Devona’s Rest, Sea of Sorrows
Ferguson’s Crossing, Yak’s Bend
Fort Aspenwood, Sorrow’s Furnace
Gate of Madness, Kaineng, Tarnished Coast
Henge of Denravi, Sanctum of Rall
Jade Quarry
Maguuma

Discuss, Complain, Whatever.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

World Linking 4/28/2017 NA discussion

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

From SEA prime time perspective, particularly server time 1pm to 4pm….

I don’t like how CD and EB are linked, there are at least total 3 sea guilds there.
I also don’t like how DB and DH are linked, there are at least total 5 sea guilds there.

Then, NSP don’t have any SEA. YB also don’t have any noticeable SEA.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Having been blobbed around by SBI last week, did they really need a link? The only plus to that is I don’t think there are really a lot of peeps left on AR that WvW so they didn’t really get many. The best part is I know some of the AR peeps…and they are my guildies so we get to play whack-a-guildie. They are currently up by one >.<

All of that aside, I often think Anet uses alcohol and a blindfold along with darts and all of the server names on a wall to determine links.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

in WvW

Posted by: Red Owl.5649

Red Owl.5649

No links for BG, Mag or JQ… so they got something right this time.

Mods, stop deleting my posts.
Sorry(not really) for my bad English.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I thought SoR was EU lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

RIP Off-time for NSP

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

inb4 one grain of salt procs moderator missile strike

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Is it really that hard to pair BG with enough enemies that they don’t automatically win the matchup in under 24 hours?

Shouldn’t that be…. like a thing you focus on when balancing?

I mean if any borderland should get a free ride it should be an alliance of all the little guys that always lose.
What they did to Yaks bend the last few weeks was decent ‘at the start’. Just it turned absolutely brutal for them when they closed the server…cutting off all their oxygen and escape routes.

Without a doubt.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

No link for Maguuma to cover those offhours and two links for TC. Kind of odd.
Other than that things seem somewhat close to being in order.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I very much doubt they take that into consideration.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Is it really that hard to pair BG with enough enemies that they don’t automatically win the matchup in under 24 hours?

Shouldn’t that be…. like a thing you focus on when balancing?

I mean if any borderland should get a free ride it should be an alliance of all the little guys that always lose.
What they did to Yaks bend the last few weeks was decent ‘at the start’. Just it turned absolutely brutal for them when they closed the server…cutting off all their oxygen and escape routes.

Without a doubt.

I’m still not sure how BG wins so easily. They’ve been one of the few servers we managed to paper EVERY single one of their objectives during SEA time.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Kovu.7560

Perhaps, but they should.

~ Kovu

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Perhaps, but they should.

~ Kovu

It wouldn’t lead to any more balance though since matches can be won by coverage. It would just be rewarding servers that stack to blob in one specific timezone with the idea that Anet will provide the coverage to ensure match win.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Kovu.7560

Mag’s NA isn’t any more “stacked” than JQ’s or FA’s, or at least not with the previous set of links.
Most of the NA servers under this system have comparable NA. T4’s Crystal Desert have been consistently holding their own against T1’s Blackgate, at least during NA.
As you say, matches are won by off hour coverage — its decided by the offhour guilds, what servers they want to play on and by this whole system of linking servers in attempt to balance the matchups.

Giving all servers links in an attempt to cover their weaker timezones should be the whole point of this system. Not, for example, stacking DB’s SEA with DH’s and leaving their EU & NA to get kitten on.

~ Kovu

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Giving all servers links in an attempt to cover their weaker timezones should be the whole point of this system.

I don’t think we can afford to pay for a full time ANet staff to monitor & adjust server links & glicko 24/7.

That is why they fail.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Mag’s NA isn’t any more “stacked” than JQ’s or FA’s, or at least not with the previous set of links.

You misunderstand. Mag is a Full server. FA is not, which is why it keeps getting a link. Where are all these Mag players do you wonder?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Kovu.7560

Sleeping after 10 PST.
Only the good lord knows why Mag is a full server.

~ Kovu

in WvW

morrolan.9608

You misunderstand. Mag is a Full server. FA is not, which is why it keeps getting a link. Where are all these Mag players do you wonder?

The anet population calculation remains a frustrating mystery despite apparently changing to a more relevant algorithm.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

I think they close mag because of the crying on the boards and reddit about everything and anything mag does. the near 3 kdr doesn’t help.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Maguuma has so much brotherly love to give, it would be awesome to expand our family with some Asian and European friends. But I think KDR plays role in server population, that’s why we closed. Dominant game play means Anet needs to place handicaps on good servers. Like Mike Tyson fighting a highschool amateur.

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Mag are currently ppting hard TC in dead hours, but they ppt hard back too and in active hours they put more people in the field, they still have people around which apparently werent playing when were vs FA and JQ

JQ currently has the worst NA and Reset players in the history of WvW, and strong SEA/OCX people, they even play EU times and sometimes NA hours because they would have 0 ppt, they lost a big pump without AR and SoR, they used to fill empty slots and pump activity in active hours

BG still being BG, if they win they play if they lose they go to eotm, they are full for sure they are still stacked

SoS and FA got a nice pump with their new links, without them they would lose more people in the same hours when they are active, because their links dont cover what they are missing

SBI has not enough coverage and players, AR wont pump them

CD got enough to pump higuer than SBI

TC got a pump too for ppt hard magumma in dead hours too or atleast to go vs them in active hours with GoM and kaineng

HoD and his link chilling around, same applies to NS and his link, they cant compete where currently they are and arent in the same tier, when they should be

YB and his link are destroying DB and his links, dunno if coverage only problem, but DB and links get ppt hard too

that is about it, bye

I took an arrow to the knee

(edited by JemL.3501)

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

the matches should be

JQ, Mag and BG
FA, SoS and TC
CD, YB and DB
SBI, NS and HoD

but anet is being anet, probably barely have 3 people working for wvw and one of them play once per week and in BG

bye number 2

I took an arrow to the knee

(edited by JemL.3501)

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Mag are currently ppting hard TC in dead hours,

Mag doesn’t have the off hours guilds that ppt hard. Home BL is red BL so mag will be ignoring that for the most part the whole week, thats not what I call ppting hard.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Mag are currently ppting hard TC in dead hours,

Mag doesn’t have the off hours guilds that ppt hard. Home BL is red BL so mag will be ignoring that for the most part the whole week, thats not what I call ppting hard.

I knew it…….
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhXOVQprYxk

Dtox