World Linking End

World Linking End

in WvW

Posted by: StinkyLord.7950

StinkyLord.7950

It is possible to know when the linking beta will be over ? The poll did suggest in favor of linking but here are my questions:

1. When will the linking be reseted ?

2. Will a server be able to detach itself from a linked server?

3. Or will it be continuously linked with other servers.

World Linking End

in WvW

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

I happen to be logged on so I’m gonna add this. From a purely EU perspective, it’s obvious that the likes of Deso and Gandara did not need to be linked (Vabbi & RoS). I think, generaly, linking went too far up the chain. Oh, and calling it linking or an alliance is a joke atm. I’m on Gandara and I have no idea who the RoS players are. In fact, I couldn’t say for certain that there are Slurmies playing at all. I think that’s a shame.

World Linking End

in WvW

Posted by: Metalman.6345

Metalman.6345

I think that Vabbi and RoS have almost no players, therefore joining them with any big world wont make any difference. I am not a big WvW player, but when i went in there on RoS, there were like 5 max 10 people in. Since the world linking i can actually play because there are always people on the map.

World Linking End

in WvW

Posted by: Metalman.6345

Metalman.6345

As for the question:
1) I believe Anet said something about changing the links once per quarter(though im not 100% sure on that)

World Linking End

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

It is possible to know when the linking beta will be over ? The poll did suggest in favor of linking but here are my questions:

1. When will the linking be reseted ?

2. Will a server be able to detach itself from a linked server?

3. Or will it be continuously linked with other servers.

This first linking is supposed to last 3 months. After that, not sure.
But the linking has been made permamnent, per the poll, and Anet’s announcement after the poll was closed, so your number 2 question is a moot point.

And when I say that the linking is permanent…..I mean the linking itself, not that the pairings will be permanent. Pairings will change some over time.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

World Linking End

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Frequency of re-linking will be an upcoming poll based on Tyler’s other thread.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

World Linking End

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Wondering what the smaller worlds linked to the larger think is a good amount of time before re-linking?

Being from one of the larger worlds I wouldn’t mind re-linking monthly or quarterly, but I wonder what’s on the mind of some of the smaller servers.

World Linking End

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If you think the pairings caused complaints, just wait and see what happens when it ends.
Guilds break apart, “accidental” spies everywhere, TS/community chaos for anyone that hasnt been smart and blocked it via API, viable pairs in their tier suddenly become unviable, friends lost, populations will be just as unbalanced as before after a couple of weeks…

But on the flipside, Anet get an income boost from tons of transfers. That always count for something I guess :/

World Linking End

in WvW

Teon.5168

If you think the pairings caused complaints, just wait and see what happens when it ends.

How do you figure that is going to happen, when the linking has been made a permanent feature of the game? Or are you talking about pairings changing, rather than ending?

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

World Linking End

in WvW

Teon.5168

Wondering what the smaller worlds linked to the larger think is a good amount of time before re-linking?

Being from one of the larger worlds I wouldn’t mind re-linking monthly or quarterly, but I wonder what’s on the mind of some of the smaller servers.

I’m on Kaineng, and I think once a month or bi-weekly would be good.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

World Linking End

in WvW

Posted by: Towatha.4671

Towatha.4671

I happen to be logged on so I’m gonna add this. From a purely EU perspective, it’s obvious that the likes of Deso and Gandara did not need to be linked (Vabbi & RoS). I think, generaly, linking went too far up the chain. Oh, and calling it linking or an alliance is a joke atm. I’m on Gandara and I have no idea who the RoS players are. In fact, I couldn’t say for certain that there are Slurmies playing at all. I think that’s a shame.

A guild from RoS lead the open tag last night for the Gandara/RoS squad. We did pretty well against Debbi and had them on the back-foot most of the time.

But to be fair they did say it was their first raid so I’m guessing they recently moved to RoS for the t1 fights against deso. Anyway they are there, just not in large numbers.

World Linking End

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

A guild from RoS lead the open tag last night for the Gandara/RoS squad. We did pretty well against Debbi and had them on the back-foot most of the time.

But to be fair they did say it was their first raid so I’m guessing they recently moved to RoS for the t1 fights against deso. Anyway they are there, just not in large numbers.

That was a thanks to transfers from another Server, they aren’t originally from RoS.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.