in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Simple yes or no please.

Would you like to see WvW reverted?

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

I would like to see them make a new map so we have 1 alpine BL, 1 desert BL, 1 new BL and EB.

having 3 of the same BL is lazy.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

Yes

Delete EB and replace it with Desert Borderland.
Delete EOTM so we can get more people into real WvW.
Bring back the old home borders and tweak them a little bit.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

No. Fix with what you have do not go backwards and try to keep moving forward. I am not sure if the old BLs where working out well as where any way.
From a real point of view a lot of time and work was sink into the new BL systems ect.. there is NO way they are going to go back on that much work to the old BL / systems.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

EB needs similar face lifting.

That PVE event at center needs to be removed. It opens gates to the lord rooms. Horrible to defend.

Cannon and oil users need to be protected. Cannons are placed really poorly. I personally promised that I never ever use cannon and oil because I have died there so often and because cannon can be used so little time in the red circles that they are useless.

I wait for Camelot Unchained (where this type wvw was copied, so people say). CU developers want player advices at their forums. It is kickstarter project; they better listen their funders. Check their youtube videos on how it is developing.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

EB needs similar face lifting.

That PVE event at center needs to be removed. It opens gates to the lord rooms. Horrible to defend.

Cannon and oil users need to be protected. Cannons are placed really poorly. I personally promised that I never ever use cannon and oil because I have died there so often and because cannon can be used so little time in the red circles that they are useless.

I wait for Camelot Unchained (where this type wvw was copied, so people say). CU developers want player advices at their forums. It is kickstarter project; they better listen their funders. Check their youtube videos on how it is developing.

More on the lines of pve in RvR your simply not going to get away from it the center event is a good “under dog” trick to push a bl that has become way too stagent. That and the pve event as you call it in the center is much more pvp due to killing players makes them drop the “orbs” it just happens that you need to kill mobs to a point so one side cant simply rush the event and get ppl unawhere of it.

The big things about other RvR games or the pure RvR games they are still mmorpgs and they still have level / gear progression on some type. What this means is in these game your going to need more pve in your RvR so you and others can progress to some level. In a lot of ways GW2 can keep a lot of pve out of wvw becuse it has a pve only part of the game. In games where you just have RvR you cant make a true separation between the game types and you will find ppl giving up on pvp goals for more pve aimed goals.
Even in open pvp games you tend to find pve being the main drive to have ppl do something other then staying safe. Human conditions to try to minimize risk and max rewards.

Just think about it images how much worst would it be if you could not get any gear to use in wvw with out getting it in wvw there by meaning a need to put ways to get that gear in wvw. The krama trains would be so much more needed then ever befor becuse there would be no super rewarding content out side of wvw to build your self up.

Any way i feel that they should some what changes the new BL and EotM but to comply revered wvw back to a point before HoT is a very bad ideal.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

Or do a another bl and make this new ones the eotm2 map… if not possible, then
yes! Plz revert

in WvW

Posted by: infinityandbeyond.9652

infinityandbeyond.9652

Message Body length must at least be 15.

YES

Infi Erratum.
Snafs Golem Emporium SoS

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yes, i want it reverted

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

No

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

There is good thing on this map… Fortified gate, higher wall, protected dolly. But a lot of bad thing… Auto free upgrade, central event, no wp on side keep, no tactical advantage to hold tower…
The map itself will not be changed by anet, they have spent to much money to make it… And if you control the keep and you learn the shortcut you can run very fast… But you have to always WP to rampart.
And on my opinion they have made this BL for each side control one part of each BL. Then you are always close to your WP. But we don’t have enough people to defend 1BL at off peak time, how should we have enough to cover 3 ?

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

No.

I prefer to see everyone complain about borderlands they havn’t actually tried, rather then the hundreds of threads I saw before that were demanding a need for new BLs with more choke point.

I prefer to see folks complain about getting what they demanded.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Sich.7103

No.

I prefer to see everyone complain about borderlands they havn’t actually tried

lol…. I have play plenty hours on this new map…. off peak time, prime time…. Really a lot…
And if you can have some fun during prime time because there is people on the map at off peak time it’s a dead zone…
Before you had few activity, but you have something to do… Managing upgrade, placing siege (because keep was interesting with the WP), running doly, asking for help to defend supply camp…

No all run alone…. Really alone… You just have to take back supply camp… Shrine are useless if there is no ennemy on the map.

Before when the south camp where tagged, you can use the WP on the side keep to try to defend it. Now no one will try, too much to run… You will just go later to take it back.

This make less pvp and more pve. Before roamer had people to fight, because defender where able to jump quickly where the contest is. Now all take too much time, roamer will not see ennemy…

We need non auto upgrade, we need supply to do the upgrade, we need the old max supply storage and we need WP on all the keep but only at T3.
And yes this is more difficult to upgrade this way, but more challenging and more interesting. And I play as defender, mainly scout or defending supply line.

Oh and don’t forget some solution for small guild or personnal guild to activate upgrade… As scout I had 2 personnal guild for that… Now it’s impossible to activate upgrade for those guilds… I will only be able to activate the upgrade for the main server guild…

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Revert back to BL with quaggan lake. Delete EotM. Make the new BL a PvE map; or just trash it.

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

Yes, restore to 3 years ago, fix orbs, remove PvE mobs…. New amazing WvW experience complete =)

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: FOKOZUYNEN.8206

FOKOZUYNEN.8206

If they dont do something and will remain this borders… .by the end of this month when i will finish mastery in pve i will quite this game.

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I would like to see them make a new map so we have 1 alpine BL, 1 desert BL, 1 new BL and EB.

having 3 of the same BL is lazy.

This

in WvW

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

No.

Go further in progress, not stay behind. The Yes people are just out of their comfort zone, don’t want to adept nor find new strategy. Give them a wide open field with nothing and they might like it.

They should have changed EB too, so people will take their time to learn and play it.

Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

No.

Go further in progress, not stay behind. The Yes people are just out of their comfort zone, don’t want to adept nor find new strategy. Give them a wide open field with nothing and they might like it.

They should have changed EB too, so people will take their time to learn and play it.

One thing I wish they would change in EB, that the new BLs have, is how they reworked the ledges on the keeps.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Simply reskin EB and add some new strategic points.

Don’t simply add the old BL with the new BL in the same match up cause the server with the old BL will be hammered. Everybody will queue for that map.

is that me or the lag in WvW as never been worst as of late?

Heiann – NSP

(edited by yanoch.7051)

in WvW

Posted by: KingofWizard.7983

KingofWizard.7983

Yes. Or reduce this new map to 60% of its size and Remove auto upgrades and PVE content that destroys gates.

in WvW

Posted by: Shock.3826

Shock.3826

Hi dont get me wrong here, i think the developers have put a lot of time in but the fact the bl,s are so big are a deterrent to the most avid WvW players. I have been on there playing WvW for almost three years and the feed back im getting from all the players in different guilds is they dont like the sheer size of the new maps. The developers must know how low, the numbers have been ! this will not be good for the game, this is only my view.
Regards
Shock

in WvW

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

Nah, I’m actually starting to enjoy the new maps and the only place that still confuses me is the air keep ^^

I would however prefer if we could get rid of the autoupgrade and fortified gates. Last night we were trying to do some smallscale and recaptured towers on our home border etc. but yeah, we encountered some t3 towers and with 2 superior rams it almost took us 5 minutes to get through one gate despite mastery…

I also don’t like some of the new lords. It’s good that lords now scale with the numbers of attackers. Most of them are easy to kill with small groups but don’t melt in mere seconds when attacked by a full zerg but some of the lords just have too much health (sm) or do some crazy stuff (fire keep).

And please bring back guild bank and repair npc in keeps and fix the outfitters… please…

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

No take a bulldozer on new map and make it flatter and only have EOTM up with its queue on at least 3maps.

in WvW

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

No.

No. I completely agree with the above comment.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

in WvW

Posted by: akeldama.6709

akeldama.6709

No.

What they need largely is to be FILLED. What I wouldn’t give for the multiple map queues pre-WvW Seasons. Remember when EotM was actually used as intended for queue overflow? Me neither.

in WvW

Posted by: Izay.8725

Izay.8725

The new borderland isn’t that horrible if you’re able to navigate through it, the problem is that there’s too many ledges, hills. stairs, etc. that you have to go through to get to your destination making it feel like the map is extremely big then add in the fact that people take wrong turns/get lost. I think the new map is amazing and adds a breath of fresh air to WvW, it just takes time to get used to. I did like that idea mentioned here before that instead of having 3 BL’s and EB to make it so it’s EB, Alpine and Desert to condense the population further for WvW and it would be nice to see Edge of the Mist only be available during the weekend(reset) or whenever there’s a queue.

in WvW

Sich.7103

just give back the WP and the map will no more seem to be so big.

in WvW

Posted by: Angelyne.2936

Angelyne.2936

EotM was release far too late. today they should just desactivate it, or use it as the 3rd borderland map, so they could have 1 alpine, one desert, one “cloudy”.

Angelyne – Guild Leader for Metatrone – Vizunah Square [Fr] on EU Ladder

in WvW

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

Yes or no doesn’t suffice.

Yes until they can fix the glaring issues with the new map based on the feedback they were given both during beta and after release.

Hopefully this post isn’t deleted.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

If you think NO, don’t bump the thread by saying so, just continue to enjoy the game and leave the forum full of crybabies and whiners.

THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

just give back the WP and the map will no more seem to be so big.

Agreed. The map is big because we complained about zergs being able to get to any point of the map to quick… I remember people saying about how to slow the zerg… so they designed a map thinking of it. If you want to own this map you have to split your blob… now the issue is… there are no blobs anymore…. I hope this is a matter of time this weekend I saw more commanders on the new map and more people.

And yes the laser is ridiculous.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: Angelyne.2936

Angelyne.2936

Shut off that laser and that will be a good start.

Angelyne – Guild Leader for Metatrone – Vizunah Square [Fr] on EU Ladder

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Yes

Delete EB and replace it with Desert Borderland.
Delete EOTM so we can get more people into real WvW.
Bring back the old home borders and tweak them a little bit.

This. So much this.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Taffy Catt.2784

Taffy Catt.2784

Yes please, another +1 for bringing back the Alpine map.

in WvW

Posted by: Gwildor.4697

Gwildor.4697

Yes.. sorry but the new map is too big for low populated servers, there’s simply no one on the maps even at peak times and if they are, you’ll never find them within the labyrinth of levels. I loved WvW, that was my end game, now…. hmmm.. ANet should have stuck to the “Keep It Simply” way of doing it.

in WvW

Posted by: Relajo.4375

Relajo.4375

Yes.

Old borderlands were tested and molded thanks to three years of player feedback. They worked, and there was no reason to completely reinvent the wheel in this case. If you wanted to change the look, reskin the old map; bay could be an oasis, hills a ciff desert fortress, change terrain to sand dunes, ruins into vines to match the jungle dragon feel, etc.

Keep the scaling champs, keep the sentry tracking. Remove auto upgrades (the game shouldn’t be able to play itself). Maybe mix it up with new seige weapons or disablers). Creating a new wvw experience doesn’t need to be a huge endeavor, minor tweaks can go a long way.

On a side note, the new map is beautiful and clearly had a lot of work put into it. I would support putting it into a roation with the current EB or even replacing EoTM.

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

No.

I want to give the new maps a fair shake, and I haven’t been able to yet.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in WvW

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

NO, sorry but the mindless drones will just have to learn a new Karma train path.

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

in WvW

Posted by: Halcyon.5340

Halcyon.5340

No.

But, really. Anet should just disable the borderlands map while there’s no ongoing WvW Tournament. Heck, they could even move the player-base below tier 1 to EotM during off-session, and there would be no change to how players play in WvW. It’s only during the tournament session that players actually put some effort into defending key objective. At least in tier 1, there’s the fear of being dropped down to tier 2.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Yes and no.

I only want EB to be replaced with new borderland maps so it’s populated and the old borderlands to be reverted.

Even then though, all the gimmicks of the new map are very annoying… Roaming around getting lost and locked in place by random lazers, getting smashed by walls popping up from now where, the constant crippling effects makes it even more frustrating to navigate and for the love of god WHY DO WE HAVE A BUFF THAT DEFIES GRAVITY AND FALL DAMAGE.

The current state feels like PvM (Person vs Map)

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

No… I don’t want the old maps back. I don’t like the content in the new maps , but oh well, it’s new.

@sephiroth Ha! You 100% nailed it. Player vs map.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

(edited by Fellfoot.8156)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Revert back to BL with quaggan lake. Delete EotM. Make the new BL a PvE map; or just trash it.

I hated those buggy little buggers.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: HerrSaftig.7630

HerrSaftig.7630

I think that neither the size nor the maze like style are the problem but the combination of them both. It takes much too long to get from one location to the next. Also that pve stuff should be removed. Theres already more than enough pve in gw. To me it seems that anet had a lot of ideas for those maps which is great but they tried to put too many of them into the maps. What adds to the anger of lots of players is the massive lag and crashes.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

just remove EoTM, or make them available to a player ONLY IF all 4 maps are queued for the player’s server. then you’ll see WvW revived. until then ,dedgaem.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

No.

They will not be going backwards no matter how much we cry about it so we are going to be at least stuck with one copy of it somewhere for a good long while, might as well get use it. I don’t think the Desert map would make that great of a EB layout as currently designed so whatever they can do with the EotM map or EB map to make 3 different borderland maps, bringing back Alpine as one and one version of something as central. Heck they could use to two versions of the Alpine map, with and w/o Quaggan Lake to make 3 different maps and re-skin the north zone to be no snow.

Have you guys seen some of the Tyria 3D tours of unused GW2 maps dat ming Wooden Potatoes has put out? There are a bunch 1/2 done maps out there that could have been very interesting to play on and when a lot of the WvW crowd would be happy with simpler maps, finishing something existing off might not take as long.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Woodchuck.2386

Woodchuck.2386

No.

I think it’s mostly empty because everyone is doing the HoT stuff at the moment… Give it a month until everyone has their elite specialisations for all their toons and the maps will be filling again.

in WvW

Posted by: PrinceKhaled.5104

PrinceKhaled.5104

I don’t care about maps, I just want the fights back!!!!!!
Bring the WvW community back…. wth!

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I don’t care about maps, I just want the fights back!!!!!!
Bring the WvW community back…. wth!

If you want fights. Go out and fight!

Just pm the enemy commander and ask for some nice fights. The new map won’t hinder you.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Yes. I’ve played wvw since release and now i dont play it anymore becuase of the new maps.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.