World Linking 6/24/2016

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

Worlds have now been re-linked.

We have reset glicko volatility and deviation for all worlds to the same value, but have left their rating unchanged (this includes worlds that were previously guest worlds but are now host worlds). Just to reiterate, resetting glicko volatility and deviation will result in greater rating shifts in the first few matches. This will give worlds the opportunity to move into their ideal matchup tier much faster.

Here are the worlds for EU:
• Baruch Bay (SP)
• Kodash (DE)
• Riverside (DE)
• Elona Reach (DE)
• Dzagonur (DE)
• Abaddon’s Mouth & Miller’s Sound (DE)
• Drakkar Lake (DE)
• Jade Sea (FR)
• Augury Rock (FR)
• Vizunah Square & Arborstone & Fort Ranik (FR)
• Piken Square (EN)
• Seafarer’s Rest (EN)
• Gandara & Fissure of Woe (EN)
• Desolation & Ruins of Surmia (EN)
• Aurora Glade & Blacktide (EN)
• Far Shiverpeaks & Vabbi (EN)
• Gunnar’s Hold & Underworld (EN)
• Ring of Fire & Whiteside Ridge (EN)

(edited by McKenna Berdrow.2759)

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

The problem still exists, that certain servers to bandwagoning, if you haven’t got any preventive measures in place. Unless it’s all intended to make WvW seem active, eventually even Vabbi lost numbers, the only thing keeping PPT and Deso #1 was night capping.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: AllIsVain.6409

AllIsVain.6409

• Vizunah Square & Arborstone & Fort Ranik (FR)

fixed this for you

Lootballs – Elementalist

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Daredevil.2745

Daredevil.2745

Seriously?? You linked Desolation again??? This server should not be linked with anyone, does smb in Anet favours Deso and want deso never drop from 1-2 place? Otherwise I don’t understand the logic of linking Deso with Ruins of Surmia.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Darigen.2309

Darigen.2309

So after Abaddon now Drakkar Lake is the next server that is actually weak when speaking of active WvW population that gets slapped in the face by the linking thingy.

GJ anet… and just mentioning: Desolation is the least server that needs to be linked to anything…

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Ummm…<raises hand meekly>…can we get what the new pairings for NA will be?(I know we haven’t reset yet)

Just so we know…:)

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Cool thanks for posting the info, looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Daredevil.2745

I demand a poll about unlinking Desolation, wtf wrong with you, Anet?

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: bernstein adelheid.8590

bernstein adelheid.8590

It’s quite strange to see that desolation and gandara have a linked server once again.
It make me wonder how really filled these two servers are.
Can we get any clarification about that? Please?

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Don’t link BG, give the bottom pairing a third pairing. Like Main server + DH + whatever server would have gone to BG

Just as a test. i would like to see if BG had no pairing, how much would they still win by

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Seriously?? You linked Desolation again??? This server should not be linked with anyone, does smb in Anet favours Deso and want deso never drop from 1-2 place? Otherwise I don’t understand the logic of linking Deso with Ruins of Surmia.

I am quite sure the server linking is based on actual measured active WvWvW players and not on certain players personal opinion. Desolation+Vabbi actually had very low numbers in past week, outnumbered “buff” on most maps, even outnumbered at night time and mornings. So I am more surprised that Gandara got paired.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Don’t link BG, give the bottom pairing a third pairing. Like Main server + DH + whatever server would have gone to BG

Just as a test. i would like to see if BG had no pairing, how much would they still win by

I bet they could completely unlink BG, and BG would still win by at least 50k each week.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Daredevil.2745

I am quite sure the server linking is based on actual measured active WvWvW players and not on certain players personal opinion. Desolation+Vabbi actually had very low numbers in past week, outnumbered “buff” on most maps, even outnumbered at night time and mornings. So I am more surprised that Gandara got paired.

Sure, and you lost only this week and only because enemies were tryharding and focusing you PPT wise (and even 2vs1 u had enough people to get almost the same score as the enemies). Always funny to hear from a Deso about low numbers (especially at night!)

(edited by Daredevil.2745)

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well, gratz on all the gems that’s going to be spent on transfers back to servers people liked playing on I suppose. Would be interesting to see some graphs over the amount of transfers that’s going to occur now.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

My question: Are servers that are linked to Full servers also marked Full? Or are they medium so that people can just bandwagon to them?

Also, if BG is linked at NA reset then we know this whole linking thing is a waste of time and Anet really don’t have any data and we all should’ve voted against linking.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Lion Sheet.1267

Lion Sheet.1267

Anet plz, Deso and Gandara dont need linked.

Taranis Mabón,Chartahari [OdS][ECDO]
Baruch Bay

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: BOA smid.1783

BOA smid.1783

None of the servers in EU linked with full servers are showing full. That will likely carry over to BG when NA reset happens. And I did vote against linking. Anyone in lower tiers could already tell you that this hasn’t fixed anything.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Dandilion.2537

Dandilion.2537

Greetings,
I am a player on the server Whiteside ridge, which is a fairly low population server that’s always been in or around bottom tier. We were originally linked with the server Ring of Fire which is also, as far as I know, a fairly low population server. I’ve enjoyed playing with the other server for the past couple of months, but was looking forward to the relink and the opportunity to play in higher tier servers and not be stuck in the bottom tier every week. Relink time comes, and we’re partnered to the same server again: Ring of fire. From what I’ve heard, and understandably so, many people on the two servers in the linking are quite annoyed that we’ve ended up together again. This is not because we dislike each other in any way, it’s because we know that this means we’re now stuck in bottom tier again for a long time. I and many others were looking forward to a change but instead we’re stuck doing the same thing all over again. It’s making me consider giving up on wvw altogether for now, which is the only thing I’m playing the game for at the moment. Is there likely to be another re-evaluation of the server linkings in the future, or is the only way we’re likely to experience higher tiers of wvw through spending all my money on transfers, and having to leave everyone I’ve come to know on this server behind? I’m not intending this to come across as rude, and I like the changes that have been made so far to world vs world, but the prospect of staying bottom tier indefinitely has really made people want to play a lot less.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Teon.5168

None of the servers in EU linked with full servers are showing full. That will likely carry over to BG when NA reset happens. And I did vote against linking. Anyone in lower tiers could already tell you that this hasn’t fixed anything.

I’m on Kaineng, and getting linked to a T1 server certainly increased wvw action for us. We went from being almost a ghost town in wvw to suddenly having pretty much non stop activity in wvw. Sure, the blob warfare gets tiring, and roaming and havoc squads are a lot more challenging to do, but yea…..linking has definitely ‘fixed’ some things for the lower tiers.

And yea, it does come with problems….like loss of server identity, etc. But the linking has definitely given those of us on the lower tiers that wanted more action….it has given us lots more action.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: BOA smid.1783

BOA smid.1783

I’m on Kaineng, and getting linked to a T1 server certainly increased wvw action for us. We went from being almost a ghost town in wvw to suddenly having pretty much non stop activity in wvw. Sure, the blob warfare gets tiring, and roaming and havoc squads are a lot more challenging to do, but yea…..linking has definitely ‘fixed’ some things for the lower tiers.

And yea, it does come with problems….like loss of server identity, etc. But the linking has definitely given those of us on the lower tiers that wanted more action….it has given us lots more action.

Well glad it solved your problems then. The T3/T4 are taking up whereT6-T8 left off I guess. It may have made things better for you, but hasn’t fixed things elsewhere.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Teon.5168

Well glad it solved your problems then. The T3/T4 are taking up whereT6-T8 left off I guess. It may have made things better for you, but hasn’t fixed things elsewhere.

Oh, I understand that. From reading here and on reddit, as well as listening to opinions in the game, it seems that the linking has done different things for different folks, depending on who they get linked to, how their server viewed wvw, etc.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

if this was what you wanted all along, why didn’t you transfer? pretty sure the gold to convert to gems wasn’t that hard to get over the 3 years to do it….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Soooo many kills while roaming…. cause I can find targets now.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Teon.5168

Also, I should mention that I do have 2 accounts. 1 is on Kaineng, my main server, while the other is on FA, a T2 ‘host’ server. So when I get tired of the constant blob warfare on T1, I can easily jump to my other account and enjoy a less blobby wvw server/world. A world where there is more havoc squads and roamers…..there are still blobs, but not near as bad as T1. Plus, a lot of the large open field fights aren’t as grossly massive as on T1.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Teon.5168

if this was what you wanted all along, why didn’t you transfer? pretty sure the gold to convert to gems wasn’t that hard to get over the 3 years to do it….

I did, quite a few times, especially when Kaineng really started turning into a ghost town before the linking. But my wife has her main account on Kaineng, and she likes to wvw with me, instead of by herself. So I bought a second account awhile back when they were on that $10 sale, got a couple characters to 80……and now I can keep one account on Kaineng wvw, and another account on another server that is a little less blobby.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Teon.5168

Yup…..never any shortage of targets anymore, that’s for sure. Certainly nothing like what Kaineng had become before the linking, huh?

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: CaptainCaveman.7348

CaptainCaveman.7348

Anet don’t you dare mess up and pair BG on NA.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Daredevil.2745

They will link BG again as they did with Desolation. Anet favours some servers by god knows what reason.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Liston.9708

They will link BG again as they did with Desolation. Anet favours to some servers by god knows what reason.

and leave the guest unlocked? if so, what is the point of linking…

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Kylden Ar.3724

Yup…..never any shortage of targets anymore, that’s for sure. Certainly nothing like what Kaineng had become before the linking, huh?

No not at all.

While BG has really good coordinated zergs though, I was surprised at how many of their Roamers I could easily solo. Course, some of them might have been some of our old foes from ET, but I didn’t recognize anyone.

Honestly, I’d like to see 5 tiers this time around. But I’m not sure how they’d arrange that.

Also, I’d like Kaineng to stay with TC, as I do got friends there now and I’m used to them. But I can live with anyone except being paired with YB. I’d like to get the chance to fight GoM again, we had some good wars back in the day…

Kylden

(edited by Kylden Ar.3724)

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Daredevil.2745

the most funny thing, Anet link Desolation which is ranked 1 for months due to massive population advatage (especially at EU nights), and didn’t link some other servers struggling to get numbers in top tier. What’s the logic?

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Scamp.5296

Scamp.5296

Mmmm…where’s NA?

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Kylden Ar.3724

Mmmm…where’s NA?

Not till sometime just before or after reset tonight I would imagine. So, about 9-10-ish, PM, US EST.

Kylden

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

and leave the guest unlocked? if so, what is the point of linking…

They could simply link 3 servers at the bottom end of the tier together.

Let’s say this were to happen. and BG still wins every week without slowing down… nothing will change.

Let’s say it happens and BG loses to TC (while linked) … unlikely but if it were to… shortly after i would assume TC would then be unlinked in the near future as well.

The servers that are unlinked should be linked to the lower tiers then. As in EU there are some 3 server pairings

It’s kinda a touchy subject though, because in BG’s defense and the EU equivalent… this could be seen as match manipulation by Anet. I believe this is something that the devs have probably had a few water cooler conversations about already, many times.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

On a positive note, they did link 3 servers together. So that may hint that BG is not linked and there is a 3 server link in NA too.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Gruulwraith.4278

Gruulwraith.4278

So last time you killed Abaddon’s Mouth being the only mid tier German server with no link, all other non-linked German servers dropped too, giving Millers to Drakkar so they could handle/beat servers right above them but still lost to servers +2/3 ranks up, now leaving Drakkar alone which will certainly kill the whole server and next new Linking it will be the other way round again? Good job (feel like speaking some insulting words but well…). This is just ridiculous then seeing a server like Deso, which has ALWAYS been a top tier server linked again. I can’t stop laughing, sry, don’t know what numbers you are using but if they are correct, work on another way to link servers.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Teon.5168

On a positive note, they did link 3 servers together. So that may hint that BG is not linked and there is a 3 server link in NA too.

Wouldn’t it be interesting if they unlinked BG, then linked the current lowest wvw population servers together and put those 3 into the current T3 or T4 wvw. Wonder how that might work out?

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Brainsick.2516

Brainsick.2516

All the NA players discussing their linking under the EU ones
WP trump voters

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Liston.9708

WP trump voters

na links will be here too in a few hours

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

WP trump voters

I guess they need to space out the gem income or it will crash the servers.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Liston.9708

WP trump voters

nah based on reset. I hasn’t happened in NA yet

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Peppel.9736

Peppel.9736

I’m from Whiteside Ridge.

It´s good that we stayed with RoF.

Why are there 3 French server linking? Vizunah Square & Arbor Stone & Fort Ranik (FR) VIZ + AS are already strong and have a server more.

Deso has again with a guest server, sry, bad joke.

Why didnt get WSR & RoF, the weakest Team of the EU servers, a weak server too?

Tinka – Whiteside Ridge WSR - It’s a game, have fun and be kind to others
Slow-death-of-the-forgotten-Guest-server

(edited by Peppel.9736)

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

WP trump voters

nah based on reset. I hasn’t happened in NA yet

I’m sorry I forgot the /S.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Eladamri.2437

Eladamri.2437

So last time you killed Abaddon’s Mouth being the only mid tier German server with no link, all other non-linked German servers dropped too, giving Millers to Drakkar so they could handle/beat servers right above them but still lost to servers +2/3 ranks up, now leaving Drakkar alone which will certainly kill the whole server and next new Linking it will be the other way round again? Good job (feel like speaking some insulting words but well…). This is just ridiculous then seeing a server like Deso, which has ALWAYS been a top tier server linked again. I can’t stop laughing, sry, don’t know what numbers you are using but if they are correct, work on another way to link servers.

Just like Dzagonur, who built up one of the most loyal wvw communities and managed to rise from 26 to 11 in 2 years time. Only to not get a partner twice and drop to 15 again (was 17 in between as well).

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Gruulwraith.4278

Gruulwraith.4278

Just like Dzagonur, who built up one of the most loyal wvw communities and managed to rise from 26 to 11 in 2 years time. Only to not get a partner twice and drop to 15 again (was 17 in between as well).

Sorry, I completely forgot about you. Feel sorry for you too, although many of your players came from my server.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Haha Daredevil what’s the matter bit salty mate. Anyone that wants to see what Daredevils real opinion is go read: http://www.pevepe.net/gw2/page/1/m/6083582/viewthread/27524960-js-vs-sfr-ar-bg

Kitten commander and a scrub.

Anyway as for the Deso link – we have low numbers but high activity, play WvW with the same people most days and I suppose it gives the illusion we are over populated. Look at the last 2 weeks, we lost some pug commanders, people got bored of PvD and abit of focus – our PPT nosedives.

Gandara seem in the same boat, smart play – no one usually hits their stuff cause it’s generally sieged and plenty of small groups around but they all converge to defend something. Yet whilst they are left around these small groups PPT and back cap faster than any other server – yet sometimes they blob it up and blow kitten up. Yet again just because PPT is high it doesn’t mean they are populated as much as a server that can only cap stuff / defend something with a tag up and someone telling them what to do.

Anet got it right, kept t1 populated enough to keep it interesting whilst keeping healthy populations in the lower tiers to keep people amused / having fun. The French servers all together is probably causing an amusing amount of drama but atleast now if you get a crap matchup you only have 1 French server to fight instead of 2 at once, will give you another random server to have fun with at the same time.

Lower tier gameplay / preferences / “game style” is slowly dying out and the the majority want multiple active maps / blobs / multiple guilds to fight so anet are slyly merging more servers together to create more population across the board with fewer tiers. Soon “blue / red / green” EOTM style WvW won’t seem bad because server identities are going to keep the game healthy.

Anyway Desos a blast, had many “enemies” spent years fighting now merged with us and had fun, games fun for now, so stop being salty guts and just play

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

so..US servers? where’s that info?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Liston.9708

so..US servers? where’s that info?

reset isn’t for 3 1/2 more hours

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Mrs Qurly.9372

Mrs Qurly.9372

Haha Daredevil what’s the matter bit salty mate. Anyone that wants to see what Daredevils real opinion is go read: http://www.pevepe.net/gw2/page/1/m/6083582/viewthread/27524960-js-vs-sfr-ar-bg

Kitten commander and a scrub.

Anyway as for the Deso link – we have low numbers but high activity, play WvW with the same people most days and I suppose it gives the illusion we are over populated. Look at the last 2 weeks, we lost some pug commanders, people got bored of PvD and abit of focus – our PPT nosedives.

Gandara seem in the same boat, smart play – no one usually hits their stuff cause it’s generally sieged and plenty of small groups around but they all converge to defend something. Yet whilst they are left around these small groups PPT and back cap faster than any other server – yet sometimes they blob it up and blow kitten up. Yet again just because PPT is high it doesn’t mean they are populated as much as a server that can only cap stuff / defend something with a tag up and someone telling them what to do.

Anet got it right, kept t1 populated enough to keep it interesting whilst keeping healthy populations in the lower tiers to keep people amused / having fun. The French servers all together is probably causing an amusing amount of drama but atleast now if you get a crap matchup you only have 1 French server to fight instead of 2 at once, will give you another random server to have fun with at the same time.

Lower tier gameplay / preferences / “game style” is slowly dying out and the the majority want multiple active maps / blobs / multiple guilds to fight so anet are slyly merging more servers together to create more population across the board with fewer tiers. Soon “blue / red / green” EOTM style WvW won’t seem bad because server identities are going to keep the game healthy.

Anyway Desos a blast, had many “enemies” spent years fighting now merged with us and had fun, games fun for now, so stop being salty guts and just play

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Mrs Qurly.9372

Mrs Qurly.9372

It’s just hard when you make friends with players on another server, then have to fight with your ‘enemy’ against them. So from the point of view of one of those smaller servers who have been re-merged, today does not feel great. It’s like we have been Brexit-ed against our wishes. :-(