Wow seriously?

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeniklast.9283

Aeniklast.9283

The April fool’s junk is bad enough as it. Now I discover it’s also plagued WvW.

Bad move Anet. How am I supposed to enjoy WvW with this crap?

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

It’s pretty ridiculous that the PvP players get a pass on this crap but we are stuck with it. It was impossible to watch for tells in combat because so many animations were bugging out. The joke is fine for when people log on but you need to give an opt out button for WvW.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Completely screwed dueling. I cannot see a windup coming thanks to the reset of the animation effects.

I just came back after a few months and this is a nice reminder as to why I left.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Kitten, its like people think the world is ending.

Its one day, allow some people their fun. Thanks.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

Yeah I could have done without it. Which is good because I needed a break from playing anyway. Been playing too much as it is. Thank you Anet for forcing a break for me.

(And I do really mean this in the most sincere way, I really need to not play this game for a day.)

(edited by nightblood.7910)

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Not all of us find stuff like this fun. Alot find it extremely aggravating and distracting. It should be optional. A simple toggle switch so those that enjoy this crap can have it, and those of us that hate it dont have to deal with it isnt too much to ask for. You’d think they would have learned after last year with the bobbleheads. Its extremely distracting in combat. I’d like to have the option to disable it. Why should i have to just not play for a day just so some people can have fun? why is their fun any more important than mine?

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Its only 1 day enjoy the prank :P

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

What if i followed you around all day long, poking you in the back of the head or screaming in your ear constantly, just for one day though? It’s only for 1 day though so it shouldn’t matter right? Doesn’t matter if its only 1 day. Its annoying and those of us that don’t want to deal with it shouldn’t be forced to. it should be OPTIONAL!

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Lol seriously guys one day out of the entire year chill out its just a bit of fun have a laugh with the joke n be more laid back. Turn off your ingame sounds if its that bad there are more important things to get so stressed about.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: kagak.4230

kagak.4230

Not one to complain but the “April Fools” prank is not enjoyable. It messes with character movement and its caused a bunch of bugs and glitches while I’ve been in WvW, not to mention if they had time to implement this slock why is more not being done with the horrible skill lag in PvP and WvW? I enjoy this game but this is getting ridiculous.

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

What if i followed you around all day long, poking you in the back of the head or screaming in your ear constantly, just for one day though? It’s only for 1 day though so it shouldn’t matter right? Doesn’t matter if its only 1 day. Its annoying and those of us that don’t want to deal with it shouldn’t be forced to. it should be OPTIONAL!

None of what is happening in game is even remotely close to anything you are suggesting. Unreasonable hyperbole, doesn’t really aid your argument in my opinion.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Not all of us find stuff like this fun. Alot find it extremely aggravating and distracting. It should be optional. A simple toggle switch so those that enjoy this crap can have it, and those of us that hate it dont have to deal with it isnt too much to ask for. You’d think they would have learned after last year with the bobbleheads. Its extremely distracting in combat. I’d like to have the option to disable it. Why should i have to just not play for a day just so some people can have fun? why is their fun any more important than mine?

You seem to be missing the point.
Its ONE day of your life. Its a day of fun and pranks. Pranks that not everyone find funny. But so what? I am not a person for these things either, but hell its not difficult to just allow them their fun.
Stop being such a sourkitten.

@Nikkinella.8254
As coglin said, taking the situation out of context isn’t helping your already hopeless case.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

They should bring back the orbs for a day so the fly hackers can role play

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

The April fool’s junk is bad enough as it. Now I discover it’s also plagued WvW.

Bad move Anet. How am I supposed to enjoy WvW with this crap?

PvP players, as probably noted to death, were not plagued with this mess.

What’s really bad?

Is the fact that they dropped it into the MIDDLE of a huge fight in WvW on EB on my server… and then the servers rebooted and kicked us ALL out.

Someone somewhere does NOT know how to tell time or warn that a point-grabbing problem is about to happen.

It wasn’t funny and it wasn’t even cool.

What’s even worse? The bug that holds arms in permanent bow firing position is very much like the position they put us into today.

Not funny and not productive.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

They should bring back the orbs for a day so the fly hackers can role play

Hey, since they are ignoring all types of hacking, why not?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Just spend this whole day on forum. Problem solved.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

So many white knights here defending this. I don’t find it enjoyable. It makes the game unplayable for me. I’m simply asking for an option to turn it off for myself. How does that take away from the people that do find it fun? I have to sit through something i dont enjoy or just not play at all so other people can have fun? sounds fair. I really dont think having the option to turn these things off for myself is too much to ask for.

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

So many white knights here defending this. I don’t find it enjoyable. It makes the game unplayable for me. I’m simply asking for an option to turn it off for myself. How does that take away from the people that do find it fun? I have to sit through something i dont enjoy or just not play at all so other people can have fun? sounds fair. I really dont think having the option to turn these things off for myself is too much to ask for.

I like the airplane noises my character make when running around. If that harms your delicate sensibilities, that I enjoy the sound effects and the spirit of the holiday, that is your problem. You should probably share your opinion constructively, without attacking and name calling folks for enjoying the spirit of the fun. (Ooooh, white knights, what an original and witty insult. Is that even an insult? does that make those with opposing opinions of a white knight a troll? Don’t knights slay trolls?)

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I’d understand your concerns if it was like this 364 days a year but it is only 1. And way less annoying then last years april fool.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Puck.9612

I like the airplane noises my character make when running around. If that harms your delicate sensibilities, that I enjoy the sound effects and the spirit of the holiday, that is your problem. You should probably share your opinion constructively, without attacking and name calling folks for enjoying the spirit of the fun. (Ooooh, white knights, what an original and witty insult. Is that even an insult? does that make those with opposing opinions of a white knight a troll? Don’t knights slay trolls?)

And no one is saying you shouldn’t be able to enjoy it. We just want the option to turn it off from our end so we don’t have to see it.

I’m a roamer, when I’m in small scale, or 1vX fights I need to be able to see wind up animations to win outnumbered fights.

They understood the joke ruins combat, that’s why PvP got a pass. By forcing it on WvW players they are once again showing that WvW isn’t important like their precious esport.

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Vinegaroon.4369

Vinegaroon.4369

It’s only 1 day that you don’t control your character. I wonder how many more days i won’t be controlling my character? This is a joke on the customers. I hope Anet is as understanding when we play a joke on them.

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

Wasn’t April fools a Children thingy??
No offense to people who like it.

But Why did they Exclude PvP, and not WvW(there Large Scale PvP Format).
Player vsPLayer =Player vs Player.
The number of people who attent to it at the same time shouldn’t make a difference.

And Anet seems to be haveing way to much time on there hands to make this instead of fixing the BUGS, that are ingame for months and months and months on end.
So Quit FOOLING around and go fix your game.

Ps. Why don’t they Hold a POLL to see if people still wanne have April Fool Joke.
If more then 50% doesn’t then Remove it from the yearly rotation.

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Puck.9612

Wasn’t April fools a Children thingy??
No offense to people who like it.

But Why did they Exclude PvP, and not WvW(there Large Scale PvP Format).
Player vsPLayer =Player vs Player.
The number of people who attent to it at the same time shouldn’t make a difference.

And Anet seems to be haveing way to much time on there hands to make this instead of fixing the BUGS, that are ingame for months and months and months on end.
So Quit FOOLING around and go fix your game.

Ps. Why don’t they Hold a POLL to see if people still wanne have April Fool Joke.
If more then 50% doesn’t then Remove it from the yearly rotation.

There isn’t even a need for the poll. They can make it optional, the same way the bobble head one is now optional. Some people enjoy it and there isn’t any reason to take that away from them. In fact I encourage every player I’m fighting to use it so you will be at a disadvantage in the fight.

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Dibaryon.7469

Dibaryon.7469

Enjoy this day! Relax and have fun people \o

*GANDARA *
Flipping your camps since 2014 :3

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Enjoy this day! Relax and have fun people \o

How can I enjoy the day when I make crappy airplane noises and can’t roam because I can’t tell what skills the enemy is using..

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

While i agree its just a prank, it needs to stay out of any part of the game that is competitive because it does adversely affect game play. Seriously, half of your survivability in WvW depends on you seeing telegraphs properly.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: OskarGeorgsson.7802

OskarGeorgsson.7802

This is soooo stupid, you cant see any of the skills the enemy uses, THX ANET. How about fixing the network lag instead of making the game unplayable.

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Once again, esports, esports, esports. PvP gets specially attention, WvW gets no attention and no respect…

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Hey, look on the bright side. If you guys hang around here crying about it long enough, it’ll be gone by the time you log back in.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Really? It is only for one day. If u don’t like it, then let GW2 be for a day and enjoy real life. Screw ur partner(s), get out, drink a glass of wine while you make fun of bad movies with friends, read the book you always wanted to read, but couldn’t get around to do so, or do smth else. There are so many more options

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Really? It is only for one day. If u don’t like it, then let GW2 be for a day and enjoy real life. Screw ur partner(s), get out, drink a glass of wine while you make fun of bad movies with friends, read the book you always wanted to read, but couldn’t get around to do so, or do smth else. There are so many more options

While i understand the sentiment, fact is for some of us we used logging in to something like WvW for an hour or so as a means of unwinding at the end of the day since that might be all we have time for/ability to do and now that isn’t an option.

I dunno, seems more like Anet has excelled at finding new ways to turn people off from playing their game than encouraging it.

I’ll probably just log in to get my daily prezzie and run in a circle for 5 minutes then log out just so i can say I saw it, but thats about it. So much for de-stressing tonight…

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Doo Lally.8594

Doo Lally.8594

I noticed ‘Hyperbole’ being used multiple times to flame users who complained about this prank.

Does the over use of ‘Hyperbole’ make it ‘Hyper-hyperbole’.

Just musing.

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I’m glad A-net put this in WvW. WvW is not a serious game mode. It’s the least balanced mode and more of a numbers/coverage game than anything else. It’s fine with me to have this sillyness there for one day out of the year

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: snarfrificus.4230

snarfrificus.4230

i also love the joke of arenanet this year lol xD. specially the airplane blob noises, its like SPAM 1 !!!! XD

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

Actually it looks more like two days if they don’t switch it back soon. But whatever. All I know there was a huge population drop in WvW in general yesterday on my server.

But I am sure it was just a coincidence.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

See I’m all for April’s Fools pranks (if done right, that is), and while some people certainly overreact, it’s still hell of a dumb thing they pulled there. I do not consider it ‘fun’, at least not after the first minute. From there onwards it is annoying (highly annoying), and that’s about it. It has no place in WvW, and even in PvE there should at least be a way to get rid off it entirely after that first minute of fun when heading into the potential hours of annoyance.

I appreciate they put some effort into it, but I guess we should also tell them if the result of their work sucks, no?

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

See I’m all for April’s Fools pranks (if done right, that is), and while some people certainly overreact, it’s still hell of a dumb thing they pulled there. I do not consider it ‘fun’, at least not after the first minute. From there onwards it is annoying (highly annoying), and that’s about it. It has no place in WvW, and even in PvE there should at least be a way to get rid off it entirely after that first minute of fun when heading into the potential hours of annoyance.

I appreciate they put some effort into it, but I guess we should also tell them if the result of their work sucks, no?

Put some effort into making it, true… Then put zero effort into actually testing it.

Anyone in their right mind would instantly see that the effect should have limited to certain areas, such as the city zones or something. That would have been enough to avoid this whole debacle. It should never have been a game wide thing. Even with the way they did it, it doesnt make sense that PvP was excluded, but WvW was not.

Another thing that just shows Anet doesnt care one bit about WvW. They dont consider it PvP, its that bad. To them its just PvE?

This is also ignoring the fact that the only game mode that the “prank” really break is WvW.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

My only issue was the lack of contrast with the Sepia. Since I’m colorblind, it started to make my eyes hurt. Thankfully, I could turn that off by turning off post-processing.

The only other issues I had with it was that Mesmer clones weren’t sticking out their arms. That wasn’t helpful in PvP.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

There are two sides I can see, it was fun, but at the same time it does stick in my back as this is a “change” that affects my character. It feels altered as if Im not in controll on what I have been working on. Call me crazy but it is what it is. I feel it would’ve been better off if it was just a timed buff that would go away after an hour, instead of having to go through this the whole day.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: BigBadMofoNWolf.1674

BigBadMofoNWolf.1674

And no one is saying you shouldn’t be able to enjoy it. We just want the option to turn it off from our end so we don’t have to see it.

I’m a roamer, when I’m in small scale, or 1vX fights I need to be able to see wind up animations to win outnumbered fights.

They understood the joke ruins combat, that’s why PvP got a pass. By forcing it on WvW players they are once again showing that WvW isn’t important like their precious esport.

There is no point upon picking on people who enjoyed it. Think, if it messed you up, how many others had you fought that also were messed up? Also, maybe you could have just partied with a few people and got away from your norm for 1 day. And I agree with what DancingMonkey said, there was no need for the name calling and calling everyone’s posts out that enjoyed it. That was extremely childish. You have your opinions, we have ours. I personally was neutral, I didn’t care for it nor did I enjoy it. It was there, I worked with it and ignored it. I understand, the animations were screwed up, that must have sucked, but guess what. Today, it’s completely OKAY. (:

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Puck.9612

There is no point upon picking on people who enjoyed it. Think, if it messed you up, how many others had you fought that also were messed up? Also, maybe you could have just partied with a few people and got away from your norm for 1 day. And I agree with what DancingMonkey said, there was no need for the name calling and calling everyone’s posts out that enjoyed it. That was extremely childish. You have your opinions, we have ours. I personally was neutral, I didn’t care for it nor did I enjoy it. It was there, I worked with it and ignored it. I understand, the animations were screwed up, that must have sucked, but guess what. Today, it’s completely OKAY. (:

What the hell are you even talking about? Who did I pick on and where was I name calling? I said players that want to have it can have it and those that didn’t should have had the option to turn it off.

I don’t see how anyone can have a problem with giving players (especially players that enjoy small scale combat) the choice to turn off something that has a terrible affect on combat.

Wow seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I solved the issue pretty easily.. What I did was :

Not play for the day, as well as my GF and daughter.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO