revamped the whole system twice ; it’s free now.

So I think that wouldn’t be a bad thing they put a free reset button for these too… Well… Some day ?

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

You should be given an option to reset. A reset button would be very helpful to new players. That way players who do not wish to reset , do not have to, yet keeping the game new player friendly and allowing new guys that don’t have their abilities maxed and are not sure where to place them can actually put them where they need and if they make a newbie mistake can start over once they understand what they actually do. A reset button for each character would be really nice.

Often the vets who already have everything maxed take for granted if they want their beloved game mode to grow, you need to keep it a welcoming environment for new players so they can be able to enjoy, learn and help in the game too.

If you could reset it any time you wanted players would basically be more than maxed out at 100ish points. They need to use a ram, do a quick reset and max out ram mastery, need to use a ac, reset and max that out, etc.

They should just reset the points every 2 months when they reset pairings, but this should only be implemented once they have included a “fill all” option.

I am so tired of having to manually fill every line for all of my characters

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

They should’ve given the opportunity to reset them several times before.

not that it matters to me. I got all the WvW abilities and 1k points to spare, but it just seems like something that should be in the game to make it easier for new players that don’t really have an idea what’s best to spend points in the first hundred ranks.

especially when adding a new wvw ability.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I don’t see the point of giving a reset. Play WvW long enough and you get all the points you need anyway. It doesn’t take long to reach that point either.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

If you could reset it any time you wanted players would basically be more than maxed out at 100ish points. They need to use a ram, do a quick reset and max out ram mastery, need to use a ac, reset and max that out, etc.

They should just reset the points every 2 months when they reset pairings, but this should only be implemented once they have included a “fill all” option.

I don’t see the problem with them being able to do that this age of the game. Vets already have a hand up on them for everything else, nothing is going to be harmed by a new guy having to change his points around all the time for something vets do not even think about anymore. Who cares if they can use a ram? An AC? Many already do, letting them do it just makes it a bit more balanced for new players. At least the ones who figured out that they have to set those at all since so many new players run around not even knowing how to set those points hahaha!
I say give everyone a reset button on each character that just resets that character they can use at will. I could care less if they have to fidget with it and do pain in the butt every time they want to use a piece of siege when vets don’t have to mess with it at all anymore. I just think that makes the game a bit more new player friendly than it currently is. Considering the state of WvW anything to help new players get caught up, the better as far as I am concerned. WvW desperately needs new blood coming in.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

You know that gift of battle vendor you want? Yeah we’ve been asking for a reset vendor for close to three years now.

Actually no. “We” have been asking for something to do with 4k+ useless points…..

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Still waiting to instantly fill the next 20 masteries they release for wvw… :/

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Najten.2418

Actually, I find the idea of a reset button a very good idea. For obvious reasons (like people swapping freely just to max a new track cuz they jump off an AC and man a Cata..) the button should only work while you are outside of WvW. It would be preferable to a full reset for everyone.

Also, to anyone saying “just get to Rank 1000+ and max all the tracks out!”
Yeah… I know how long it took me to get past 400. I don’t want to wait another 3-4 years to max out all the tracks instead of having a reset WHEN they change stuff that alters values of tracks.. ok? Not everyone does WvW every minute they’re logged into the game you know. >.<

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I don’t see the point of giving a reset. Play WvW long enough and you get all the points you need anyway. It doesn’t take long to reach that point either.

Well, that’s actually my argument for people being able to reset on their own. If you play enough it’s a non-issue for yourself anyways.

I don’t want them deciding there should be a reset at some time on the future and I have to manually refill them on each character.

This would only benefit people gold and above since those don’t care which points go where anyways, as well as benefiting new players.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Actually no. “We” have been asking for something to do with 4k+ useless points…..

Lol you can mail some to me. I’m still below 1K after almost three years.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

You don’t need to have max all lines to be effective. Many of the lines are laid out in a way where you can get “max dmg” with like 35ish points. And even so, just focus the 5 or so must haves and fill the rest in later.

-supply capacity
-ram
-cata
-whatever else

You don’t need 1k points, you don’t need a reset.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I don’t blob so I don’t use the ram, but I have an unhealthy fixation with trebs

I’d still like a reset vendor. Cos I don’t blob.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

the instant reduction of Badges of Honor’s value to near zero

https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/badges-of-honor

1 silver, 12 copper per badge. Nope, not near zero value.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

the instant reduction of Badges of Honor’s value to near zero

https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/badges-of-honor

1 silver, 12 copper per badge. Nope, not near zero value.

My thought exactly. I have no use for my badges so I trade them in for Badge of Tributes and make 30+ silver for every 30 badges. Blows my mind how people think there is no value in something you just get for no reason when doing WvW lol..

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Najten.2418

You don’t need to have max all lines to be effective. Many of the lines are laid out in a way where you can get “max dmg” with like 35ish points. And even so, just focus the 5 or so must haves and fill the rest in later.

-supply capacity
-ram
-cata
-whatever else

How good that you know what I need and don’t need.. And I suppose you’re right, I don’t need one, I can just give up on this whole WvW crap since most people in here seem arrogant as f anyway, and I apparently spent all my points in the wrong places anyway.. I don’t need any do-overs and neither does anyone else that’s just stupid enough to not be a jaded expert to begin with. Wonder why people hate WvW? You’re a shining example of the attitude that keeps a lot of my friends away..

And when it comes to the value od Badges of Honor; Like I said.. near zero, and to me.
I know I can use them for Badges of Tribute, which (assuming they all sell at the estimated price) would net me just over 100g.. it’s just not a lot of money to me. It’s also not what I was collecting and saving them for. Thus, to me they’re now quite useless. So giving me a chance to refund the points spent in gaining more of them would be nice.

And honestly, I can’t say I would feel more sorry for someone that has to click multiple times to max out all their Abilities again, than someone that has to gain 35 or more ranks to fix a mistake. I’d prefer a button or vendor to reset them “by choice” to save people the trouble but I’d still take an all out reset if that’s the only offer..

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

-supply capacity
-ram
-cata
-whatever else

How good that you know what I need and don’t need.. And I suppose you’re right, I don’t need one, I can just give up on this whole WvW crap since most people in here seem arrogant as f anyway, and I apparently spent all my points in the wrong places anyway.. I don’t need any do-overs and neither does anyone else that’s just stupid enough to not be a jaded expert to begin with. Wonder why people hate WvW? You’re a shining example of the attitude that keeps a lot of my friends away..

And when it comes to the value od Badges of Honor; Like I said.. near zero, and to me.
I know I can use them for Badges of Tribute, which (assuming they all sell at the estimated price) would net me just over 100g.. it’s just not a lot of money to me. It’s also not what I was collecting and saving them for. Thus, to me they’re now quite useless. So giving me a chance to refund the points spent in gaining more of them would be nice.

And honestly, I can’t say I would feel more sorry for someone that has to click multiple times to max out all their Abilities again, than someone that has to gain 35 or more ranks to fix a mistake. I’d prefer a button or vendor to reset them “by choice” to save people the trouble but I’d still take an all out reset if that’s the only offer..

Well….
you are not going to last long.

in WvW

Najten.2418

Well….
you are not going to last long.

Nopes.
Neither is the majority of new players that try out WvW for the first time now three years in. It’s incredibly overwhelming, it’s super difficult and time consuming to fix any mistakes made in your point distribution, the majority of the WvW community offer little or no help, and usually people in there are quick to berate any mistake made. It’s not a very welcoming environement.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

As for the purpose of this thread, I have to say that I don’t want world ability points refunded personally.. I think an OPTION to refund them would be good, but since my main account is almost rank 3000, I would love to not have to go to each of my 15 level 80 characters on the account and max out all of my points on each character again.

For my alt account that is only rank 300 or so, I’d like to be able to refund those points so I can move them around for the new provisioning things, but I am also not really opposed to just getting more ranks either.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds