World Ranks...Really? is that it?

in WvW

Posted by: Rehk.6574

Rehk.6574

I was hella excited for the world ranks when I first heard about them. But after seeing the screen shot where it looks like all it has is +guard dmg – guard dmg, +seige dmg – seige dmg, + supply carried etc….

I cant help but be super disappointed. Those rank “abilities” are not abilities (save maybe the added seige skills) they are wimpy, thoughtless stat modifiers.

Being able to hit a guard for 1% more dmg or take 1% less dmg isnt exciting, its not dynamic, and shows that there wasn’t much thought put into the ranking system.

So, am I missing something or is that all there is to it? Cause if so I think I’m about to put down the game for a while do to general boredom. Which is sad because I had high hopes for the World Ranks to be similar to DAoC realm ranks and give me a reason to get back out there and play for a long time.

Guess not…?

Please tell me I’m wrong and there’s more.

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

We’ll find out on Tuesday. The mods aren’t going to spill the beans early, and no one else knows. Take a chill pill, it’s 2 more days.

in WvW

Posted by: Bedstain.6735

Bedstain.6735

All I ask is that the wall slaves build faster.

Blackgate Elementalist….woohoo!
{{80 ele Soap 80 engi Flush}}

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Time warp them.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

They’re union, we can’t touch them.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: Bharel.4328

Bharel.4328

Swiftness works to get ’em moving a little faster.

Thudden Bluhndr, the lost Norn
Sanctum of Rall
[GSCH] The Gaiscioch Family

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

All I want to do is harvest onions faster in wvw. Hopefully they squeaked that one in.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

A small selection of eight uninspiring and boring abilities, rewarded by a worthless and zerg friendly metric: kill tags.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Pirhana.8935

Pirhana.8935

Yah i am very dispointed with what we know the skill choices to spend WvW points on, I wanted a DAOC style realm rank system.

On a sperate note if this does suck, its nice to know TESO’s realm vs realm progression system will be in effect at launch and will have 3 skill trees and actually be like DAOC where you keep making your character stronger

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Sound like that TESO will suck then . I don’t wanna play game which force me play too much.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

World Ranks is a joke, like this “awesome” WvW patch, none of actual big problem of WvW is concern by the patch…

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

World Ranks is a joke, like this “awesome” WvW patch, none of actual big problem of WvW is concern by the patch…

Horrid grammar mistakes ^^

On another note, I believe that this great wvw patch is only the beginning of what is to come. So hold your horses and give anet some room

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

There is nothing to come.
Come on, January BIG patch turned into joke. February BIG patch turned again into joke.
And March BIG WvW update.Two changes. Culling gone and World XP with new abilities.
I am glad for culling is gone, hopefully, but is that it?
Can this be called as big patch? I mean, only 2 changes? One is repair of engine and second is really small change?
Its like you will tune your car and whisper everybody that it will be mega ultra cool tuning. And that you will drive in and old car with nice new headlights, but rest will be still old rusty car. But hey, new headlights. Thats big. Thats cool. And it really changed your car.
Back to the GW2. Every big,major patch turned into joke. Living story, its something hyped, but actually its 3 simple quests. Thats it, you can do it in 5 minutes.
Every time they speak about living story they say it huge succes. Find 6 items on 2 maps and give them to some guys? Quests in starting area are harder than that.
Every major update from ANet is just bunch of really small things that change nothing.
Last big update was in November-FotM. But every month ANet say that next month there will be big update.

in WvW

Wothan.4673

I believe that this great wvw patch is only the beginning of what is to come. So hold your horses and give anet some room

Initially this patch was planned for December… he was repels each month, with each time, less contents. So yes, i am not optimistic about this patch and what will happened next…

Horrid grammar mistakes ^^

Regrettably yes trying to learn english with gameforum is a big mistake xD

Jade Quarry

(edited by Wothan.4673)

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

The patches are coming once a month, for the time frame I’d say it’s pretty big. In some subscription games I’ve played you’d be lucky to get a patch which did more than bug fixes every 6 months.

Some people are just never happy. Would you rather they patched every 3 months but it appeared to have 3x more content per patch?

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Wothan.4673

The patches are coming once a month, for the time frame I’d say it’s pretty big. In some subscription games I’ve played you’d be lucky to get a patch which did more than bug fixes every 6 months.

Some people are just never happy. Would you rather they patched every 3 months but it appeared to have 3x more content per patch?

The problem is not what Anet make is this patch ( well, yes it is in fact, but for other reason.. ) but how Anet make is comm for these patch, aka “Awesome”, “more content in this patch that in a extension/the 6 last month patch” and many other superlative for … for what in fact ? almost nothing.. Living story ? repair 75 banner ? Wtf ?

Jade Quarry

in WvW

Hule.8794

Repair 75 banners is good quest. But press ctrl and run throught whole map looking fo 3x snow-covered object and then give then to some guy. Repeat on second map and you have finished achivement.

in WvW

Posted by: aeroh.8930

aeroh.8930

They might be adding new gear to the honor badge vendors. So that’s something.

The realm rank abilities are pretty uninspired. But there’s probably only so much they can do without making new abilities that skew the battles too much. DAOC had some pretty crazy ones, like passive crowd control reduction, that were mandatory. If you were new and didn’t have them, it wasn’t a very pleasant experience…

Anet probably just wants to take it slow. I’m sure they’ll add more abilities later, and maybe even new class specific WvWvW utilities.

in WvW

Hule.8794

They will add new gear. Like karma weapons in WvW buy from badges.
I think it will not be new gear, only they put some karma gear to be buyable in WvW by badges.
Also it will still be PVT gear.

in WvW

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

I really like the ranks / abilities. Why? Because it gives you more reason to play, which is exactly what WvW needed imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

Then you must have played terrible games, last sub game I played was Rift, multiple patches per week (when it was needed), that is what is needed in regard to GW2, I have never played a game so slow to fix fundamental things like class / skill bugs (and there are so many of them), then the inability to deal with hackers (along with poorly thought out design like the seige cap problem) in WvW is on a par with free games like Runes Of Magic, not an alleged AAA title.

Seems some people are happy with any old tat.

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

in WvW

Wothan.4673

I really like the ranks / abilities. Why? Because it gives you more reason to play, which is exactly what WvW needed imo.

This is “decoration”, it’s nothing. WvW have real problem, AoE limited to 5ppl, fail to gamedesign which encourages zerg, small map, waiting 2h to inc in WvW, queue still broken 8 month after the release because “dev are busy to other things” and so many other thing. One new armor change nothing of this.

Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Why would these ranks or abilities give you a reason to play? Tagging kills is neither hard or inspiring, for a bunch of mediocre abilities that you can enjoy the game without?

The fact that it has taken this long, for what I would consider the absolute bare minimum of a ranking system, does not inspire folks to continue to be hopeful. Even the leaderboards is a joke, seriously, how hard is it to have player metrics from the data you already collect?

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Vynt.5218

Vynt.5218

Why would these ranks or abilities give you a reason to play? Tagging kills is neither hard or inspiring, for a bunch of mediocre abilities that you can enjoy the game without?

The fact that it has taken this long, for what I would consider the absolute bare minimum of a ranking system, does not inspire folks to continue to be hopeful.

Why would you get a better looking gear if it still had the same stats like your current one?
Why would you give a name to your character instead of random ksgkdhdhk?

Your argument about decoration is just bad because decoration is one of the major things in MMORPGs. Though you are most likely that kind of a person who only thinks about the efficiency and nothing more. I wouldn’t be too surprised if your character was named “sdgksgoisg” only because that way you saved the 15 seconds of your life which you dedicated to the real deal.
The ranking system is just fine. It’s like the old ranking system of World of Warcraft which I personaly loved, and I know many players that share the same feelings.

Even the leaderboards is a joke, seriously, how hard is it to have player metrics from the data you already collect?

So you are implying that everything that isn’t hard to code is bullkitten?
In my opinion the leaderboard is a nice idea because it brings the competition of WvWvW to individual level instead of being just realm scaled.