World Mergers ET to BG

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Josheerz.2748

Josheerz.2748

Hey Guys,
Please.
Please.
Please, go back to the drawing board on this one. This ET/BG merger will ruin gameplay for the “casual player.” BG doesn’t want us here and who can blame them? We are casual we play to have fun not to win. I am currently 156th in EB que. Weekends are when I can enjoy playing with my guild and other friends. Please for the sake of ET and Black Gate. Fix this. I love this game and do not want to see my friends slowly stop playing because of something like this. Maybe just merge the bottom 4 servers together! Call it Isle of Anvil Kain Terrace. lol. Anything is better than this. I have faith you will make it right.

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Please dont think that BG doesnt want you here, there is a lot of frustration in dealing with the same issues both our servers are facing right now, queues, lag, change in gameplay etc. We have guilds and players going to eotm because they cannot get into wvw, and considering the reset in glicko today, its just compounding the problem.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: James Rustler.7860

James Rustler.7860

Why did you think combining T8 with T1 would be a good idea? T1 already had queues, and most of the people on the lower tiers are there because they want to avoid the T1 crap. To my knowledge, no one from ET even got in tonight. You want us to find another game to play? Because you’re not letting us play this one.

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: rocksmann.4230

rocksmann.4230

All very constructive points. I agree

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Reposting this from another thread since this one is actually titled for ET

So Tier 8 ET, basically set as the “visiting server” up in the T1 class pretty much got their Guilds locked out of WvWvW. Went from having that couple of hours at a set time that we all get together (at least mine and a couple of other guilds, not all ET guilds) and WvWvW, we now have to spend that time do PVE instead, NOT what we really looked forward to in our time together.
In my opinion, the pairings were poorly done. Small servers don’t want huge big server BLOB battles and queue times. If we did, we would have transferred off years ago. But no, we stuck with our small servers (yes, larger pops would be nice but not MAX population). ET just pretty much lost their identity in WvWvW.
Now this is the first night, so maybe it will calm down later on, but if this is a normal Friday/Saturday night thing, then I’m pretty sure our WvW fun has ended.
Top tiers should have been left alone. Mid tiers, I don’t have any idea what should have been done. Bottom Tiers should have been Linked up as a test for merging to see how it all fit together.

I did happen to get in after a 30 min queue from reset. The remainder of our guild and another guild we run with are still sitting in queue.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Marcus Antonius.1904

Marcus Antonius.1904

Please rethink this merger of the servers. We come from ET T8 and we loved it there no Queues, was able to play with our guilds and our community that we have built. Now for reset we didn’t even get to play WvW. We are now merged with Black gate and if I wanted to play with blackgate I would’ve paid my way there, but i didn’t and never would. The Queues were 150+ for EBG and 100 or less for the BL maps, and we all sat in queue for 3+ hours and moved to 20 in queue, all my guild logged off all of my friends from ET logged off. How is this better? What does this fix? Do you want us to quit? Why did T1 need a merge, or even T2? If your thought process was to show how other servers play WvW I don’t care or want to know. I liked to be able to get on what ever map i wanted and tag up and have my guild and friends follow and finding fights and just have plan old fun. Sitting in queue all of reset night is not fun. I welcome any DEV to our TS and talk to us and tell us how this is to better us, and how this helps you as a company. Please anet, fix this or address this issue with more thought and logic, you may be losing a lot of valuable players. Just a heads up.

Foust

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Being on BG I do have to feel for you guys. And please let it be known that at least I, and other people on the server have no hard feelings towards ET regarding the queues. It was going to happen. BG generally does have very good numbers on reset nights, but then tappers off as the week goes on, (other than EB… because EB) Add in another server’s WvW population, regardless of its size, and it was just going to make things worse. Honestly with something like this, they needed to increase the amount of people per borderland, at least in some way, if this was the only thing they could come up with, or as was mentioned, just roll the lower tiers together. instead of just folding the groupings in half.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

T1 had an occasional queue but the recent changes have brought a lot of players back. In a short amount of time queues will likely revert to normal and become short lived outside of small play time windows. That said, sucks right now.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Anemonity.1264

Anemonity.1264

Still trying to find out where the “BG doesn’t like ET” thing came from. We welcomed ET when they got on YBBL and got told we were hated and they wanted to be paired with YB.

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jwoww.4315

Jwoww.4315

It’s reset, Map queues will not happen every day

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

BG won’t queue 4 map mon ~ friday

let see hows work this week

winnie@BlackGate

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Crusik.6319

Crusik.6319

BG would like to welcome ET! Sorry reset night is a little serious as we push a little harder on the weekends. After tonight the Q’s will calm down a bit. Although EB will likely keep a Q during most hours especially with people coming back to game due to the changes.

Change can be a good thing. Try it out.

If you have any problems or questions please pm or send mail to me in game.

Crusik.6319

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

It’s the 1st day, reset and with the new patch as well it’s a perfect storm.

Sorry if you feel unwelcome ET but lets see how the week plays out. Outside of the weekends we almost never see any queues in BG also i’m sue you all are going to have a lot of fun filling your bags I know lots of the BG OCX players are looking forward to fighting along side you.

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Roadbull.3457

Roadbull.3457

Don’t worry BG, we know that we are welcome. BG never made us feel unwanted, although the only BGers I met were in EOTM. All of ET TS was basically locked out of WvW completely the moment the maps opened. The only ETers that you met were likely a very fortunate few.

Here is hoping our experience is different further into the week. Tonight felt kind of like everybody getting dressed up for a party, showing up, and then having the door slammed in our face =/

Crystal Desert (RIP ET) – FoC Guild Leader

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Anemonity.1264

Anemonity.1264

Don’t worry BG, we know that we are welcome. BG never made us feel unwanted, although the only BGers I met were in EOTM. All of ET TS was basically locked out of WvW completely the moment the maps opened. The only ETers that you met were likely a very fortunate few.

Here is hoping our experience is different further into the week. Tonight felt kind of like everybody getting dressed up for a party, showing up, and then having the door slammed in our face =/

Understandable. A lot of us in BG are used to reset queues so people spam portal as soon as the scores reset to get into the map. it must be frustrating for you guys. Be assured it’s not our intention to log you out we just treated it as any reset and tried to get in ASAP.

But as other said queues aside from EB are generaly reset specific

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Roadbull.3457

Roadbull.3457

Understandable. A lot of us in BG are used to reset queues so people spam portal as soon as the scores reset to get into the map. it must be frustrating for you guys. Be assured it’s not our intention to log you out we just treated it as any reset and tried to get in ASAP.

But as other said queues aside from EB are generaly reset specific

Our rage and disappointment was justifiably thrown ANET’s direction for the queue situation and not you all. We were all prepared for some degree of Queue, but I don’t think anybody was prepared for just how long they would truly be.

Crystal Desert (RIP ET) – FoC Guild Leader

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Ahoskova.7014

Ahoskova.7014

Hello BG,

No we do not hate you, it’s just that it is a big change for a lot of us; a change that we are unhappy about. Let me explain why though:

1-Queues: ET hasn’t had to deal with queues in a very very long time; most of us don’t even remember what it feels like :P That in itself was enough to tick people off. Adding to it we understood that we wouldn’t be able to play on Fridays and Saturdays which is when the majority of ETers play so what’s the point for them to play WvW anymore? We had 1 or 2 people lucky enough to make it in at reset and by the time I logged off at 2am we had a grand total of 6 people in.

2-Identity: ET has built quite the community over the years running PvE, PvP and WvW events regularly, having an amazing team speak, great commanders. So, for a lot of us, it feels like that’s being erased overnight as we are now guests to a party we can’t even go to. We spent the evening in EotM…

3-Not what we though: A lot of us thought the world linking system would involve linking servers of similar populations which we would have been fine with (IE merging tier 6,7 and 8 together).

4-A giant middle finger: Furthermore, a good portion of ETers aren’t originally from ET. Some of us come from a diversity of higher tier servers because we enjoy the the game play of low-pop servers even with the drawbacks. Some of us paid real money to get away from high-tier servers so if feels like a giant middle finger from Anet without any consultation on the matter whatsoever.

Sincerely,
Ahoskova, an ETer who’s looking forward to play with BG regardless.

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: radiantbliss.6875

radiantbliss.6875

A lot of people on all sides found themselves stuck in horrendous queues. I know the knee jerk reaction is to cry, but don’t. Everyone had a lot of people come back to see what this was going to be all about. No one knew EXACTLY what was going to happen and there was hype with rumors. Especially after the most recent patch which brought a lot of old players back.
I understand the frustration, but maybe wait and see how this goes before we start screaming it’s the end of the world. This was our first reset with this change. There is no guarantee old players who came back out of curiosity will stay. Population will cause match shuffles. Hang in there and see what it’s going to bring. Don’t give up! We’ll all find our niche places in this new setup! I look forward to running with new people!
#BlackTerrace #Hype
Come one. Let’s be friends!

Blackgate
[KiS] Kinetic Storm

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Hello BG,

No we do not hate you, it’s just that it is a big change for a lot of us; a change that we are unhappy about. Let me explain why though:

1-Queues: ET hasn’t had to deal with queues in a very very long time; most of us don’t even remember what it feels like :P That in itself was enough to tick people off. Adding to it we understood that we wouldn’t be able to play on Fridays and Saturdays which is when the majority of ETers play so what’s the point for them to play WvW anymore? We had 1 or 2 people lucky enough to make it in at reset and by the time I logged off at 2am we had a grand total of 6 people in.

2-Identity: ET has built quite the community over the years running PvE, PvP and WvW events regularly, having an amazing team speak, great commanders. So, for a lot of us, it feels like that’s being erased overnight as we are now guests to a party we can’t even go to. We spent the evening in EotM…

3-Not what we though: A lot of us thought the world linking system would involve linking servers of similar populations which we would have been fine with (IE merging tier 6,7 and 8 together).

4-A giant middle finger: Furthermore, a good portion of ETers aren’t originally from ET. Some of us come from a diversity of higher tier servers because we enjoy the the game play of low-pop servers even with the drawbacks. Some of us paid real money to get away from high-tier servers so if feels like a giant middle finger from Anet without any consultation on the matter whatsoever.

Sincerely,
Ahoskova, an ETer who’s looking forward to play with BG regardless.

Ya, as many have said here this is 1000% not the norm on BG.

I’m not exaggerating when I say that a week prior to the WvW update, you wouldn’t see a queue outside of EBG, even on many Fridays.

Even back in the hayday of WvW, queues were only monstrous on reset night and usually dipped, or disappeared entirely on the weekdays outside of certain large guilds’ 2-3 primetime raid hours.

The trick on T1 is to get in right at reset on Friday by spamming the LA portals right before the maps open and to log on as early as possible on the weekends. Even with the “new shiney” effect in play this week, there is a pretty good chance that you will be able to play on Saturday (today) if you log in by around 6pmE. Most guilds tend to form up around 7-8pmE.

It’s also worth keeping in mind that just because it shows 30 people in queue, that doesn’t mean there is an impenetrable wall to entry. You will move steadily down the line and will likely get in in under an hour.

This is especially true in EBG which is filled with pugs who often only play for a short while and will often leave if their server isn’t doing well.

This might not work is certain guilds want to try and jam a blob of 60+ people on EBG, but that isn’t very common.

TLDR; A lot of people came back to wvw because of the change hopefully many will stay, but likely not all will. This isn’t how it normally is for us in T1 either. Not in over a year at least.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Jeez it’s reset on the night of a special patch. These queues are NOT typical on BG. Last few months typical reset is maybe 30 queue on EBG and that’s it. Get a grip.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Disco Biscuit.1864

Disco Biscuit.1864

Hello all Disco here,

I just want to start off by saying that I am looking forward to meeting players from BG. We all know that this is not a well thought out merge. We have different play styles and different goals in WvW. I hope that the community is heard and that changes will happen, regardless this is what is happening right now. We are going to have to work together to make a solution within our server merge. I know BG is striving for first place but ultimately we should try and make a schedule that everyone can benefit from to reduce queue times. I know we both can benefit from each other and I hope that the guild leaders from each server can get together and come to a resolution because we all know how fast Anet works.

(ET, TFoR)

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

BGer here, if your commanders on ET are leading, feel free to spam in map chat your TS info so us BGers can get in and join you guys. This ain’t a 1 way street, many are willing to hop on your TS to bash the heads of them YB+JQ.

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Kirochique.9186

Kirochique.9186

So far it’s been an interesting ride working with BG, as an ETer my guild has been having some fun trying to keep up to the very fast paced gameplay with more than 2 zerg running. It’s a whole different game, but a nice little temporary change.
Hopefully we kick some this week!

-Jhadir (TFor)

Jhadir the Charr Thief (ET) EradonTerrace
All the dodge!

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Baloney. There are queues even now during the day.

Anet really dropped the ball on this one – bigtime.

They took our ideas and trashed every single one.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Crazy.6029

Crazy.6029

There isn’t a queue all the time, the borderland’s are open 90% of the time and EB has a queue but it isn’t that long of a wait( with the exception of reset night). What people have to understand that in yr 1 of the release it was like this across the board on reset night. Now, when there is a queue its usually around 15 mins wait, It goes rather quick. If you come in and hope to join EB ONLY and you are logging in around 1- 2 hrs after reset then yes you will have to wait. Again, it was like that across the board reset night yr 1. Go to the borderland’s, you can still que for EB while playing there. You whiners can’t complain about everything, Anet has been doing a good job making WvW fun again. This sounds like a Boo Hoo thread, " I can’t have my toy, RIGHT NOW!

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Baloney. There are queues even now during the day.

Anet really dropped the ball on this one – bigtime.

They took our ideas and trashed every single one.

deal with it like the rest of us, so many tears

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfSpectre.6412

LoneWolfSpectre.6412

ignore some of the salt.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/BG-and-ET-lets-work-on-a-community/page/2#post6130436

go to this forum post if you want to see a bit of a different perspective.

BG – [XVX] Moses the Bear

World Mergers ET to BG

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The culture shock of q’ing is a difficult issue especially when a large portion of a population left higher tiers a while back to avoid that style of play. For most servers, the mergers seem to be working well since few links can q all the maps but BG is stacked. This is mostly due to their large dormant population that wakes up when things get good but they are clearly the dominant population of any server at the moment.

ANet simply didn’t not anticipate BG population levels for better or worse. Unfortunately both BG and ET players have to deal with this unfortunate design limitation. IMO they should have planned on re-linking servers quickly to even out the matches the best they could. I think as players we all want equal populations that duke it out for every last point or kill.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”