Would you complete Season 2 achievements?

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Lets say in the new year Season 2 of WvW is announced, similar achievements earning a key which unlocks a chest at the end of 7 weeks. Again Anet keep the rewards TOP SECRET.

Would you do the achievements to get the key/rewards?

Yes or No?

Me personally…No.

Feedback for Anet so far:-
Yes: 45 (60%)
No: 30 (40%)

Players who mainly do WvW seem to view it as a nice bonus and get 70-90% of the achievements by playing normally.

Other players who don’t normally do a lot of WvW seem most disappointed.

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Yes…

As I didn’t go out of my way to complete season 1’s meta and just WvW’ed as normal, its wasn’t a inconvenience. I’m thankful that anet gave me rewards for playing the game mode I enjoy and would have played regardless of seasons.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Lol, I completed them passively. I didn’t go out of my way to get the achievements because I play wvw for wvw, not this pve achievements garbage. If the only reason you came into wvw was to get the achievements then I have no sympathy for you. I personally hope all the pvers on my server don’t come back if there is a season 2. The queue’s were horrid long because people wanted to do the jumping puzzle or cap the ruins.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in WvW

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

The rewards are inadequate. Most of the WvW players would complete them passively (save the jumping puzzles). However motivating PvE players to participate in WvW Season Two will certainly be much harder if nothing is done to amend the rewards.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Sure I would, took me 6 weeks as a roamer but I still got them done at my pace. Also being a long time wvw player I expected even lass from the chest then we got.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

I would. Simple for me really. Fight weekly in WvW like I do season or no season, yet with the season I get a little bonus chest in the end, so why wouldn’t I? It’s not like the meta was hard to complete if you play WvW on any kind of regular basis. If I was a PvE player who came simply for the chest, then probably no

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Absolutely… after the [censored]storm ANet is getting from this season do you honestly expect them to make the same mistake the second time around? The only thing I’ll do different is actually move to a server that won’t become a deserted wasteland after 1 week making the final 6 weeks of the season absolutely miserable.

in WvW

Posted by: patasde.6087

patasde.6087

a did them on normal days in www no hunting for them but… that reward was quite disappointment

in WvW

Posted by: Arnon.1563

Arnon.1563

Yes, I had to go out of my way for JPs and ruins, but it was easy. Now if ya killed Doylaks I feel a little sorry for ya.

in WvW

Posted by: Mirah.5613

Mirah.5613

0/10 would not complete

Ash – [RET] Guardian – FA
#poopootiem

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Would i make ANY effort to complete them judging from the rewards this season? No, absolutely not.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

Not on purpose.

It may happen anyway. I enjoy WvW, and you tend to rack up points in the normal process of killing folks and taking their stuff. I am not going to focus on achievement hunting, though, when the reward is the same as knocking out a few temples and champs.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Lets say in the new year Season 2 of WvW is announced, similar achievements earning a key which unlocks a chest at the end of 7 weeks. Again Anet keep the rewards TOP SECRET.

Would you do the achievements to get the key/rewards?

Yes or No?

Me personally…No.

My season 1 achieves completed themselves via regular WvW gameplay, except for 2 borderland jumping puzzles, which wasn’t that bad, so if I still play GW2 (which right now is questionable), I do not see why I would not complete them.

However, as stated above, I might leave WvW or GW2 altogether unless I see something concrete and very soon with regards to coverage gaps / population imbalances. And I don’t see the new map as any solution. People will go play it while its new and then abandon it once the novelty wears off. It will cause huge problems on lower tiers where we cant fill our maps and have zero off-time coverage already while rewarding server stackers. Its very bad game design altogether.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i would probably complete it as i play wvw a lot but i will not stress about it at all. honestly running dungeons 1 day is 100 percent more rewarding than that insulting reward chest

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

I received a cool title for finishing the Season 1 meta. I’m satisfied.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Meh, why not? It’s not like there’s much else to do in WvW. Might as well spend the time on achievements to have something to do other than farm bags (or be farmed for bags).

Besides, the rewards might be yet another box of RNG crap (as usual); but at least it may fetch me a gold or two on the TP. The limited-use finisher was a bit of a slap in the face though.

Still, I would have preferred something more related to WvW in terms of rewards. So instead of random green vendor-trash it might have been better to have Siege BP’s or something.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

I won’t be playing the typical wvw when the new map comes out. This season has totally burnt me out and be reward, to be blunt, was kittening bullkitten compared to the hours of blood, sweat, tears and breakdowns of everything.

Arena net kittened up wvw big time. Shorter matchups sound perfect to me, nice new dynamic map! I won’t bother with the original anymore, and especially the second season.

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Chess Jurist.3580

Chess Jurist.3580

I play wvw alot so I probably will, but I deffs wont be putting all my effort into them thats for sure

in WvW

Posted by: Aldain.2380

Aldain.2380

Hell no, there is no chance

in WvW

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

I sincerely hope that ArenaNet addresses this issue so that players are motivated to participate in WvW in the future.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Yep, got this one without much of a hassle (JPs I had to go out of my way for)

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

I sincerely hope that ArenaNet addresses this issue so that players are motivated to participate in WvW in the future.

Players played wvw before the meta achievements, why do think everybody will just quit because there is no motivation?

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Yes. I would complete season 2 achievements but only because I would get them from actually playing WvW. I wouldn’t be purposely farming them.

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

You fool me once shame on you, you fool me twice shame on me…so NO

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I didn’t even complete my Achievements, so no. xD

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

Yes, if most of them can be achieved by simply playing WvW instead of doing the same thing over and over again (aka farming).

in WvW

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

I’d complete it just because I’m doing WvW anyway. If I were a PvEr I wouldn’t step into WvW for the rewards at all. Season 1 reward for 2 months of battling are embarrassing.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I only went out of my way for the ruins. I randomly did the jumping puzzles anyway, and the other achievements were earned through my normal play. So yes, I’d probably complete season 2 achievements.

in WvW

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

Depends on the title, I liked “Veteran of the Mists”, that alone is a good reward for me.

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Hell to the no, not unless they told us what the awards were before hand, even then they would have to be pretty good.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Thank god all the baddie pvers won’t be coming to wvw anymore. I can finally play without 2 hour queues.

in WvW

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

no

I enjoy WvW a lot, the metaachievement required to do things I normally don’t (JPs, ruins, focus on boring repairing,..). I won’t do this again, just run around with our fun group and capture keeps and towers.

I can’t understand how so much effort (I’ve done far less for the 2-week PvE content meta to get nice skins) gets so little reward. I’m quite frustrated at the moment, good for me that Starbound went live, I’ll take a break from GW2 until I’m over it.

Should have just ignored the blogpost about the “better rewards”. Too high expectations, my own fault.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in WvW

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

I wouldn’t intentionally try to complete the achievement. Although I’m annoyed, we all expected this. There were plenty of threads in the last few weeks poking fun at how horrible the rewards would be, so can we really sit here surprised?

Also, Starbound just released so I’m in a fairly good mood.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

If they just happen to complete themselves yes but I am sure as hell not going to farm yaks or run circles around the ruins to get them like I did in season 1.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: sjr.8241

sjr.8241

I would likely still do them, as I have ended up being a bit of an achievement kitten of late. Though listening to guild chatter and server chatter in LA not many others will be doing it.

in WvW

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

I would have done them even if there wasnt the stupid key as a reward. It may have taken a while but I flipped 50 mercenary camps for that 16 AP!

in WvW

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

Yup. WvW is fun for the WvW, and I don’t mind taking a bit of extra time to go for the oddball ones like 50 merc camps or sentries.

Chest was just a bonus anyways.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

in WvW

Posted by: bubblyball.7591

bubblyball.7591

Stop complaining at least you guys got the chest… i havent

in WvW

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Yes definitely. I completed 15 of the meta achievements within a week of roaming. Everyone who said no in this thread is a pve casual.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in WvW

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

nop, not even gonna participate

Are you Shpongled?

in WvW

Posted by: bubblyball.7591

bubblyball.7591

good for the wvw ppl there will be less pve pugz in wvw
but still i havent got my chest and im starting to be really sad……………..

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Yes because I just played WvW as I normally do and the achievements just ticked themselves off without having to focus on them.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in WvW

Posted by: SkeletalLlama.5381

SkeletalLlama.5381

I’m not even going to look at the achievements or the score in season 2 if I can avoid it. Both are meaningless. I’ll just play WvW like normal and forget the seasons even exist because there’s no point to them.

in WvW

Posted by: Deviija.7869

Deviija.7869

I play WvW to WvW, but I am definitely not going out of my way next season for the achievements/rewards seeing how this went.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Feedback for Anet so far:-

Yes: 20 (59%)
No: 14 (41%)

Majority seem happy with achievements and rewards so far, considering it a bonus for what they would normally do in WvW anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Yes, because I still need to do my dailies…

-S o S-

in WvW

Posted by: Guru.1582

Guru.1582

Of course not. After seeing how poorly Season 1 was handled?

in WvW

Posted by: Linawen.5176

Linawen.5176

The rewards were crap…not gonna waste my time.

in WvW

Posted by: calankh.3248

calankh.3248

Sure. Rewards were what I expected. As long as there’s a neat mini involved I’d probably do them.

in WvW

Posted by: Deathwish.5620

Deathwish.5620

No way I care about season 2, season 1 was dissapointing to the point of depressing. Our server was #1 and I can’t even begin to describe the amount of expense and effort that went into winning. Many of our commanders spent 24 hour or more straight shifts and spent crazy amounts of gold, the whole server sacrificed way beyond a normal amount of time to secure the win. To get a chest with items in it I could get in a day of farming after 6 weeks of grinding, frankly was more of an insult than a dissapointment to me and everyone else I have discussed this with. Most people I talk to basically are saying they would really like to suggest to A-net where they can put season 2 personaly I agree with them.