World Ability Points - why?

in WvW

Posted by: Mixistrike.7840

Mixistrike.7840

Heys guys, why can’t we reset world ability points??

in WvW

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

“character progression”

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Programmer/Developer Laziness

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in WvW

Posted by: Achilles.3128

Achilles.3128

WXP is still a fairly new addition if I’m not mistaken. Most likely it’s on their to-do list.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Because you can just get more.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Mixistrike.7840

so, some day will I have all mastery?

Because my problem is, I change the goal of my character and now I can’t back all points that I learned until now.

are you fine with these?

ps: ( sorry, english isn’t my main language )

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

WXP is still a fairly new addition if I’m not mistaken. Most likely it’s on their to-do list.

I’m 98% sure they’ve said that this is how they like it and they aren’t changing it. kitten the players.

Or maybe I’m just confusing that with other reasonable player ideas.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

so, some day will I have all mastery?

Because my problem is, I change the goal of my character and now I can’t back all points that I learned until now.

are you fine with these?

ps: ( sorry, english isn’t my main language )

Yep.

Think about whether you’re buying something that you actually need before buying it.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Mixistrike.7840

I’m sure about what I’m doing, but I wanted to change, simple like that, I didn’t make any mistake, just wanted to change.

and there is another variant, they are putting skills at the game…

in WvW

Posted by: Markadis.9012

Markadis.9012

I agree with the OP, they need to add a WXP retrainer. Just make it cost 10g to retrait each time so we don’t have to worry about anybody abusing the system.

Server- Blackgate
Characters- Levicus (Ele); Levicus Gear (Eng);
Levicus Shield (War)

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Programmer/Developer Laziness Hearing Problems.

FTFY. They aren’t listening to us.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Achilles.3128

Achilles.3128

I’m 98% sure they’ve said that this is how they like it and they aren’t changing it. kitten the players.

Sorry, was mistaken. I’m just getting back to the game after half a year so I’m a bit behind on the news.

I guess they figure since you will eventually get all the abilities available there really isn’t any need to reset points. They’re probably trying to avoid world abilities becoming a system where you just swap your points depending on what situation you’re in.

But even so wouldn’t it just make more sense to implement a weekly or monthly limit on how many times you’re allowed to reset your points? So Idk.

in WvW

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

They do listen, but they simply don’t care what we think.

I’m still waiting for them to nerd Defence against Guards then sell a WXP reset item in the gem store for 500 gems.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

The official reason, I think, is in this regard they want each character to be individual and not a generic account character…

I think, Devon? one of the devs said its not going to be changed, no matter what, wxp and the passive WvW skills are going to stay soulbound…

That’s they way they want it, that’s the way it will be…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

The official reason, I think, is in this regard they want each character to be individual and not a generic account character…

I think, Devon? one of the devs said its not going to be changed, no matter what, wxp and the passive WvW skills are going to stay soulbound…

That’s they way they want it, that’s the way it will be…

I’m sure they’ll will come up with all sorts of magical fixes once the next great thing is released, whatever that might be.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Sorry, was mistaken. I’m just getting back to the game after half a year so I’m a bit behind on the news.

I guess they figure since you will eventually get all the abilities available there really isn’t any need to reset points. They’re probably trying to avoid world abilities becoming a system where you just swap your points depending on what situation you’re in.

But even so wouldn’t it just make more sense to implement a weekly or monthly limit on how many times you’re allowed to reset your points? So Idk.

I think this is the reason for no reset. They don’t want people to just swap as needed for each fight. They want you to set your points so you build your character to a job in WvW and stick to that. Also since the points don’t have a reachable limit you can possibly get them all.

If this is the case, I would say putting a CD on the reset would work, say 24 hours? Also I would prefer the cost to be in badges not gold (something that is WvW specific) My idea is 1 badge per point reset. That way new characters would have a low cost vs veteran characters would have a much higher cost.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

If you really want it, you’d better hope that it isn’t on ANet’s to-do list. That’s where all good things go to die. Your best tactic is to never ask for it and to pretend you couldn’t care less about it … then it might suddenly appear out of nowhere in a patch.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

If you really want it, you’d better hope that it isn’t on ANet’s to-do list. That’s where all good things go to die.

It sure seems like it.

Your best tactic is to never ask for it and to pretend you couldn’t care less about it … then it might suddenly appear out of nowhere in a patch.

Cynical, but true. With the exception of culling (which should never have been a thing), updates to WvW have mostly been things we didn’t ask for.

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I think this deserves a red-name response.

Time gate it, require badges, gems whatever you want. At the end of the day, we should be able to retrait, especially in a still-unfinished environment where new skills are being added.

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

I agree with the OP, they need to add a WXP retrainer. Just make it cost 10g to retrait each time so we don’t have to worry about anybody abusing the system.

It could cost Badges of Honor. Gold is still sensitive for WvW dedicated players who do not get as much gold as dedicated PvE players

[ROCK]
Desolation

in WvW

Mixistrike.7840

Thanks guys to understand my point, and thanks for the awesome ideas.

I think this deserves a red-name response.

At the end of the day, we should be able to retrait, especially in a still-unfinished environment where new skills are being added.

That is it

in WvW

Posted by: AcidMage.9508

AcidMage.9508

The thing is they add new abilities, enhance ability trees further, and there might pop something we really want, however it costs, i dont know, like 100 ranks points, and we will just become frustrated as to why we put points on other trees.
This is the biggest problem, if they weren’t adding new skills, imo, tough cookie, you chose what you chose, now no going back.. However, they add new things, and we cant get to them.. for example.. last patch the trebuchet mastery.. If someone was “oh, how nice, i want that”, and starts investing points in it, suddenly…. A patch appears!!!
A flame ram mastery comes with the patch, and the person already investing in treb mastery thinks.. oh thats even nicer, i want that, but now i have invested 50 points into treb mastery, and it will take me another month to max it out.. what shall i do, go for flame ram mastery? or continue treb mastery just cause you started it? if u go 50 points, you are also investing in the “final outcome”, being when you get it maxed out and take full advantage…
I think A-Net should really have a think about this, and in some way enable us to reset points, even if its like once week with each matchup… Or every patch maybe…
I would even say 500 or 600 gems in the TP, i wouldnt mind at all! Arena Net, just name your price, but atleast give us an option!!!

[VcY] Velocity Asura Elementalist – Acid Trust
Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

I’m thinking a week (or better yet, 6 days, 12 hours) cooldown on changes and 50 badges. You get one respec per matchup, and a small but not insignificant investment in badges. Also, put a respec guy in LA too, so we can use him while waiting for reset.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I die inside a little more when this question is ignored.

in WvW

Mixistrike.7840

Yeah =(

another good idea!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

You can’t reset WAPs because it would require someone to design an interface mechanic for it.
That would take a developer away from more important tasks.

I mean, we could have something like that, but it would mean having to spare someone from the kite-and-balloon development department. Perhaps for several minutes…

It’s just unthinkable.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Anet doesn’t want you to be able to swap out wxp points for other things on an as needed bases.

For example, for you to switch out your defense against guards for AC, cannon, and trebuchet masteries when your stuck in a keep defending it. Then swap back later. They want the choices you make to have some level of permanence.

I would be in favor of some sort of quarterly reset option, which might work with anets ideas for the system, but the reason you cant reset any time you want is so you cant get the mastery for whatever your using at the time.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

All you need to do is clear the points whenever you reset your traits at the ‘trainer’.
Simple as that.

It’s not open to abuse. Anyone who wants to do it has to leave WvW and get back again – that’s enough of a disincentive.

There seems to be some sort of technical problem, probably something to do with the way they’ve stored the data, that makes it difficult or impossible for them to do this without wiping a whole section of the database.
If so, that’s really bad news.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Programmer/Developer Laziness Hearing Problems reading problem.

FTFY. They aren’t listening to us.

You know they read forums not listejn to forums?