World Linking 1/6/2017 NA discussion

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

EU has a discussion thread, so NA could use one too. Please keep it clean and keep the heckling to a minimum, there’re other places for that. The currently linked worlds are (copypasted from the locked linking thread):

Here are the worlds for NA:
• Jade Quarry
• Yaks Bend
• Blackgate
• Maguuma
• Tarnished Coast
• Sea of Sorrows, Gate of Madness
• Fort Aspenwood, Darkhaven
• Dragonbrand, Borlis Pass, Anvil Rock
• Northern Shiverpeaks, Kaineng, Ferguson’s Crossing
• Stormbluff Isle, Eredon Terrace, Sanctum of Rall
• Henge of Denravi, Ehmry Bay, Devona’s Rest
• Crystal Desert, Isle of Janthir, Sorrow’s Furnace

(I spellchecked :P)

For me, it’s nice to be back with GoM. They’ll cover SoS’s EU pretty decently, while FA’s biggest gap, SEA, gets well covered by Darkhaven. I’m pretty satisfied with these linkings on both my servers, though that SBI triple link looks a little scary imo.

(edited by Namer.9750)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It is mindboggling that they actually think the top 5 servers have approximately equal populations

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

5 servers vs JQ and their still losing.. Yet JQ cant even outperform TC, which is practically a dead server… Yeah healthy game here.

JQ subsidiary

(edited by displayname.8315)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

5 servers vs JQ and their still losing.. Yet JQ cant even outperform TC, which is practically a dead server… Yeah healthy game here.

Yeah shows how many players have left

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Yea, that’s pretty obvious if you examine glicko ratings.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

DrakHoobama lol

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: thebeaRRRRR.8640

thebeaRRRRR.8640

wtb things to fight against during offhours. please bring jq back up to t1 anet.

[AHMA] Giam Chye Cha Loti
Ele, guardian
Ultimate Dominator

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

SBI triple link looks a little scary imo.

2 dead servers? Nah…
Altho GSCH omniblob will fit nice in SBI omniblobbing ways.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Last evening made me log off after 10 minutes with the new pairings. It’s so empty and boring.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

It is mindboggling that they actually think the top 5 servers have approximately equal populations

what he/she said……. AND locked at that….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

Well Anet has done went and screwed the WvW players again. The linking is working well for the T1 and T2 servers but is still punishing the lower Tier servers. Looks like Anet will be losing yet more WvW players that seem to be moving on to other games.
Four years and Anet still just can’t get WvW right.

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

Well Anet has done went and screwed the WvW players again. The linking is working well for the T1 and T2 servers but is still punishing the lower Tier servers. Looks like Anet will be losing yet more WvW players that seem to be moving on to other games.

Most T1 and T2 servers don’t even have a link. what are you going on about?

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

wth are you smoking? they locked the top 5 tiers and gave them no links. tag up and give me a ktrain in wood league.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Pure joke installed the game, and already unninstalled it, ktrain all maps where the server i play is already outmanned at the weekend… its even worse than it was before.

Anet fix style, “we inovate by broken our own stuff”.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Stuck with DB for another couple months just sucks. Off hour servers are often a frustrating experience for NA Prime players.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Stop making CD a host server, last merging we didn’t win a single week out of the 9 weeks we were merged, and most those weeks we had a max of 5 first place skirmish victories throughout an entire week. Stop. Everyone left CD when you guys made it a 4server merge and stuck us in t4 for 5/6 weeks with no way to get out until you manually adjusted our glicko.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Stop making CD a host server, last merging we didn’t win a single week out of the 9 weeks we were merged, and most those weeks we had a max of 5 first place skirmish victories throughout an entire week. Stop. Everyone left CD when you guys made it a 4server merge and stuck us in t4 for 5/6 weeks with no way to get out until you manually adjusted our glicko.

CD took DH place as host server… Either you die as bad as Darkhaven, or you’ll remain host.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: brurno.8471

brurno.8471

CD took DH place as host server… Either you die as bad as Darkhaven, or you’ll remain host.

Im from SF, we got link with CD and IoJ , and i wanna die, this is going to be 2 months of 3rd place.. the other servers double our numbers we cant do anything… i refuse to play this way, thanks Anet i hate you….. 2 months!!!!! my god

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Im from SF, we got link with CD and IoJ , and i wanna die, this is going to be 2 months of 3rd place.. the other servers double our numbers we cant do anything… i refuse to play this way, thanks Anet i hate you….. 2 months!!!!! my god

My main account got linked with a backcap/ppt hero server. I can’t stand it…..no anet I’m not transferring and giving you gems.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

CD apparently is top 12 biggest server, even if it is the last of top 12, it is still top 12.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw

CD would have to drop below 1528 glicko points before next relinking to cease to be a host server.

If the scoring changes to 6/5/4 for each skirmish, it will be impossible to actually lose glicko points. It may not be mathematically possible to drop that low in 2 months at 2/1/1 either.

As someone on SoS, I’m not sure I like that somehow we’ve been in T2 for 2 weeks now. Neither of our links have allowed us to be competitive with JQ.

That said, all 4 maps had a queue for most of the first skirmish post-reset last night. Not sure how I feel about that, I couldn’t switch toons.

in WvW

Posted by: brurno.8471

brurno.8471

CD apparently is top 12 biggest server, even if it is the last of top 12, it is still top 12.

all the day outnumbered in ebg and home bl….

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

all the day outnumbered in ebg and home bl….

Try 2 years of that at the bottom of T8.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

If CD do not want to be host server, I assume need to shake off enough players to drop out of top 12. I wonder which you would prefer. But you from SF, so you can’t speak about CD. So, either number 13 or 14 server become fat enough to replace CD or CD continue to be host server.

PS: I saw outman buff during OCX and SEA too, so no worries, we got outman buff too!

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

Maybe one way to populate the lower rank servers is to make them host servers.

For example, instead of SOS hosting GoM, make GoM the host.

So in 2 months, make all the 13th – 24th ranked servers hosts and top 1st-12th linked servers.

If BG were to link with ET, it would be ET hosting.

If ET – BG link were to staying on the top, ET would likely receive a lot of transfers because the visibility of being the host while the larger servers would likely to shrink.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Feel sorry for ioj.

Happy with hod/ebay again ;-)

in WvW

Posted by: Urmagesty.9362

Urmagesty.9362

Attention Anet: (moderator, if I may)

As far as I see it, Crystal Desert is finished as a main server. It doesn’t matter whom we are merged with we continue to be crushed week after week and month after month and always Outnumbered. We have no ocx coverage against the servers that just flip everything we have as we lower in population. The morale on CD is critically low. Many have quit the game entirely. Some have transferred to release themselves from the prison CD is currently in. Many are looking elsewhere to play while the diehards will submit to the punishment the other blob and overpopulated servers dish out against CD. We have not moved in position for months on end. We have not even had a change of area…(red) and is becoming nauseating to see let alone that gigantic desert map that gets cleaned out by the blobs. I speak for many on my server and we pretty well had it. Fun has since been eroded by the unjustified negligence from Anet. Not caring or offering some sort of resolution for my server is nothing short of appalling and a disgrace. If you have any shred of dignity as a company that is suppose to at least address the concerns of their player base when raising our voice out for help let it be now. We need you to help us resolve this matter.

I realize we are but one server and can easily be dismissed but let us not resort to that which comes easiest. Negligence is not the answer. And for others to say they have had this situation on their server for a year or what have you, then I say, why did you allow it for that length of time to continue on without voicing yourselves? Regardless, this is for Anet as players can not resolve this frustration as they are not part of the dev.

I ask you Anet to please look into this matter. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

The day that this becomes the norm in GW2’s WvW would be the day I once again starts worshiping GW2.

When ANet do a full 180 in WvW like these guys, and allow skill and tactics to outshine mindless omni-blobbing will be the day I re-fall in love with GW2.

- Imagine a session in WvW where skill becomes a thing that is actually rewarded.

- Imagine a session of WvW where it don’t matter how much potatoes server stack against you, if you and your 8 man group are completely squared away and they are just mindless zerglings they die and your group gets to loot the field. If ANet allows this to rule supreme in WvW in GW2, server stacking would be a forethought if even that.

- In this game AOE caps are being reduced again next month to push less zerging/blobing and more tactical fighting and objective capturing. I firmly personally agree that if ANet start following suit and start nerfing the omni-blob meta that, just like ESO went from dead to now 3 full campaigns of players fighting each other. I just know in my heart if this was also a thing in GW2, that WvW yes…. ANet would have started on the path to Making WvW Great again.

- As I reinstalled GW2 yesterday and started playing just to find that I can roam BLs and EBG around for 2 hours only finding one DH willing to halfway fight while the others on the BL just actively run away from any type of 1v1 and just PvE/PvD/K-Train camps in Tier 2 WvW.

Needless to say after 2 hours of finding only 1 fight in T2 WvW I decided to play this game. It’s like ESO and GW2 was slowly switching places and now that phenomenon is starting to speed up drastically.

We need Arena Net to come to terms, that population will never be balance as long it’s he who has more numbers win, vs he who has more skill and tactics over his/her enemies wins no matter the amount of numbers the enemy throws at him/her.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

Anet can’t balance fairweathers. population is there but only when X server is winning. Can break it down to scrims to look. When CD is winning fights there’s a map queue. When there’s an unknown tag, or ranger danger tag. It’s prolly outmanned.

Can break it down from higher tiers too. FA outmanned when they got steamrolled map queue vs map queue, now they got 4 queues on reset. BG/TC same phenomena. When Mag steamrolls them, it’s outmanned. When they drop to t2 and steamroll others. people can’t get on the map to compliment each other how wonderful they are at ktraining.

Player mentality is about looking for easiest wins. Anet can’t fix that. players have to fix that. how many guilds still comp out and train?

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

DH can go play in the freeway! Terrible link imo. Most do not know how to do more than spam 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

CD needs it lol. Ya’ll a bunch of pew pew, spam 1, fight under siege guilds. CD blob of 40 could not even handle a open field fight with our 15 peeps lol. Better yet Maybe Anet should give you one more server so I can get even more bags lol.

in WvW

Posted by: headraver.4862

headraver.4862

its a useless format to try and balance wvw stop doing it anet think of somthing else plz

in WvW

Posted by: avey.4201

avey.4201

CD with a zerg of 40? Let me know when that day happens, because I’ve only seen zergs of 10-15 vs zergs of 30+.
I like to roam around alone either hanging out, or finding 1v1, although it ends in 1v1-2 door humpers, or being jumped on by 3.
[Outnumbered] is an all day joke, sure I don’t have to repair armor, but give us the ability to fight multiple people.
Break their armor for repeatedly entering a door while in combat, maybe while damaged as combat lasts awhile, because they won’t come out to fight anyhow.
I’ve found myself alone on either opposing BL, quite common to only find 3-5 on an opposing BL while both opposing sides have a large group or several decent sized groups in all maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

CD needs it lol. Ya’ll a bunch of pew pew, spam 1, fight under siege guilds. CD blob of 40 could not even handle a open field fight with our 15 peeps lol. Better yet Maybe Anet should give you one more server so I can get even more bags lol.

Attachments:

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: avey.4201

avey.4201

Such a surprise, our 8person group should suffice.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

- In this game AOE caps are being reduced again next month to push less zerging/blobing and more tactical fighting and objective capturing. I firmly personally agree that if ANet start following suit and start nerfing the omni-blob meta that, just like ESO went from dead to now 3 full campaigns of players fighting each other. I just know in my heart if this was also a thing in GW2, that WvW yes…. ANet would have started on the path to Making WvW Great again.

We need Arena Net to come to terms, that population will never be balance as long it’s he who has more numbers win, vs he who has more skill and tactics over his/her enemies wins no matter the amount of numbers the enemy throws at him/her.

AMEN BROTHER
kill the aoe cap watch wvw grow to massive numbers again

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

The day that this becomes the norm in GW2’s WvW would be the day I once again starts worshiping GW2.

When ANet do a full 180 in WvW like these guys, and allow skill and tactics to outshine mindless omni-blobbing will be the day I re-fall in love with GW2.

- Imagine a session in WvW where skill becomes a thing that is actually rewarded.

- Imagine a session of WvW where it don’t matter how much potatoes server stack against you, if you and your 8 man group are completely squared away and they are just mindless zerglings they die and your group gets to loot the field. If ANet allows this to rule supreme in WvW in GW2, server stacking would be a forethought if even that.

- As I reinstalled GW2 yesterday and started playing just to find that I can roam BLs and EBG around for 2 hours only finding one DH willing to halfway fight while the others on the BL just actively run away from any type of 1v1 and just PvE/PvD/K-Train camps in Tier 2 WvW.

Needless to say after 2 hours of finding only 1 fight in T2 WvW I decided to play this game. It’s like ESO and GW2 was slowly switching places and now that phenomenon is starting to speed up drastically.

AOE caps were initially implimented in this game for technical reasons, I still remember the days of unlimited AOE bombing, but the servers and game in general just couldn’t handle it.

Likewise, I have a strong feeling that they are being reduced again for same reasons to help alleviate some of the extra stacks of everything, skill effects and passives that HOT powercreep brought with it.

Not saying that having a good enough infrastructure to run the game is not on A-Net, it is, but just pointing it out. If they leave things as is, then the current levels of skill lag will never improve.

As for the video, this is how things were largely back in the days all the way until the 1st WVW tourney, and things still are to a large extent. Any small to medium organized team with decent builds / team comp and on voice coms can pretty much still own any unorganized and crappy build map que. It is what the current EOTM farming is about if you want to see it.

In the main WVW mode most people nowadays run somewhat adopted builds, either offensive or defensive and there is a much higher percentage of people using voice coms. It is not uncommon to find 40-50-60 players in a single channel on TS at prime time.

There is no way you can kill a semi-organized group like that with just 10-20% of their number. If there is, then there are balance issues which need to be addressed.

So take that into consideration, what you do on your vid is the equivalent of EOTM farming, which is still doable and being done once in a great while.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Such a surprise, our 8person group should suffice.

I remember that day, and it’s still the same this week. I’m not even trying anymore.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Linking should be done away with.

Soon, like yesterday.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Linking should be done away with.

Soon, like yesterday.

So we go back to the terrible stale matchups we had before? Yeah, great plan…