Would be great if Arenanet...

in WvW

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Lets look at this from another angle as well… if I use this bug will it give me an advantage over some one that doesn’t? Yes. For sure. In multiple ways. Thus the bug should be fixed.

If this is the metric you use to balance games, don’t play MMOs.

While you’re at it, ask Devon to take out guard killer lines, guard defence and ban all sub lvl 80s with no exotics from WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Lets look at this from another angle as well… if I use this bug will it give me an advantage over some one that doesn’t? Yes. For sure. In multiple ways. Thus the bug should be fixed.

If this is the metric you use to balance games, don’t play MMOs.

While you’re at it, ask Devon to take out guard killer lines, guard defence and ban all sub lvl 80s with no exotics from WvW.

That’s an ideal for any game design regardless if it’s an MMO or streetfighter. It’s not actually obtainable, nor do I expect it to be. There will always be bugs that give one player an advantage for using them. At the same time though I don’t complain when bugs are fixed to bring it closer to this ideal.

The guard killer/def/upleveled stuffs are not bugs btw… and they’ve done multiple balance fixes with the scaling of gear for the upleveled players.

Personally I wouldn’t mind seeing the guard killer/def changed, but in the end… that’s up to A-net if they feel that it’s balanced or not.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Aridia.3042

That’s an ideal for any game design regardless if it’s an MMO or streetfighter. It’s not actually obtainable, nor do I expect it to be.

It’s not doable because it’s not suppose to be that way or everyone would have the same skill. It’s only an ideal to justify a bad argument.

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

That’s an ideal for any game design regardless if it’s an MMO or streetfighter. It’s not actually obtainable, nor do I expect it to be.

It’s not doable because it’s not suppose to be that way or everyone would have the same skill. It’s only an ideal to justify a bad argument.

So you’re saying that BUGS are SUPPOSED to exist? I disagree… a bug in a game/program by definition is something that’s not intended.

It has NOTHING to do with everyone having the same skills.

Balance also doesn’t require everyone to have the same skills. There have been many wonderfully balanced games where the different characters have different skills, yet overall they remain balanced.

It might do you a lot of good to read into some game design basics.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Mooodster.3470

Mooodster.3470

We are aware of this, but it is a non-trivial fix. We are hoping to make changes to this by the end of the year.

Not really something to fix. Of all the things that could be implemented in WvW, this is the low to no priority category.

When I said we, I meant ArenaNet in general, I will not have anything to do with the change other than to make sure it plays well with WvW.

just thought i would quote this sense some of you must not have read it the 1st time

in WvW

Aridia.3042

So you’re saying that BUGS are SUPPOSED to exist? I disagree… a bug in a game/program by definition is something that’s not intended.

Balance also doesn’t require everyone to have the same skills. There have been many wonderfully balanced games where the different characters have different skills, yet overall they remain balanced.

Some of the bugs made this game better. Ever played on the week when ACs didn’t work and people were forced to fight open field? Funnest week in WvW for a long time.

If this is a bug, then please get more bugs into the game.

And again, quit dodging the issue, if this bug is such a huge problem, why are FEATURES, aka guard killer/def in the game emulating the features of this “bug”? You yourself said a page back that it’s easy to stack 25 stacks so the barrier to entry is extremely low. Why should builds be hampered because people are too clueless to get a second weapon and sigil?

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

Some of the bugs made this game better. Ever played on the week when ACs didn’t work and people were forced to fight open field? Funnest week in WvW for a long time.

And again, quit dodging the issue, if this bug is such a huge problem, why are FEATURES, aka guard killer/def in the game emulating the features of this “bug”? You yourself said a page back that it’s easy to stack 25 stacks so the barrier to entry is extremely low. Why should builds be hampered because people are too clueless to get a second weapon and sigil?

It wasn’t just AC’s that were bugged, it was all siege other than golems… and that was a wonderful day I agree. However it wasn’t intended to be that way, so it was fixed. Dear god I ranked up so much and had more actual player vs player fights on that day and enjoyed it, but WvW is designed to involve more siege than golems.

On TC we litterally broke through a gari just to go west to get the NW tower… then broke through it again to get the NE tower… then went back and took the gari… all very quickly. That’s not what the dev’s had in mind lol.

I didn’t dodge any question. As far as why sigils are getting fixed but no change (that we know of) is in the works for guard killer/def IDK. That would be a question for some one in the WvW balance team (which I am not a part of). As I said before I feel those could use some tweaking as well, but they are intended.

I don’t have to agree with everything A-net does (like guard killer/def). My point is (once again…) that the sigils leaving their stacks are and have been a well known bug for a long time. Bugs should be fixed. If balance changes need to be done after, then balance it. Unintended bugs shouldn’t just be left there though.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Getting the stacks is laughably easy. There are lots of easy to kill mobs running around. As far as being at a disadvantage… I just see it as a pre-req.

IMO it’s like people that have the guard killer buffs complaining that they need to go kill some guards. It’s not that high of a cost to be paid for a sizable advantage over those who don’t have it.

And it’s not really any different than those buffs. If anything, the fact that it can be used by anyone who’s level 60 or above makes it more accessible and therefore more acceptable.

Yes, it gives an advantage over someone who isn’t using it. The same way that the guard buffs do, or using ascended gear, except it’s much easier for anyone to obtain. It’s not in the slightest bit imbalancing.

The only difference between in bug and a feature in this particular instance is semantics.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

(edited by Khalic.3561)

in WvW

Posted by: Mooodster.3470

Mooodster.3470

i think i get what he is trying to say…so ill use a bug people dont like…gliching threw tower walls…its a bug..it hasnt been fix…so say everyone starts doing that today are you going to be fine with that also..after all everyone can do it so why fix it?

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

Getting the stacks is laughably easy. There are lots of easy to kill mobs running around. As far as being at a disadvantage… I just see it as a pre-req.

IMO it’s like people that have the guard killer buffs complaining that they need to go kill some guards. It’s not that high of a cost to be paid for a sizable advantage over those who don’t have it.

And it’s not really any different than those buffs. If anything, the fact that it can be used by anyone who’s level 60 or above makes it more accessible and therefore more acceptable.

Yes, it gives an advantage over someone who isn’t using it. The same way that the guard buffs do, or using ascended gear, except it’s much easier for anyone to obtain. It’s not in the slightest bit imbalancing.

The only difference between in bug and a feature in this particular instance is semantics.

One is intended and the other isn’t. One the devs did intend and the other they didn’t intend. That’s not semantics. That is a huge difference between the two.

i think i get what he is trying to say…so ill use a bug people dont like…gliching threw tower walls…its a bug..it hasnt been fix…so say everyone starts doing that today are you going to be fine with that also..after all everyone can do it so why fix it?

Sorry if I wasn’t being clear enough. If this helps people understand my point then great and thank you for putting it into terms others might understand more easily.

If I like or don’t like the bug… it doesn’t really matter to me. It should get fixed even if it negatively effects me to have it fixed (which the no sigil swapping would… for multiple characters).

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

You need to be careful about this. What if it is changed and you lose your stack every time you switch weapons. It will make the sigil useless. Suppose I had for example on a ranger longbow and shortbow and often switched between them?

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Way back in beta early release around a year ago these sigils contained text stating if you unequipped the weapon you would lose your stacks.

Swap weapon and you keep your stacks, unequip it and you lose it.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Aridia.3042

It wasn’t just AC’s that were bugged, it was all siege… and that was a wonderful day I agree. However it wasn’t intended to be that way, so it was fixed.

I didn’t dodge any question. As far as why sigils are getting fixed but no change (that we know of) is in the works for guard killer/def IDK. That would be a question for some one in the WvW balance team (which I am not a part of). As I said before I feel those could use some tweaking as well, but they are intended.

I don’t have to agree with everything A-net does (like guard killer/def).

My point is (once again…) that the sigils leaving their stacks are and have been a well known bug for a long time. Bugs should be fixed. If balance changes need to be done after, then balance it. Unintended bugs shouldn’t just be left there though.

The gist of your argument boils down to characterization of the issue. You keep saying it’s a bug, and therefore bugs should be fixed without addressing the nature of the issue. The issue is and should always be: Is it balanced? Is it better for the game? People have shown you in past posts that it is already.

And it’s hard to believe it’s a “bug” when they go reproducing it as a feature in the game. That to me seems more troubling…

We’ll just have to agree to disagree.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Anyone can do this, what’s the problem with it then?

I’d say just that it’s annoying to do.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Khalic.3561

One is intended and the other isn’t. One the devs did intend and the other they didn’t intend. That’s not semantics. That is a huge difference between the two.

The point is that there’s no difference between one system and the other. There is no inherent imbalance. Their intent does not change that. There is no “fix” to be made, when nothing is broken.

Whether they remove or keep the current functionality is their choice to make. But it seems entirely unnecessary.

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

It wasn’t just AC’s that were bugged, it was all siege… and that was a wonderful day I agree. However it wasn’t intended to be that way, so it was fixed.

I don’t have to agree with everything A-net does (like guard killer/def).

My point is (once again…) that the sigils leaving their stacks are and have been a well known bug for a long time. Bugs should be fixed. If balance changes need to be done after, then balance it. Unintended bugs shouldn’t just be left there though.

The gist of your argument boils down to characterization of the issue. You keep saying it’s a bug, and therefore bugs should be fixed without addressing the nature of the issue. The issue is and should always be: Is it balanced? Is it better for the game? People have shown you in past posts that it is already.

And it’s hard to believe it’s a “bug” when they go reproducing it as a feature in the game. That to me seems more troubling…

We’ll just have to agree to disagree.

It wasn’t JUST that though, but yes all bugs should be fixed and if balancing needs to be done after then balance it.

I also know that if one player uses this bug it gives them an advantage over a player that doesn’t.

Guard killer/def also gives the player an advantage, as do all the masteries, which is why I’m not a fan of them. I would have much prefered them to increase the strength of these across the board instead (if they felt it was needed) so that one person that’s just plaid longer doesn’t have an advantage over some one that’s just started. IMO (and this is trying to read the dev’s thoughts so don’t take this as gospel) they wanted to have players feel more unique with the masteries in WvW and that new/old player balance took a bit of a back seat.

The point is that there’s no difference between one system and the other. There is no inherent imbalance. Their intent does not change that. There is no “fix” to be made, when nothing is broken.

Whether they remove or keep the current functionality is their choice to make. But it seems entirely unnecessary.

If one player has an advantage when using the bug then there is an imbalance…

Guard killer/def are also imbalanced (IMO) but it’s not a bug.

That doesn’t make the first or the second imbalance not exist, but from a game design POV there is a large difference between the two. The prior shouldn’t exist in the first place, the latter is in need of adjustment.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Everyone who defend this bug just got used to it. You should realize if this is a bug, someday will be fixed, learn to live without that free stats.

Your arguments is “i want more power for my hero”, just that.

The simple fact of EVERYONE MUST HAVE a alternate weapon set with these sigil to get maximum stats is just ridiculous. There is not options or variety on that, only do it or not for 250 more stats.

in WvW

Khalic.3561

That doesn’t make the first or the second imbalance not exist, but from a game design POV there is a large difference between the two. The prior shouldn’t exist in the first place, the latter is in need of adjustment.

There’s no difference between this and not using a piece of food. The player who chooses not to use a piece of equipment that is extremely accessible is creating a disadvantage for themselves. That does not mean that the equipment is imbalanced.

But it’s obvious at this point that neither of us is going to convince the other.

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

There’s no difference between this and not using a piece of food. The player who chooses not to use a piece of equipment that is extremely accessible is creating a disadvantage for themselves. That does not mean that the equipment is imbalanced.

But it’s obvious at this point that neither of us is going to convince the other.

Well it’s obvious that I’m right… lol

We’re just looking at it from 2 different perspectives and coming up with different assessments. That’s totally fine, but hopefully you can see it from another POV now (as can I).

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Everyone who defend this bug just got used to it. You should realize if this is a bug, someday will be fixed, learn to live without that free stats.

The simple fact of EVERYONE MUST HAVE a alternate weapon set with these sigil to get maximum stats is just ridiculous. There is not options or variety on that, only do it or not for 250 more stats.

Anyone with half a clue and an understanding of the weapon swap system understands completely why the sigil stacks work they way they do. This is not a bug or an exploit and is entirely within reason as to why it works the way it does.

You are welcome to think it should work differently, you are welcome to ask for it to work differently, but stop calling it a bug and/or exploit

If having an alternate weapon set is an incredible hard target for a person to achieve, then frankly extra stats wont help them anyways.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

Anyone with half a clue and an understanding of the weapon swap system understands completely why the sigil stacks work they way they do. This is not a bug or an exploit and is entirely within reason as to why it works the way it does.

You are welcome to think it should work differently, you are welcome to ask for it to work differently, but stop calling it a bug and/or exploit

If having an alternate weapon set is an incredible hard target for a person to achieve, then frankly extra stats wont help them anyways.

It was called a bug long long ago by the devs iirc (can’t be bothered to dig through all of the old dev’s posts).

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

It was called a bug long long ago by the devs iirc (can’t be bothered to dig through all of the old dev’s posts).

I saw at least three dev posts correcting that dev post to point out the limitations imposed by weapon swap and that it was not a bug, just how it currently works.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

I saw at least three dev posts correcting that dev post to point out the limitations imposed by weapon swap and that it was not a bug, just how it currently works.

Those flip-floppers!

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

Ye, because they didn’t know and still don’t know how to fix it. So their choice was to call it feature rather then bug. Other game modes don’t allow change of weapon set before a round is over, so it’s only a problem in wvw (or pve where noone cares, because mobs are weak sauce anyways).

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Tei.1704

Tei.1704

We are aware of this, but it is a non-trivial fix. We are hoping to make changes to this by the end of the year.

Wait, Anet actually considers this an issue? I hope you’re just telling the OP what he wants to hear. You do realize consumables let people do absurd kitten right? Warriors run around immune to snaring. +40% condition duration food makes the already very strong condi builds even stronger. Applied fortitude gives the same amount of attribute points as any stacking sigil, but is much less accessible. The changes to the borderlands will bring back a mechanic similar to the orbs. Whatever advantage holding the points provides will likely go to the side with the most people on the map, the side that needs it the least. Weapon switching for sigils is by far the most fair and accessible of everything above, but you supposedly have plans to address it by the end of the year.

I’ve accepted that wvw is and will always be unbalanced and unfair as hell. If you, Anet, decide you want less “unfair” advantages in WvW and the game in general, I think that would be great. However, you need to be consistent about. Don’t nerf my ability to have +250 healing power, +5% crit chance & a sigil of hydromancy while warriors can run around completely ignoring snares. If you could forward this sentiment to whoever is handling this, that would be great.

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Meh, it’s a non issue.

I use stacks, food, and sharpening stones to add alittle extra umph to my hits. Keep it the same and I don’t care. Change it and I just have to tag a target with another hit or two. No big deal. I only use it because it’s the current direct damage meta. If it stops being an option then so be it. It’s mostly just gonna nerf weapons with a DPS that relies on multi-attack skills if they take it out, I.E. ranger bows and warrior greatsword.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

If this gets modified… the the stacks have to drop on weapon switch too. Some classes don’t have alternate weapons to switch to and would be hit twice as hard by this change than the rest. In addition, two handed weapon users would also be hit hard because they only get the benefit of one to begin with.

Why this is even being considered period only shows how out of touch Anet is with their own game and the limitations of classes/weapon sets.

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Why this is even being considered period only shows how out of touch Anet is with their own game and the limitations of classes/weapon sets.

Anet has never been in touch with their own game.

Why, two handed weapons still only have ONE sigil slot after a whole year due to “technical limitations” (read:laziness)

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in WvW

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Perhaps you should reintroduce them when you have it fixed, that would be the smart thing to do.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

if everyone has access to the same sigils, how can this be a problem?

if you don’t have the money for the superior one, the major gives 7 points per stack instead of 10 and costs about 3 silvers and you can get a weapon from wvw vendors for 130ish badges + 1g (that you make in less than one night)

in WvW

Posted by: Erasmus.1624

Erasmus.1624

Sigil stacks go away when you get downed… then you’re forced to hit 25 things again if you want the stacks back. MAN, IT SURE WOULD BE GREAT IF SIGIL STACKS DIDN’T GO AWAY WHEN YOU GET DOWNED.

(edited by Erasmus.1624)

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There are two downsides to stacking sigils that don’t apply to others:

1. Stacking sigils require 25 kills before reaching their full potential; other sigils are always at full strength.
  2. Stacking sigils lose all benefits after being downed; other sigils are unaffected.

Currently, there are two benefits to stacking sigils that don’t exist for other upgrades:

1. You maintain the bonus even after swapping.
  2. You maintain the bonus even after unequipping the weapon with the stacking sigil.

While it might be the case that the two trade-offs are too strong relative to the first benefit, the second benefit seems unbalanced on its face: where else in the game to you maintain a benefit without the thing granting the benefit being in use? Why should one type of sigil work after returning the weapon to your inventory, but none of the others do?

I admit I enjoy the benefits of the current setup, but I also have to admit that it seems unbalanced. Is it important enough to prioritize over other issues? How much developer time is worth investing in the solution? Eh, if I were in charge, it would be far down the list, but without knowing more details, I can’t fault ANet for addressing this.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: XanoNymOuS.5407

XanoNymOuS.5407

I think that OP’s problem is that the sigil is stacked even while not wielding the weapon and not weaponswap. Ie this can make it possible to have 1x +5% dmg 1x +3 stacks might on weapon swap and 25 stacks bloodlust on both weapon sets.

XyrosFrø

in WvW

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Anyone can do this, what’s the problem with it then?

I second this question…. What’s the big deal if you can pull this off as well? It’s not like ANYONE has a distinct advantage due to this “bug”. None of those Sigils are outrageously priced or hard to get. I get that it needs to be fixed, (I guess), but it’s certainly not a pressing issue.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

While it might be the case that the two trade-offs are too strong relative to the first benefit, the second benefit seems unbalanced on its face: where else in the game to you maintain a benefit without the thing granting the benefit being in use? Why should one type of sigil work after returning the weapon to your inventory, but none of the others do?

What if you class mechanic doesn’t have weapon swapping period like the other classes? Elementalists for example, have no choice but to return weapons to inventory if they want to ‘swap’.

in WvW

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

There are two downsides to stacking sigils that don’t apply to others:

1. Stacking sigils require 25 kills before reaching their full potential; other sigils are always at full strength.
  2. Stacking sigils lose all benefits after being downed; other sigils are unaffected.

Currently, there are two benefits to stacking sigils that don’t exist for other upgrades:

1. You maintain the bonus even after swapping.
  2. You maintain the bonus even after unequipping the weapon with the stacking sigil.

I admit I enjoy the benefits of the current setup, but I also have to admit that it seems unbalanced. Is it important enough to prioritize over other issues? How much developer time is worth investing in the solution? Eh, if I were in charge, it would be far down the list, but without knowing more details, I can’t fault ANet for addressing this.

Sorry but no.

The benefit is that, when at full stack, it offers a benefit that is stronger than any other sigil. The cost is that in the attempt to reach max stack, you can lose your progress if downed.

The problems with it are;

You lose it on map change.
You lose it when logging off the character.
You keep it even after unequipping.

The first two of those three points are comparable to food buffs. You don’t lose food buffs when switching maps. You don’t even lose the buffs when you log out (in fact the remaining time is paused).

The third isn’t comparable but it’s already been addressed by a dev in this thread.

in WvW

Posted by: skillionaire.3574

skillionaire.3574

Completely dumb post imo. I think the allowance of stacking free stats gives great flexibility to builds. PLus the op’s logic makes no sense. Since everyone can do it. No one really has a problem with it.

When you see these gvg farming groups (for wxp) attaining mastery’s far quicker than normal players who actually wvw. They always have advantage with extra vit and power. At least with this free stacking normal player can balance things out.

(edited by skillionaire.3574)

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Completely dumb post imo. I think the allowance of stacking free stats gives great flexibility to builds. PLus the op’s logic makes no sense. Since everyone can do it. No one really has a problem with it.

When you see these gvg farming groups (for wxp) attaining mastery’s far quicker than normal players who actually wvw. They always have advantage with extra vit and power. At least with this free stacking normal player can balance things out.

Skilionaire, like to you or not, even if you think is dumb or have no logic, is not how supposed to work. And they will fix it.

To your “logic” the best way will be arenanet give to everyone 250 free stats to spend in whatever their want… right? Afterall everyone can stack or use that bug, and is so useful, why waste everyone time farming stacks? just free stats for everyone without cost… right? To “balance their builds”

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

What if you class mechanic doesn’t have weapon swapping period like the other classes? Elementalists for example, have no choice but to return weapons to inventory if they want to ‘swap’.

Exactly. If this does get changed, then elementalists and engineers need to be given an in combat weapon swap. Otherwise it completely screws over both of those classes and puts them at a disadvantage compared to all the others who can swap weapons. If it’s going to be removed from removing weapons then either give eles and engineers in combat weapon swap, or make the stacks disappear on weapon swap as well.

in WvW

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

please DO NOT fix this. this is not even a bug

Roleplayer.

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

PLEASE stop bowing down to these people, this game has had FAR to much carebear nerfs to classes and skills as people refuse to adapt and learn how to counter. Soon they will be asking for Healing skills to be removed, dodging to be removed. You carry on like this and the game will be RUINED!

Their is nothing wrong with the current setup, you might get the extra stats but you also have to work for them and they are lost when you are downed.

If anything it would be nice if you added some for Toughness and Vitality as well, this would be an even greater step towards build diversity.

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Exactly. If this does get changed, then elementalists and engineers need to be given an in combat weapon swap. Otherwise it completely screws over both of those classes and puts them at a disadvantage compared to all the others who can swap weapons. If it’s going to be removed from removing weapons then either give eles and engineers in combat weapon swap, or make the stacks disappear on weapon swap as well.

Its far more of a threat to Ele then it is Engineer. At least they have the option between range and melee combat no matter what weapon they choose thanks to the kits, if an Ele is D/D ALL they can do is Melee

in WvW

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Its far more of a threat to Ele then it is Engineer. At least they have the option between range and melee combat no matter what weapon they choose thanks to the kits, if an Ele is D/D ALL they can do is Melee

Wait what? Who cares? Both classes will be getting screwed royally and your point is, " No ele is worse off". Instead of saying inane kitten like that realize both classes are getting the shaft in the same effing way. The bullkitten where one class plays the victim while others see the overall problem is what derails threads like this. Whether you play ele or engineer this is a major issue.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Hey this makes no sense because of swaping weapons… loosing stacks would not be welcome. And it’s not like only some can build up and twink up his toon, it’s fair as anyone can do it com’on there are some major issues that need to be fix this isn’t an issue even !
Sad times.

(edited by Titan.3472)

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

All my chars have weaps for stacking but I support this change. It does not make a lot of sense to be able to stack with one set of weaps and just swap to another set. Seeing someone with stacks on them will actually mean something if they make this change. Obviously, you should not lose stacks simply for swapping to your second equipped set and back—only if you de-equip the stacking weapon. Make it happen.

Maid Of The Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

There are much larger issues to fix than this. Bloodlust stacking is NOT unbalanced. As it has been stated before, it takes time to gain those stacks and you can lose them in multiple ways, through switching maps, logging off, or getting downed. These mechanics alone balance out the extra power gained at 25 stacks.

The problem many competitive games have is that instead of buffing areas to make the game more balanced, developers find it safer to simply nerf everything. With the former, you gain new possibilities for builds, while the latter results in losing options and many sticking to a small number of builds. If you decide to change sigil stacking so that it requires you to keep the weapon equipped, you may very well see no one using them.

A side note: For a lot of balanced builds, bloodlust stacks allow us to make up for the lack of attack potential in our builds. The ele is a great example. With low health and armor and mediocre damage, any viable balanced build needs the bloodlust stacks to put out any sort of meaningful damage on enemies, or they won’t be able to even attack opponents because they’re downed/dead. The fact that eles are limited to one weaponset exacerbates the problem even more. Of course, this brings us to the fact that profession balance is a higher priority at this point and should be focused on more so than this silly sigil stacking feature “bug”.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

(edited by Mirsa.1628)

in WvW

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Works fine as is. Leave it alone. I have both stacks for sigils perma sigil or on swaps and I actually hardly every use the sigil stats because I expect to die a lot.

Its not game breaking at all. Either use it or use another sigil for on crit or swap or w/e

Stop whining.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

The day you guys introduce a nerf to sigils that are working completely fine because some people are QQing like usual is the day myself and tons of other people lose the little faith we have left for this game type. Stop nerfing/changing things that aren’t game breaking because people think its creating some magical unfair advantage when it isn’t. Everyone has the ability to obtain these items and do exactly what they’re complaining about, it’s not our fault they aren’t and we are.

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate