World vs World Incentive in Solo.

in WvW

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

I am new to Guild Wars 2 Pve and World vs World scene so I would like to have feedback from the community.

Can someone explain to me what type of incentives exist in world vs world a solo player? For example what do I get from killing a player(s)? New title, new gear, leaderboard/ladder position, ect?

in WvW

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

solo players earn all the same rewards as group players just at a slower rate. youll get nothing special for doing 1v1’s in wvw.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in WvW

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Personal incentives for solo play in WvW?.. that would be the amount of fun you have, and how much you increase your skill level. That’s how we keep all the plebs out.

in WvW

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Other than anonymous player on player action, there isn’t an incentive to solo. The fact is that while you are running around on the map, at any point in time a group of 10 + enemies may stumble upon you and kick the crap out of you in an instant.

WvW is based mostly on objectives. Now, most of these objectives can be accomplished quite easily with a small team. A group of 4 or 5 players can easily take camps and towers, set up siege points, and also defend towers pretty well.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in WvW

Authority.6145

Other than anonymous player on player action, there isn’t an incentive to solo. The fact is that while you are running around on the map, at any point in time a group of 10 + enemies may stumble upon you and kick the crap out of you in an instant.

WvW is based mostly on objectives. Now, most of these objectives can be accomplished quite easily with a small team. A group of 4 or 5 players can easily take camps and towers, set up siege points, and also defend towers pretty well.

So when you kill one player what do you get instantly?

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

When it comes to loot, there is no difference between random mobs and players, except that players can drop badges (0-2). A single badge is worth around 1 silver if you spend it well.
There are ZERO rewards for going solo in WvW. It’s something people do because they like it.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

You don’t really get anything instantly. You get a bit of XP, maybe a loot bag, nothing special to write home about.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

You get loot wxp and all that jazz from killing another player. You can buy gear that’s no better than pve stuff with all the xp and karma and badge you get. You get the same amount of ‘stuff’ from each killed player no matter if you did 1% of damage or 100% of the damage. So if your goal is to get most ‘stuff’ from wvw then you should run with a giant zerg rather than solo.
Most soloers like me do it for fun. I find zerging rather mindless and boring.

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

If your new to the game, your better off joining a zerg and learning the basics before you start roaming solo.

Titles for killing players do come in the form of Ultimate Dominator. Getting this as a solo player, however, will be extremely time consuming. Only a few players have it so far. The quickest way to do it would be in an organized guild fighting large zergs. Running solo you kill less often.

There is no leaderboard for kills.

You can earn ranks from doing a lot of things in WvW. Basically just look at World XP on the wiki to explain how and you gain ranks and a reward chest for each rank. As a solo player I find I level quicker as I don’t mess around and go directly from one objective to the next. In a zerg there will be points, like ZvZ, where you will be earning more WXP but in the long run solo is quicker (although small group would be fastest if the group is disciplined).

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

There are no incentives, only disincentives to WvW.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Authority.6145

If your new to the game, your better off joining a zerg and learning the basics before you start roaming solo.

Titles for killing players do come in the form of Ultimate Dominator. Getting this as a solo player, however, will be extremely time consuming. Only a few players have it so far. The quickest way to do it would be in an organized guild fighting large zergs. Running solo you kill less often.

There is no leaderboard for kills.

You can earn ranks from doing a lot of things in WvW. Basically just look at World XP on the wiki to explain how and you gain ranks and a reward chest for each rank. As a solo player I find I level quicker as I don’t mess around and go directly from one objective to the next. In a zerg there will be points, like ZvZ, where you will be earning more WXP but in the long run solo is quicker (although small group would be fastest if the group is disciplined).

I have been SPvPing since February so I am going to move away to World vs World until I find incentive to return back.

I found the link you mentioned – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Experience and initially it is intriguing.

Though if it was up to me I would have two types of ranks; solo and group. Solo rank would automatically change after I am grouped with someone. For group I would introduce different objectives that require a duo or a five-man-group.

Also I would given an advantage in each rank progression (different for solo and group) as well as incentive for other players to kill me without encouraging zerg play.

in WvW

Posted by: Obtuse.1504

Obtuse.1504

Now, of course, play the way you want, but needing a reward or incentive other than killing another player, helping your realm or fun, seems odd.

/shrug

in WvW

Authority.6145

You get loot wxp and all that jazz from killing another player. You can buy gear that’s no better than pve stuff with all the xp and karma and badge you get. You get the same amount of ‘stuff’ from each killed player no matter if you did 1% of damage or 100% of the damage. So if your goal is to get most ‘stuff’ from wvw then you should run with a giant zerg rather than solo.

Are they going to introduce new world vs world skins in the future?

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Are they going to introduce new world vs world skins in the future?

Most of us wish they would, and almost thought they were going to until it turned out they were just allowing us to buy the low level skins earned in PvE for badges.

Still, fingers crossed. If we got some wvw exclusive skins that looked nice I would be more than happy. Plus the lure of new skins might see new players trying out wvw for a chance to get them… One can dream.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Authority.6145

Also regarding gear.

What type of gear I need in world vs world? Full berserker with ascended accessories?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Your reward is that you get to /sit spam the guy you killed

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Also regarding gear.

What type of gear I need in world vs world? Full berserker with ascended accessories?

What profession are you? I’d say that full berserker, while optimal for all forms of PvE, is generally a bit too glassy for WvW.

in WvW

Authority.6145

Also regarding gear.

What profession are you? I’d say that full berserker, while optimal for all forms of PvE, is generally a bit too glassy for WvW.

Well I was thinking of going like this as a Thief.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAsaVlYmSOHcS6E/5Ey2jKUo4JOFOlR1pArsKA-jEyAYLIiCAZBiKAm8KiGbVsIas6aMlLRUNA-w

By the way lets say I am wearing X Skin but I want to use another skin while retaining the same stats(including runes). Is there a way to do so?

Also how the kitten do I get a berserker back?

in WvW

Authority.6145

Any hot spots in World vs World for solo-duo ?

So far X server boarders = Zergfest from either enemy or ally.
Eternal Battlegrounds = Seems quite a lot of fun but still need more time exploring it.

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

By the way lets say I am wearing X Skin but I want to use another skin while retaining the same stats(including runes). Is there a way to do so?

Also how the kitten do I get a berserker back?

Transmutation Crystal’s
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transmutation_Crystal

Ascended Berserker back pieces:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quiver_of_Swift_Flight
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Book_of_Secrets
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Fractal_Capacitor_

Exotic:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Fractal_Capacitor
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Assassin_Backpack

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Eternal Battlegrounds = Seems quite a lot of fun but still need more time exploring it.

The island with the broken sky bridge and vista up high between the 2 bottom spawn pts is a good spot. If I want to look for a good solo fight I head there most of time.

in WvW

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

The island with the broken sky bridge and vista up high between the 2 bottom spawn pts is a good spot. If I want to look for a good solo fight I head there most of time.

Around SM is also a decent option

Skullclamp

in WvW

Authority.6145

Thanks for all the responses so far. Very useful information indeed.

One more question at the moment. What is the best way to start gaining a lot of Laurels? Can you complete both PvP and PvE daily in one day and receive from both Laurels?

in WvW

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Daily

One laurel by completing either the Daily PvE or Daily PvP achievement category (you can only get 1 laurel from either daily PvE or daily PvP),

Monthly

Ten laurels by completing either the Monthly PvE or Monthly PvP achievement category. (you can only get 1 laurel from either monthly PvE or monthlyPvP),

Achievement Chests

One to ten laurels can be obtained as part of an Achievement Chest reward (earned with achivement points),

Worst part of roaming alone is,

1) Thieves, enginners and elementalists running cheesy builds troling around,

2) Most people will flee from you and not going to fight 1v1 or 2v2, therefore most fights will be uneven to you (1v2 – 1v3 – 2v4 – 3-6) because most people only fight when they are 90% sure they are going to win,

3) Most roamers are thieves using the same kittened build, and most times they will escape from you AND fighting against a thief in a wide open place is boring as hell… you’ll be hitting the air 90% of the time trying to guess where’s the kitten,

Roaming alone is all about burst damage, high mobility and damage avoidance… thief and mesmers are the best suited,

The rest of WvW is being part of the zerg and faceroll AoE,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in WvW

Authority.6145

Great feedback and thanks for the info.

One last question.

Is there a perfect build for a thief to run any type of Fractal Difficulty?

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

On the laurels, remember that some of the ascended can be purchased with guild commendations instead of laurels.