WvW Ability Points - Reset Feature

in WvW

Posted by: Vaypur.7465

Vaypur.7465

Fairly sure someone would have brought this up by now, but are there any plans for a feature to be able to reset ability points in WvW using eg. 50 Badges of Honor for full reset , 5 Badges for individual abilities?

There are about 989 point allocations available at the moment and a fair amount of scope for different builds. It would be nice to be able to change builds to suit different roles within different squads, even if it was only limited to once or twice a day, sort of like the guesting feature.

(edited by Vaypur.7465)

in WvW

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

Yeah, plz make some sort of reset item (it’s ok if it’s rare). I hesitate to spend any point ’cause I change build for fun from time to time. :P

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

This is actually a very good idea.

It would also let Anet nerf or try out new WXP traits as need be, without unleashing massive QQ.

And experimentation and theory crafting is a far greater motivator than punitive grind. I know would be much more interested in WXP then.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

PLEASE make this feature available! !! !!! !!!! !!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!!! !!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! youve got no idea how much more awesome wvw would be with wxp. it would help eliminate wxp grinds too! I love what you guys have been doing with wvw, and i thoroughly enjoy it. This would also make it twice as better!

I am a teef
:)

in WvW

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

500 badges sounds more fair. The whole point is to force you to think really carefully about what to slot, and anyone could get 50 badges a week just running in to do the three WvW dailies. More if they spend more time, tackle jumping puzzles, and so on.

We don’t want someone running around with defense against guards or whatever for most of the week, then switching to Siege Bunker/Might whenever a big push for Stonemist is getting made.

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Please do. Then you won’t have to worry about backlash when you also fix those broken trait lines.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I think this is a wonderful idea, and would make it more consistent with the rest of the game mechanics.

Heck, you could even take it one step further and make me super happy by having all your characters be able to draw from the same pool of skill points….

EG: I have 90 skill points on my thief. I’d like to refund those on my thief and use them on my guardian for a month.

in WvW

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

I think this is a wonderful idea, and would make it more consistent with the rest of the game mechanics.

It’s funny you say this and then mention skill points later in your post. You can’t refund skill points, and the only reason people think world points should be refundable is that most of them act more like traits(more range, more damage, etc)… even though you totally get skills from them too. In fact, just like skill points, they’re more expensive the higher tier you buy. “Consistency” is about the least true argument I’ve ever heard about WXP.

(I do agree that there should be a refund option though, but as mentioned, I think it should be a very high cost. It’s either that or let us obtain ability points in other ways like skill points, and that would be very challenging to implement fairly in WvW.)

in WvW

Kincaidia.3192

I unlocked all the skills on 3 characters in 3 months. And even after lots of superior siege building, I have 600 skill points on one character, 400 on another.

I have yet to max one skill in WvW in the same amount of time. They’re not even close to the same in terms of difficulty to achieve / max.

in WvW

Posted by: Nak.8315

Nak.8315

From what I was told, AN has been working on this and it was suppose to be released a month+ ago, but they’ve encountered some massive bug with it so it had to be delayed.

For the short term they did the 1 time reset.

Nak
Call of Fate[CoF]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

There are many currencies that they can use.

laurels
gold
gems
badges of honor

Whatever suits them best. Let there be a price to respec so that it cannot be abused.

in WvW

Kincaidia.3192

From what I was told, AN has been working on this and it was suppose to be released a month+ ago, but they’ve encountered some massive bug with it so it had to be delayed.

For the short term they did the 1 time reset.

I thought it was the one-time reset they were working on. I don’t recall any communication that they thought there should be a regular retraining of points. I hope they realize that offering it as a “carrot” to keep people around is really a bad idea. I’ll stick around longer if I don’t have to work 3 months to try out a new role.

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

It’s funny you say this and then mention skill points later in your post. You can’t refund skill points, and the only reason people think world points should be refundable is that most of them act more like traits(more range, more damage, etc)… even though you totally get skills from them too. In fact, just like skill points, they’re more expensive the higher tier you buy. “Consistency” is about the least true argument I’ve ever heard about WXP.

(I do agree that there should be a refund option though, but as mentioned, I think it should be a very high cost. It’s either that or let us obtain ability points in other ways like skill points, and that would be very challenging to implement fairly in WvW.)

But the difference between Sp’s and WXp points is: 1) You can earn MANY sp’s than you need, just by levelling up (on an alt, after doing crafting levelling, I got 20 skill points in like 40 minutes), since there are so many skills. 2) you don’t need to spend 50 skill points on some form of “training” just to get the skill.

I do see the WXP points as traits. Yes, you get skills, but you also can “get” skills with traits (clones on dodge, heals on dodge, etc). It’d be great if they gave some form of this so people could do different builds. You could only validly compare them to skill points and skills if you could use them like skills, but you really can’t. The WXp points allow you to unlock extra things, in a very similar way to how traits work.

Also, they don’t suddenly totally change skills that require, say 50 skill points to get, then tell you “Oh sorry, we totally nerfed/change that, but we won’t refund your points in case you don’t want to use it anymore”. For now, since they are still fiddling around a lot with the wxp traits, as well as adding new ones, etc, they really should find a way to make it resetable. While some players CAN sit there and play the additional hours to grind up those points again, many I doubt can. While I see the occassional “bronze _” on the field, I see many more of the lower ranks.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

(edited by Handin.4032)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Good suggestion… the game needs more ways to spend badges and this ties right into that.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”