Would anyone like a way to reset WXP?

in WvW

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

As the title says, I’d love for there to be a way to reset WXP in game, anyone else?

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

i am almost maxed out in WXP so nope

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

yes been asking for it for a long time, maybe like a weekly ability to reset

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Why ? Anet forces a WXP reset before a league and that’s more than I like XD.

In all honesty the only things important to cap are applied strenght and applied fortitude, the rest is trivial, and for that you only need 230 WXP.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

they reset once a year thats plenty if you kittened up just wait for the next reset and actually think before you slap them all into ram mastery on your ele

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

they reset once a year thats plenty if you kittened up just wait for the next reset and actually think before you slap them all into ram mastery on your ele

Actually they reset every few months, every time they hold a tourney.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

They could just put a wvw exp reset on gem store.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I still think placing a giant in one of wvw BLs with a 0.01% chance to drop a non account bound stone that permits a full WXP reset , and is like level 90 requiring atleast 50 players to take him/her down would be awesome.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Rangerdeity.5847

I still think placing a giant in one of wvw BLs with a 0.01% chance to drop a non account bound stone that permits a full WXP reset , and is like level 90 requiring atleast 50 players to take him/her down would be awesome.

i … dont even … whaaa … eeerrr … uuuuuuuhg. -fettle position-

in WvW

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

i … dont even … whaaa … eeerrr … uuuuuuuhg. -fettle position-

Pretty much my exact response.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yea moar PvE and RNG – Its exactly what WvW needs..

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Let me tell you a story…

Once upon a time players could not reset their Trait points.. The only way to do so was to purchase a book/manual of sorts that allowed them to reset all Traits back to scratch. Yet one glorious day, ANet decided to implement a most generous feature for the player base that allowed them to add and remove Traits points at will, not necessarily back to scratch but it improved that particular feature vastly. Everyone lived happily ever after.

… If only ANet would be so kind as to implement a similar feature in regards to WvW ‘traits’; e.g – plus and minus buttons next to each respective option.. Arrow Cart Mastery etc.

I hope others grasp this concept idea or have similar like-minded thoughts/suggestions.

in WvW

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

Let me tell you a story…

Once upon a time players could not reset their Trait points.. The only way to do so was to purchase a book/manual of sorts that allowed them to reset all Traits back to scratch. Yet one glorious day, ANet decided to implement a most generous feature for the player base that allowed them to add and remove Traits points at will, not necessarily back to scratch but it improved that particular feature vastly. Everyone lived happily ever after.

… If only ANet would be so kind as to implement a similar feature in regards to WvW ‘traits’; e.g – plus and minus buttons next to each respective option.. Arrow Cart Mastery etc.

I hope others grasp this concept idea or have similar like-minded thoughts/suggestions.

Hm – that’s two different things in my opinion. Doing a dungeon – setting up this way, doing a world boss – setting up another way – doing champ train farming … yet another way.

I’d really hate to have people to be able to insta-switch their WXP skills on demand. Oh … we’re trebbing, lemme reset and go to treb – now we’re going inside … everyone retrait to guard killer … now the enemy is attacking … everyone retrait to arrow carts …

Nope!

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

Why ? Anet forces a WXP reset before a league and that’s more than I like XD.

In all honesty the only things important to cap are applied strenght and applied fortitude, the rest is trivial, and for that you only need 230 WXP.

You also need about 20 ranks for supply, build and repair mastery at least.

Max supply capacity won’t hurt either, but it’s 300 ranks.

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

X T D.6458

constant switching of wxp rank skills could very easily be abused, I would say give a once a week chance to reset and resassign them. This way for players with a limited number of points who find they invested in something they dont like, they can reset and put it into another line that would be more useful to them.

in WvW

Rangerdeity.5847

it shouldnt in any scenario be more than once at the start of every matchup otherwise its welp i need to treb so ill reset and put points into treb. alright now we are short on people so let me go for max supply capacity. uh oh we are under siege i need to repair let me trait for that real quick….
yah it would get messy

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I have hundreds of points what i cant spend and i have evrything maxed. Reseting is just a lot of clicking for me now :P
I think reset should be available for 1-200 badges

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

traits need a way to be reset because otherwise the only way to move points would be to make a new character. once you reach level 80 you stop getting trait points.

WXP points, on the other hand, never stop. no matter how badly you’ve messed up your points you can always get more. WXP points are more like karma in that regard. you get them for playing, you can spend them, and if you don’t have enough points to get what you want it’s easy to get more.

I’m not at all unhappy that ArenaNet gives us a free WXP reset at the start of every tournament, but I wouldn’t turn down a way to reset them more frequently.

I wouldn’t turn down free gold either. but just because I wouldn’t turn it down, doesn’t mean that it would be healthy for the game.

how about this idea: you can respec your WXP points any time you want, but it costs you 10% of your spent points to do it. so if you have 100 points spent and you want to unspend them, they will all be cleared but you’ll only get 90 returned to you to spend anew (the missing 10 points are lost until the start of the next tournament, when you get a ‘complete’ reset).

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

X T D.6458

I have hundreds of points what i cant spend and i have evrything maxed. Reseting is just a lot of clicking for me now :P
I think reset should be available for 1-200 badges

Thats a good idea actually putting a cost on them, I would also suggest adding a cooldown period of say one week per toon or account to prevent abuse.

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I would like a confirmation pop-up before setting the traits. Last time they reset, I messed up on one of my characters and had to wait 60+ ranks to finish defense against guards. I would like to add and subtract the points, with a final option to save.

And yes, a gem store item to reset wvw traits would be ok with me.

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

once you have 1400 wxp rank it doesnt matter because you have everything.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

What is someone not? Are you suggesting mindlessly grind EOTM?

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I never grinded eotm. Played there max 10 hours. You dont need that just a good, organized wvw team and a good build for your character

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

I never grinded eotm. Played there max 10 hours. You dont need that just a good, organized wvw team and a good build for your character

So, another option, 2 years of WvW-gind, this is faaaaaaaar better, okay.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

You aren’t considering new players. I doubt someone who started even a few months ago could have maxed wxp points… Not everyone spends all of their game time in wvw, and not everyone can play enough time to max their points. So a snarky comment about not needing it at rank 1400 is not relevant. Sometimes people put points into things they never use, or join a wvw guild and learn what they thought was best isn’t. It wouldn’t hurt anybody to have a gem store item that lets these players reset their points.

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

Your first time in WvW you probably didn’t have the right armor, sigils, runes, and traits. However, a build is easy to change. Your first time spending WvW rank points probably weren’t in the correct things you should max out first. Perhaps a trait reset consumable item costing 500 or so badges would be nice so players who made this mistake can fix it.

Jade Quarry since Beta