World Ability Points Reset?

in WvW

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Q:

I see the WvW Fall Tournament is coming, not to mention the addition of Golem Mastery and the new trick Siege Disabler. With that being said, does this mean that we can expect the world ability points to be reset like they were in the past?

in WvW

Posted by: Jessica Boettiger.2563

Jessica Boettiger.2563

WvW/PvP/Skills Principal QA

Next

A:

Traditionally WXP points have always been reset with the start of a new tournament. I don’t think this will be any different this time around.

Aye. World Ability Points will be reset at the start of the Fall Tournament.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Save the WEXP-points you make from now on and you easily will have 75 points to spend on the new golem mastery when it appears.

So far there is no trap mastery as far as I know.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Gummy.4278

Save the WEXP-points you make from now on and you easily will have 75 points to spend on the new golem mastery when it appears.

So far there is no trap mastery as far as I know.

I know about the lack of trap mastery, that was not what I was going for ……knowing that the new siege disabler trick(this is a trick not a trap btw) will be available someone may want to try and put points in another mastery say instead of ram’s they might want to switch to treb’s since it might make it harder for that trick to get played.

But also allowing you to change up other points so that you may try the new golem mastery as well…

in WvW

Gummy.4278

still want a dev to give a solid on this!!!

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Last time reset was about a week or so before the season started. I’d imagine it will be the same thing time around.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Traditionally WXP points have always been reset with the start of a new tournament. I don’t think this will be any different this time around.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Can you please work out a better way to do rather than just a complete wipe. I would rather have the ability to add and subtract points from lines rather than have to do over the whole thing.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

For those of us that either do not want to redo our entire wxp point distribution or (in my case) we have enough points that we can just buy the new traitlines flat out. I don’t want to go through all my characters and mindlessly click through to re-spend my points. Eventually, i would expect this to be more required because of the higher wxp gain to new trait ratio…

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

SO it seems that world ability points are now reset just before a season starts. Anet, please keep this consistent so that your player base can know exactly when the reset will happen.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

SO it seems that world ability points are now reset just before a season starts. Anet, please keep this consistent so that your player base can know exactly when the reset will happen.

More to do with golem mastery than tourney I think….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo….. I don’t want to redo 13 characters, it’s so annoying to give them all the traits again.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

I agree. No reset! It’s not needed.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

are you people seriously complaining that you have to spend 30 seconds clicking per character?

in WvW

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Wow

Complaining people who don’t want to click wxp points…
Which takes what? 20 seconds per character?

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

This occasional reset for leagues/major changes is quite bad design, isn’kitten
(Lol, what’s wrong with isn’t_it?)

Either it is unchangeable or it’s changeable at players choice (e.g. via NPC), anything else is just inconsequence and inconvenience .

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

inbound WxP reset @ gemstore >:D

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Can you please work out a better way to do rather than just a complete wipe. I would rather have the ability to add and subtract points from lines rather than have to do over the whole thing.

+10 to this…redoing 10 characters is a pain. +/- adjustments would be fantastic!

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Giving the tournament npc the ability to reset wvw points once per character during the season might be a good alternative.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Lol after the last reset I was running around with no traits and didn’t even realize it.

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

This ^^pretty please with a Cherry on top

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in WvW

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

To be fair, there is no real reason for a reset like the previous times, a good number of the WvW players have everything maxed out or already picked the lines they want to put their pts in.

I currently dont have all lines (dont eotm + took a break), so im just keeping my pts to use for golem instead of wasting them for stuff i never use or need.

Nothing drastic is being added, before it used to be a new line or 2 every 2 weeks which did make a big difference. And people were very low on pts as it was a new addition (and with many lines), which is not the current case.

in WvW

Posted by: Lilbitwacke.1380

Lilbitwacke.1380

I welcome all and any resets, even the entire DB!

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

A reset is a great thing and players should be able to reset points as needed.

in WvW

Posted by: Jessica Boettiger.2563

Previous

Jessica Boettiger.2563

WvW/PvP/Skills Principal QA

We feel it’s important to offer players the chance to adjust their world ability point selections at the start of a tournament, but I understand how it can be tedious to have to spend those points again across all characters. Being able to reallocate points at any time, in a manner similar to our trait system, is feedback that I will definitely bring to the team, for future consideration.

Thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Thanks, we really appreciate that.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Alfwyn.8704

Alfwyn.8704

Being able to reset points at almost any time would probably be abused: Got the guard stacks? Fine, now redistribute to carry more supply, after picking up supply, redistribute to siege abilities.

But reset by speaking to an NPC near spawn would be really nice.

in WvW

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

For people with the points to max everything, a reset has not too much sense, no? I mean, maybe the reset should ignore (not reset) that players.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Ahhhh the MMO communities… Never satisfied with anything…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: MrFluffy.9307

MrFluffy.9307

how does one pronounce your last name?

I’d like to believe it would be Bow-Tiger xD

Hi

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

We feel it’s important to offer players the chance to adjust their world ability point selections at the start of a tournament, but I understand how it can be tedious to have to spend those points again across all characters. Being able to reallocate points at any time, in a manner similar to our trait system, is feedback that I will definitely bring to the team, for future consideration.

Thanks!

A few more months (maybe) of the EotM karma/badge/wxp train, and there might be a few players that are not maxed in everything. May as well have an option to keep all your skills maxed if they are already there anyways.

in WvW

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Thanks!

Would be great if we could reallocate at any time. I’d like to play around with the points in different places on different classes to see which I prefer.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

(edited by Katz.5143)

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Being able to reset points at almost any time would probably be abused: Got the guard stacks? Fine, now redistribute to carry more supply, after picking up supply, redistribute to siege abilities.

But reset by speaking to an NPC near spawn would be really nice.

That could easily be fixed by having the guard stacks vanish if you swap out the WXP points to something else, similar to how sigil stacks disappear if you swap out the weapon.

However, your idea about speaking to an NPC in the spawn point to reset points is a fine compromise, and one I would support.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraal.4975

Kraal.4975

Are there talks of another tourney? I didn’t realize these things were so scarce. I heard you could reset points so i just started using them as i got them. now i have a bit more experience with wvw i’d like to concentrate on specific line but cant without a reset…

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Nice necro!
I believe with the wvw-traits revamp with HoT will come a reset, but we’ll see.. At least we will get back our points which were spent on Guard Stacks as they’ll be removed..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140