Worst skill lag since months.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Today in Vizunah borderlands the skill lag was just insane high.. We were just fighting in open grounds when we seen kodash chasing some vizunah and the went up the hill. Our team (from deso) jumped in and suddently the game was horrible!

Pressing endure pain, and again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again….

Yes works

I need to heal and i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill, i press my heal skill,

Yes works

Will we finally see some improvements on the next comming patches? Or do i have to make a thread about this every single week!

I bought this game for WvW because it sounds amazing! And yes it is amazing!

We Desolation fight almost every week vs this blob vizunah server and every time the game lags as crazy and it really makes me mad..

So what will it be…

Respond to my thread with a response on what you guys are doing and IF you are working on the problem.

or

Easy way out, you ignore this and make another living story.

EDIT: Also in downstate with insane big skill lag, vengeance doesnt work. Thats part of my build as warrior.

And

How is it possible that my skills wont work, but when i press /dance my character responds directly lol?

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

(edited by Magnetron.5823)

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

I feel your pain and so do many many others but your NOT going to get any response from Anet regarding skill delay. When it comes down to this particular issue they are the most Ignorant Developers i have ever come across.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

LOL – It was Augury Rock, Mag – not Kodash (skill lag was so bad, we are now suffering timeshifts). True though .. I needed to run and couldn’t move when we got hit in Garri later on..

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

Ahh i am sorry Kodash and Augury, but yes it was really insane..

The dev’s Always asking for feedback, and this is feedback too. I wish they start to take these kind of threads more serious.

I know this is not Spvp, but you have alot of players enjoying WvW too. Please we paid the same amount of money.

in WvW

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

How is it possible that my skills wont work, but when i press /dance my character responds directly lol?

Anet wants you to make love, not war.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

The skil lag I’m experiencing is really beginning to get me down – and I’m wondering now if upgrading my PC will make any difference. I would appreciate some feedback on a new build to see if I can improve on things.

My current PC is fine for practically everything I do – work or social. It’s only GW2 that I see problems occurring. It’s a Core2 Duo 3.0 GHz E6850 – 6GB RAM with 500GB HDD and a Radeon HD 3870. I run the game at lowest graphics. As soon as I hit the big Vizunah zerg (and if server 3 is also in the mix) I may as well give up. I’ll just stand there and spam as much as I can until I’m defeated.

So I’m thinking that I should go for an i5 3.4GHz, a 240GB SSD, and 1TB second HDD. Upgrade the GPU to the AMD Radeon 7970. Now, that should be able to handle big crowds and still have high graphics settings.

However, if the skill lag is server related.. then I will be wasting my money. I’m worried that Anet are using virtual servers, and that the technology just doesn’t cut it. Hell, I don’t know.. I do know that this can’t go on though.

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

I also upgraded my computer, thinking it was my old i3 that was letting me down.. but since i have the i5 the FPS is awesome now but ye.. all my skills still lag.

And still no response, do they signed a contract to not say anything about this or something?

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Skill lag is definitely a server side problem and ANET has already said as much back in March after the culling fix saying they would be rolling a number of little things on their end they hoped would help with the skill lag issue. I am worried that those fixes actually did help so they decided to increase the WvW map population caps at the same time they upped the server population limits and it was too much but they are stuck with it because it will kitten off too many players to decrease those WvW map caps back down for all the queues it will cause. I don’t like queues either but at least I can play the rest of the game while waiting in them and I know there is plenty ANET can do the encourage a re-distribution of players across worlds. Hopefully they are working on adddressing the problem and we will hear from them soon on when it will be ready to roll out live.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

Today:

Desolation borderlands.

Attacking Vizunah Bay, having insane big skill lag!

Why does nobody have the balls to ask Colin Johanson or any other dev about this problem?

Why isnt there anything about this problem listen in your blog post about comming next part of the year…

(edited by Magnetron.5823)

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

The skil lag I’m experiencing is really beginning to get me down – and I’m wondering now if upgrading my PC will make any difference. I would appreciate some feedback on a new build to see if I can improve on things.

My current PC is fine for practically everything I do – work or social. It’s only GW2 that I see problems occurring. It’s a Core2 Duo 3.0 GHz E6850 – 6GB RAM with 500GB HDD and a Radeon HD 3870. I run the game at lowest graphics. As soon as I hit the big Vizunah zerg (and if server 3 is also in the mix) I may as well give up. I’ll just stand there and spam as much as I can until I’m defeated.

So I’m thinking that I should go for an i5 3.4GHz, a 240GB SSD, and 1TB second HDD. Upgrade the GPU to the AMD Radeon 7970. Now, that should be able to handle big crowds and still have high graphics settings.

However, if the skill lag is server related.. then I will be wasting my money. I’m worried that Anet are using virtual servers, and that the technology just doesn’t cut it. Hell, I don’t know.. I do know that this can’t go on though.

Newer rig won’t help with skill lag at all, it’s not our machines, you’ll get better frame rates though. And sadly, you’d be surprised with how sluggish the GW2 client is even on a lightly populated PvE map with a high end cpu and video card (the game is pretty but I think either Anet over did it or its flat out poorly optimized even today).

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Going alone to attack a sentry, no one sight.

2 second delay on autoattack and damage numbers/animations completely out of sync.

Yes of course it was EB, I was ne of sm while 2 entire servers fought at the sw gate.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

Other WvW threads, the Dev’s respond… Geez wrap me up in a garbage bag and dump me because i ask these questions -_-

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Extreme skill lag on Gandara throughout the day as well. That is between two servers clashing in the garrison, not even near SM. Even after all was done, the skill lag persisted for a longer while. What WvW needs most of all is server bandwidth upgrade, you can forget any other updates, this is the priority.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

hahaha this is geting insame.

We finally have a normal match up, that we fight … 20v20 INSIDE SM

And guess what

~Sound culls
~it feels laggy ( its really not )

LOOOOL

20v20

DO something?

in WvW

Posted by: Sureshot.6725

Sureshot.6725

It’s definitely terrible and now that my server is matched up against the T1’s this week it is unplayable imho.

I had to stop playing for the first time because of the torturous lag and now have to consider transferring from the server I’ve been on since day one.

Really though all we can do is make sure posts like these are on the front page each and every day.

I’m not a happy customer at all!

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Sorry to hear that Sureshot on the plus side, JQ gets a bit of a vacation from skill lag this week to remind us why the super stack dog pile in tier 1 might not be that great of an idea. ~^

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I feel like I’m in the same boat. I play WvW mostly at night when most of the NA server is asleep, and I still have to deal with horrendous skill lag. When I decided to main a Staff Necro in WvW, I never thought that would mean that I would spam the auto attack for 75% of the fight. Glad I’m specced as a bit of a hybrid.

I don’t play WvW as much anymore. This is because even when I go to play WvW, I can’t play WvW.

I say that the skill lag is the worst problem WvW faces, and it should be fixed as soon as possible. Any content that doesn’t work is immediately bad.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

Logbook date: 21 July 2013

Eternal battlegrounds.

The skill lag is again insane, my skills are not working even that we are not fighting T1 servers anymore.

The support from ArenaNet towards his customers about WvW is just laughable.

How long will this continue until more ppl will leave this earth and fly to another planet.

And still no reply from a Dev.

U know why?

Because they dont care, they only care for Spvp.

in WvW

Magnetron.5823

Desolation Borderlands.

The skill lag has won again, Piken went to attack out garrison in the middle of the night with around 40 ppl and we have like 20 defenders.

We couldnt defend it because our skills were as usual not working! All the people who spend hard earned gold to upgrade the garrison lost it all.

Some people spend gems and convert them to gold, so they use RL money on this game and still the Deaf Team (DEV) wont respond..

Great job there! Ignore your player base..

in WvW

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

Desolation Borderlands.

The skill lag has won again, Piken went to attack out garrison in the middle of the night with around 40 ppl and we have like 20 defenders.

We couldnt defend it because our skills were as usual not working! All the people who spend hard earned gold to upgrade the garrison lost it all.

Some people spend gems and convert them to gold, so they use RL money on this game and still the Deaf Team (DEV) wont respond..

Great job there! Ignore your player base..

:( Should have played on EB yesterday ~23:30pm UK time, for a bit, massive skill lag ~4+ seconds because of 1 small battle from Kodas and Pieken in StoneMist Castle. We weren’t even there o.o Joined the fight and skill delay shot up to ~7s.
As staff elementalist, it’s a pain in the * because you need to swap attunements too, and the healing I use, heals you every second when you use it, but now lasted like ~10 seconds if it normally last ~3.5s, I think.

Bordelands had bigger fights when I was on, and no skill lag at all o.o

So many unnecessary deads :/ I still imagine massive fights without skill lag so it is actually a lot more fun

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

(edited by TheUltimateBackStabber.4863)

in WvW

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Yes, this makes me mad when we fight zerg vs zerg. Seems arena can’t do kitten about it.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Yeah, I don’t mind loosing a battle by being out numbered, out skilled, or out witted, but no out lagged. I really brings up a lot of resentment. Of course there are always a couple guys who claim that everyone needs to upgrade, but My computer meets more than double the required specs. Been playing since opening week and this has never been fixed.