WvW Ability reset with the April patch?

in WvW

Posted by: Garoun.4013

Garoun.4013

Q:

In the past the points have been refunded when changing the ability point lines, any possibility of getting that this time as well?

I’ll continue to farm points per usual but doesn’t hurt to ask for this quality of life change.

P.S. Yes, I know most hardcore WvWers will have an excess of points so kudos if you do. I personally spent most of my ‘hardcore’ hours in WvW before abilities existed while walking back and forth from Hills to Bay uphill with bare feet in lava!

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

A reset may help those folks who aren’t maxed and didn’t really understand what they may have been putting their points in.

It would also help to have a ‘populate all’ for those of us who do have an excess of points.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I do not want to have to re-allocate my points again. With the removal of guard stacks no WvW abilities are essential and I would think the large majority of players playing have excess points.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I understand your concerns, OP, and I agree – ANet should have done a reset if they implemented this change.. As they have in the past a couple times.

However I am also in agreement with others who state having excess points.. It gets very irritating having to go through all your toons and “spend” them. If only ANet implemented a feature as simple as “spend all” for those with excess points.

But yes, it is strange this time they did not incorporate a reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Anet,

A possible solution… when entering WvW after such a change, give the players a Pop-Up option to:

A) Reset All WvW Points
B) Do Not Reset WvW Points

And if you want to be nice, put a check box at the bottom that says:

*Check here to apply the above selection to all characters on your account.

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

They could have it allow you the option to reset points every week while you are at spawnpoint. I don’t see why not.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

You shouldn’t really need points reset too often, a lot of WvW players filled that 20 from previously earned but unused points instantly.

Would have been nice if they had included it with the HoT patch but at least they got it out this time.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Ug please no. Its so annoying to have to reallocate all gazillion of them on every toon. The new provision line is only 35 deep I think.

MAYBE when they do the next wvw season. Or crazy idea, how about a consumable for it so people can redo mains or something instead of everyone having to remax all 20 lines on 10+ characters.

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Ug please no. Its so annoying to have to reallocate all gazillion of them on every toon. The new provision line is only 35 deep I think.

MAYBE when they do the next wvw season. Or crazy idea, how about a consumable for it so people can redo mains or something instead of everyone having to remax all 20 lines on 10+ characters.

If you have max points – it is not a big deal – please stop whining. Not everyone will like that but it happens.

As it is, it doesn’t take that long to re-max things.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

It does not take long to earn points for new ability either.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I didn’t see this post before making my own ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Reset-rank-points/first#post6107652 )

My main account (this one) is rank 2720, which I prefer didn’t get points reset on. But my alt account is only rank 160~ and I would rather have auto loot than the other stuff that I am traited for right now. I think I would like the OPTION to reset my points, not necessarily a universal point reset that resets everyones points.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

If you have max points – it is not a big deal – please stop whining. Not everyone will like that but it happens.

As it is, it doesn’t take that long to re-max things.

Ya while we at it, anet let’s reset this guy’s trait lines in all 3 modes on all his characters every 6 months. If he’s got any rangers let’s reset his pets too and ofcoarse their names.

There are better options than just resetting everyone considering mid silver rank is max all lines. Anyone who even cares to play in wvw can max the important ones out in under 6 months, and actually many like ram mastery dont even need to be maxed to get full dmg from them.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

why would you guys like it to reset?
so you wont play WvW?
go play WvW, earn Wxp then set the skills yourselves
if you dont want that then go back to PVE
/pfff

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness