World Transfers and the affect on WvWvW + Ideas on Commanders

in WvW

Posted by: Arctic Foenix.6248

Arctic Foenix.6248

I don’t understand why in the world it is still free. This whole transfer business would have been fine at the start, but because its free forever it seems you can just get up and leave the losing team and murder that server you were just on. That is just unfair to servers like for instances Sorrow’s Furnace who have to deal with Yak’s bend and Gate of Madness this week. Sure it might be our server but not only that Yak’s Bend seem to have 3x the amount of people on say battle grounds at one time even when there is a queue for entering it. I just don’t understand it at all.

I guess suggestions would be a one time transfer or maybe limit on transfers so you can’t just rage quit to another server, or how about an actual price on it.

One last thing about WvWvW is the queue made for each individual server equal because at times I see that as not true. I don’t like being camped at my spawn just because the server I have to verse this week is the definition of Troll.

Also from what I read Anet are doing nothing at all about hackers that seem to fly around what is this exactly? We pay for a genuinely good game only to have moderators/Game Masters/Admins just not care what happens inside when people have proof of things like flying?

Update————————————————————————-
So far what I see is a good idea:

-Doing something about World Transfers say making it weekly or charging gold or gems for it. (as stated by BakaOniiChan)

-Making it so that if you Transfer Worlds that you cannot enter WvW or in fact this “guesting” thing where you just go to another server for the sole person of pve’ing with friends (so I guess not an actual char or one thats already at its highest point in the game) (As stated by Jonto)

-Also the idea of randomizing/scrambling the scoreboard and then either closing off world transfers with a notice of course or just making it so you can’t transfer for a month or so. (As stated by Kudo)

-Another idea though probably the most obscene is going to the top leader board servers and splitting their guilds among the rest of the servers. That way with they stay as guilds but move to help those in need of help during WvW times. (My idea I guess for now)

-Oh also Commanders, now i’ve had quite a few problems with them firstly, they don’t do their job of commanding. What I’d like to see is something a long the lines of a Temp Commander system where you become Commander for say 1-2 hours by the means of Voting and Actual defending and holding Positions because that is really what they should be doing. I have had a commander mouth of at me today saying the only thing to do is farm Karma which I don’t agree with at all. It would be a good idea if this happened and yeah the defending and holding positions is a means to stop people with votes from just friends getting them to be commander. Well just a thought Tell me your thoughts on this.

If there are any other ideas I’d love to hear them, what I want is something to be done about this issue of raging to another server that is winning. I just don’t find it being a tactic that helps at all. Lets try to keep this in the top of the first page so it gets an actual response from a higher up!

(edited by Arctic Foenix.6248)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

World transfers need to end. It is most disturbing that Arenanet are letting this go.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Arctic Foenix.6248

Yeah exactly its just so frustrating to have a losing server but stay on I don’t care if we lose a lot I ain’t a coward.

People should keep this thread or if there’s any up at the top just so we can get it looked at.

in WvW

Posted by: Cybertrigger.1039

Cybertrigger.1039

i thin Anet should allow server transfers once a week or once in 2 weeks time, server transfers should be free =)

in WvW

Posted by: BakaOniiChan.9564

BakaOniiChan.9564

World transfers are free because servers are still balancing themselves out… Slowly though servers are balancing themselves. I think within the next monthish the servers will cost gems to transfer.

in WvW

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

Its too late anyway…opportunist guilds have already transferred in droves to the winning-servers, giving up just after a few weeks and creating a huge inbalance which will end up in 4-5 servers facerolling everything within hours after reset and then complaining about no more enemies to fight while zerging those few brave giving it a try 100m behind the spawn.

And i doubt WvW will ever recover from this in near future if ever and just hope those guilds will be bored to death camping the whole map all days with no opposition.

Cowards…

This won’t end well…

in WvW

Arctic Foenix.6248

Yeah Dafomen I get you about them camping I just really am sick of it all. I don’t want to change servers who cares if I’m the only New Zealander on Sorrow’s Furnace. I like this server and I am just stubborn like that. But they should do something about the transfers anyway how about this they randomize the top say 10 teams or at least make it so some of them come to the low ranked servers just so there is actual competition I know its a big leap and would annoy a lot of players but I guess randomizing it and making it so that they have to stay for a week would help and maybe bring a guild instead of random players or even just random players to keep it interesting.

At least something needs to be done about it I just hate how when my servers losing everyone gives up and leaves and its left down to 5 people taking a Tower and having to defend against 20+ lol.

Oh, BakaOniiChan, by balancing did you mean all the sore losers that hate losing move to the winning server? because its really all that I can see happening. I’m sorry but I can’t agree that it will be balanced next week or the next. For sorrow’s Furnace I can say this we will bounce from the last 3 losing servers to some of the middle Trolling Servers that camp spawns. I know that if we were to make it permanently priced I guess it really would make it stick to how it is. Though I guess anything would be good at least.

Offtopic: Just noticing that if you preview stuff it actually cuts of things on the side a bit odd :S

in WvW

Posted by: Armo.6208

Armo.6208

Since thery don’t seem to have any intensions to remove free transfer in the near future, how about only free transfers between the match-up servers? that should balance the match, can’t become any worse than it is now?

in WvW

Arctic Foenix.6248

Well I don’t know if you think about it instead of the people that leave wvw to go to pve or pvp they may just transfer over to the winning team :/ I guess it could make it worse lol

in WvW

Posted by: mattidigital.7259

mattidigital.7259

At the very least they need to implement no free transfers to servers you are facing. The dirty tactics of x-realmers is getting really ridiculous. (excessive siege placement at key points example building 5 arrowcarts so that you cant build a treb on the finger of SM to hit durios, ram building inside keeps/towers in order to burn supply, derailing server attempts to effectively attack/defend by trying to pug hurt with false info/bad tactics). I loved Anet’s response to jumping servers awhile back, all’s fair in love and war, but honestly, this is a bit excessive the amount of damage a x-realmer can do. But hey, if Anet really wants their game to be like that, I look forward to seeing more underhanded bullkitten from even more people cause hey, if you can’t beat em…join em.

Ismodan ~ RUIN – Desolation -

in WvW

Posted by: Nevron.9413

Nevron.9413

They’re still free because guesting is more important than WvW according to ArenaNet.

Guild – Shadow of Apophis [SoA]

in WvW

Posted by: Drede.4701

Drede.4701

why not just have free transfers only be allowed once per round? pick a server at the start and stay there win or lose til its over…

The many different ways I can spell Regnilond xD
Guardians of the Creed [HATE]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Arctic Foenix.6248

What do you mean by Guesting exactly? , they also have some update about WvWvW but only that if we don’t seem like we aren’t doing much its because we are busy working on it.

Well then I guess people would pick the server that won the week before and stick with them until they lose, then week after that pick another winning team.

in WvW

Posted by: Jonto.2160

Jonto.2160

The fix as i see it: Keep free transfers, but you can’t join WvW for that week. And if you switch before thursday evening you won’t get in to the week the next whole week or the remainder of the current one

I believe in cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: Kudo.8120

Kudo.8120

The only way to fix this whole problem partially is to reset WvWvW ladders and announce a date to close free transfers. This will give many top tier guilds incentive to move to other servers.

I’m pretty sure many guilds and alliances that are in tier 1 would like to move to a server where they don’t have to wait 5 hours to get into a WvWvW map in prime time.

Also there need’s to be a lower population cap for the time being so servers cannot be flooded instantly.

War Machine [WM] Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Arctic Foenix.6248

Yeah I agree with you Kudo that would probably be a good idea or my idea of randomizing some players/guild into the lower ranked servers either way that + closing off free transfers.

Either that or having the free transfer thing only open for 2/4 weeks but still free or even just charging for free transfers.

Oh and Jonto thats a good idea it would keep from people just spying on servers at times which is a real pain. It would help with this selfishness of ragequitting to another server thing too, that probably a lot of people would usually do because they have no pride in their server.

in WvW

Posted by: rook.4625

rook.4625

Has there been an official response to this?

in WvW

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

What do you mean by Guesting exactly? , they also have some update about WvWvW but only that if we don’t seem like we aren’t doing much its because we are busy working on it.

Well then I guess people would pick the server that won the week before and stick with them until they lose, then week after that pick another winning team.

Guesting was supposed to be a system where you could be a “Guest” on a different server so that you could PvE with your friends but maintain your own WvW server. In theory it’s practical, in practice nobody transfers for PvE as evidenced by first HoD and now JQ.

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yes the small update thread, 2nd page.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

Yes the small update thread, 2nd page.

He mentioned absolutely nothing about transfers, only of ways to help servers that are getting shut out in WvW.

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Arctic Foenix.6248

I don’t think the response was to this but I’d love it if we would get any word on this. Updated the first message guys just so people don’t have to scroll down.

in WvW

Arctic Foenix.6248

Wow thats strange umm sorry Samfisher you were actually the one that gave me idea of “guesting” Nevron just brought up the idea I for some reason can’t edit my first post again :/

in WvW

Arctic Foenix.6248

Bump :/ keep this on the front pages guys it kinda helps

in WvW

Arctic Foenix.6248

Bump thought I’d make this come back to the first page c’mon guys I’m sure you have ideas about WvW Post them here!

in WvW

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

I just want free transfers gone, so we can actually get some proper match ups & balancing.

Until then WvW is pointless.

Bump