Would like lords and guards to be changed

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

This is obviously my personal opinion on what I would like to see in WvsW.

EBG:
I would like Tower/keep lords to be changed such that they have significantly less hp and significantly more damage. To give you a rough idea I would like their hp values to be halved and their damage values doubled or even tripled. The scaling can be kept, just change the base lord to fit these new parameters.

I would also give tower lords a potential aoe move if they are scaled past a certain mark due to playercount…so they can do some relevant damage against distracted/unorganized large groups of people, especially if there are players fighting with the lord. One might even consider some kind of buff when players are fighting near their lord….similar to how dolyak’s get their shield…..except maybe its a different kind of ability than damage reduction.

I think the castle lord is actually the one thing on the map that is fine as is. It can rek small groups by itself….and I have no idea how to solo him with my warrior, didn’t work well when i tried it.

DL BL:
Honestly I can solo all of these lords and everyone on the stupid map pretty easily. Alot of the lords don’t scale at all depending on the number of enemies. The lord in Academy is one of them that is so kitten against large groups that its not even funny. i would like all the lords on this bl to be kept the same but have significantly higher scaling when there is more than 1 player present attacking it. i would also make the damage/knockback of fire keep lord’s tremor higher…and fix the pathfinding that allows pretty much anyone to solo her taking hardly any damage. I would increase the defiance bar on certain lords as well…fire keep by a little bit….academy by ALOT…. the 2 South towers by a moderate amount. The lords in DL BL presently never last long and they definitely dont do the damage to kill anything of importance.

Guards:
I would like less guards but stronger more powerful ones instead. The vast majority are just standing around doing absolutely no damage or crowd control anyways..they are pretty useless and just a general annoyance to have all over. So cut current guard sizes down by 50%….boom less pve! Make 25% of the remaining much more powerful. And keep 25% the same….but make them move around more and get into the fights when they are needed. the idea you need a static guard stationed at the front of every wall is flawed logic and represents a lack of creative and meaningful pve.

So overall this translates into players for the pve component: doing more skilled fighting when pve is involved (that is equally distributed so everyone is more involved), but spending significantly less time doing pve overall.

Not welcoming to new players? Well of course it isn’t! They have to have exotic level gear to do anything frontline. Easy solution? Scale equipment to rare (yellow) quality stats while in wvsw if they have something below rare equipped. I’d say do it to exotic level but that might cause an outrage at the Tp (you guys have already made a kitten load of money off us on siege/food/guildupgrades/etc…time to invest a little so we can secure future business for you i.e. players)….so settle for rare quality. Or don’t do that I’m fine with the mode sticking to an endgame mentality, but then you can’t complain it isn’t an accessible enough mode with these changes.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I like most of this, the most boring part about NPC’s is hitpoint sponges, really miss that NPC’s can be killed fast, and can kill you fast back.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Plus less guards cause less lagg and choppy fps in higher population servers.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

Oh ANet! Look what you did! We had a flawed but wonderful game mode but now people are talking about the relative merits of NPC guards and lords. I don’t blame you that much for your mistakes. We all make mistakes. But your hubris is unforgivable.

in WvW

Posted by: Peazomanco.7259

Peazomanco.7259

lords are meant to be hard to kill to buy time for defenders to come to help not to kill a zerg while is busy fighting.

Doing as you suggest would reduce bosses to break defy bar and easy kill them, also making pvdoor easier.

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

SM lord is just lame to kill, so much hp when you are a zerge 50+ takes like forever…

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

SM lord is just lame to kill, so much hp when you are a zerge 50+ takes like forever…

Dynamic scaling. The more players around the Lord, the more HP he has. Don’t take a 50 man zerg to kill the lord. Also, if you can’t do it fast, your builds/equipment are just wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

Dynamic scaling. The more players around the Lord, the more HP he has. Don’t take a 50 man zerg to kill the lord. Also, if you can’t do it fast, your builds/equipment are just wrong.

WvW lords are scaling with every player on grid. Even the defender.
Try a 3-way fight with Iron Guards Improvement slotted.