World Rankings as of 9/28 (New Format)

in WvW

Posted by: Habib Loew.6239

Previous

Habib Loew.6239

Gameplay Programmer

This post was updated on 10/5 but the data is still from the previous matchup. The most recent matchup data is in the sticky thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/World-Rankings-as-of-10-5/

ArenaNet Gameplay Programmer

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Is this going to be reset when realm transfers are locked and the real rotations begin? All this list is good for now is to illustrate how certain realms are completely forsaken by WvWers.

Desolation 4th, i laughed. We’re currently getting our kitten kicked by the nr10 on the list, badly.
Desolation has had to deal with so much nightcapping crap that so many people who cared about WvW simply left. Logged in this morning, a saterday morning, 11:30am outmanned on all Borderland maps.
But since Desolation ranked so high initially, itll take weeks before it drops down to the bracket is now belongs.

And im hardpressed myself to also leave and find a server where there is a better matchup. Im not looking forward to being outmanned and unable to hold even a simple tower next to our spawn for another month or so.

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

Is this going to be reset when realm transfers are locked and the real rotations begin? All this list is good for now is to illustrate how certain realms are completely forsaken by WvWers.

Desolation 4th, i laughed. We’re currently getting our kitten kicked by the nr10 on the list, badly.
Desolation has had to deal with so much nightcapping crap that so many people who cared about WvW simply left. Logged in this morning, a saterday morning, 11:30am outmanned on all Borderland maps.
But since Desolation ranked so high initially, itll take weeks before it drops down to the bracket is now belongs.

And im hardpressed myself to also leave and find a server where there is a better matchup. Im not looking forward to being outmanned and unable to hold even a simple tower next to our spawn for another month or so.

To be fair, Arborstone shouldn’t have been ranked as low as they were. The only reason they were that low is because none of their hardcore french alliance (the reason they win so easily) played during the 24 hour matchups.

If they did, they’d be a top 3 server already.

We used to have queues for WvW, I thought it was a case of people not wanting to fight against Arbor, I guess they jumped ship permanently when they realised we’re terrible at organisation.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: Doran.4785

Doran.4785

Fort Aspenwood dropped 3 ranks this week, after last week being the lowest rank server in our grouping we are again the lowest rank server in this grouping. Thanks to not having any night time presence we are well behind again already after winning most of the evening last night.

I feel like I have to xfer to a server with an oceanic pop just to get good competitive pvp during the day since people give up after being so far behind a few days in.

in WvW

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

I have a question: Why did Gandara drop in rating? We won our week this time (and rather convincingly, too).

Winning parties may loose points (and loosing parties may win points) in rating schemes. I haven’t studied the details of Glicko-2, but the reasoning is usually as follows:

The given ratings of a match-up give an expectation on how much the higher ranked servers should dominate, and on how much the lower ranked servers should be dominated in the match. If this expectation would be met exactly (quite unlikely), the score would not change. If a server exceeds its expectation (wins much higher, looses less harshly), the score rises. If a server misses the expectation (wins not high enough, is pwned beyond all recognition), the score gets lower. However, the recalculation of the scores is usually designed in such a way that a loosing party cannot jump above the winning party.

As said above, I cannot say how Glicko-2 actually implements this, but such effects are not uncommon to other systems like, say, ELO.

~MRA (also always exited about math)

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)